Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 04-15-2016 09:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16374586)
curling practice

:lol:lol

CrushB610 04-15-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16373938)
I love Wayne Simmonds, but that was the dumbest thing he could have done there. Tom Wilson is nothing but a dumpster fire and should be ignored.

i agree it was very dumb and Simmonds knows better, but I'm not sure it warranted a roughing call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16373954)
It was a worse mistake than the deliberate icing he took a few weeks ago against Columbus that nearly cost the Flyers a playoff spot.

that was so bad...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16374306)
not taking anything away from the Caps, they earned the win. but man, the Flyers really did everything they could to lose that game

did everything they could do to lose that game? i thought the Flyers played decently well actually all things considered. Not a ton of mistakes. Just couldn't muster up any offense consistently and also couldn't cash in on the early PP's. Other than that the bad play by Voracek in the neutral zone is the only other bad play/mistake I can think of that really contributed to the outcome.

Also like the tone that was set by Schenn at the end of the game with the hit on Alzner. Mason looks confident and was seeing the puck pretty well all night which is good moving fwd.

Coots being out for the rest of the series will hurt the Flyers big time on special teams and on defense but the PK was good enough even without him. Schultz came up huge with some blocked shots during the 4 min pp.

dmbetc 04-15-2016 11:11 AM

After last nights game I went home and watched highlights from 2014 Kings/Sharks series to feel better. It just made me more nervous and sad. This is not the same team anymore. :lorraine

TMoore4075 04-15-2016 11:14 AM

Something about San Jose in the games I've watched this year they seem to be different. I'm still expecting LA to get it cause...it's LA, same with Chicago but SJ doesn't seem to be the team we expect. Maybe that team will still show up.

hailtopitt 04-15-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 16374835)
did everything they could do to lose that game? i thought the Flyers played decently well actually all things considered. Not a ton of mistakes. Just couldn't muster up any offense consistently and also couldn't cash in on the early PP's. Other than that the bad play by Voracek in the neutral zone is the only other bad play/mistake I can think of that really contributed to the outcome.

Also like the tone that was set by Schenn at the end of the game with the hit on Alzner. Mason looks confident and was seeing the puck pretty well all night which is good moving fwd.

Coots being out for the rest of the series will hurt the Flyers big time on special teams and on defense but the PK was good enough even without him. Schultz came up huge with some blocked shots during the 4 min pp.

they weren't playing playoff hockey IMO

Simmonds was really dumb. Flyers had more than 1 bad turnover, its just that Voracek's was the one that really cost them.

i think they were fairly outclassed last night. sure, they muscled up on the Caps like they do against anyone, but it didn't work. the Caps are a heavy team themselves so i don't see that being effective

big offensive guns were quiet all night too

CrushB610 04-15-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16375060)
they weren't playing playoff hockey IMO

Simmonds was really dumb. Flyers had more than 1 bad turnover, its just that Voracek's was the one that really cost them.

i think they were fairly outclassed last night. sure, they muscled up on the Caps like they do against anyone, but it didn't work. the Caps are a heavy team themselves so i don't see that being effective

big offensive guns were quiet all night too

Caps were much more physical in the first.. Everyone knew going in this was going to be a physical series. I think a physical series plays slightly into the flyers hands by possibly getting Washington off their game but that remains to be seen.

As far as the offensive guns, the flyers only have one guy over 30 goals on the year and the offense has shown to disappear at times throughout the year, both even strength and on the PP, even in the midst of the teams hot streak. I guess my point is to have a 1 goal game for 57 mins of the game with your offense doing not much of anything vs the most dangerous offensive team in the East is at least something to hang your hat on for the rest of the series.

wampa3 04-15-2016 11:40 AM

Pretty bummed that Girardi is out tomorrow. He was one of the best skaters for the Pens.

hailtopitt 04-15-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 16375077)
Caps were much more physical in the first.. Everyone knew going in this was going to be a physical series. I think a physical series plays slightly into the flyers hands by possibly getting Washington off their game but that remains to be seen.

As far as the offensive guns, the flyers only have one guy over 30 goals on the year and the offense has shown to disappear at times throughout the year, both even strength and on the PP, even in the midst of the teams hot streak. I guess my point is to have a 1 goal game for 57 mins of the game with your offense doing not much of anything vs the most dangerous offensive team in the East is at least something to hang your hat on for the rest of the series.

a physical series will not throw the Caps off their game though. physicality is a big part of their game

hey, i'm not saying the Flyers can't turn it around. just going by the eye test though, they didn't look to be in playoff mode in game 1...Caps had the intensity and were much more responsible with the puck

and yea, holding them to 1 goal for 57 minutes on the road is pretty good as well. however, when you rarely threaten to score and your best goal scorer is taking himself off the ice in a 1 goal game just to fight someone, that's not good...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 16375078)
Pretty bummed that Girardi is out tomorrow. He was one of the best skaters for the Pens.

hailtopitt 04-15-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

:lol right?

