Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 12:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

yea, most fans think the penalty fit the crime. i get that i'm in the minority

i think most hockey fans are blinded though, because thats not logical at all

i've watched the play dozens of times. i don't need to watch it again

how is it a hockey play? what is going to do with that motion other than break a stick or injure someone? please, i'd love to know from all you hockey "pros"

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 15912420)
who cares if he meant to break his wrist or not? I think he meant to slash the stick hard enough to break it, but he did hit the wrist and stone's out for the series. game misconduct was definitely justified. Subban is a repeat offender and should get more than just a slap on the wrist.

pun intended?

pathetic 04-16-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15912429)
pun intended?

yes, always.

fonzz41 04-16-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15912428)
how is it a hockey play? what is going to do with that motion other than break a stick or injure someone? please, i'd love to know from all you hockey "pros"

My post got lost at the end of the last page, so there's my opinion. Not that I'm a "pro."

Not a hockey play at all.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15912427)
right.
im not saying it was ok, i just don't think it warrants being suspended from a playoff game especially since he already missed most of one.
he definitley takes a bigger swing than most slashes but i wonder if he was actually trying to hit him in the wrist, stone kind of skates into it. if he just knocks the stick out of his hands it's 2 minutes.

im not sure why the fact that its the playoffs matters? an equally violent act in the regular season warrants a suspension, but not in the playoffs?!? you dont see how that is flawed logic?

hahahahahahahaha now its stone's fault for skating around him?!?!!?!

i'm out of this convo, i'm not going to get a point across with POV's like these

barbogast 04-16-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

It's not a hockey play. No one is saying it is. It was cheap. There's no denying that. But it's just simply not that over the top that a suspension is warranted. He was penalized, in fact he received the biggest penalty one can receive without being suspended. I say that's fair. No issue here.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15912432)
My post got lost at the end of the last page, so there's my opinion. Not that I'm a "pro."

Not a hockey play at all.

exactly my point

not a hockey play. intent to injure. suspendable offense

but i'm new school and like safety and scoring so fuck me

lockman21 04-16-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15912386)
Suspend Subban for entire series or as long as Stone is out. Whichever one comes first.

Can't do this.

TMoore4075 04-16-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15912424)
Finally got around to watching the Subban slash, which seems to be the hot topic today. :lol

Matty's ruling (FWIW): 5-minute major. No game misconduct, no suspension. Still very reckless and dangerous though. What makes it a major instead of a minor, IMHO is a) being away from the play, and b) Subban choking up on his stick like that before swinging. No place for it. Sit him down for five.

My favorite part of the whole thing is Subban jumping up and down like a little bitch right after the whistle blew.

I go back to that apparently when a guy gets hurt, it's an automatic 5 and a game.
Quote:

I go back to, there is no reason for it. How did it help play defense? Puck not here him and puck at the time wasn't going near him. I'm for a one game suspension because I don't want that shit. Obviously a different player, but I watched Lidstrom play for 20 years and he didn't do that shit.

I don't like the injury = games thing so I wouldn't want that to play into it, but now you do have one of the hottest scorers shelved and PK gets to play tomorrow.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15912436)
It's not a hockey play. No one is saying it is. It was cheap. There's no denying that. But it's just simply not that over the top that a suspension is warranted. He was penalized, in fact he received the biggest penalty one can receive without being suspended. I say that's fair. No issue here.

so anything that is suspension worthy has to be over the top? a 2 handed slash hard enough to break bones isn't over the top? cool cool

#GarageLeague

lockman21 04-16-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15912424)
Finally got around to watching the Subban slash, which seems to be the hot topic today. :lol

Matty's ruling (FWIW): 5-minute major. No game misconduct, no suspension. Still very reckless and dangerous though. What makes it a major instead of a minor, IMHO is a) being away from the play, and b) Subban choking up on his stick like that before swinging. No place for it. Sit him down for five.

My favorite part of the whole thing is Subban jumping up and down like a little bitch right after the whistle blew.

Agree 100%

People love to just sit here as armchair commissioners and want the NHL to suspend everyone "until players learn their lesson", and don't understand that's not how it works.

lockman21 04-16-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15912441)
#GarageLeague

Stop watching then, all you do is complain about the NHL. No one is forcing you to take in their product.

jrkarger 04-16-2015 12:35 PM

Guys are getting slashed away from the play with enough force to break their wrists... ALL THE TIME? I must have missed all of those injuries on SC. Com'on.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2015 12:36 PM

im not saying it's stone's fault, obviously it's not. you are melting now and not able to have a conversation.
enjoy your game tonight.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15912445)
Stop watching then, all you do is complain about the NHL. No one is forcing you to take in their product.

seriously this.

barbogast 04-16-2015 12:38 PM

Just because the Penguins are soft doesn't mean everyone else has to be

pathetic 04-16-2015 12:38 PM

:lol:lol

lockman21 04-16-2015 12:40 PM

Or better yet, try to get a job with their front office, bring all these genius suggestions you have to fix the league. I'm sure they'll love you for how much smarter you are than they are.

Bron Yr Aur 04-16-2015 12:40 PM

There is precedence for a playoff suspension due to a slash (Duncan Keith in 2013 got a game) but that was a slash to the face if I remember correctly. That one was probably worse though.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 12:42 PM

becca, lock and barbo simul-melt

i've died and gone to heaven

i'm allowed to love a team and a league and yet still criticize them. that's what i thought anyway

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15912457)
There is precedence for a playoff suspension due to a slash (Duncan Keith in 2013 got a game) but that was a slash to the face if I remember correctly. That one was probably worse though.

like i said, if it's above the shoulders it's a different story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15912455)
Or better yet, try to get a job with their front office, bring all these genius suggestions you have to fix the league. I'm sure they'll love you for how much smarter you are than they are.

:lol

the worst part is that he's just fighting this battle because he thinks crosby gets abused. he mentioned that in a post a ways back when he started this whole garage league campaign.

lockman21 04-16-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15912457)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49YHRW0ve0k

This one? Yeah.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15912459)

i'm allowed to love a team and a league and yet still criticize them. that's what i thought anyway

we can disagree on the suspension all day but im pretty calm here, your posts are definitley the only posts with anything melting. in fact you've annouced your departure from this thread twice and then stormed back in.

#GarageMelt

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 12:43 PM

becca is the only person to mention crosby in this argument btw

sorry that i like offensive attacking instead of violent attacking

lockman21 04-16-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15912459)

You love the NHL? Never woulda guessed. #garageleague #hashtagsdontworkonmessageboards

TMoore4075 04-16-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15912455)

They won't listen because they know they get it right 100% of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJB42HY_J0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVPuIvuP6O8

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15912463)
becca is the only person to mention crosby in this argument btw

sorry that i like offensive attacking instead of violent attacking

have you tried watching bowling? it's literally 100% offense and sometimes you can score 300 points!

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15912445)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15912464)
You love the NHL? Never woulda guessed. #garageleague #hashtagsdontworkonmessageboards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15912466)
have you tried watching bowling? it's literally 100% offense and sometimes you can score 300 points!

:lol yes yes!! more more

http://gifstumblr.com/images/ice-cre...elting_970.gif

lockman21 04-16-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15912468)

It's just fun to hate on the new Brohan/Bron.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 12:47 PM

Stone was one of the best stories of the 2nd half of the season and now he's out because he got attacked on the ice

i happen to find that disturbing