Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Come Tomorrow (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   That Girl Is You (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=347211)

Madnana 05-17-2018 06:13 AM

That Girl Is You

Reportedly, this is being prepped as the second single. Anyone think they may surprise us with a secret drop at midnight tonight? Would be a great way to kick off the summer tour and promote the new album (you know, the one that comes out in 3 WEEKS!?!)

I, for one, can't wait. Samurai Cop is alright, but I am craving some new songs already!

RiotAct 05-17-2018 06:53 AM

Re: That Girl Is You

Have we heard anything about this song yet from people who got to attend a listening party, or 'insiders' for that matter?

I feel like this is the only true surprise still. Hopeful that it's an excellent song!

DMBCardinal 05-17-2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 17103095)
Have we heard anything about this song yet from people who got to attend a listening party, or 'insiders' for that matter?

I feel like this is the only true surprise still. Hopeful that it's an excellent song!

All we know is that Batson really likes it. When he first heard it he had the band play it several times in a row. I think that shows that he is not the producer of this song.

btpeters 05-17-2018 07:04 AM

"Reportedly" ...can you share these "reports" or site your "sources". All I see is message board speculation.

poshsta420 05-17-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 17103121)
"Reportedly" ...can you share these "reports" or site your "sources". All I see is message board speculation.

If you go to ITUNES... that girl is you is the only other song with its track time listed. It makes sense that it would be the next single IMO

btpeters 05-17-2018 07:11 AM

So this is an "I have a hunch" thing. Not so much Reportedly.

DMBCardinal 05-17-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 17103136)
So this is an "I have a hunch" thing. Not so much Reportedly.

I think it is more than a hunch. Why would the track time show up for this song but not the others?

btpeters 05-17-2018 07:26 AM

I honestly don't know. Could mean something, could mean nothing. What if another track's time populates tomorrow?

What time frame would this single release in? They just released Samurai Cop 1 week ago. I'd imagine they'd let that breathe for a while. There is that contest going on to win tickets where you can unlock 2 additional tracks (that haven't unlocked yet). Its not an iTunes contest, but maybe That Girl Is You is one of those and is populating because of that for some reason. I'm speculating though, not Reportedly'ing

bubba40 05-17-2018 07:39 AM

I'm hopeful to hear this soon. I want good new DMB music- Samurai Cop isn't :/

Madnana 05-17-2018 07:49 AM

haha, my bad... didn't mean "reportedly". Perhaps "supposedly" would have been a better word choice.

I did not go to journalism school. ;)

Hilly 05-17-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 17103163)
I honestly don't know. Could mean something, could mean nothing. What if another track's time populates tomorrow?

What time frame would this single release in? They just released Samurai Cop 1 week ago. I'd imagine they'd let that breathe for a while. There is that contest going on to win tickets where you can unlock 2 additional tracks (that haven't unlocked yet). Its not an iTunes contest, but maybe That Girl Is You is one of those and is populating because of that for some reason. I'm speculating though, not Reportedly'ing

I think people are confusing the idea of a "single", with a radio push and, hopefully, air play, and releasing another song off the album via streaming sites.

Not every song that gets released prior to an album release, would really get the push of a single.

But lines get blurred these days.

btpeters 05-17-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 17103223)
I think people are confusing the idea of a "single", with a radio push and, hopefully, air play, and releasing another song off the album via streaming sites.

Not every song that gets released prior to an album release, would really get the push of a single.

Correct. Gaucho was not a single, though I've seen it confused as one around these parts in the past.

dontdrink36 05-17-2018 08:11 AM

I don't care what they call it I just want to hear the song. I'm hopeful I will able to tomorrow.

treyfunderburk 05-17-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17103256)
I don't care what they call it I just want to hear the song. I'm hopeful I will able to tomorrow.

Me too. Me too.

coldengrey12 05-17-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 17103228)
Correct. Gaucho was not a single, though I've seen it confused as one around these parts in the past.