Dramageek 04-15-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

:lol But may Tanner Glass play the whole series.

dmbetc 04-15-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16375015)
Something about San Jose in the games I've watched this year they seem to be different. I'm still expecting LA to get it cause...it's LA, same with Chicago but SJ doesn't seem to be the team we expect. Maybe that team will still show up.

It's now or never for San Jose this year. There's only so many times they can choke. They do look different and are playing the Kings at their own game.

barbogast 04-15-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 16375077)
I think a physical series plays slightly into the flyers hands by possibly getting Washington off their game

I could not disagree with this more

If anything, it will be the opposite

hailtopitt 04-15-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16375186)
I could not disagree with this more

If anything, it will be the opposite

yup, my thoughts exactly

nampahcj 04-15-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16375004)
After last nights game I went home and watched highlights from 2014 Kings/Sharks series to feel better. It just made me more nervous and sad. This is not the same team anymore. :lorraine

How so is your team not the same? Still great coaching, Kopi, Doughty, Quick, tough 4th line, etc. lose of Williams, Voynov? Williams was always a thorn in the side of the Sharks..

San Jose for sure deeper this year. 4 solid centers down the line. Better coaching. Coach has saved Thornton's energy all year by not using him as much on PK and a result he's having a hell of a season.

dmbetc 04-15-2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nampahcj (Post 16375253)
How so is your team not the same? Still great coaching, Kopi, Doughty, Quick, tough 4th line, etc. lose of Williams, Voynov? Williams was always a thorn in the side of the Sharks..

San Jose for sure deeper this year. 4 solid centers down the line. Better coaching. Coach has saved Thornton's energy all year by not using him as much on PK and a result he's having a hell of a season.

Our D is for shit. Williams is HUGE in the playoffs. Brown is invisible I wanna slap him. Gabby is still out. Greene is still out. Lots of young guys on D. I'm not panicking yet. The key to the Kings, which they haven't lost, is resilience.

hailtopitt 04-15-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16375261)
Our D is for shit. Williams is HUGE in the playoffs. Brown is invisible I wanna slap him. Gabby is still out. Greene is still out. Lots of young guys on D. I'm not panicking yet. The key to the Kings, which they haven't lost, is resilience.

and the right guy behind the bench

Sutter is a huge advantage for them against almost anyone

dmbetc 04-15-2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16375264)
and the right guy behind the bench

Sutter is a huge advantage for them against almost anyone

Can't argue that but I will say that the two things I wish Sutter did more was

1) pull quick quicker when needed
2) don't roll out all 4 lines at crunch time. play your top two.

hailtopitt 04-15-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16375269)
Can't argue that but I will say that the two things I wish Sutter did more was

1) pull quick quicker when needed
2) don't roll out all 4 lines at crunch time. play your top two.

i don't watch enough Kings games to see this happen but yea, i HATE when coaches roll 4 lines when trailing late

you're paying your top guys for those exact moments

JRS1386 04-15-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16373382)
For those going and interested in a NHL Thread meet up at c-ville fill out spreadsheet below!

Note: You don't have to put your email or phone number if you don't want to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Filled out

TMoore4075 04-15-2016 04:22 PM

Wings are out shouting them again and almost let them score on their 2nd shot again. I just don't get it.

dmbetc 04-15-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16375367)
Filled out

:thumbsup
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16375454)
Wings are out shouting them again and almost let them score on their 2nd shot again. I just don't get it.

yeah, Lightening have some fire in them.

TMoore4075 04-15-2016 04:30 PM

Loved Larkin's hit on Drouin.

TMoore4075 04-15-2016 04:51 PM

This team is so bad. Let me shoot from the faceoff dot with no one in front and hope the 6'7" goalie won't make the save. 15 shots sounds like a lot both most are ones I could stop and it feels like Tampa is dominating cause most of their shots are good scoring chances. I don't know how you improve this team cause both the offense and defense is struggling.

Dramageek 04-15-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16375461)
Loved Larkin's hit on Drouin.

Too bad Kucherov is killing the Wings so far. Lot of hockey left, though, right?!

barbogast 04-15-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16375455)
:thumbsup

yeah, Lightening have some fire in them.

Please tell me this was on purpose :lol

dmbetc 04-15-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16375496)
Please tell me this was on purpose :lol

:lol I didn't even notice this. Not on purpose just typing fast and half asleep.

barbogast 04-15-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16375508)
:lol I didn't even notice this. Not on purpose just typing fast and half asleep.

That's exactly how our favorite mistake maker spells Lightning every team :lol

Dramageek 04-15-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16375510)

:lol

The Hawks or Blues gonna score this series? No goals in regulation yet.

dmbetc 04-15-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16375510)

:lol:lol love it. Hope he knows I wasn't poking fun as I don't want a stick to my face.

dmbetc 04-15-2016 05:54 PM

barbs did you try to cville sign up? jrs was able to fill it out.