Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2021/COVID Venue Policies (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354855)

chadizzy1 04-25-2021 07:07 AM

2021/COVID Venue Policies

It doesn’t sound like the band or the WH is going to be putting out COVID policies / precautions - maybe that’s why it wasn’t in the announcement.

Here’s what I got from the Warehouse when I asked:

“Hey Chad! Closer to the event date, check out the venue website for this detail.

Warehouse Crew”

Basically sounds like it’s up to whatever the venue wants to do/whatever the state is doing at that point.

dmb131 04-25-2021 07:25 AM

Re: 2021/COVID Venue Policies

I feel more comfortable wearing a mask either way. Don’t mind it at all.

RiotAct 04-25-2021 07:29 AM

Good :thumbsup

willndmb 04-25-2021 07:37 AM

Here is NY as of now https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/de...rd35j3vkJK-G_c
20% Capacity
250sq ft space for groups of 4 or 100 per person
6’ between groups
Vaccine or negative test required
Masks of course

Got a longgggg way to go IMO before these shows happen

42km 04-25-2021 07:40 AM

The band/WH, venues and promoters will clearly have no choice but to adhere to whatever policies and protocols are put into place by state/local authorities. I don’t expect any uniformity state to state, venue to venue. COVID challenges and variants are constantly changing. It’s way to early to accurately predict what will be, or not be, 3 months from now.

“Though we would like to believe we are, we are not in control.....”

dontdrink36 04-25-2021 07:49 AM

This just confirms to me the need to wait and see about Gorge and SPAC. I dont see many closures over the summer but I dont want to make firm travel plans to states more likely to limit gatherings.

chadizzy1 04-25-2021 07:50 AM

For Arkansas

- We don't have a mask mandate
- Restaurants, bars, gyms and large venues no longer have capacity restrictions
- And Arkansas is around the bottom, I think about 46th in the country for vaccination

So basically it's a free for all/super spreader event at the Arkansas show.

chadizzy1 04-25-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17941629)
This just confirms to me the need to wait and see about Gorge and SPAC. I dont see many closures over the summer but I dont want to make firm travel plans to states more likely to limit gatherings.

Why is this? I had to read this twice, because it sounded right at first and then the second time around it sounded like you don't want to go to events that have precautions. Not sure if that's a mistype but it reads weird.

RiotAct 04-25-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17941636)
Why is this? I had to read this twice, because it sounded right at first and then the second time around it sounded like you don't want to go to events that have precautions. Not sure if that's a mistype but it reads weird.

I think he was referring to NY’s overly restrictive policies that are more likely to fuck people over even come August / September.

chadizzy1 04-25-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 17941637)
I think he was referring to NY’s overly restrictive policies that are more likely to fuck people over even come August / September.

Okay, I wasn't sure.

It read more like a "I want to go to places without restrictions because I'm a badass" :lol

prdstmnky36 04-25-2021 08:22 AM

Realistically, with all venues being sold to capacity, ANY restrictions that reduce capacity would have to result in the show being cancelled....right?

Dannyyankou 04-25-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willndmb (Post 17941623)
Here is NY as of now https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/de...rd35j3vkJK-G_c
20% Capacity
250sq ft space for groups of 4 or 100 per person
6’ between groups
Vaccine or negative test required
Masks of course

Got a longgggg way to go IMO before these shows happen

It's weird because they announced a couple days ago that capacity at indoor arenas will increase to 25% next month, but says nothing about outdoor stadiums or theaters. It would make no sense if indoor theaters were allowed to have a higher capacity than outdoor.

dontdrink36 04-25-2021 08:24 AM

Riot is correct. I dont want to commit upwards of a $1000 to travel to a state that may say I can't go when the time comes.

Though I would have no problem going to an event with absolutely no restrictions. Since my shows as of now are in NC and GA I just might have shows without restrictions :lol

dontdrink36 04-25-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 (Post 17941641)
Realistically, with all venues being sold to capacity, ANY restrictions that reduce capacity would have to result in the show being cancelled....right?

I would think so. It seems like the plan is full capacity shows with masks or vaccines depending on state or no show. Like if NY says only 30% capacity in September then SPAC gets Alpine treatment and doesn't get a show this year.

chadizzy1 04-25-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17941643)
Riot is correct. I dont want to commit upwards of a $1000 to travel to a state that may say I can't go when the time comes.

