Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 09-06-2017 10:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
NHL.tv is frustrating at times I have had a subscription with them for the past 4 seasons, for the first three I only chose to pay for the Hawks games but last season I paid the extra 30 bucks to get every game for all the teams but my auto renewal somehow brought me back to t he single team package for some reason. Now I am on the phone with the tech people to rectify it and I have to create a whole new account with a new username and PW which basically means I have to update both my computer and Roku to have the new UN/PW's. UGH!

TheLastPig 09-07-2017 01:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Looks like Ill get to check out the new little caesars arena for dead & co in november, gonna be fun.

fonzz41 09-07-2017 03:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Holy busy summer. Missed you guys.

I'm always down for fantasy hockey. Sign me back up.

George Parros is gonna run the Dept of Player Safety? Awesome.

dmbetc 09-07-2017 03:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16876123)
Holy busy summer. Missed you guys.

I'm always down for fantasy hockey. Sign me back up.

George Parros is gonna run the Dept of Player Safety? Awesome.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5Mes1uCjYJk/maxresdefault.jpg

Lcsulla 09-07-2017 09:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Karlsson questionable for opening night. If he is out for any extended period of time following that surgery that will be a tough break for Ottawa.

mr.MikeD 09-08-2017 03:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Anyone hear any noise about Iginla landing anywhere? Read some likely wrong rumours about Edmonton either for 1 year or a PTO. But they don't seem very valid.
Too much young talent, tough for the old guys like him and Jagr maybe

lockman21 09-08-2017 03:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Yeah I'm back in for fantasy.

Lcsulla 09-08-2017 07:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16877140)
Anyone hear any noise about Iginla landing anywhere? Read some likely wrong rumours about Edmonton either for 1 year or a PTO. But they don't seem very valid.
Too much young talent, tough for the old guys like him and Jagr maybe

I think Jagr would be a perfect fit in Vegas. Yes, he is past his prime but he'd be a draw to see in person IMO. Heard the same about Iggy and Edmonton looking at a one year deal.

barbogast 09-08-2017 10:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
https://www.russianmachineneverbreak...l-youd-expect/

:lol Mark Scheifele

TMoore4075 09-11-2017 10:49 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Just have to say LCA is pretty sweet. A lot of (expensive) food optoins, two concourses and even standing up in the mezzanine, you didn't feel like you were far away. I'm happy I'm lower bowl for my two games but mezzanine or the first row or two of the upper bowl would be ok too. When you are walking around the concourse, because of the weird roof they have, it feels like you are walking around outside.

kev87lads 09-11-2017 03:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16878475)
Just have to say LCA is pretty sweet. A lot of (expensive) food optoins, two concourses and even standing up in the mezzanine, you didn't feel like you were far away. I'm happy I'm lower bowl for my two games but mezzanine or the first row or two of the upper bowl would be ok too. When you are walking around the concourse, because of the weird roof they have, it feels like you are walking around outside.

Yea. Saw the pics that you guys posted. Arena looked snazzy.

swordo84 09-11-2017 03:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Almost time for the avatar change...... :)

aeroshady 09-11-2017 03:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16878818)
Almost time for the avatar change...... :)

Jay's are done, you can change it now!

dmbetc 09-12-2017 05:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Okay, so I am officially taking over the ants fantasy hockey league!

Interested in staying in the league:
Sarah
Matty
Chris
Greg
Tim

People not interested:
Barbs (boo you whore!)
possibly waterboy

Let me know if you're in for it, and if you're not in the league let me know if you're interested in joining (it's free).

barbogast 09-12-2017 05:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
How bout this. If it doesn't fill and you need someone to make it even or fill it out, I'll get back in

Roose13 09-12-2017 05:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16880247)
Okay, so I am officially taking over the ants fantasy hockey league!

Interested in staying in the league:
Sarah
Matty
Chris
Greg
Tim

People not interested:
Barbs (boo you whore!)
possibly waterboy

Let me know if you're in for it, and if you're not in the league let me know if you're interested in joining (it's free).

I am in.

What's the deal with keepers? I kept a forward, defenseman and goalie for now, but can easily edit it. How many do we keep, position restriction, etc.?

dmbetc 09-12-2017 06:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16880278)
I am in.

What's the deal with keepers? I kept a forward, defenseman and goalie for now, but can easily edit it. How many do we keep, position restriction, etc.?

Well, let's discuss keepers. These were the rules last year:

'Real' draft: Worst team drafts first...
5 Keepers: Max of 2 forwards, 2 d-men, 1 goalie
No keeping your previous years first round pick: This allows true superstars to be released back into the pool.

Non-eligible keepers this year would be:

Brent Burns (SJ - D)
Tyler Seguin (Dal - C,RW)
Patrick Kane (Chi - RW)
Joe Pavelski (SJ - C,RW)
Johnny Gaudreau (Cgy - LW)
Sidney Crosby (Pit - C)
Steven Stamkos (TB - C)
Braden Holtby (Was - G)
Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C)
Nathan MacKinnon (Col - C)
Alex Ovechkin (Was - LW)
Jamie Benn (Dal - C)

Roose13 09-12-2017 08:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
I can't keep Holtby? Fuck that noise

swordo84 09-12-2017 08:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Where do you buy your cheapo jerseys?

