Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 03-28-2017 08:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)

Damn Barbs, what the hell happened there? You guys were up 4-2 with 5 minutes left and let Minnesota tie it up with 30 seconds left. Glad you won in OT but I am not sure how the hell they blew that one - probably by sitting back with their 1 or 2 goal lead not wanting to take many chances on offense and playing a lot of defense. Ugh, damn the Wild picking up another lucky point.

Brohan_Santana 03-28-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16753895)
Damn Barbs, what the hell happened there? You guys were up 4-2 with 5 minutes left and let Minnesota tie it up with 30 seconds left. Glad you won in OT but I am not sure how the hell they blew that one - probably by sitting back with their 1 or 2 goal lead not wanting to take many chances on offense and playing a lot of defense. Ugh, damn the Wild picking up another lucky point.

The 3rd goal was a bouncing puck luck goal. And the Caps made a clearing attempt, Koivu made a sick stop to keep puck in and then wide open look for the 4th

Not really the Caps melting as much as the Wild were firing on all cylinders and everything went right. Caps certainly weren't laying back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr.MikeD 03-28-2017 08:34 PM

Playoffs! This city is going to be nuts as long as the oilers are still playing hockey

coldengrey12 03-28-2017 09:36 PM

Much respect to the Wings. That's a helluva streak.

Brohan_Santana 03-28-2017 10:42 PM

Congrats to Connor, Dr. Dre and the Oilers on making the playoffs for first time in over 10 years. Hard to see Connor not winning Hart at this point

dmbetc 03-28-2017 10:55 PM

Red Wings out of the playoffs and Oilers in. What a season boys.

dmbetc 03-28-2017 10:55 PM

Also, Let's Go Rangers!!

barbogast 03-29-2017 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16753895)

I didn't watch the game but I'd have to assume that there was this whole "two good teams at hockey" thing happening and while one team got a lead the other team was able to come back. It happens with regularity in sports.

swordo84 03-29-2017 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16753915)
Playoffs! This city is going to be nuts as long as the oilers are still playing hockey

Playoffs?!?! We're talking about PLAYOFFS?!?!

...we ARE talking about playoffs! :bounce:bounce

barbogast 03-29-2017 04:59 AM

Congrats Oilers dudes. I am genuinely happy for you guys.

aeroshady 03-29-2017 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16753954)
Also, Let's Go Rangers!!

:thumbsup Welcome back Sarah! :lol

JRS1386 03-29-2017 05:33 AM

Flyers win a shootout game, too bad they are doing too little too late. But still, 6 points isn't impossible. Come on Bruins, suck it up

~Crashintome89~ 03-29-2017 06:10 AM

I think the Flyers magic number for elimination is six points. So pretty much they have to win every game in regulation and the Bruins have to not win two games the rest of the season.

barbogast 03-29-2017 07:10 AM

Wow just got a look at the offsides controversy in last night's game. Obviously the Caps won anyway so whatever but it sure does look like after they used review, they got a call wrong again. That seems to happen with too much frequency considering were holding the game up on an almost nightly basis to review this stuff.

The Caps' stars are all hot right now so hopefully that's a good sign with the playoffs coming.

aeroshady 03-29-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16754139)
Wow just got a look at the offsides controversy in last night's game. Obviously the Caps won anyway so whatever but it sure does look like after they used review, they got a call wrong again. That seems to happen with too much frequency considering were holding the game up on an almost nightly basis to review this stuff.

The Caps' stars are all hot right now so hopefully that's a good sign with the playoffs coming.

I have almost felt like the Rangers play in a different division that the Caps right now. For almost 2 months I have paid more attention to the teams in the Atlantic because I knew that is where we were headed :lol

Been kind of weird to basically be in a different division. At least we are the best team in that division! It is almost like we declined home-ice for the playoffs because the Rangers home record is awful!

barbogast 03-29-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16754147)
I have almost felt like the Rangers play in a different division that the Caps right now. For almost 2 months I have paid more attention to the teams in the Atlantic because I knew that is where we were headed :lol

Been kind of weird to basically be in a different division. At least we are the best team in that division! It is almost like we declined home-ice for the playoffs because the Rangers home record is awful!

Yeah it feels like Montreal/Rangers has been set for a long time now. That means if we meet again this year it'll be in round 3 so let's hope for that for both our sake.

fonzz41 03-29-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Is Shattenkirk on about a point-per-game pace right now? Seems like he's racking up the assists like mad since joining the team.

TheLastPig 03-29-2017 08:19 AM

Congrats, Oilers!!