I think the line for what qualifies as a single is a lot fuzzier than it used to be.

Especially since radio is not the only or primary means of reaching an audience anymore.

BruceW 05-17-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Yep. This.

BTCS_JTR 05-17-2018 10:42 AM

Is it this song, or She that's the rumored album banger?

BruceW 05-17-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR (Post 17103523)
Is it this song, or She that's the rumored album banger?

That song is She

BTCS_JTR 05-17-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 17103527)
That song is She

I see what you did there

Thanks

StopMakingSense 05-17-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 17103095)

bkdkdkdd
Come On Come On
Come Tommorow
She
When I'm Weary

Those are still all going to be surprises to me.

jaymas9 05-17-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StopMakingSense (Post 17103637)
bkdkdkdd
Come On Come On
Come Tommorow
She
When I'm Weary

Those are still all going to be surprises to me.

When I'm Weary being a 1:59 solo Dave song to close the album has me a little...skeptical of how much I'll like it, but we shall see.

ericvol 05-17-2018 12:15 PM

That Girl is You - (Possible Grace Potter?)
She - (Think 90's grunge)
Come Tomorrow - (Uplifting song with Brandi and is possibly 8 minutes live with a sax solo)
When I'm Weary - (Dave and Piano close to the album - This could be hauntingly beautiful BTW)
Come on Come on - (This is the one that I haven't heard any rumors to how it would sound or guests or anything?)

chadizzy1 05-17-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericvol (Post 17103695)
That Girl is You - (Possible Grace Potter?)
She - (Think 90's grunge)
Come Tomorrow - (Uplifting song with Brandi and is possibly 8 minutes live with a sax solo)
When I'm Weary - (Dave and Piano close to the album - This could be hauntingly beautiful BTW)
Come on Come on - (This is the one that I haven't heard any rumors to how it would sound or guests or anything?)

The only thing I've heard is that Come On Come On is a new song and not an old song that's been renamed.

Dodo36 05-18-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 17103228)

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17103400)
I think the line for what qualifies as a single is a lot fuzzier than it used to be.

Especially since radio is not the only or primary means of reaching an audience anymore.

Gaucho was technically a promotional single. Back in the day, promotional singles were given to DJs, both on radio and in the clubs, and other promotional outlets. Today, they don't get a print run like they used to, but they still count as singles in the eyes of the industry. They just don't generate sales directly.

Remember, every single since the advent of the album as a purposeful medium has been intended to drive sales of the record. A promotional single was just to give you a taste that you technically shouldn't be able to get without purchasing the record. In the digital age, that has turned into 'give you a taste of the album for free so you'll come back and buy the full monty.'

Just because money didn't change hands for the privilege of downloading or didn't get a physical release, does not negate that it was a single.

adzack3441 05-20-2018 04:01 AM

The band would be making a mistake if Do You Remember isn’t the next single.

Bluewater21 05-20-2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzack3441 (Post 17110497)
The band would be making a mistake if Do You Remember isn’t the next single.

Dave likes it too much, no way he’ll make it a single.

Dankguitar 05-20-2018 07:18 AM

Once again people. If That Girl is You is released this week it’s not a single. It’s just a song they’re releasing early. Singles don’t get released 2 weeks apart. The next single will be in a couple months when they decide to push another song to the radio

poshsta420 05-21-2018 06:30 AM

I got to listen to this song yesterday and honestly it maybe the worst thing I have ever heard... Dave's voice is beyond awful but the song is rather funky... I previewed the song for a few other people and everyone i played the clip to said it was horrible!

JunkBondTrader 05-21-2018 06:39 AM

Do you Remember is maybe my favorite DMB song since I don’t even know. What a lovely summer song.

DMBCardinal 05-21-2018 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poshsta420 (Post 17111887)
I got to listen to this song yesterday and honestly it maybe the worst thing I have ever heard... Dave's voice is beyond awful but the song is rather funky... I previewed the song for a few other people and everyone i played the clip to said it was horrible!

How did you hear it?