Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

RiotAct 04-09-2015 05:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Pens losing to the Sabres on Saturday is entirely possible. Ted Nolan has made it his final life goal to get us to 29th place. :rolleyes

Can't wait til the home opener next season when we raise that 2014-2015 29th Place banner!!!

barbogast 04-09-2015 06:02 AM

So if the Kings lose in regulation tonight, they're done. Holy. Shit.

Great win by the Caps last night. They're quietly playing very good hockey right now.

TMoore4075 04-09-2015 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15902522)
ROW for Boston against Florida and a OTL for the Pens and the Bruins jump past them. They own the tiebreaker in that scenario.

Obviously a regulation loss for Pittsburgh works as well.

Obviously the Pens could go 1-1-0 and the Sens go 2-0-0 and the Sens are in as well.

So much crazy shit can happen in the next few days. Was looking at Wings possibilities, if Sens go 1-0-1 and Wings go 0-1-1 they end up tied in points, tied in ROW's, tied in points head to head, so goal differential becomes the tiebreaker, which as of now, Sens hold the lead and over two games if Wings go 0-1-1 I doubt they overtake them in that category. Just win boys, is all I can ask.

edit: Also to the Rangers, while it's wrapped up, beating the Sens helps you out too. I would rather face Detroit or Pitt in round 1 than the Sens, so beating them tonight, helps you in that cause.

Dramageek 04-09-2015 06:05 AM

So the Pens can still finish either out of the playoffs or second in the Metro. Gotta love the loser point!

Rebecca De Mornay 04-09-2015 06:10 AM

guys, please be careful, the cannon is still hot from last night.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-09-2015 06:11 AM

also, not that it matters because both teams sucked this year but can we finally agree that the hartnell/umberger trade was highway robbery?

Hartnell has been very good.

~Crashintome89~ 04-09-2015 06:15 AM

It was a very good trade for Columbus to make, they needed a power forward that brought some sandpaper.

It was a bad trade for the Flyers in the short term because Umberger was still hurt, which they knew, and wasn't a PP threat like Hartnell. The two years off of Hartnell's contract was huge for the Flyers, but honestly, this trade was made because of Craig Berube and nothing else.

I can't wait until he's gone.

hailtopitt 04-09-2015 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15902548)
So the Pens can still finish either out of the playoffs or second in the Metro. Gotta love the loser point!

don't even get me started

jrkarger 04-09-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15902522)
ROW for Boston against Florida and a OTL for the Pens and the Bruins jump past them. They own the tiebreaker in that scenario.

Obviously a regulation loss for Pittsburgh works as well.

Obviously the Pens could go 1-1-0 and the Sens go 2-0-0 and the Sens are in as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 15902528)
Pens losing to the Sabres on Saturday is entirely possible. Ted Nolan has made it his final life goal to get us to 29th place. :rolleyes

Can't wait til the home opener next season when we raise that 2014-2015 29th Place banner!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15902565)

Part of me really hopes the Pens lose out and don't make it. Put us all out of our misery. I really don't want to see them get swept in the first round.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 3 pts is their magic number right? Does that mean a regulation loss to NYI tomorrow night eliminates them?

TMoore4075 04-09-2015 06:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15902565)

Loser point wasn't a problem from 99-2004. Only 2005 and later was it a problem. Now what happened around that time....hmmmm? :trap

hailtopitt 04-09-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 15902568)
Part of me really hopes the Pens lose out and don't make it. Put us all out of our misery. I really don't want to see them get swept in the first round.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 3 pts is their magic number right? Does that mean a regulation loss to NYI tomorrow night eliminates them?

no, the magic number of 3 is a combo of points gained by the pens and points lost by the sens

so an overtime loss for the pens + regulation loss for the sens gets them in

2 losses, at least 1 in regulation by sens gets the pens in

etc etc

TMoore4075 04-09-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15902577)
no, the magic number of 3 is a combo of points gained by the pens and points lost by the sens

etc etc

Now that the Pens and Isles have started to suck along with the Wings, WAY too many scenarios to even guess what happens.

hailtopitt 04-09-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15902582)
Now that the Pens and Isles have started to suck along with the Wings, WAY too many scenarios to even guess what happens.

yep, gonna be a crazy weekend

jrkarger 04-09-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15902577)

etc etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15902582)

Got it 88888889

~Crashintome89~ 04-09-2015 06:34 AM

It would be fun to see the Flyers sneak into the playoffs.

salrx95 04-09-2015 06:47 AM

Part of me wants the rag$ to win tonight and get us in but the fiery competitor in me wants the Sens to win and us to beat the Pens to put ourselves in tomorrow.

Tuesday still burning me. Good thing I was traveling most of the day yesterday so I couldn't stew any longer over it. Sadly I am in Chicago for a wedding tomorrow and won't see the game. I did dvr it and will try to avoid score to watch last 2 games Sunday when I get home.

socopithy 04-09-2015 07:02 AM

I'm not daft enough to say I want to see my Isles not make it to the playoffs because they've fallen apart and will likely get swept in the first round.

