Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 10:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061254)
When Crosby went down, I remember thinking this is the best chance theyíre gonna get. The tainted victory thing is crap. No one remembers stuff like that. Only who won



Idk man. When I saw that I hated it. I hate seeing players injured and add the fact he was top 2 in the league hurt.

I cheer fo the Caps but I want that vengeance win against the Pens to not be tainted. Itíll just be more satisfying

Hopefully weíre headed for Caps v Pens round 3

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 10:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17061250)
Put the everclear down, Brohan.



I live in PA, as do you I think. You should know Everear isnít legal in PA

~Crashintome89~ 04-11-2018 10:34 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
brohan had way too many zimas tonight, boys (and Sarah).

barbogast 04-11-2018 10:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061265)
Idk man. When I saw that I hated it. I hate seeing players injured and add the fact he was top 2 in the league hurt.

I cheer fo the Caps but I want that vengeance win against the Pens to not be tainted. Itíll just be more satisfying

Hopefully weíre headed for Caps v Pens round 3

To be honest, if the Caps were to make a real run, I couldn't care less how it happens. I won't feel cheapened at all if it's against teams that aren't Pittsburgh.

The Caps really turned me off last year. That was a big one for me. Of course I'll always love them, but my willingness to devote significant time to them diminished big time after they got bounced last year. I cut my cable for good this season for the first time, so I haven't watched them hardly at all this season, but I'm back in through Sling for the playoffs. At this point, I just hope they make this fun and don't let us down again. I really don't care who it's against.

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 10:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061275)
To be honest, if the Caps were to make a real run, I couldn't care less how it happens. I won't feel cheapened at all if it's against teams that aren't Pittsburgh.



The Caps really turned me off last year. That was a big one for me. Of course I'll always love them, but my willingness to devote significant time to them diminished big time after they got bounced last year. I cut my cable for good this season for the first time, so I haven't watched them hardly at all this season, but I'm back in through Sling for the playoffs. At this point, I just hope they make this fun and don't let us down again. I really don't care who it's against.



Iíve always been an out of market subscriber so ĎKeeping Up with the Capsí has always been a challenge

I will agree that following them this year has been rough knowing the inevitable outcome. It was easier following them when they were the best team in the league

Will I be there for the SCFís if theyíre there? Of course. Am I as invested this year compared to the previous 2 years? Not in the slightest

barbogast 04-11-2018 10:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061279)
Iíve always been an out of market subscriber so ĎKeeping Up with the Capsí has always been a challenge

I will agree that following them this year has been rough knowing the inevitable outcome. It was easier following them when they were the best team in the league

Will I be there for the SCFís if theyíre there? Of course. Am I as invested this year compared to the previous 2 years? Not in the slightest

It's not even just the past two for me. It's a culmination of the entire Ovie era. But I was definitely a guy that watched all of the games year in and year out. This year is the first where I've only followed the team through highlights and columns. It's been liberating :lol I have so much free time!

But I couldn't help myself for the playoffs, I'm a true sucker for these guys. Ready to feel the pain again! :lol I'm actually really excited about the CBJ series. Tortorella is always a good time. Plus we've never faced them before in the playoffs so that should be cool. The Caps definitely shouldn't look past them. I know we all fantasize about Pittsburgh but Columbus is no walk in the park.

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 10:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061283)
It's not even just the past two for me. It's a culmination of the entire Ovie era. But I was definitely a guy that watched all of the games year in and year out. This year is the first where I've only followed the team through highlights and columns. It's been liberating :lol I have so much free time!



But I couldn't help myself for the playoffs, I'm a true sucker for these guys. Ready to feel the pain again! :lol I'm actually really excited about the CBJ series. Tortorella is always a good time. Plus we've never faced them before in the playoffs so that should be cool. The Caps definitely shouldn't look past them. I know we all fantasize about Pittsburgh but Columbus is no walk in the park.



Not at all. But in all honestly I donít see much difference between this team and past years teams aside from name brand

Caps are talented to win it all. Iím hoping Kuzy and the Rooks can make it happen

barbogast 04-11-2018 10:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061287)
Not at all. But in all honestly I donít see much difference between this team and past years teams aside from name brand

Caps are talented to win it all. Iím hoping Kuzy and the Rooks can make it happen

Again I speak as someone who really hasn't watched all that much, but I think they could stand to be stronger defensively. I know there's a lot of deep stats that say they aren't all that great of a team, but I'm not smart enough to fully wrap my head around all the advanced statistics. Plus I really must say again, I don't love the goalie situation currently. I'm not hating on Grubauer, but let's be honest, he's completely inexperienced here. Maybe that won't phase him at all, and maybe it will. But i must say, I'm disappointed Braden didn't have a better season and isn't heading full steam elite status into the playoffs. I think that having that kind of rock solid netminding is huge for a team that really wants to go deep, and I think Braden obviously didn't have his best season ever, and now he finds himself in a position where the only situation that will cause him to see post season minutes is if the team needs a bailout. That's too bad. But it's not all gloom and doom. I think the team can score for sure, I think they've still got the same strong pieces there that they have for the last couple seasons. And they should, at the very least, be able to hang with anyone. So we'll see. I'm hoping for the best. Worst case scenario, I get to cancel this $25 Sling subscription before a month runs up :lol

dmbetc 04-11-2018 11:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Kings just love playing from behind.

daveshookme 04-11-2018 11:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Damn. Sorry Sarah, but I think I'm a LVGK fan for the playoffs.

https://deadspin.com/this-is-what-pl...ike-1825196421

dmbetc 04-12-2018 12:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 17061321)
Damn. Sorry Sarah, but I think I'm a LVGK fan for the playoffs.

https://deadspin.com/this-is-what-pl...ike-1825196421

:lol seriously? Their pre game was awful, itís like a circus.

dmbetc 04-12-2018 12:26 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Kings are not connecting on anything. Vegas has been the better team by far tonight.

