Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   *** Official Denver, CO 2021 (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354246)

#41#36#40 10-19-2021 02:51 AM

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 18060690)
exactly, and its not like it would have been that difficult to make something decent. even keeping half those songs could have had a second half like this, which i think is more than reasonable to satisfy those of us who are looking for older/rare songs and those who want the newer/more popular songs, while not expecting anything crazy from the band either.

Time of the Season
Drive In Drive Out
The Best of Whats Around
You & Me
Hello Again
Everyday
Sledgehammer
Stay
Corn Bread
Don't Drink The Water
Ants Marching

After seeing one of the absolute best DMB shows Iíve been to in 20 years.. I knew we were in for it to pay for our sins on N2Ö I honestly went into the shoe thinking they could play whatever they want and Iíll be ok tonightÖ Hell they could play you and everyday ddtw cornbread sledgehammer and Iíll be ok.. but really I wasnít ok.. it was the worst..

southbenddmb 10-19-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #41#36#40 (Post 18064274)
After seeing one of the absolute best DMB shows Iíve been to in 20 years.. I knew we were in for it to pay for our sins on N2Ö I honestly went into the shoe thinking they could play whatever they want and Iíll be ok tonightÖ Hell they could play you and everyday ddtw cornbread sledgehammer and Iíll be ok.. but really I wasnít ok.. it was the worst..

#40, Two Step, and Halloween didn't do it for ya? Not to mention Pig, Rye Whiskey, and LIOG...

jmkratt 10-20-2021 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #41#36#40 (Post 18064274)

:lol

JFC

Pilgrim 10-21-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southbenddmb (Post 18064313)
#40, Two Step, and Halloween didn't do it for ya? Not to mention Pig, Rye Whiskey, and LIOG...

as i've said a few times in this thread and others - the issue with N2 went beyond the setlist, which had an abysmal middle stretch in and of itself. it was the playing/performance.

and do people really love or "chase" rye whiskey?

jmkratt 10-21-2021 02:54 PM

Rye Whiskey is awesome

Speilmen230 10-21-2021 03:34 PM

I have seen Rye Whiskey three times. I'm good.

ExistenceNow 10-21-2021 05:12 PM

Rye Whiskey is just a really uninteresting cover. So instead of having three cover songs in a set, if you want to toss in a slow quiet song mid-set, how about Pay for What You Get? or Cry Freedom? or Baby Blue? or Christmas Song? or Let You Down?

Honestly, and I'll probably get dragged for this, I'd rather hear Out of My Hands than Rye Whiskey.

Speilmen230 10-21-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18065894)
Rye Whiskey is just a really uninteresting cover. So instead of having three cover songs in a set, if you want to toss in a slow quiet song mid-set, how about Pay for What You Get? or Cry Freedom? or Baby Blue? or Christmas Song? or Let You Down?

Honestly, and I'll probably get dragged for this, I'd rather hear Out of My Hands than Rye Whiskey.

Why play one of your own songs when you can cover a Pete Seeger song that almost no one knows? :rolleyes

spoot388 10-21-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18065894)

or, as we've seen from the gorge, dave has the ability to play tons of his own songs that the band normally plays. if he needed to add a solo song so someone could take a leak, how about ants, BOWA, or YNK, like from the gorge, or any of the dozens of other songs he could play on his own?

and idk about OOMH over rye whiskey. i think i'd rather just not hear either of them. dave could just tell a story for 5 minutes like he does during D+T shows if the band needs a breather for whatever reason.

jmkratt 10-22-2021 02:30 AM

Would definitely prefer Rye Whiskey over OOMH, that song has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.