But yeah...
::clears throat::

lockman21 04-09-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15902547)
edit: Also to the Rangers, while it's wrapped up, beating the Sens helps you out too. I would rather face Detroit or Pitt in round 1 than the Sens, so beating them tonight, helps you in that cause.

Know what helps them even more? Resting Rick Nash and Ryan McDonagh to make sure they don't go down with season ending injuries in meaningless games.

I don't know if the Rangers would "rather" play anyone at this point, I think they feel they can beat just about everyone.

fonzz41 04-09-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15900436)
That LA/Calgary game Thursday is gonna be INTENSE.

I've cleared my schedule for this tonight!
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15899245)
I don't know how many people read this website on a boarderline religious basis like I do, but Matty, Kevin Shattenkirk is doing a piece that will give you a big boner...he's doing a write up on the best defenseman in the league:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/eli...attenkirk-nhl/

I still think, for me, Duncan Keith is the most enjoyable player to watch in the game. He's so sneaky good. I love his hockey IQ, and his absolutely ridiculously insane ability to skate. He's by far the best skater in the league, IMO. I know a lot of guys have the nickname "Crazy Legs" for him for that very reason. I love #2.

Finally got around to checking this out and it was a lot of fun, thanks for posting. :thumbsup How can you not agree with his choices? Simply the best in the game. I loved his comparison of Suter to Lidstrom in terms of smarts. It's something I've noticed going back to last season's playoffs. As far as Keith being the best skater in the game, he's certainly up there. Hard to name a "best" IMO when you've got a couple different styles of skating, all that get the job done. There's smooth skaters like Doughty, power skaters like MacKinnon... All their talent amazes me. But yeah, Although Doughty is probably my favorite player to watch skate, Dunc is right up there.

I'm worried that the teaser for part 2 of this article has a picture of Subban. Don't do it, Shatty.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15902557)
also, not that it matters because both teams sucked this year but can we finally agree that the hartnell/umberger trade was highway robbery?

Such a solid deal by the Jackets that will continue to pay dividends. :thumbsup
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15902678)
Know what helps them even more? Resting Rick Nash and Ryan McDonagh to make sure they don't go down with season ending injuries in meaningless games.

I just saw that they're planning to rest Nash, Zuccarello, and Staal tonight. Probably smart.

fonzz41 04-09-2015 08:38 AM

Fallon does NHL superlatives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1tLVxuGA30

:lol

TMoore4075 04-09-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15902678)

I don't know if the Rangers would "rather" play anyone at this point, I think they feel they can beat just about everyone.

They probably could beat anyone the way they are going right now but I'm sure (even though they wouldn't say it) they'd rather the Pens or Wings. Wings and Pens have 7 wins in their last 20 combined games. Sens have 14 in their last 20.

RiotAct 04-09-2015 08:43 AM

it's crazy there are only 2 games left for every team and yet there's still so many different possibilities w.r.t. the playoffs!

Rebecca De Mornay 04-09-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 15902881)
it's crazy there are only 2 games left for every team and yet there's still so many different possibilities w.r.t. the playoffs!

ya but it would be better if it was a sport that catered to their stars like the NBA where there are 6 or 7 teams with less than 30 wins

scrock25 04-09-2015 08:52 AM

Has Buffalo locked up last yet?

socopithy 04-09-2015 08:54 AM

Love a good w/r/t.

RiotAct 04-09-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 15902902)
Has Buffalo locked up last yet?

Nope. The Magic Number to lock up McEichel is 2. :) Meaning, some combination of (Arizona gaining x points and Buffalo missing out on y points) needs to happen as long as x+y add up to 2.

Ted Nolan is an awful tank commander, he has the team playing every game like they're in the playoffs now for whatever reason. Haha :scorpio

scrock25 04-09-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 15902923)
Nope. The Magic Number to lock up McEichel is 2. :) Meaning, some combination of (Arizona gaining x points and Buffalo missing out on y points) needs to happen as long as x+y add up to 2.

Ted Nolan is an awful tank commander, he has the team playing every game like they're in the playoffs now for whatever reason. Haha :scorpio

Yeah, Buffalo needs to friggen lose, stat.

aeroshady 04-09-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15902494)
Pens would need to lose out most likely for that to happen. Lose to the Isles (which that game should be interesting with how bad both are playing) and then to the Sabres.

OK Rangers, I know you've got shit wrapped up, but help a guy out tonight. A regulation win for you. That guarantees my team is in.

Would like for NY to send a message tonight too. Not sure if they will be totally up for it knowing everything is locked down.

TMoore4075 04-09-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15902956)
Would like for NY to send a message tonight too. Not sure if they will be totally up for it knowing everything is locked down.

yeah. Resting guys and then in your head you've got nothing to play for and this team is gonna be pumped. It's a trap for a team like the Rangers but ya never know. I will be the biggest Rangers fan tonight. Maybe the Wings win in Montreal but I'm not holding my breath.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-09-2015 09:20 AM

nash has the entire playoffs to rest.