Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Official Gilford (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=357036)

dmbboston 02-02-2022 08:31 AM

Official Gilford

Nice to see a 2-nighter again for Gilford.

fuvonks 02-02-2022 11:30 AM

Re: Official Gilford

Best Venue in the northeast.

kathryn13 02-02-2022 12:17 PM

Shhh. lol
Love how under the radar and mellow the shows are.

IanJHickey 02-02-2022 12:59 PM

I’m hitting Gilford for the first time this year. I have heard nothing but positive things. I’ve got an airbnb booked on the lake next to the venue. Can’t wait!

robertccribb 02-02-2022 02:34 PM

I am thinking about doing these shows. What should I know? just looking for some insight on venue etc. Thanks

Sluftus 02-02-2022 02:57 PM

If new WH member, should I avoid getting tix through them for night 2 since based on seniority?

BigMikeDMB 02-02-2022 05:42 PM

Best kept secret in New England

Ryo Vie 02-03-2022 05:51 AM

I was considering staying at that same B&B - it looks amazing! still mapping out my plans, but visiting this venue for the first time ever is going to happen this year!

grilldanmo 02-03-2022 06:12 AM

Wanna go...we've never been, but it's always on our radar...maybe this'll be the year. Reminds me of Mansfield in that the shows tend to be sneaky good while getting little appreciation/fanfare outside of the attendees. We were looking at a house on a nearby lake a in 2019, but realized we'd spent enough on shows that year. This year'll be tougher, so we'll have to see...

kathryn13 02-03-2022 06:27 AM

For newcomers.
You can look through this photo gallery to get a feel for the venue and crowd. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4431299&type=3
This is a rural venue in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. I share that because that means July can be a tough month to find a place to stay because there will be a lot of folks already booked for their week on the lake.

Here's a link to a google view of the venue and surrounding area. https://imgur.com/a/7gElyBP Yellow P's show all the parking lots. Get to know the different parking options: https://www.banknhpavilion.com/?page=park
Also, if you do the cheap parking (it used to be free), remember where you parked and how you got there. It can be very disorientating coming out after the show in the dark and having to wonder on paths to figure out where you parked.

The red circles are really the closest places to stay within walking distance of the venue (not counting Airbnbs or VRBOs).

Two entrances are the green arrows. It can take a while to park because of the limited entrances.

The large blue box is a small plaza with a convenience store, liquor store, and a restaurant.

Things have been changing a bit at this venue. It had been locally owned, but it was sold or at least a large stake in it was sold to live nation. Each year they've chipped away at its awesomeness - hence why we all pay for parking now. So we'll see what changes this year.

GADMBfan 02-04-2022 07:34 PM

Heading up from Georgia for both shows. Flying in to Portland and driving over. Looking for forward to my first trip to NH!

monizzle145 02-04-2022 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sluftus (Post 18126228)
If new WH member, should I avoid getting tix through them for night 2 since based on seniority?

Last year I got tickets at the soundboard N1 and lowers N2 from ticketmaster the day before both shows. I wuldn't wase a WH request on N1 at all and it's up to you as far as N2 WH requests.

JMDancing 02-07-2022 07:29 AM

Looking to maximize # of shows and considering lawn for Gilford.
How is lawn there?
Hopefully better than Hartford?
Does it pack in or is there space/blanket?
Any tips/suggestions welcome.

markk 02-08-2022 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMDancing (Post 18129169)
Looking to maximize # of shows and considering lawn for Gilford.
How is lawn there?
Hopefully better than Hartford?
Does it pack in or is there space/blanket?
Any tips/suggestions welcome.

I was out on the lawn both nights last year, at least for part of the show. It is much smaller than Hartford but there was a lot of straw / hay in spots where there wasn’t grass, so not ideal for sitting on a blanket in some spots. If you’re facing the stage, the left side of the lawn really starts to slope down, so the best spot was in the center IMO. Much more laid back of a venue overall ( although someone near me in the pavilion really didn’t like Digging a Ditch and made sure everyone knew it. The band probably even heard it!)

JMDancing 02-10-2022 09:57 AM

Great details to know ~ thank you. Helped my decision to opt out of lawn.

KevinTH 02-15-2022 06:46 PM

Great venue. We camped their last year and it was a blast.

Phish announced their tour today. They’re playing Mansfield on 7/14 & 7/15…hoping Trey could make an appearance in Gilford.

IanJHickey 02-16-2022 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 18135083)
Great venue. We camped their last year and it was a blast.

Phish announced their tour today. They’re playing Mansfield on 7/14 & 7/15…hoping Trey could make an appearance in Gilford.

That would be incredible!
How large is the pit at this venue?

KevinTH 02-16-2022 11:39 AM

I had never done pit prior to last year, so I don't know in comparison to others, but it seemed pretty big to me. It got kind of packed, but I'd say a couple hundred people at least were squeezed in there.

Very mellow vibe at this venue. Small enough to get a good view from the lawn, big enough to house a DMB caliber band. reminds me a bit of Riverbend in Cinci.

ctdawg 02-25-2022 08:27 AM

First time to Gilford and excited. Got pit and lowers this morning.

mynameismike 02-25-2022 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctdawg (Post 18142922)
First time to Gilford and excited. Got pit and lowers this morning.

Nice! Great venue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwhit2k3 02-25-2022 09:48 AM

Bummed - when I logged on initially (right at 10) it looked like the same smattering of tix from the pre-sale and there was no option to filter on standard tickets. Got Sec 2C aisles. Then went back in a few minutes later and all the club seats, pits and everything else was widely available. Live Nation is such a glitch fest.

kathryn13 02-25-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwhit2k3 (Post 18143048)
Bummed - when I logged on initially (right at 10) it looked like the same smattering of tix from the pre-sale and there was no option to filter on standard tickets. Got Sec 2C aisles. Then went back in a few minutes later and all the club seats, pits and everything else was widely available. Live Nation is such a glitch fest.

You might call the venue and ask them to help you switch. They are nice there and may do that. https://www.banknhpavilion.com/

dklein 02-25-2022 12:22 PM

I have two Section 2A Night 1 Tickets for sale if anyone was unsuccessful in the Ticketmaster Derby this morning. Face plus fees.

gwhit2k3 02-25-2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathryn13 (Post 18143052)
You might call the venue and ask them to help you switch. They are nice there and may do that. https://www.banknhpavilion.com/

Worth a shot! Thanks!

TypicalBilly14 03-03-2022 12:54 PM

I'm coming to this venue in July for another concert. Anyone have hotel recommendations that aren't too far away, sorta classy and cheap? :thumbsup :thumbsup

kathryn13 03-03-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 18146944)
I'm coming to this venue in July for another concert. Anyone have hotel recommendations that aren't too far away, sorta classy and cheap? :thumbsup :thumbsup

There's literally a map in this thread with the hotels/motels within walking distance outlined in red.

dklein 03-03-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dklein (Post 18143220)
I have two Section 2A Night 1 Tickets for sale if anyone was unsuccessful in the Ticketmaster Derby this morning. Face plus fees.

Bump! Still have them for sale

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TypicalBilly14 03-03-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathryn13 (Post 18146966)
There's literally a map in this thread with the hotels/motels within walking distance outlined in red.

Okay, thank you.

dklein 03-03-2022 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathryn13 (Post 18146966)

He didn't ask for a map. He asked for personal recommendations

KevinTH 03-04-2022 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dklein (Post 18147035)
Bump! Still have them for sale

Gorge 2016???