Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ***Official Burgettstown/Pittsburgh Thread*** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=353405)

cpxc. 01-22-2020 06:38 AM

***Official Burgettstown/Pittsburgh Thread***

Star Lake is back!

redder 01-22-2020 06:46 AM

Re: ***Official Burgettstown/Pittsburgh Thread***

Glad to see Star Lake is back! Forgot what the amphitheatre is called and initially scrolled right past it, thinking we got skipped again. Wish blossom was back to back and not on a tuesday a week before.

tedies 01-22-2020 07:08 AM

My wife is from Pittsburgh so its easy to get her to travel to this one. Sad they skipped it last year but I’ll make the short trip this year for sure :cool

Spell On Me 01-22-2020 07:12 AM

There it is! So glad we're back! Some really strange dates this year.

TheLastPig 01-22-2020 07:18 AM

Should be well attended this summer. Not aware of anything else going on 7/3

Spell On Me 01-22-2020 07:22 AM

Looking forward to a massive tailgate. Who's in charge?

Not it.

cpxc. 01-22-2020 07:33 AM

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=13&where=2000

20 years to the date of this beauty

BeyondKnight 01-22-2020 11:13 AM

What time do lots open?

somuchtoplay 01-23-2020 06:40 AM

Going to try and make this one....Kind of glad its not back to back with Blossom, 2 nights in a row in different cities is rough anymore...having to secure babysitting, etc. Hoping for pits, but anywhere under the roof is fine by me!

mandy18 01-23-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 17618429)
What time do lots open?

Idk, but I’m already on the side of the road waiting to get in!

cpxc. 01-23-2020 08:58 AM

i want to say 4PM

Spell On Me 01-23-2020 09:54 AM

:lol:lol:lol

What's the over/under on how many times this question will be asked?

donvito72 01-23-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 17617868)
http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=13&where=2000

20 years to the date of this beauty

Good god does this make me feel old. I was definitely there. I'm also pretty sure saw Phish 4 days later at Star Lake on 7/7/00, but I'd have to confirm that. It absolutely poured all day at Three Rivers. Luckily I was tailgating under and overpass.

redder 01-25-2020 04:27 PM

I was at that 3 rivers show. Had a blast there. Miss setlist like those

Point202 02-04-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spell On Me (Post 17617815)
Looking forward to a massive tailgate. Who's in charge?

Not it.

First person to ask volunteers :p

Spell On Me 02-04-2020 10:59 AM

Hey Amy! How's it going.

Spell On Me 02-18-2020 07:45 AM

Got our tix on the presale today. Just missed lowers, but got some pretty good uppers.

mandy18 02-18-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spell On Me (Post 17637808)
Got our tix on the presale today. Just missed lowers, but got some pretty good uppers.

Are you able to buy parking in the presale? If you can, and would be willing, I’d buy you a beer inside if you’d pick me up a parking pass! (And obviously id pay for the parking ... beer would be a thanks for the favor).

I was declined parking through the WH. :rolleyes

Spell On Me 02-18-2020 12:08 PM

Sorry Mandy, I didn't see where the parking was offered.

mandy18 02-18-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spell On Me (Post 17638165)
Sorry Mandy, I didn't see where the parking was offered.

No problem - thanks!

Deadman23 02-18-2020 10:07 PM

How'd everyone do for those that requested tickets thru the WH? I put in for $115 level for this show and both nights of DC with Star Lake being my priority pick. I got denied for DC put got Star Lake. Hoping I get something good in Sections 1-3!

YouNeverKnow25 02-19-2020 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandy18 (Post 17638155)
Are you able to buy parking in the presale? If you can, and would be willing, I’d buy you a beer inside if you’d pick me up a parking pass! (And obviously id pay for the parking ... beer would be a thanks for the favor).

I was declined parking through the WH. :rolleyes

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandy18 (Post 17638189)
No problem - thanks!

https://concerts1.livenation.com/st-...168.1581519899

mandy18 02-19-2020 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 17638504)

Got it! I thought it was just the citi presale going on right now, and I don’t have a Citicard (though I should get one for presale purposes).

YouNeverKnow25 02-19-2020 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandy18 (Post 17638532)
Got it! I thought it was just the citi presale going on right now, and I don’t have a Citicard (though I should get one for presale purposes).

It kind of seems like they just don’t care about these kind of tertiary ticket items....camping, parking, etc—you can buy them at presale without actually completing the presale requirements (having a citi card/code/etc)

mandy18 02-19-2020 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 17638533)
It kind of seems like they just don’t care about these kind of tertiary ticket items....camping, parking, etc—you can buy them at presale without actually completing the presale requirements (having a citi card/code/etc)

Thanks for the heads up on that! Got my parking ticket! I didn’t even think to check - I just assumed I couldn’t get one yet! :)

SweetUpAndJane 02-19-2020 04:29 PM

How bad is the parking at the venue? Any nice hotels near by? Recommendations? :)

42km 02-19-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetUpAndJane (Post 17639145)
How bad is the parking at the venue? Any nice hotels near by? Recommendations? :)

Parking sucks bigtime. Strongly recommend Premier Parking ( purchase it in advance) and leaving during the E2 song. If you do it’s an easy out to the highway. My go to hotel is Hyatt Place across from the Robinson Mall. Decent place reasonably priced. Sort of midway between downtown Pittsburgh and the venue. Lots of restaurants in the area of the hotel as well as a giant Giant Eagle supermarket close by that sells beer!

It’s a straight shot on the highway to the venue from that hotel .

If you’re going to venue from that hotel don’t waist time lining up in the right lane to exit the highway to the venue if traffic is backed up. Stay in passing lane as the exit doubles up to 2 lanes just before the off ramp.

SweetUpAndJane 02-19-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42km (Post 17639247)
Parking sucks bigtime. Strongly recommend Premier Parking ( purchase it in advance) and leaving during the E2 song. If you do it’s an easy out to the highway. My go to hotel is Hyatt Place across from the Robinson Mall. Decent place reasonably priced. Sort of midway between downtown Pittsburgh and the venue. Lots of restaurants in the area of the hotel as well as a giant Giant Eagle supermarket close by that sells beer!

If you’re going to venue from that hotel don’t waist time lining up in the right lane to exit the highway to the venue if traffic is backed up. Stay in passing lane as the exit doubles up to 2 lanes just before the off ramp.

Well you sure covered it all, thanks!

SweetUpAndJane 02-19-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42km (Post 17639247)

is it Airport Hyatt?

42km 02-19-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetUpAndJane (Post 17639262)
is it Airport Hyatt?

No it is the Hyatt Place near the Pittsburgh Airport:

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/pe..._seo_nam_pitza