Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Walking Dead (New AMC Program) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=284658)

DJGeneral 07-07-2010 08:41 AM

The Walking Dead (New AMC Program)

Didn't see a thread on this yet, sounds pretty sweet. The full article is pretty long, so I put it in a spoiler and just included some important notes in this post.

AMC has made some pretty impressive headway in the television world in recent years, going from primarily broadcasting old movies to competing with the cutting edge of dramatic television on channels like HBO, Showtime and FX. And while "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" broke ground in terms of language and sex, their next series The Walking Dead promises to bring the gore in a big, big way. And from what we saw during our recent visit to the Atlanta set, this may well be the bloodiest show ever seen on television.

THE WALKING DEAD’s director, Frank Darabont, may be best known for dramatic work like SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, but he’s a horror geek from way back who has long-since dreamed of getting his hands on some zombies. A lifelong Romero fan, Darabont promises that the series will hold little back in comparison to a horror feature. "We can’t say fuck," says Darabont with a laugh. "I don’t know that if I were doing a feature I’d be doing anything differently. You can’t say fuck but you can shoot a zombie in the head at point blank range. I love this business."

For anyone still feeling skeptical about the level of gore AMC will permit on TV, Kirkman admits even he’s been shocked. "The stuff that AMC is going to put on air is crazy," he says. "They keep showing me things and I’m like, you’re not doing that."

After a single day on set, we are sufficiently impressed with what we’ve seen, if even a little shocked. Sure, we’re a little skeptical as to whether all the gooey gory goodness we saw on set will actually make it to air, but Darabont, producer Gale Ann Hurd and the rest of the team we spoke to on set insisted that what you see is what you get. They intend to push the envelope to the limit. And hey, we’d love to see them get away with it.

We’ll have more from the set of THE WALKING DEAD coming soon. The series will premiere on AMC as part of their Fearfest this October.

Full article:

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

ExistenceNow 07-07-2010 10:21 AM

Re: The Walking Dead (New AMC Program)

Frank fucking Darabont is directing this series? Count. Me. In. Especially after that Romero comment.

AMC might have made me skeptical, but not after watching Breaking Bad. I will definitely be checking this out. Thanks for the post.

RhodyDMBFan 07-07-2010 01:25 PM

I'm very excited for this. Where is that article from?

DJGeneral 08-24-2010 12:01 PM

The 4 minute preview trailer is out now. Looks awesome!!

AMC has released the four-plus minute long "Walking Dead" teaser that had thousands of fans talking during this summer's Comic-Con International in San Diego. Additionally, a debut time and date of October 31 at 10/9c has been announced, along with word that the first episode has been expanded to 90 minutes.

The Frank Darabont produced and directed pilot based on the Image Comics series by creator Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard kicks off a 6-episode run on the cable network with the hope that further seasons will be in the offing.

cwsrule88 08-24-2010 12:59 PM

wow this looks sweet i will be checking this out.

DoOrDoNotNoTry 08-24-2010 01:09 PM

You would come in here an post a press release.

And while I am looking forward to the show, the whole zombie/vampire fad is really getting overdone.

DJGeneral 08-24-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoOrDoNotNoTry (Post 11670225)

uhhhhh......point of your post?

LadyMadonna68 08-24-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoOrDoNotNoTry (Post 11670225)

And while I am looking forward to the show, the whole zombie/vampire fad is really getting overdone.

This is the last time you will ever, EVER, lump zombies and vampires into the same category and get away with it.

smokew11 08-24-2010 02:20 PM

this looks pretty good

smokew11 08-24-2010 02:30 PM

id really like a documentary style WW Z tv show

RhodyDMBFan 08-26-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokew11 (Post 11670704)
id really like a documentary style WW Z tv show

They're making a movie of WWZ.

Rodey 09-09-2010 06:41 PM

My brother just told me about this show, definitely sounds like it will be sweet.

I love anything dealing with zombie apocalypses.

smokew11 09-09-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodyDMBFan (Post 11678039)
They're making a movie of WWZ.

is this definite? last yr Brad Pitt and Leo's companies had a bidding war on it, but i dont know if anything came to fruition. WWZ has had an imdb page for a while now

edit: and a movie would never work...a miniseries on HBO or FX would be best imo...shoot it documentary style

hbktonyb 09-09-2010 06:53 PM

I'll try it, especially because AMC picked it up...So far I cannot get into Rubicon at all.

MPizzle06 09-09-2010 08:34 PM

Looks like another sweet AMC show :thumbsup

And I am enjoying Rubicon now that it's picking up a bit. Definitely slow goings there for a few weeks.

smokew11 09-09-2010 08:35 PM

whats rubicon about?

DJGeneral 09-27-2010 08:45 AM

can't wait for this

ExistenceNow 10-17-2010 08:09 PM

Insanely stoked for this show.

DJGeneral 10-17-2010 08:14 PM

I saw 12 previews for this tonight lol

but yeah, pretty excited.

smokew11 10-17-2010 08:16 PM

really looking forward to it

Clem Haskins 10-17-2010 08:22 PM

Hey guys I made a new thread about this. I swear it's better.

Edit: Marijuana

DJGeneral 10-30-2010 09:56 AM

Don't forget this is on tomorrow. 90 minute premiere at 10 PM EST. Can't wait to see it!

smokew11 10-30-2010 10:23 AM

just watched the trailer again, this looks great

urlittlebrother 10-30-2010 12:02 PM

I can't wait for this tomorrow night... looks awesome.

DoDaFoo 10-30-2010 12:52 PM

I'm a huge fan of the comic book, so I cant wait to see this series. It should be pretty awesome.

smokew11 10-30-2010 01:06 PM

i had no idea it was a comic book

Styx Cover Band 10-30-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeneral (Post 11945461)
Don't forget this is on tomorrow. 90 minute premiere at 10 PM EST. Can't wait to see it!

Awesome, can't wait

MPizzle06 10-30-2010 10:22 PM

Definitely excited for the premiere tomorrow night :thumbsup

smokew11 10-31-2010 09:41 AM

so much to watch tonight..Game 4, Boardwalk, Walking Dead...great day for tv!

Arby 10-31-2010 09:45 AM

Almost forgot about this. Looking forward to it tonight