Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Past Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   *** Official Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland, 4 July) Thread *** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=244793)

SmoothRider[PL] 04-01-2009 03:29 PM

*** Official Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland, 4 July) Thread ***

From www.davematthewsband.com:

Quote:

Dave Matthews Band will headline the Montreux Jazz Festival on July 4, 2009. The 43rd festival is scheduled to take place at the Stravinski Auditoriumin in Montreux, Switzerland from July 3-18. On the 4th of July, Steely Dan will perform from 8-9:30; DMB will headline from 10-11:30; and Chickenfoot will perform a special midnight show from 12-1:30 a.m. Tickets go on sale to the public April 2, 2009 at 12:00 pm local venue time.
Who's going in?

cocoon 04-01-2009 03:33 PM

Re: *** Official Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland, 4 July) Thread ***

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothRider[PL] (Post 9156525)
Who's going in?

Are you? I still haven't decided what all I'll do between Paris and Amsterdam, so might be going.

SmoothRider[PL] 04-01-2009 03:37 PM

I don't think $o :shrug

steviegee23 04-01-2009 03:46 PM

I think I might get a chance to be there. I've never been to Switzerland, but I'll be studying in Freiburg, Germany this summer. How much are tickets to one night?

SmoothRider[PL] 04-01-2009 03:52 PM

I will tell you tomorrow or even the day after (no info on official Festival site)

Gips 04-01-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocoon (Post 9156553)
Are you? I still haven't decided what all I'll do between Paris and Amsterdam, so might be going.

one thing you all have to know : Montreux is very (VERY) expensive... both the festival tickets (around 200 USD for a concert) and the hotels !!!!

blusi 04-02-2009 03:48 AM

I'll be there for sure. The tix for the Montreux show are 90 fr.-, that's about 100 USD, I think....

Hell yeah...DMB in Switzerland!!!!

blusi 04-02-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocoon (Post 9156553)

I take all of them. :D:thumbsup

Snoubort 04-02-2009 10:58 AM

In fact, it is not sooo expensive:

The tickets are 60 Euros for the night, and you can find comfortable youth-hostels for about 20 (dorms) to 50 Euros (2 bed room).

And, it is one of europes most stunning countysides, you really have to go there (beautiful lake, palms, wine-hills, the alps and nice cities around).

Ok, you should bring your food with you ;)

For me it`s now Montreux and Amsterdam

GRECObearcat 04-02-2009 11:48 AM

Steely Dan plays right before DMB. I'd love to hear them on a guest song or two.

handsareme 04-14-2009 12:01 PM

I'm there with a standing room ticket. When are people lining up to get to the front when doors open at 19:00?

Also, I've emailed the Warehouse to see what the taping restrictions are for this concert. I have a feeling that with Steely Dan and Chickenfoot, as well as at Montreux, that taping will not be allowed. I have no means to professionally record it, but I figured I'd check it out to see what to expect. Can Independence Day (USA!) get here any quicker?

handsareme 04-14-2009 12:09 PM

I'm there with a standing room ticket. When are people lining up to get to the front when doors open at 19:00?

Also, I've emailed the Warehouse to see what the taping restrictions are for this concert. I have a feeling that with Steely Dan and Chickenfoot, as well as at Montreux, that taping will not be allowed. I have no means to professionally record it, but I figured I'd check it out to see what to expect. Can Independence Day (USA!) get here any quicker?

handsareme 04-14-2009 01:22 PM

Wow, quick response:

Jon -

DMB allows taping at their shows unless the Festival has rules against it. They may not allow it because there are other bands playing you'd need to check with them.

Direks 04-28-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviegee23 (Post 9156590)
I think I might get a chance to be there. I've never been to Switzerland, but I'll be studying in Freiburg, Germany this summer. How much are tickets to one night?

I live in Freiburg and I'm going. Are you already in Freiburg?

The ticket is 60 Euro for one day. Steely Dan an Chickenfoot are also on stage July 4th.

handsareme 04-28-2009 01:12 PM

I think blusi and I are gonna get in line around 16:00. If anyone thinks that time should be earlier, just say it. I'm bound and determined to get to the best of the standing room area.

steviegee23 04-30-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direks (Post 9320325)
I live in Freiburg and I'm going. Are you already in Freiburg?

The ticket is 60 Euro for one day. Steely Dan an Chickenfoot are also on stage July 4th.

Wow cool. I emailed you. I'm going June 1st and staying until first week of August. I definitely want to go to this concert.

crazyeasy22 05-01-2009 09:33 AM

Where is this ticket for 60 euro one day?? I cant find it anywhere, everything seems expensive. Help please!

handsareme 05-01-2009 03:56 PM

I think the stehplatz (standing place) tickets are sold out. I was with a friend last weekend and she was unable to buy one at the window.

steviegee23 05-01-2009 05:35 PM

Damn. Does anyone think they'll have any extras? I'm looking for a ticket too.

handsareme 05-02-2009 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviegee23 (Post 9345000)
Damn. Does anyone think they'll have any extras? I'm looking for a ticket too.

You can always start trying a few weeks before the show. Sometimes venues release tickets. Where are you coming from?

steviegee23 05-02-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handsareme (Post 9346620)
You can always start trying a few weeks before the show. Sometimes venues release tickets. Where are you coming from?

I'm from Penn State, but I'm going to Freiburg at the end of May. I don't know anyone over there, but I'm hoping to go with any Dave fans I meet.

handsareme 05-02-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviegee23 (Post 9347056)
I'm from Penn State, but I'm going to Freiburg at the end of May. I don't know anyone over there, but I'm hoping to go with any Dave fans I meet.

What are you studying there?

Hope you can get a ticket. If you've got the cash and are really desperate, you might check ebay. Good luck.

If you get a ticket, you're welcome to join the other ants who hope to be at the front of the line for rushing the GA when doors open.

steviegee23 05-03-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handsareme (Post 9348442)
What are you studying there?

Hope you can get a ticket. If you've got the cash and are really desperate, you might check ebay. Good luck.

If you get a ticket, you're welcome to join the other ants who hope to be at the front of the line for rushing the GA when doors open.

Chemical Engineering. Yes, I plan on getting a ticket. I've heard Switzerland is beautiful, and this festival can be my excuse to travel there.

handsareme 05-04-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviegee23 (Post 9351463)
Chemical Engineering. Yes, I plan on getting a ticket. I've heard Switzerland is beautiful, and this festival can be my excuse to travel there.

Which Freiburg are you studying in? German or Swiss?

Switzerland is damn beautiful. It's a big difference from the Kansas I'm used to.

steviegee23 05-04-2009 02:40 PM

Freiburg, Germany. I hope I meet someone there to go with. I also have two tickets to the Paris show, but I don't know anyone yet haha. Hopefully there are some DMB fans there.

Direks 05-04-2009 05:27 PM

Hmm, seems to be sold out...

steviegee23 05-04-2009 07:05 PM

Yes, but tickets will likely be available when the show gets closer. That's usually the trend.

handsareme 05-05-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviegee23 (Post 9358875)
Freiburg, Germany. I hope I meet someone there to go with. I also have two tickets to the Paris show, but I don't know anyone yet haha. Hopefully there are some DMB fans there.

...you shouldn't have said that.

steviegee23 05-05-2009 02:55 PM

Why haha?

steviegee23 05-20-2009 10:10 AM

This thread has died haha.