Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Bron Yr Aur 04-13-2015 02:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15907129)
:lol:lol:lol:lol Of course.

Why is this so crazy. Just because I cheer for the Blackhawks doesn't mean I have to be a bonehead fan who believes his favorite team won't lose.

To me the Preds are similar to the Kings in that they have a ton of depth at center, an extremely strong core of defensemen, and a puck possession style of play that is well suited to the playoffs.

Blackhawks most definitely have the edge in the forward department, but you definitely have to wonder if Kane will be 100%, how the lines will come together with him back in the lineup, and the defensive pairings have some serious questions.

fonzz41 04-13-2015 02:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
The Preds/Hawks series was one of my tougher ones to come up with a prediction for. Leaning towards Hawks because of the experience. Love the Preds (including my current fave NHL-er, Weber), but I think the Hawks will take 'em.

kev87lads 04-13-2015 02:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Wassup peeps! In case you didn't see in the bracket challenge and to have it here for historical purposes. Here are THE correct picks for round 1:

Blues in 6
Hawks in 7
Ducks in 6
Canucks in 7

Canadiens in 7
Lightning in 6
Rangers in 5
Isles in 7

TMoore4075 04-13-2015 03:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15907241)
Why is this so crazy. Just because I cheer for the Blackhawks doesn't mean I have to be a bonehead fan who believes his favorite team won't lose.

To me the Preds are similar to the Kings in that they have a ton of depth at center, an extremely strong core of defensemen, and a puck possession style of play that is well suited to the playoffs.

Blackhawks most definitely have the edge in the forward department, but you definitely have to wonder if Kane will be 100%, how the lines will come together with him back in the lineup, and the defensive pairings have some serious questions.

The Preds have stunk down the stretch and the Hawks have the experience and maybe Kane back. Preds could win, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Bron Yr Aur 04-13-2015 03:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15907284)
The Preds have stunk down the stretch and the Hawks have the experience and maybe Kane back. Preds could win, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Experience is a bit overrated. Hawks have lost 4 in a row coming into the playoffs. How they have played down the stretch means next to nothing.

TMoore4075 04-13-2015 03:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
So posted the Mrazek thing while working and wanted to put down thoughts. I'm not totally surprised, but a little. It's a big responsibility in game 1 when you've never done it before. Really thought Babcock would have said "It's your's Howie, not take it." but he had a few chances the last few games and couldn't do it so... Howard left and didn't talk to the media, I don't like that at all. I'm sure it sucks but part of your job is to talk to the media. Babcock's job is to win and you've given up softies Jimmy. Own it and be there for your teammate. This shouldn't be, but could end up being a Luongo thing. At least Howard's contract isn't that bad.

bonzo48280 04-13-2015 03:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Experience is overrated guys

TMoore4075 04-13-2015 03:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I disagree. Ask the 2010 Hawks if the experience of getting their asses kicked in 2009 by the Wings was beneficial or not. Red Wings benefited from 2007, Pens from 2008, Hawks from 2009 and I'm sure there are others.

bonzo48280 04-13-2015 04:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15907302)
Experience is a bit overrated. Hawks have lost 4 in a row coming into the playoffs. How they have played down the stretch means next to nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15907354)
Experience is overrated guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15907374)
I disagree. Ask the 2010 Hawks if the experience of getting their asses kicked in 2009 by the Wings was beneficial or not. Red Wings benefited from 2007, Pens from 2008, Hawks from 2009 and I'm sure there are others.

I was making fun of Bron. Experience is the opposite of overrated.

If the Hawks win the Stanley Cup in the woods, and only Bron is watching, did anybody cheer?

lockman21 04-13-2015 05:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15907241)
Why is this so crazy.

Because you WOULD be the only guy to pick against his team.

lockman21 04-13-2015 05:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15907354)
Experience is overrated guys

And momentum is a lie.

Dramageek 04-13-2015 05:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15907547)
Because you WOULD be the only guy to pick against his team.

Not that I agree with much, if anything, that Bron says, but the Pens fans seem to be picking the Rags across the board, because realism.

East:
Sens in 6
Tampa Bay in 6
Rags in 4
Isles in 7

West:
Blues in 6
Hawks in 6
Ducks in 5
Flames in 7

TMoore4075 04-13-2015 05:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15907572)
Not that I agree with much, if anything, that Bron says, but the Pens fans seem to be picking the Rags across the board, because realism.