And while Quick has made a lot of stellar saves, he’s not seeing the puck well tonight.

cry_minarets458 04-12-2018 12:37 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
If I didnít have a flight in 2 hours, it would have been hella cool to watch this game at a bar in Hamburg; if hockey is even a thing here, idk. Love watching the opening runs of the playoffs.


I feel like 3lieve would have been better than 3elieve lol. I get that theyíre saying the 3 looks like a B, but three can rhyme with the be in believe. Threelieve. Still pretty shitty tho lol

cry_minarets458 04-12-2018 12:42 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
The backread was fun. Only thing I wish to comment on was I think the two loudest reactions last year of Pens lifting the cup were MAF and Kessel. If my memory serves correctly.

Also MAFís tribute video from his return this year showed him hoisting each cup and in the parade. I donít think thereís any question both from fans and media alike that there would have been no cup without MAF last year.

BotheLaneFan 04-12-2018 12:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
THis is gonna be a long fucking series. Ugh.

dmbetc 04-12-2018 01:10 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061326)
Kings are not connecting on anything. Vegas has been the better team by far tonight.

And while Quick has made a lot of stellar saves, he’s not seeing the puck well tonight.

Alright Quick redeemed himself in the 3rd, he had me worried a few times.

Twice Kopitar had the puck in the slot and fucked around trying to get it to his backhand instead of just taking the shot. That was frustrating. Brown missed a wide open net. If they work on getting the puck to the net they will be fine. The Knights are too fast to try to do too much. Keep it simple.

Vegas was more physical, interested to see if they can keep that up. Kempe was the best skater, which surprised me. LaDue was terrible, they need Muzzin back.

dmbetc 04-12-2018 01:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Jesus, there were 68 hits from the Kings and 58 from Vegas.

jrkarger 04-12-2018 07:42 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Random thought: I wish the Jets would use the old school logo. But, as I type this I wonder do the Coyotes still own it?

CrushB610 04-12-2018 08:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Flyers best line last night was the 4th line :lol

I mean maybe getting an ass whopping like that is the best thing for them. They just werenít ready for playoff hockey it was clear from the start.

Dramageek 04-12-2018 08:33 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17061360)
Random thought: I wish the Jets would use the old school logo. But, as I type this I wonder do the Coyotes still own it?

I'm pretty sure the Coyotes still own it, unfortunately.

I'm also sure every NHL team is doing something nice for the Humboldt Broncos, but this was cool to see:

https://twitter.com/strazsr/status/9...57363912810496

TMoore4075 04-12-2018 08:46 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Go Wings!

barbogast 04-12-2018 09:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061229)
Curmudgeony old man post coming:

Everything about this Vegas pregame BS has irritated me. This is like a damn circus

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061325)
:lol seriously? Their pre game was awful, itís like a circus.

Nice to see someone else thinking clearly

barbogast 04-12-2018 09:05 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 17061392)
Flyers best line last night was the 4th line :lol

I mean maybe getting an ass whopping like that is the best thing for them. They just werenít ready for playoff hockey it was clear from the start.

One would hope they took it as a wake up call for sure. The good thing for the Flyers is this was just game one, if the Flyers can figure it out this game will feel like a distant memory in two weeks. Kevin said it best, if that happens again in game 2, then there is serious cause for concern. But like you said, they just weren't ready for the playoffs, and most likely it'll serve as a big time reality check and the rest of the series will be everything we're hoping it will be.

kev87lads 04-12-2018 09:12 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
^ Barbs gets it.

WAKE UP MATTY! The AVS HAVE A PLAYOFF GAME TONIGHT!

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 09:12 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061146)
I tried telling them but got laughed at

If it wasn't something to do with:
-Caps
-Flyer
-Penguins
-Chicago
-LA

or

Brad Marchand running someone

Did it really happen according to this thread? Nope. :lol

barbogast 04-12-2018 09:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17061428)
If it wasn't something to do with:
-Caps
-Flyer
-Penguins
-Chicago
-LA

or

Brad Marchand running someone

Did it really happen according to this thread? Nope. :lol

There are other teams in the NHL?

Roose13 04-12-2018 09:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
I see a lot of Zimas were had last night after I logged off :lol:lol

Didnít know how the media spotlights players is a reflection of a star playerís opinion of them.

Brohan_Santana 04-12-2018 09:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17061428)
If it wasn't something to do with:

-Caps

-Flyer

-Penguins

-Chicago

-LA



or



Brad Marchand running someone



Did it really happen according to this thread? Nope. :lol



You dumb? Got 2 great Avs & Wings fans.

We talked about VGK all year & thread title was titled on their behalf

Donít be so salty

Roose13 04-12-2018 10:04 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
You think a Bruins fan knows what happens in here before April?

aeroshady 04-12-2018 10:15 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)
 
I most enjoyed the Jets v Wild game last night. That will be a tight series. Kings and Knights game was too late for me to watch. Vegas seems to really love their team though. I am still impressed with how quickly I have gotten used to them being in the league. They fit right in.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.