Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:07 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13383192)
Welp, 3 hours 'til deadline... let's hope we get a last-minute flurry going. How hilarious would it be if Kostitsyn's was the only deal of the day?

Oh, it'd just be hilarious Matt. HILARIOUS.

dduncan6er 02-27-2012 01:10 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Clitsome claimed by Winnipeg. Bruins beat reporter says the Bruins are very interested in Oduya.

fonzz41 02-27-2012 01:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13383208)
Oh, it'd just be hilarious Matt. HILARIOUS.

:lol:lol:lol

That, and the Hawks picking up John Erskine. ;)

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:18 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13383218)
Clitsome claimed by Winnipeg. Bruins beat reporter says the Bruins are very interested in Oduya.

He's going to either Boston or Chicago in the next couple hours. I say that with about 99% certainty.

https://twitter.com/#!/CraigCustance...80647605239808

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:22 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I fully expect the flood gates to open up here in the next...oh...45 minutes.

fonzz41 02-27-2012 01:27 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13383262)
I fully expect the flood gates to open up here in the next...oh...45 minutes.

(on knees praying to hockey gods)

kev87lads 02-27-2012 01:27 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
^ This. Geeesh.

Edit: Boooorrrreeedddd

dduncan6er 02-27-2012 01:28 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Teams have to start lowering their demands soon or nothing is going to happen.

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:37 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Bob McKenzie said he thinks Derek Roy will be the big name to be moved.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:40 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Lots of Roy to Hawks chatter...OH MY GOD

dmbetc 02-27-2012 01:41 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Chris soiled himself.

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:41 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Detroit trades Mike Commodore to the Lightning for..................

dduncan6er 02-27-2012 01:42 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Let's just hope if the hawks get Roy they don't send Toews to pick him up from the airport.

fonzz41 02-27-2012 01:42 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13383337)
Detroit trades Mike Commodore to the Lightning for..................

He might even dress a few games w/ TB.

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:43 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13383341)
Let's just hope if the hawks get Roy they don't send Toews to pick him up from the airport.

LOL Toews and Kane to greet him...whole team dies.

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:44 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
.....for a 7th round pick. Hm.

fonzz41 02-27-2012 01:48 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13383350)
.....for a 7th round pick. Hm.

ouch. Can't wait to see his tweets now.

EDIT: With the reputation of the Wings' scouting organization, that pick will probably turn into their next superstar.

Brohan_Santana 02-27-2012 01:53 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
There supposedly has been a deal on the table between the Caps and Sabres for Roy for a couple of days now. Makes sense why they moved Backstrom to LTIR

TMoore4075 02-27-2012 01:54 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Of course Commie gets moved as I'm walking to lunch. Two ideas of why...1 is Wings freeing up spot for a move that's coming or some have said with Quincey now there they'd rather have Brendan Smith be the #8 guy and get him some playing time. My guess is the latter.

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:55 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Minnesota Wild trade Nick Schultz to the Edmonton Oilers for Tom Gilbert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

lockman21 02-27-2012 01:58 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 13383386)
There supposedly has been a deal on the table between the Caps and Sabres for Roy for a couple of days now. Makes sense why they moved Backstrom to LTIR

Just, no. Stop.

TMoore4075 02-27-2012 02:02 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Rumors Brad Stuart might have been shipped to the Rangers. That's crazy if true and look out for what it could be adding up to for the Wings.

Brohan_Santana 02-27-2012 02:02 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Sorry, there has been a deal on the table from the Sabres to the Caps for a couple of days now. I just assumed Roy since Backs went onto LTIR today.

Caps do have a bunch of early draft picks to spare (2 1st rounders and 2 2nd's i believe)

DmBand801 02-27-2012 02:05 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13383396)
Of course Commie gets moved as I'm walking to lunch. Two ideas of why...1 is Wings freeing up spot for a move that's coming or some have said with Quincey now there they'd rather have Brendan Smith be the #8 guy and get him some playing time. My guess is the latter.

Holland just said on TSN that they feel Smith is NHL ready, so good call :thumbsup

lockman21 02-27-2012 02:06 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 13383430)
Sorry, there has been a deal on the table from the Sabres to the Caps for a couple of days now. I just assumed Roy since Backs went onto LTIR today.

Caps do have a bunch of early draft picks to spare (2 1st rounders and 2 2nd's i believe)

That's not happening.

TMoore4075 02-27-2012 02:29 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Wow this is boring. Each year it's become slower and slower.

fonzz41 02-27-2012 02:31 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13383524)
Wow this is boring. Each year it's become slower and slower.

The post-lockout, multi-year contracts have played a part in that, me thinks.

Also, talks still revolving around Oduya. I think he might be an ok fit on the Hawks blueline. Still doesn't address their offensive issues though. David Jones of the Avs is being mentioned in certain circles, but he's not a pivot, which the Hawks need.

TMoore4075 02-27-2012 02:34 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13383535)
The post-lockout, multi-year contracts have played a part in that, me thinks.

Also, talks still revolving around Oduya. I think he might be an ok fit on the Hawks blueline. Still doesn't address their offensive issues though. David Jones of the Avs is being mentioned in certain circles, but he's not a pivot, which the Hawks need.

That and the 3 point game. It's kept teams bunched togehter and so keeps teams in the playoff race who in the past wouldn't have been so they aren't selling.

fonzz41 02-27-2012 02:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
^ True. I'll also throw in the parity the league is experiencing. Teams are less likely to sell off assets if they have a chance at the playoffs.

dduncan6er 02-27-2012 02:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Am I the only one that can't understand why Carolina tried to extend every player that had trade value instead of trading them for assets and draft picks? Seems odd for a last place team to try to re-sign all their players like that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.