Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

pathetic 05-30-2019 01:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Per Cassidy, Gryz is in concussion protocol and not making the trip to St. Louis. Heís probably done. Guessing at least a game, maybe two game suspension now

rickyh24 05-30-2019 01:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Thatís great.

DMBstandUP1984 05-30-2019 01:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17460256)
Per Cassidy, Gryz is in concussion protocol and not making the trip to St. Louis. Heís probably done. Guessing at least a game, maybe two game suspension now

ugh.....

drop2d 05-30-2019 02:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Damn... that sucks. I think Iím leaning towards suspension now too. Itís hard to tell if there was intent to smash him in the head... but like pathetic said, if McAvoy is the benchmark, then there should be a suspension here also

DMBstandUP1984 05-30-2019 02:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
its a good trade off for the Blues if thats how it shakes out

drakan 05-30-2019 04:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17460109)

Ever player should know to hold up on a play like that.

drakan 05-30-2019 04:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17460070)
Bruins are still favored -120

hey that's just like your opinion man.

DMBstandUP1984 05-30-2019 04:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
https://twitter.com/nbcsportspr/stat...270560768?s=21

Game 2 ratings for this dud of a series


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

unccrombie 05-30-2019 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17460445)
https://twitter.com/nbcsportspr/stat...270560768?s=21

Game 2 ratings for this dud of a series


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How about those west coast/east coast fans?

Brohan_Santana 05-30-2019 05:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17460135)
It's still reckless regardless the position the player is in. I know it's hard to change direction, but Sundqvist is going in with the intention to hit him hard, regardless of his positioning.

Wait, what?

He went it for a hit & it was an awkward position

Brohan_Santana 05-30-2019 05:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17460445)
https://twitter.com/nbcsportspr/stat...270560768?s=21

Game 2 ratings for this dud of a series


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Who knew local TV markets would be tuning into watch their team play :rolleyes

Lcsulla 05-30-2019 06:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17460099)
You fucking kidding me - Sundqvist getting a hearing

Completely absurd that he is getting a hearing. I may be cheering for the Blues but I really do not like the team at all. That said, had Grzelcyk stayed in the same position he was in and did not try and get up before the hit was delivered there would have been no contact to the head. The refs got that call right on the ice (for once) and now DPS has to step in with their nonsense. I realized the guy is injured and that sucks but I have watched that hit about 2 dozen times now and do not believe that Sundqvist had any intent to actually make contact with the head much less injure Grzelcyk, it was incidental.

DMBstandUP1984 05-30-2019 06:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17460518)
Completely absurd that he is getting a hearing. I may be cheering for the Blues but I really do not like the team at all. That said, had Grzelcyk stayed in the same position he was in and did not try and get up before the hit was delivered there would have been no contact to the head. The refs got that call right on the ice (for once) and now DPS has to step in with their nonsense. I realized the guy is injured and that sucks but I have watched that hit about 2 dozen times now and do not believe that Sundqvist had any intent to actually make contact with the head much less injure Grzelcyk, it was incidental.



He could have slowed down he made zero effort to, thatís about the only part I could see them hitting him on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rickyh24 05-30-2019 06:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17460509)
Who knew local TV markets would be tuning into watch their team play :rolleyes



I donít see it being one of the worst finals ever tv ratings wise tbh

Brohan_Santana 05-30-2019 06:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17460531)
I donít see it being one of the worst finals ever tv ratings wise tbh



I never said that

Blues pull in phenomenal ratings often. Theyíre like Pitt always be high on hockey ratings

Lcsulla 05-30-2019 08:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17460523)
He could have slowed down he made zero effort to, thatís about the only part I could see them hitting him on

Those type hits happen so often in gains and do not get called all season long, generally they do not involve an injury but I think everyone in here would agree that guys just finish up checks far more often than they probably have to - a lot of time numerous seconds after a guy has dished the puck away.

DMBstandUP1984 05-30-2019 08:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17460585)
Those type hits happen so often in gains and do not get called all season long, generally they do not involve an injury but I think everyone in here would agree that guys just finish up checks far more often than they probably have to - a lot of time numerous seconds after a guy has dished the puck away.



I also think Bs are playing possum a bit about the ďinjuryĒ to try and get a game suspension out of it.

Also, shouldnít we have heard by now or did I miss something?


IMO shouldnít be a suspension


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DMBstandUP1984 05-30-2019 09:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
1 game...just came down

pathetic 05-31-2019 08:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17460518)
I have watched that hit about 2 dozen times now and do not believe that Sundqvist had any intent to actually make contact with the head much less injure Grzelcyk, it was incidental.

we've seen over and over that intent doesn't matter. especially when the result is an injury.

DMBstandUP1984 05-31-2019 08:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
This is kind of what the Blues do they start to peel away players from the other team

Brohan_Santana 05-31-2019 09:46 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b4f01802d3.jpg

Americaís team. Letís go Blues

drop2d 05-31-2019 09:48 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17460778)

Wow... that's way more than any other Boston based team.

Brohan_Santana 05-31-2019 09:49 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drop2d (Post 17460782)
Wow... that's way more than any other Boston based team.



They hate us because they ainít us amirite!!!!!?!?

drop2d 05-31-2019 09:51 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17460783)
They hate us because they ainít us amirite!!!!!?!?

Basically, yeah.

rickyh24 05-31-2019 09:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Iíd be sick of it too.

pathetic 05-31-2019 10:01 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
CA & HI Wooooo!!!

DMBstandUP1984 05-31-2019 10:18 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
I think the Bruins win the popular vote according to that map


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fonzz41 05-31-2019 02:36 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17460518)
Completely absurd that he is getting a hearing. I may be cheering for the Blues but I really do not like the team at all. That said, had Grzelcyk stayed in the same position he was in and did not try and get up before the hit was delivered there would have been no contact to the head. The refs got that call right on the ice (for once) and now DPS has to step in with their nonsense. I realized the guy is injured and that sucks but I have watched that hit about 2 dozen times now and do not believe that Sundqvist had any intent to actually make contact with the head much less injure Grzelcyk, it was incidental.

Suspension was warranted. Intent does not matter.

Sundqvist was looking at Grzelcyk's numbers from the time he hit the faceoff dot. Grzelcyk losing his balance right before contact may have increased the potential for injury, but that's still a hit Sundqvist knows not to make and could have avoided/minimized. If he does not hit the head, maybe it's just a boarding call (still would have probably given him a fiver because the hit was so avoidable) with no supplemental discipline, but the head contact combined with the boarding makes it a suspendable infraction.

In that situation, you slow down and get an arm out on either side of the player. Still give him a push, but wrap him up and take him out of the play without flattening him. Defensemen hate it when that happens.

Roose13 05-31-2019 03:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17460778)

Three people in Hawaii watching hockey shouldn't count toward the Bruins.

pathetic 05-31-2019 04:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!
 
you really mad about that?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.