Though I would have no problem going to an event with absolutely no restrictions. Since my shows as of now are in NC and GA I just might have shows without restrictions :lol

Yeah this makes sense. Here in Arkansas nothing will change. So anyone planning to travel here won’t have to worry, our state refuses to do anything :lol

dontdrink36 04-25-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17941650)
Yeah this makes sense. Here in Arkansas nothing will change. So anyone planning to travel here won’t have to worry, our state refuses to do anything :lol

I hate that for you since it likely means you won't be going this year. Too bad yall aren't getting two nights. If you were I might try to make it. :lol

All the 2 nighters this year are after school starts so it makes it tougher to go for me.

chadizzy1 04-25-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17941655)
I hate that for you since it likely means you won't be going this year. Too bad yall aren't getting two nights. If you were I might try to make it. :lol

All the 2 nighters this year are after school starts so it makes it tougher to go for me.

Yeah, I have the tickets in case things get better, but people aren't embracing vaccines or voluntary masking. Things may look better in October, I dunno. But if nothing changes between now and then, I won't be able to go. I'd be fine if I didn't have kids since I'm vaccinated, but with our autoimmune child I can't risk catching it and bringing it home.

Maybe the band will do a live stream of a show at some point this year like they did in the past. They have to understand not everyone wants to risk it at this point.

dontdrink36 04-25-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17941658)
Yeah, I have the tickets in case things get better, but people aren't embracing vaccines or voluntary masking. Things may look better in October, I dunno. But if nothing changes between now and then, I won't be able to go. I'd be fine if I didn't have kids since I'm vaccinated, but with our autoimmune child I can't risk catching it and bringing it home.

Maybe the band will do a live stream of a show at some point this year like they did in the past. They have to understand not everyone wants to risk it at this point.

I'm 99.9% sure they will have some live streams.

BTBaboon 04-25-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17941629)

There’s always the option of making your bookings for travel/hotel to be refundable, just in case.

Vorony 04-25-2021 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17941630)
For Arkansas

- We don't have a mask mandate
- Restaurants, bars, gyms and large venues no longer have capacity restrictions
- And Arkansas is around the bottom, I think about 46th in the country for vaccination

So basically it's a free for all/super spreader event at the Arkansas show.

And yet despite all of this, looks like the state is doing just fine based on the attached graph and stats.

willndmb 04-25-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 17941642)
It's weird because they announced a couple days ago that capacity at indoor arenas will increase to 25% next month, but says nothing about outdoor stadiums or theaters. It would make no sense if indoor theaters were allowed to have a higher capacity than outdoor.

It is all based on original seating capacity
“Small” is at 33% right now or lesser of 200 unless everyone has. Vac then 500

chadizzy1 04-25-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorony (Post 17941662)
And yet despite all of this, looks like the state is doing just fine based on the attached graph and stats.

Forgive me if this sounds rude

But I have an autoimmune child. All it takes is me catching it from one ofthese people and bringing it home, and my child would be dead.

So your definition of “just fine” and mine are vastly different.

To each their own, but I take it a little more seriously. That’s why my show plans are not set in stone

Vorony 04-25-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17941665)
Forgive me if this sounds rude

But I have an autoimmune child. All it takes is me catching it from one ofthese people and bringing it home, and my child would be dead.

So your definition of “just fine” and mine are vastly different.

To each their own, but I take it a little more seriously. That’s why my show plans are not set in stone

No arguing that, and you obviously should be taking precautions as a result of your own personal situation. I was just responding to your post insinuating that Arkansas as a state is a potentially volatile situation right now due to restrictions being lifted.

chadizzy1 04-25-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorony (Post 17941666)
No arguing that, and you obviously should be taking precautions as a result of your own personal situation. I was just responding to your post insinuating that Arkansas as a state is a potentially volatile situation right now due to restrictions being lifted.

Okay good, I didn’t want to come across like a jerk with my response

monizzle145 04-25-2021 09:26 AM

I got free cancellation hotels and and going to be under the assumption that this tour could get delayed again until the venues and or WH/DMB Site has clear guidelines about what will be required at entry and if the states will offically allow GA pit type setups for venues and allow 100% capacity.

I am honestly shocked the band announced with confidence that they will be back for 2021 without any release from livenation and plans for every single venue. Also I honestly don't see how they can enforce a potential mask mandate with crowds being anywhere from 10K to 30K+ across the tour board. Especially for pits and the lawn. I really am under the assumption that masks won't be required and or if required will be impossible to enforce.

DMB 2021 could be one of the best surprise summer/fall tours ever or the biggest debacle or getting fans hopes up only to delay the tour or cancel a % of the tour in states like NY and WA that may have rule changed or lockdowns based on their local Govt's worries about covid.

