Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019 (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=349604)

MidwestGirl 09-12-2018 10:24 AM

Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

From February 15th to 17th, 2019, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds will return to Riviera Maya, Mexico for their third-annual, all-inclusive concert vacation in partnership with CID Entertainment.

Slated for Presidents’ Day weekend (February 15th–17th) in 2019, the duo will perform three beachside concerts across the weekend, with additional artists for the lineup to be announced in the coming months. In 2018, for their second-annual destination event, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds were joined by Brandi Carlile, Béla Fleck & Abigail Washburn, and Joseph.

Per the event’s official announcement,

This serene Caribbean getaway, designed in partnership with CID Presents, will offer guests a fully curated experience: exclusive access to three nights of beachside performances, all-inclusive food and drink, premium hotel accommodations, shuttle service to and from Cancun International Airport and 24-hour concierge service. Guests can choose from six tropical resorts including the concert’s host resort, The Barcelo Maya and Palace. Additional resorts include The Hard Rock Hotel, Secrets Akumal, Banyan Tree Mayakoba, and Rosewood Mayakoba. Daily on-site activities and optional off-site adventures like healing and wellness retreats, golf outings, Chichen Itza tours, snorkeling, zip-lining, ATV tours, day trips to Tulum and more will be offered to guests.

An online presale for Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds upcoming concert get-away in Riviera Maya 2019 will begin on Tuesday, September 18th, at 1 p.m. (ET) for members of the DMB Warehouse Fan Association here. Citi cardmembers will also have access to a special pre-sale, with their presale beginning on Thursday, September 20th, at 1 p.m. (ET) until Friday, September 21st, at 1 p.m. (ET) here. The concert vacation’s general public on sale will begin on Friday, September 21st, at 1 p.m. (ET). For more information and complete details, including information on payment plans, head to www.daveandtimrivieramaya.com.

Source: https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/da...-riviera-maya/

tubaguy1145 09-12-2018 10:42 AM

Re: Dave & Tim Riviera Mexico 2019

2017 was so much fun. I’m strongly considering a return trip. No regrets about the cost, worth every penny.

Any word on whether this is the last year for this? I read somewhere that CID typically signs their acts to a three year deal.

dmbolp 09-12-2018 10:54 AM

Booked non-stop Southwest flights out of ATL

but1well 09-12-2018 10:55 AM

My wife and I love Riviera Maya and of course DMB but the cost is way too high, especially after going to the Gorge

seanbrutus 09-12-2018 11:00 AM

God that price is high

MidwestGirl 09-12-2018 11:03 AM

Having worked in events and event planning, and having actually attended this trip (2017) I can tell you the cost is not that high.

This is a full on production by CID. The amount of money spent putting together the stage setup, staffing, all of the other logistics and just managing this trip on top of the hotel/food costs, it's well worth it.

4 people in a room at the Hard Rock is $1750pp for 4 nights. Granted, if you go as a couple or stay at a nicer resort, it will cost more..... but worth every penny.

antinseattle 09-12-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestGirl (Post 17250385)
Having worked in events and event planning, and having actually attended this trip (2017) I can tell you the cost is not that high.

This is a full on production by CID. The amount of money spent putting together the stage setup, staffing, all of the other logistics and just managing this trip on top of the hotel/food costs, it's well worth it.

4 people in a room at the Hard Rock is $1750pp for 4 nights. Granted, if you go as a couple or stay at a nicer resort, it will cost more..... but worth every penny.

It is a room. Non descript. 2 beds. If the Customers are adults, sharing a room with 2 queen beds and one bathroom, no value.

Hey I agree, experiences are WORTH it. But this is always high. 4 People, MIN 7k Yikes. To each their own.

Now if it was full band........Dave SOLO, Dave and Friends......anything but DT.

I just wrote the 3 night set list. I spotted 39 songs, and missed 4. WOOF

It will be a great time for those who go.

It is high $.

dpduke5173 09-12-2018 11:17 AM

Very tempting. Had a great time earlier this year and thought each night was fantastic in its own way. The resort was fine even though it’s not as nice as the Excellence resort I stayed at closer to Cancun last year for a friend’s wedding . Not sure I can pull the trigger with winter band dates looming... If I can get a friend to commit it may be a different story.

kwelch10377 09-12-2018 11:24 AM

Anyone recall around when the Barcelo Maya 2 or 3 person packages sold out last year?

rhizingbines 09-12-2018 11:29 AM

If the winter tour weren’t around the corner, I’d be considering it. Seems like a great time just out of my price range and it’ll be near impossible to find anyone to go with who will be willing to shell out that kind of cash.

sheman10 09-12-2018 11:54 AM

My wife and I will be going again next year. Already have the grandparents booked to watch the kids!

If you can afford it, it really is an excellent time. And the "venue" is so small, there's not a bad view, even in the back.

SonnyDMB 09-12-2018 12:00 PM

I was at Mexico in year 1 but not last year. i thought i saw pics that last year they did have screens flanking the stage. Can someone confirm this? if they added screens, i assume that improved the experience for those that would rather spend part of the time chilling in the back and not always trying to get in early to be closer to the stage. this is an important factor in my decision to go so any comments on the usefulness/size of the screens for peopling chilling in the back would be helpful. (and hopefully the sound was good towards the back.....without a bunch of people chatting thru songs which occurred more then expected year 1.....had to move around a lot to avoid talkers)

also, did the opening acts all play at the pool during the day in year 2?

