Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 03-02-2015 12:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15848373)
I mean...for Phil and Nashville that's best case scenario (depending on what Nashville would give up for him)...but for the rest of the league, not so much.



Holy hell, that seems like a lot for Dion.

Wings have depth in the org on D so losing Smith wouldn't be the worst. Weiss has been a disappointment so player-wise, not worried about it TOO much. As mentioned earlier, t's the 7mil the 3 years after Weiss's contract is up that scares me, and obviously the Wings. That's why they want $2mil off per year on the cap hit.

lockman21 03-02-2015 12:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15848378)
Wings have depth in the org on D so losing Smith wouldn't be the worst. Weiss has been a disappointment so player-wise, not worried about it TOO much. As mentioned earlier, t's the 7mil the 3 years after Weiss's contract is up that scares me, and obviously the Wings. That's why they want $2mil off per year on the cap hit.

That's basically what I was saying. To give up a couple guys and have to eat his entire cap is ridiculous. The guy is clearly not worth that. If you want to get that off your books entirely, you can't expect NHL roster players in return. Mid-level prospects at best.

They'd either have to eat cap or ask for MUCH less back.

Roose13 03-02-2015 12:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Still upset my favorite Flyer was dealt, but what eases the sting is the phenomenal return they got for him. A 1st, 3rd AND an NHL defenseman. Huge.

TMoore4075 03-02-2015 12:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15848398)
That's basically what I was saying. To give up a couple guys and have to eat his entire cap is ridiculous. The guy is clearly not worth that. If you want to get that off your books entirely, you can't expect NHL roster players in return. Mid-level prospects at best.

They'd either have to eat cap or ask for MUCH less back.

Ah gotcha. Yeah if you want to the Wings to eat all the cap, take Kindl instead Smith. If they expect a guy who is still developing in Smith and the Wings take 7mil per over the next 6? Yeah, I don't think so.

I think Weiss for Dion in terms of just players, makes sense. Both haven't worked out where they are and could use fresh starts. Also both teams could put them in situations where they could thrive. Bigger minutes and center for Weiss and 2nd pairing and less minutes for Dion. Money and term are still stupid though for D. I remember the Road to the WC scene where he signs the deal. lol

~Crashintome89~ 03-02-2015 12:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15848414)
Still upset my favorite Flyer was dealt, but what eases the sting is the phenomenal return they got for him. A 1st, 3rd AND an NHL defenseman. Huge.

I've always liked him, but he can't carry a defense alone. And if he can't do that, and there isn't another legit #1 or #2 D-man that he can be paired with on the team, you might as well cash in those chips and get picks.

~Crashintome89~ 03-02-2015 12:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Toronto blew their chance of ridding themselves of Phaneuf. Now Detroit is going to counter with something much lower.

TMoore4075 03-02-2015 12:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Wings have an option with Zidlicky if they want to or can do nothing. Holland isn't in a position like he was last year. He'd like to do it but won't be Columbus.

TMoore4075 03-02-2015 01:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
One Wings beat writer saying looks like nothing will happen. Have a feeling TO calls back around 2 and says what can we do? You can get yourself out from under his contract and get some assets but won't eat what would total about $12mil over 6 years to make it happen? Wings might not be in this position in the summer.

TMoore4075 03-02-2015 01:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Renaud Lavoie reporting that he is hearing Leafs ready to eat some of Phaneuf salary. If true, deal could happen soon. Last part is my guess.

TMoore4075 03-02-2015 01:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Custance saying Wings seem to be out for now though.

CrushB610 03-02-2015 01:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15848274)
I may be going this Thursday too against the Blues.

I'll be there Thursday.. since its a team with a record above .500 the Flyers will win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15848414)
Still upset my favorite Flyer was dealt, but what eases the sting is the phenomenal return they got for him. A 1st, 3rd AND an NHL defenseman. Huge.

Coburn was your favorite Flyer? that's somethin you don't hear everyday

TMoore4075 03-02-2015 02:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Zidlicky to Detroit for 3rd rounder next year. Clearly Dion not happening now. I like this deal, for the future, a lot more. Right hander who can still produce and is a UFA. I think the Wings upgraded nicely.

fonzz41 03-02-2015 02:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15848563)
Zidlicky to Detroit for 3rd rounder next year. Clearly Dion not happening now. I like this deal, for the future, a lot more. Right hander who can still produce and is a UFA. I think the Wings upgraded nicely.

Yeah, good move. :thumbsup

Rebecca De Mornay 03-02-2015 02:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
pretty boring day so far.

barbogast 03-02-2015 02:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Neuvirth is a good pick up for the Isles. Always liked him a lot. Solid back up

hailtopitt 03-02-2015 02:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Penguins acquire Ian Cole from St. Louis in exchange for Robert Bortuzzo

fonzz41 03-02-2015 02:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15848617)
Neuvirth is a good pick up for the Isles. Always liked him a lot. Solid back up

Very good move going into the playoffs.

Quote:

Ted Kulfan ‏@tkulfan 4m4 minutes ago Kenny Holland confirms he's done with deals today
Well, there you go.

hailtopitt 03-02-2015 02:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
i love Bortuzzo :(

very sad to see him go

bradshaw06 03-02-2015 02:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Pens have officially run out of Borts license plates

socopithy 03-02-2015 02:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15848617)
Neuvirth is a good pick up for the Isles. Always liked him a lot. Solid back up

NEUUUUUU!!! This is great :hump

lockman21 03-02-2015 03:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15848563)
Zidlicky to Detroit for 3rd rounder next year. Clearly Dion not happening now. I like this deal, for the future, a lot more. Right hander who can still produce and is a UFA. I think the Wings upgraded nicely.

Very nice for Detroit. Toronto had their chance to unload Dion and they blew it.

bonzo48280 03-02-2015 03:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
good of Sportsnet to come back with BREAKING NEWS: MARIAN HOSSA TRADED TO PITTSBURGH graphic

fonzz41 03-02-2015 03:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15848617)
Neuvirth is a good pick up for the Isles. Always liked him a lot. Solid back up

Like Stempniak yesterday, wouldn't be a trade deadline without Jordan Leopold getting traded.

kev87lads 03-02-2015 03:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15848679)
Like Stempniak yesterday, wouldn't be a trade deadline without Jordan Leopold getting traded.

And Olli Jokinen. (A Blue now)

fonzz41 03-02-2015 03:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Now we know why the Leopold trade happened (no idea if legit):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=796022997113717

:)

Rebecca De Mornay 03-02-2015 03:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
good story about leopold.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-02-2015 03:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
really expected anisimov, wisnewski and atkinson to be moved today
surprising.

hailtopitt 03-02-2015 04:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15848760)
really expected anisimov, wisnewski and atkinson to be moved today
surprising.

especially Atkinson

Penguins were scouting him all week

Rebecca De Mornay 03-02-2015 04:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
atkinson just signed a three year extension with CBJ

fonzz41 03-02-2015 04:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Surprised to see Despres going to Anaheim in the Lovejoy deal.

Stewart to Minny, huh?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.