Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2016 07:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Looking at the EC playoffs how it stands right now is what all the teams will looks like come playoff time. Florida, Detroit, Tampa from Atlantic. Washington, NYR, NYI from Metro. Bruins & Pens WC. I could def see Bruins or Pens sneaking into top 3 for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hailtopitt 01-28-2016 07:58 AM

Penguins are quietly playing great hockey recently & have the 2nd most efficient Power Play since mid-December

staying under the radar will be the tricky part. the quieter the better for the Pens

~Crashintome89~ 01-28-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16271917)
You mean the game the Caps won 8-0?

It was actually 8-2, but whatever.

Enjoy those zero Stanley Cups.

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2016 08:05 AM

In the West the Hawks, Stars & Blues are pretty close to locks. I could for sure see the Preds getting hot again and taking a top 3 spot from Stars or Blues. You would have to think Pekka is going to have some positive regression to the norm. He really hasn't had a good season at all thus far. Get Johansen & Neal going and they're going to be pretty Dynamic together. Still a lot to be desired from Ribero, Forsberg, Smith and Fisher.

Blues should be getting Allen and Schwartz back shortly after the break. Fabbri is certainly starting to heat up and could see his way in top 6 even with Schwartz back.

Stars just aren't all there. No production from Seguin or Klingberg as of late. Team needs to find a balanced attack. Though they've been getting good production from bottom 6 during this rough streak.

Wild will probably be the 8th seed though I could see Avs giving them a run if Varly continues his stellar play. But the Avs lines need to start contributing and clicking. Not sure why you split up Landy-Mackinnon-Duchenw line but if you do you got to make sure you get production.

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16271958)
It was actually 8-2, but whatever.

Enjoy those zero Stanley Cups.

Enjoy golf in April. Should be a fantastic time

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2016 08:08 AM

And I'm not going to touch the Pacific because that division is a god damn mess.

~Crashintome89~ 01-28-2016 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16271965)
Enjoy golf in April. Should be a fantastic time

Wouldn't you guys know that just as well?

hailtopitt 01-28-2016 08:10 AM

:lol Flyers-Caps banter is more entertaining than i thought it would be

clearly a heated rivalry :rolleyes

TMoore4075 01-28-2016 08:15 AM

I love the Flyers and Caps. First two Stanley Cups I witnessed were because of both of them.

Roose13 01-28-2016 08:41 AM

I think we just don't like Brohan. Barbs is cool.

Lcsulla 01-28-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16271963)
In the West the Hawks, Stars & Blues are pretty close to locks. I could for sure see the Preds getting hot again and taking a top 3 spot from Stars or Blues. You would have to think Pekka is going to have some positive regression to the norm. He really hasn't had a good season at all thus far. Get Johansen & Neal going and they're going to be pretty Dynamic together. Still a lot to be desired from Ribero, Forsberg, Smith and Fisher.

Blues should be getting Allen and Schwartz back shortly after the break. Fabbri is certainly starting to heat up and could see his way in top 6 even with Schwartz back.

Stars just aren't all there. No production from Seguin or Klingberg as of late. Team needs to find a balanced attack. Though they've been getting good production from bottom 6 during this rough streak.

Wild will probably be the 8th seed though I could see Avs giving them a run if Varly continues his stellar play. But the Avs lines need to start contributing and clicking. Not sure why you split up Landy-Mackinnon-Duchenw line but if you do you got to make sure you get production.

Agreed, though I do not think the Preds have the talent to make a deep run in the playoffs. Truthfully, I think (barring a fluke) we will see another LA/CHI conference final in the west.

As for the east, it is gonna be another battle. Have to believe the teams with the best chance at making deep playoff runs would be the Rangers, Capitals, Islanders, Bolts and Red Wings. No predictions on a conference final matchup though. :)

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16272306)
Agreed, though I do not think the Preds have the talent to make a deep run in the playoffs. Truthfully, I think (barring a fluke) we will see another LA/CHI conference final in the west.

As for the east, it is gonna be another battle. Have to believe the teams with the best chance at making deep playoff runs would be the Rangers, Capitals, Islanders, Bolts and Red Wings. No predictions on a conference final matchup though. :)

Preds certainly don't have that much to offer in making a conference run but I do fell like there's plenty of talent on that team to cause some havoc. Getting production from Ekholm certainly helps.

Kings have the ability to go to the conference finals but they're a piece or two away from making a huge splash. Muzzin has certainly helped as of late from the blue line. Kings will be the biggest players at the deadline for sure from the West.

Hawks will need to make a play for a blue liner and a bottom 6 center I believe but tough to see them going all out.

As for the East it's going to be Caps & ????? Really tough to say who the other team will be. Caps will be active at the deadline for sure. Laich, Latta will be the ones to go I believe. I think Richards for sure would be a better option than those two. Caps will get get a solid winger come deadline. Could be a top 6 guy to move Burakovsky down. Caps will also get another solid blue liner. Schmidt has been playing well but hard to imagine Chorney will be there come May.

Rest of East is full of teams with lost identities, won't know what will happen until March

TMoore4075 01-28-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16272306)

My Wings have the talent and the goaltending for it but they can't seem to get it all going in the same direction long enough, at least as of right now.

Lcsulla 01-28-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16272341)
Preds certainly don't have that much to offer in making a conference run but I do fell like there's plenty of talent on that team to cause some havoc. Getting production from Ekholm certainly helps.