Thanks for the insights.

sheman10 09-12-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonnyDMB (Post 17250508)
I was at Mexico in year 1 but not last year. i thought i saw pics that last year they did have screens flanking the stage. Can someone confirm this? if they added screens, i assume that improved the experience for those that would rather spend part of the time chilling in the back and not always trying to get in early to be closer to the stage. this is an important factor in my decision to go so any comments on the usefulness/size of the screens for peopling chilling in the back would be helpful. (and hopefully the sound was good towards the back.....without a bunch of people chatting thru songs which occurred more then expected year 1.....had to move around a lot to avoid talkers)

also, did the opening acts all play at the pool during the day in year 2?

Thanks for the insights.

They did indeed have two fairly large screens flanking the stage this past year. Search for YouTube videos of the shows, you'll get a pretty good idea how big.

And yes, I remember Bela, and I'm pretty sure Carlos Malta, playing at the pool in the afternoons.

aeroshady 09-12-2018 12:17 PM

Week before Phish plays there too. Wonder if there will be some guesting going on.

Cscottrun 09-12-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17250546)
Week before Phish plays there too. Wonder if there will be some guesting going on.

I wonder if anyone will do the Phish package, continue staying at the property the following week and then stay for Dave and Tim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidwestGirl 09-12-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17250591)
I wonder if anyone will do the Phish package, continue staying at the property the following week and then stay for Dave and Tim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh to have that kind of money and vacation time!

I think D&T are first then Phish? Either way I bet someone stays for both.

illinifan 09-12-2018 01:13 PM

My wife is dying of cancer and this is bucket list stuff. I'm in no matter the cost.

aircavmike 09-12-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubaguy1145 (Post 17250344)

Any word on whether this is the last year for this? I read somewhere that CID typically signs their acts to a three year deal.

I would be willing to take a gander that this will happen again in the future. This is a $$$ maker for them and it doubles as a vacation for Matthews.
It's a win win all around for them.

seanbrutus 09-12-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 17250607)
My wife is dying of cancer and this is bucket list stuff. I'm in no matter the cost.

Jesus man I am so sorry. I hope you guys can make it there.

illinifan 09-12-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanbrutus (Post 17250629)
Jesus man I am so sorry. I hope you guys can make it there.

Thanks man. I told her birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas are postponed until further notice.

MidwestGirl 09-12-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 17250607)

Wow, I'm so sorry. I hope you guys can make it.

We have some really active groups on FB if you guys have any questions or want to interact/meet other fans going.

MidwestGirl 09-12-2018 02:10 PM

Link to FB groups --

https://www.facebook.com/groups/daveandtimmexico2019/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/daveandtimmexico/

illinifan 09-12-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestGirl (Post 17250649)

Request sent. Thanks.

grilldanmo 09-12-2018 02:28 PM

No tickets available outside of the packages, right?

dmbolp 09-12-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grilldanmo (Post 17250665)
No tickets available outside of the packages, right?

Correct 8

MidwestGirl 09-12-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestGirl (Post 17250649)

The alumni group is MUCH more active, but also a little bit of a shit show.

Hilltopper11 09-12-2018 03:02 PM

My wife and I are thinking of going for the first time (matches up well with a 5 year anniversary trip). Two questions for the vets:

1.) Any big differences between the Hard Rock and Barcelo locations?
2.) Other than purchasing flights, did you find that you spent much "extra" money outside of the all inclusive fees?

Thanks!

MidwestGirl 09-12-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilltopper11 (Post 17250694)
My wife and I are thinking of going for the first time (matches up well with a 5 year anniversary trip). Two questions for the vets:

1.) Any big differences between the Hard Rock and Barcelo locations?
2.) Other than purchasing flights, did you find that you spent much "extra" money outside of the all inclusive fees?

Thanks!

Hey!

Hard Rock is overall a better resort - nicer rooms, better food.

Barcelo is the location where the shows take place. So you can walk to the shows (vs. shuttle) and enjoy the poolside parties/daytime activities. In the past the guests and openers have done small sets poolside each day. I stayed at the Barcelo, and there are multiple pools but one pool is sort of the center of activity where everyone there for D+T hangs out. One big pool party all day.

Food is not so great at Barcelo (honestly I've stayed at numerous all inclusive's and the food is never good) but it is generally preferred for the conveinence factor. We even heard the sound check from the beach. Barcelo also has an amazing beach and huge grounds. A little something for everyone.

I don't think the Hard Rock has a beach, just a rocky lagoon (but is also very pretty).

In terms of money we only needed cash for tips. We did not do any additional excursions though, there was enough going on at the resort that we liked to just party by the pool each day.

Bmwm3oz 09-12-2018 03:38 PM

I would like to go but can't blow another $5k on music right now. It's 5K for a decent hot tub and that's my focus lately :)

Very jealous of those who are going!

snapmcd 09-12-2018 05:34 PM

The price quoted on the website does not include airfare, correct?