Lcsulla 09-13-2017 12:05 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16880247)
Okay, so I am officially taking over the ants fantasy hockey league!

Interested in staying in the league:
Sarah
Matty
Chris
Greg
Tim

People not interested:
Barbs (boo you whore!)
possibly waterboy

Let me know if you're in for it, and if you're not in the league let me know if you're interested in joining (it's free).

Can I play?

I want my center to be McDavid and my wings to be Kane and Tarasenko. On D I will be happy with Keith and Karlsson holding the fort for Bobrovsky! :)

Lcsulla 09-13-2017 12:09 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16880405)
Where do you buy your cheapo jerseys?

Do you use eBay at all? I have found a seller who makes great ones, they are not 'real' as in authentic (though they are reabock with the real NHL logo's and stuff) but all the letters, numbers, logo's and patches are stitched on - not that iron on crap some use plus they have fight straps and the 'stripes' on the sleeves and the bottom of the jersey are all sewn on fabric, not like the old CCM ones where the color is just dyed differently. They cost $55 a pop with shipping, definitely worth it! I have used them a number of times and never been disappointed. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you the sellers name. PM me or just post in here!

TMoore4075 09-13-2017 09:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16880312)
Well, let's discuss keepers. These were the rules last year:

'Real' draft: Worst team drafts first...
5 Keepers: Max of 2 forwards, 2 d-men, 1 goalie
No keeping your previous years first round pick: This allows true superstars to be released back into the pool.

Non-eligible keepers this year would be:

Brent Burns (SJ - D)
Tyler Seguin (Dal - C,RW)
Patrick Kane (Chi - RW)
Joe Pavelski (SJ - C,RW)
Johnny Gaudreau (Cgy - LW)
Sidney Crosby (Pit - C)
Steven Stamkos (TB - C)
Braden Holtby (Was - G)
Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C)
Nathan MacKinnon (Col - C)
Alex Ovechkin (Was - LW)
Jamie Benn (Dal - C)

We don't have to keep all those positions right? My D fucking blew so I only want to keep one of them.

aeroshady 09-13-2017 10:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16880247)
Okay, so I am officially taking over the ants fantasy hockey league!

Interested in staying in the league:
Sarah
Matty
Chris
Greg
Tim

People not interested:
Barbs (boo you whore!)
possibly waterboy

Let me know if you're in for it, and if you're not in the league let me know if you're interested in joining (it's free).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16880278)
I am in.

What's the deal with keepers? I kept a forward, defenseman and goalie for now, but can easily edit it. How many do we keep, position restriction, etc.?


I was not in the Ants league last season, but I was two seasons ago. I would like back in! I don't know how this will impact a keeper league though!

swordo84 09-13-2017 10:30 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16880634)
Do you use eBay at all? I have found a seller who makes great ones, they are not 'real' as in authentic (though they are reabock with the real NHL logo's and stuff) but all the letters, numbers, logo's and patches are stitched on - not that iron on crap some use plus they have fight straps and the 'stripes' on the sleeves and the bottom of the jersey are all sewn on fabric, not like the old CCM ones where the color is just dyed differently. They cost $55 a pop with shipping, definitely worth it! I have used them a number of times and never been disappointed. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you the sellers name. PM me or just post in here!


Yeah, I'm looking for a toddler size though which were/are a bit tough to dig up there. Does your seller have toddler Leaf jerseys? If so, I'd be happy to have a peek - thanks.

kev87lads 09-13-2017 10:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16880247)
Okay, so I am officially taking over the ants fantasy hockey league!

Interested in staying in the league:
Sarah
Matty
Chris
Greg
Tim

People not interested:
Barbs (boo you whore!)
possibly waterboy

Let me know if you're in for it, and if you're not in the league let me know if you're interested in joining (it's free).


Still not interested per this post (52827) on the last page. :)

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=52827

bradshaw06 09-13-2017 11:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16880247)
Okay, so I am officially taking over the ants fantasy hockey league!

Interested in staying in the league:
Sarah
Matty
Chris
Greg
Tim

People not interested:
Barbs (boo you whore!)
possibly waterboy

Let me know if you're in for it, and if you're not in the league let me know if you're interested in joining (it's free).

I'd love to defend my 2nd place title!

TMoore4075 09-13-2017 11:51 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16880878)
I'd love to defend my 2nd place title!

Come on 3rd place repeat for me!

dmbetc 09-13-2017 12:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Thoughts on dropping keeper rules and starting fresh? Otherwise I'm sure there's a way people can "take over" existing teams or we just drop two players and continue with 10, assuming all others want to rejoin.

Roose13 09-13-2017 01:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
There's a way people can take over old teams, but I wouldn't mind starting fresh.

dmbetc 09-13-2017 03:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16881016)
There's a way people can take over old teams, but I wouldn't mind starting fresh.

just cause you can't keep holtby? ;)

I am fine going either way (giggity)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.