Kings have the ability to go to the conference finals but they're a piece or two away from making a huge splash. Muzzin has certainly helped as of late from the blue line. Kings will be the biggest players at the deadline for sure from the West.

Hawks will need to make a play for a blue liner and a bottom 6 center I believe but tough to see them going all out.

As for the East it's going to be Caps & ????? Really tough to say who the other team will be. Caps will be active at the deadline for sure. Laich, Latta will be the ones to go I believe. I think Richards for sure would be a better option than those two. Caps will get get a solid winger come deadline. Could be a top 6 guy to move Burakovsky down. Caps will also get another solid blue liner. Schmidt has been playing well but hard to imagine Chorney will be there come May.

Rest of East is full of teams with lost identities, won't know what will happen until March

Once again I agree on most of that though I do not think the Hawks have to make any moves really unless it is a rental. Kruger should be back come playoff time for the fourth line and can split duties with Panik or Rasmussin. As for their blue line guys, I have complete faith in Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, TVR, Scuderi and Gustafsson to set up the offense and contribute some points. I like the fact that Rozsival is a big guy who can hit hard but when it comes to passing, putting pucks on net for rebounds or playing shutdown D he cannot hold a candle to the rest of the guys I mentioned. Also, both Toews and Hossa are great at getting back quick to help out on D - true two way players.

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16272364)
Once again I agree on most of that though I do not think the Hawks have to make any moves really unless it is a rental. Kruger should be back come playoff time for the fourth line and can split duties with Panik or Rasmussin. As for their blue line guys, I have complete faith in Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, TVR, Scuderi and Gustafsson to set up the offense and contribute some points. I like the fact that Rozsival is a big guy who can hit hard but when it comes to passing, putting pucks on net for rebounds or playing shutdown D he cannot hold a candle to the rest of the guys I mentioned. Also, both Toews and Hossa are great at getting back quick to help out on D - true two way players.

Do you see Kane/Panarin/Anisimov carry the scoring? As long as Crawford stays healthy Hawks will be there. Crawford I think has the edge on Holtby for Vezina TBH, he's been carrying the Hawks just as much as Kane.

Something you really need to look at though is can Kane keep up the production? He's hitting territory this year he has never contributed. As long as he still has that chip on his shoulder I think he can succeed

dmbetc 01-28-2016 11:43 AM

John Scott opened up about the All Star debacle. So good.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

EDIT: Screw you, NHL.

~Crashintome89~ 01-28-2016 11:51 AM

Yeah, the NHL has looked completely awful in this whole thing.

I'm really hoping Scott just gets fed pass after pass in one of his games.

TMoore4075 01-28-2016 11:56 AM

I want a Scott all-start jersey cause fuck the NHL on this.

Lcsulla 01-28-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16272377)
Do you see Kane/Panarin/Anisimov carry the scoring? As long as Crawford stays healthy Hawks will be there. Crawford I think has the edge on Holtby for Vezina TBH, he's been carrying the Hawks just as much as Kane.

Something you really need to look at though is can Kane keep up the production? He's hitting territory this year he has never contributed. As long as he still has that chip on his shoulder I think he can succeed

Yeah, I do think the Anisimov line can keep up the scoring, the more they play together the better they get. Honestly I can't think of a more formidable line in the whole NHL. Panarin and Kane seem to read each others minds and Anisimov is probably the most underrated center in the league - only because he plays on that line. Thing is they don't have to carry the team so to speak. Recently the Hawks have been getting a lot more production out of the Toews/Hossa/Shaw line and Teravainen is turning into a star and anchoring that 3rd line.

As for Kane, he may drop off a bit but not much - having Panarin and Anisimov with him up top along with Seabrook and TVR supporting him I really believe he can keep up this pace, maybe not quite as many points but I do not see some dramatic drop off at all in his play.

dmbetc 01-28-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16272530)

This'll be a top seller.

UCFish 01-28-2016 12:02 PM

Such a great article.

TMoore4075 01-28-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16272544)
This'll be a top seller.

T-Shirts are out of stock.

barbogast 01-28-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16272497)

Brilliant piece. Quickly gaining a lot of respect for John Scott which I never thought would happen. Seriously, screw you, NHL. Of course his kids will be proud, as they should be.

dmbetc 01-28-2016 12:19 PM

The NHL shouldn't get a dime from his All-Star merchandise sales.

TMoore4075 01-28-2016 12:20 PM

His little girl wearing his Sharks jersey and the tutu...hilarious and cute.

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16272497)

Came here to post this. Great article. NHL has done a lot of controversial stuff over the past 10 years and I believe they get away and a lot of it gets unnoticed because the media focuses more on Football and Basketball

Brohan_Santana 01-28-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16272530)

Could be a difficult one. I doubt NHL prints enough for the run. They will probably purposefully only run the bare minimum

dmbetc 01-28-2016 12:38 PM

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Doughty one right now. Those look sharper than I remember.

lockman21 01-28-2016 12:49 PM

I'm gonna order a Chinese Scott All-Star jersey because extra fuck the NHL.

I don't want them to get money from my purchase. Counterfeit it is.

lockman21 01-28-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

I try not to think about how young my daughters are, and how much they’ll hate the move. Or about the stress it will place on my wife, who is nine months pregnant with twins. Or about the fondness I feel for the guys in Phoenix — our group that no one believed in — and the pride I feel for what we’ve accomplished together. I try not to think about how I don’t want to leave.
I'm not ordering a single piece of official NHL merch.