BTBaboon 04-25-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorony (Post 17941666)

This is probably better suited for the Covid thread, but Arkansas saw a massive drop in their positivity rate to start March (falling from 16.25% on 2.5M tests to 5.7% on nearly the same basis of tests; almost overnight - between 3/6 and 3/12). However, the last week or so, their positivity rate has jumped back to ~7% (after bottoming out at 2.99% on April 6th), and the amount of tests being conducted has grown - higher testing demand suggesting increase in symptoms (which could possibly be allergy related) or concern of contact/spread.

This is really going to be the key challenge for states that do not have a high adoption rate for the vaccine. The hope has to be on seasonality keeping the virus at bay - and I think there’s good reason to bank on that - but the lower a state’s vaccination % is, the more likely a rebound in spread is. Especially when you begin to consider large scale events with possible interstate travel.

Now, on the other hand, if you are vaccinate and wear your mask, your odds of contracting or spreading it are super low. But obviously someone in Chad’s situation will have to exercise extreme caution. And it’s that bit which makes this a never ending task of navigating all the complexity of a pandemic; even as things are “better”

chadizzy1 04-25-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monizzle145 (Post 17941669)
I got free cancellation hotels and and going to be under the assumption that this tour could get delayed again until the venues and or WH/DMB Site has clear guidelines about what will be required at entry and if the states will offically allow GA pit type setups for venues and allow 100% capacity.

I am honestly shocked the band announced with confidence that they will be back for 2021 without any release from livenation and plans for every single venue. Also I honestly don't see how they can enforce a potential mask mandate with crowds being anywhere from 10K to 30K+ across the tour board. Especially for pits and the lawn. I really am under the assumption that masks won't be required and or if required will be impossible to enforce.

DMB 2021 could be one of the best surprise summer/fall tours ever or the biggest debacle or getting fans hopes up only to delay the tour or cancel a % of the tour in states like NY and WA that may have rule changed or lockdowns based on their local Govt's worries about covid.

In the past I would have to make longer term plans because I usually travel for shows.

Since the one I’m going to this year is in Arkansas, I can drive home afterwards

Makes it a little easier to change plans last minute if needed

monizzle145 04-25-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17941674)
In the past I would have to make longer term plans because I usually travel for shows.

Since the one I’m going to this year is in Arkansas, I can drive home afterwards

Makes it a little easier to change plans last minute if needed

Yeah that's really what is pushing me to really stay local for the tour. Tempted by the gorge since there are a lot of online friends planning to go this year and I would love to hang at the camping/tailgate.

Time will tell but the announce before we have state guidelines is completely opposite of what Stefan and Dave and Jeff have expressed vocally in the last year as they have taken the virus serious and alluded to proceeding with music with caution.

Jake C 04-25-2021 10:48 AM

If I recall correctly May 3rd is the next round of tests per county in WA state.
That will tell if a county can advance or "fall back" to a tighter restriction.
Currently there is no Phase 4 in WA State. Most counties are in Phase 3.
3 counties fell back to Phase 2 last round of checks.

Gorge is in Grant County.
Current restrictions would place Gorge at 25% per section or a max of 9000 whichever is less.
https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/de...20Guidance.pdf

Phase 3:
Outdoor Venues
Outdoor venues with seating (permanent or temporary) that meet the following requirements may
exceed 200 people maximum attendance:
- A facility must have individual designated seating capability. Open, unreserved seating not
allowed.
- A facility must have controlled entrances and exits and the ability to monitor exact attendance.
An outdoor venue that meets those requirements may:
- Open to a capacity of 25% per section or 9,000 spectators maximum, whichever is lower.

Hopefully May 3rd will show further reduction of the spread of the virus.

- J

stoga09 04-25-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake C (Post 17941698)
If I recall correctly May 3rd is the next round of tests per county in WA state.
That will tell if a county can advance or "fall back" to a tighter restriction.
Currently there is no Phase 4 in WA State. Most counties are in Phase 3.
3 counties fell back to Phase 2 last round of checks.

Gorge is in Grant County.
Current restrictions would place Gorge at 25% per section or a max of 9000 whichever is less.
https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/de...20Guidance.pdf

Phase 3:
Outdoor Venues
Outdoor venues with seating (permanent or temporary) that meet the following requirements may
exceed 200 people maximum attendance:
- A facility must have individual designated seating capability. Open, unreserved seating not
allowed.
- A facility must have controlled entrances and exits and the ability to monitor exact attendance.
An outdoor venue that meets those requirements may:
- Open to a capacity of 25% per section or 9,000 spectators maximum, whichever is lower.

Hopefully May 3rd will show further reduction of the spread of the virus.

- J

It would be nice if we could wear full hazmat suits. Well just have to see if they let us.