Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   updating the home page (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354806)

HonestDenver1 04-06-2021 03:53 PM

updating the home page

Is anyone going to update the home page? It's been almost a full year since we discovered the 2020 tour might be effected by Covid. I'm just getting tired of seeing it everyday.

YankeesDMB41 04-06-2021 04:33 PM

Re: updating the home page

I had the same thought, but I didn't want to be a cunt and say it. Thank you for biting the bullet.

ExistenceNow 04-06-2021 04:35 PM

Update it to what? You got some news?

edit: I guess they did just announce a LT.

HonestDenver1 04-06-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 (Post 17929338)
I had the same thought, but I didn't want to be a cunt and say it. Thank you for biting the bullet.

Youíre cunty enough as it is. Happy to take one for the team.

HonestDenver1 04-06-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17929341)

Anything, updates about LTs, Dave solo performances, whatís next on Sirius.. anything this year.

Route_2 04-06-2021 05:19 PM

I don't think I've seen the home page in years. Chrome takes me right to the forums.

Cscottrun 04-06-2021 05:47 PM

Yea, let's not pretend there hasn't been news. If you go back a couple years ago, even Dave simply mentioning that he was in the studio with Carter (like he did on one of the streams a few months ago) would have made the front page. I've volunteered to write before but never was taken up on the offer.

It's not a big deal, but let's call a spade a spade - the reason the front page hasn't been updated is not because there hasn't been anything newsworthy.

If the rescheduling of the entire 2020 tour isn't newsworthy, idk what is.

dontdrink36 04-06-2021 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17929341)

The main page should just link directly to the forums. The front page of this site is worthless and has been for a while.

I'm not faulting Matt, Joe, Jake, or anyone else that has the ability to update it. This site is a hobby and has been really great for a really long time. But the front page is worse now than DMB on social :lol

dontdrink36 04-06-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17929375)
Yea, let's not pretend there hasn't been news. If you go back a couple years ago, even Dave simply mentioning that he was in the studio with Carter (like he did on one of the streams a few months ago) would have made the front page. I've volunteered to write before but never was taken up on the offer.

It's not a big deal, but let's call a spade a spade - the reason the front page hasn't been updated is not because there hasn't been anything newsworthy.

If the rescheduling of the entire 2020 tour isn't newsworthy, idk what is.

Or the drive ins, Dave solo streams, Sirius news, the Dave and Carter sessions. There has been a lot of news since the last front page update.

dmbfan4ever 04-06-2021 06:53 PM

I think my front page still has a survey asking how I feel about butch Taylor being back.

bowa36 04-06-2021 07:44 PM

I forgot the home page even existed, why does it exist?

RiotAct 04-06-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowa36 (Post 17929426)
I forgot the home page even existed, why does it exist?

I read it for the articles.

TheStone91 04-06-2021 08:49 PM

Side thought - does Jake ever post in DMBc any more? I feel like I havenít seen him post here in years (literally)...

Route_2 04-06-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 17929477)
Side thought - does Jake ever post in DMBc any more? I feel like I havenít seen him post here in years (literally)...

His last post was on 4/1/21

ExistenceNow 04-07-2021 12:18 AM

The only time I ever go to the front page is when someone makes a thread complaining about the front page. The second anything even remotely newsworthy breaks, there's a thread about it. If you're actively posting in this thread, you're getting the news the same as I am, so I don't know why you even ever go to the front page looking for anything. The front page, and front pages of message boards in general, is a useless vestige from the early aughts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17929381)
The main page should just link directly to the forums. The front page of this site is worthless and has been for a while.
I'm not faulting Matt, Joe, Jake, or anyone else that has the ability to update it. This site is a hobby and has been really great for a really long time. But the front page is worse now than DMB on social :lol

Yea, pretty much this.

Just treat the "New Posts" button as the front page.

TheStone91 04-07-2021 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Route_2 (Post 17929547)
His last post was on 4/1/21

Was asking if he posted in the DMBc forum...

Route_2 04-07-2021 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 17929562)
Was asking if he posted in the DMBc forum...

I see that now.

Bearclaw_ 04-07-2021 09:47 AM

I donít think Iíve ever looked at the front page. Iíve always gone directly to the forum.

Roose13 04-07-2021 11:10 AM

I forgot Ants had a homepage. My bookmark goes right to the forums.

HonestDenver1 04-07-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17929561)
The only time I ever go to the front page is when someone makes a thread complaining about the front page. The second anything even remotely newsworthy breaks, there's a thread about it. If you're actively posting in this thread, you're getting the news the same as I am, so I don't know why you even ever go to the front page looking for anything. The front page, and front pages of message boards in general, is a useless vestige from the early aughts.

Yea, pretty much this.

Just treat the "New Posts" button as the front page.

Well then you know there has been lots of interesting things since last April. Just because someone doesn't feel like updating it doesn't mean they shouldn't. Lots of dave solo shows, interviews, rumors about new albums, the pretty fucking awesome Dave & Carter performance... That stuff all would have made it in the past.

sean52692 04-07-2021 09:14 PM

There are some entertaining articles in the archives, though.

ExistenceNow 04-08-2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 (Post 17929792)
Well then you know there has been lots of interesting things since last April. Just because someone doesn't feel like updating it doesn't mean they shouldn't. Lots of dave solo shows, interviews, rumors about new albums, the pretty fucking awesome Dave & Carter performance... That stuff all would have made it in the past.

You managed to find out about all that stuff without reading it on the front page, no? So why does it need to be there? Just adjust your bookmark to take you to DMBc if it's bothering you.

flames_theman 04-08-2021 02:28 AM

The podcast has been M. I. A for ages too. I always enjoyed those. Corner of grey street pod has done a great job filling the void though!!

Hilly 04-08-2021 08:26 AM

Ants should run the bands social media!

dontdrink36 04-08-2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 17930347)
Ants should run the bands social media!

I know you are trying to make a joke but you are correct. There are quite a few members here that could do amazing work on social media if given access to official dmb material and the resources to do it as a job.

Route_2 04-08-2021 11:39 AM

A random person off the street would do a better job.

TheLastPig 04-08-2021 12:36 PM

This website is embarrassingly run anymore.

jaymas9 04-08-2021 02:37 PM

When I want a real dose of nostalgia, I go through the archives sometimes.

coldengrey12 04-08-2021 03:30 PM

I'll do it, I'll run the band's social media, pick me :)

Bmwm3oz 04-09-2021 09:26 AM

Been a relatively active member of this forum since 2004, and I don’t think I’ve ever read the home page. Maybe the first week I signed up.