And I'm picking against the Wings because they have struggled a lot, especially against the good teams. And by everyone's guesses, they are picking TBL too. Wings COULD do it, if they get back to playing the way they did around the trade deadline, but it's hard to just flip that switch.

Dramageek 04-13-2015 05:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15907582)
And I'm picking against the Wings because they have struggled a lot, especially against the good teams. And by everyone's guesses, they are picking TBL too. Wings COULD do it, if they get back to playing the way they did around the trade deadline, but it's hard to just flip that switch.

:thumbsup If Crosby and Malkin play up to their capabilities, Kris Letang gets un-concussed, and the supporting cast stops sucking, then the Pens have a shot. Being the hopeful optimist, I'm hoping this happens. I just don't think it actually will.

Bron Yr Aur 04-13-2015 05:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15907374)
I disagree. Ask the 2010 Hawks if the experience of getting their asses kicked in 2009 by the Wings was beneficial or not. Red Wings benefited from 2007, Pens from 2008, Hawks from 2009 and I'm sure there are others.

The other side of the coin is that the Hawks had no playoff experience and still made the conference finals in 08-09.

bonzo48280 04-13-2015 06:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15907606)
The other side of the coin is that the Hawks had no playoff experience and still made the conference finals in 08-09.

you mean sheer talent can mask lack of experience? maybe experience can make up for lack of talent? maybe it's all B.S.

and they got absolutely HOUSED by a much more EXPERIENCED Detroit team.

aeroshady 04-13-2015 06:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
My picks:

West:

1. Ducks-4
W. Jets-1

2. Canucks-4
3. Flames-3

1. Blues-2
W. Wild-4

2. Preds-3
3. Hawks-4


EAST:

1. Rangers-4
W. Penguins-1

2. Caps-4
3. Icelanders-2

1. Habs-4
W. Sens-3

2. Lightning-4
3. Red Wings-0

Best part of the playoffs is that I have no idea. Only picked the 4-0 because I think Tampa are a serous threat to get out of the east. They are the only team in the East that worries me on paper.

salrx95 04-13-2015 08:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15906816)
Eh I went Caps in 6. Against my better judgement. Obviously have them out to the Rangers in round 2.

If I was a betting man, I would say Caps in 6 is the most likely scenario. Caps are playing real well right now and we are banged up and not playing all that well. Hamonic not at the rink today and I am assuming he may not go Wednesday and will be limited if he does. I just don't like our chances. Of course, anything can happen and we are quite capable of winning the series.

~Crashintome89~ 04-13-2015 09:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Shame on you guys for picking the Caps.

Ovechkin will never win a Stanley Cup.

Go Isles.

barbogast 04-13-2015 10:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Nobody cares, Crash

JRS1386 04-13-2015 10:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Man speaks truths. Isles in 2

barbogast 04-13-2015 10:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Flyers in....oh wait....

salrx95 04-13-2015 11:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Rumors going around tonight Hamonic has a torn acl. Please let that not be true.

kev87lads 04-13-2015 11:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15907946)
Flyers in....oh wait....

74 and 75.

Caps in.....

barbogast 04-14-2015 12:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
:lol

Damn

aeroshady 04-14-2015 08:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
The last few posts make me feel a lot better about my team haha

TMoore4075 04-14-2015 01:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Vermette a healthy scratch for game 1? I don't know how he's been playing (I know he hasn't scored) but that sucks. Hawks gave up a lot for him and he hated leaving Phoenix and now he'll be sitting in game 1.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-14-2015 01:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
My picks:

West:

1. Ducks-3
W. Jets-4

2. Canucks-4
3. Flames-3

1. Blues-3
W. Wild-4

2. Preds-2
3. Hawks-4


EAST:

1. Rangers-4
W. Penguins-1

2. Caps-4
3. Islanders-3

1. Habs-4
W. Sens-3

2. Lightning-4
3. Red Wings-2


Rangers/Penguins is the only series I don't think will be close. Picking against Anaheim feels right.

bonzo48280 04-14-2015 01:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Mike Milbury picked a Bruins-Kings final at the start of the year :lol

TMoore4075 04-14-2015 01:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15908637)
Mike Milbury picked a Bruins-Kings final at the start of the year :lol

Whoops. But to be honest, did any of us pick those two teams missing the playoffs?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.