Brohan_Santana 03-29-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16754147)

Certainly not a bad thing. If they can get past the Habs in the first, Rangers have a very high chance of making it to the ECF

Brohan_Santana 03-29-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16754218)
Is Shattenkirk on about a point-per-game pace right now? Seems like he's racking up the assists like mad since joining the team.

He's slightly over I believe. He's quietly making things happen on the back end. I was going over the numbers a little bit, and the Caps can def keep Oshie & Shattenkirk. But Alzner and Williams would have to walk

barbogast 03-29-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16754218)

He's had 9 assists in 12 game with the Caps which a higher than his pace with the Blues but not much, and he also hasn't scored a goal yet. He has not been a minus player for the Caps though which he was for St Louis.

In short, Shattenkirk has been good but I haven't seen a hugely significant upgrade from someone like Carlson yet. Granted I really haven't watched all that closely this season.

Oshie and Ovie have been so hot lately though it would be hard to be on the same PP unit as those guys and not get a bunch of assists. Hence why Backstrom has 10 assists in his last 5 games. Again that's not to say Sharts isn't good just that he's playing on the top unit of a really good powerplay that's hotter than usual right now.

Lcsulla 03-29-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16753974)
I didn't watch the game but I'd have to assume that there was this whole "two good teams at hockey" thing happening and while one team got a lead the other team was able to come back. It happens with regularity in sports.

You are just to much fun to goof with man, your reactions are great. You did miss a damn good, if a tad dirty and controversial game.

Quote:

Yeah, I have seen that a lot too. Within say the past two weeks I have seen one goal the Hawks score be counted when I was sure it would be overturned for offsides and also saw one against the Hawks where the Wild guy was about 6 feet offsides and the goal stood. There is so much leeway in how they interpret control of the puck and whether a guy has actually tagged up or not plus even a lot of the video reviews are almost impossible to see when the puck actually touches the stick (black tape/black puck) on a tag up play.

Congrats to the Oilers and their fans!

Sorry that the Wings amazing streak is over.

hailtopitt 03-29-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16754294)
He's slightly over I believe.

lol still easy for you to just make things up i see

he's not slightly over, he's significantly under

0.75 pts/gm since joining Washington...took less than 30 seconds to get the correct number

Lcsulla 03-29-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16754392)

0.75 pts/gm since joining Washington...took less than 30 seconds to get the correct number

Not sure and I do not feel like doing the math but it appears he is at or above the same production level.

He had 42 points (11 goals, 31 assists with a -11 +/-) with St. Louis in 61 games.

In 12 games with the Caps he has 9 points (0 goals, 9 assists and a plus 2) while averaging VERY slightly less ice time. As for the lack of goals, I would not worry about that one, Caps have so many weapons he doesn't need to bomb from the point like he did in STL where the team wasn't as solid offensively as WASH.

Should be a fun game tonight H2P - both our teams are limping into this one! :lol

Lcsulla 03-29-2017 10:19 AM

If it wasn't for Laine and Matthews I think Murray would have the inside track to winning the Calder.

Brohan_Santana 03-29-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16754392)

I was counting in the 1 goal & 4 assists that he'll have tonight from the 11 goals the Caps will inevitably put up against the Avs tonight :thumbs:thumbsup

And do you really think .75 is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than 1 in such a small sample size???

Brohan_Santana 03-29-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16754418)
If it wasn't for Laine and Matthews I think Murray would have the inside track to winning the Calder.

This would be tough to say. You can't discredit what Nylander and Marner have done so far this year. (Excuse me for not being precise on their stats ATM, I know some might get butt hurt if I just throw number out there). They both are sort of products of the system that the Leafs are running, but you still can't discredit there production.

Also don't forget Aho and Werenski. Both those guys have had stellar rookie seasons as well. Probably not top 5 for Calder but their contributions have certainly helped their respective clubs.

This rookie class is very deep and very talented. Forgot to mention Tkachuk as well, he's having a solid year himself.

Matthews
Laine
Murray
Werenski
Marner
Nylander
Aho

thats how i see the calder shaking out

Brohan_Santana 03-29-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16754411)

Should be a fun game tonight H2P - both our teams are limping into this one! :lol

What's the O/U on how many injuries the Penns have tonight???

TheLastPig 03-29-2017 10:36 AM

Is Sheary still eligible for Calder?

He deserves to at least be mentioned.

59 GP, 21 G, 29 A, 50 Pts

Brohan_Santana 03-29-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16754435)
Is Sheary still eligible for Calder?

He deserves to at least be mentioned.

59 GP, 21 G, 29 A, 50 Pts

Pretty sure he was over 25 in the previous season