Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 12-15-2016 10:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16667044)
I probably asked it the last time the Kings were there. Is it something to do with the lower bowl being corporate seats?

Yep. Guys that show up with 10 minutes left in the 1st and leave before the 3rd. Spend most of their time getting margaritas and shit.

barbogast 12-16-2016 04:20 AM

Cody Eakin :lol :lol

What the fuck was that

Lcsulla 12-16-2016 05:20 AM

Not even comparing the two by any means because Ovie is a sure fire hall of famer but damn do he and Panarin snipe virtually the same shot from the left dot area and the pathetic thing is that the opponents know it is coming and they can't do squat against the one time blasts.

TMoore4075 12-16-2016 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16667044)
I probably asked it the last time the Kings were there. Is it something to do with the lower bowl being corporate seats?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16667047)
Yep. Guys that show up with 10 minutes left in the 1st and leave before the 3rd. Spend most of their time getting margaritas and shit.

That's probably the biggest part why the lower bowl is pretty empty. I know the games I went to last year the upper bowl is near full and the lower was like half at face off. So weird looking. Add into the fact it was a mid-week game against the Kings and the Wings are sucking....people probably didn't want to go. I don't know if it was "sold out", as we all know sold tickets vs people actually showing is different, but they are starting to price people out. I usually go to 2-3 games a year and I couldn't get myself to do it this year. The games I was sort of ok with the price, weren't worth it to me. I could have seen the Sabres over my week off after christmas but I don't really want to see them. I'll suck it up for next year because I'll want to see the new arena but if the prices still stay there it'll be the one game and that's it. They better rethink their strategy if this team continues to go downhill.

lockman21 12-16-2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16667076)

What the fuck was that

Yeah, and on all people, Hank? I mean, I honestly am having a hard time thinking of someone around the league that garners more respect than Hank. Hossa? Idk. Who the fuck hits Lundqvist?

fonzz41 12-16-2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16667168)
Yeah, and on all people, Hank? I mean, I honestly am having a hard time thinking of someone around the league that garners more respect than Hank. Hossa? Idk. Who the fuck hits Lundqvist?

:lol Totally.

That's like this one time shortly before his retirement when someone hit Sakic pretty hard. By that point, he was at that revered state in his career where guys didn't even hit him; hard, at least. But this one guy just drilled him. I don't even remember who the guy was - some kid - and he was mugged right after it happened (I believe it was Lappy who did the mugging). I still remember the camera panning to his teammates, who were kind of looking at him like, "WTF did you just do?" :lol

There's only a handful of guys like that in the league at any given time, and Hank is one of them.

TMoore4075 12-16-2016 10:32 AM

Wings might suck, but Mrazek's Christmas helmet does not.

https://twitter.com/shelby_mann/stat...26856052621312

hailtopitt 12-16-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16667045)
I feel like I remember something like that.

time to get revenge on your Kings tonight :violent

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16667076)

What the fuck was that

If Eakin had not made the head the principal point of contact, and had not left his feet, I'd be okay with the hit. Goalies are too protected when it comes to being outside the crease. I'm not talking about Radko Gudas lining up for a hit on Quick or Price. I mean a little interference, like in a situation last night where Hank cut Eakin off and possessed the puck on his own. That's fair game. I think the borderline is Lucic's hit on Miller a couple of years ago. I'd say that's a penalty because of charging.

Last thing: it has to go both ways. You can't let Carey Price drop Chris Krieder behind the net when the puck isn't even close, and not call a penalty. And then turn around and call an interference penalty because a forward got knocked into a goalie. Either call it both ways, or not at all.

Also, speaking of respect. If Hank is an elder statesman who is respected around the league, then why did no one jump to his defense?

fonzz41 12-16-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16667572)
Also, speaking of respect. If Hank is an elder statesman who is respected around the league, then why did no one jump to his defense?

Yeah it took clear until the play stopped for Rick Nash to half-heartedly go at him.

I thought the same thing when Hoffman cross-checked Couture the other night.

Lcsulla 12-16-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16667181)
That's like this one time shortly before his retirement when someone hit Sakic pretty hard. By that point, he was at that revered state in his career where guys didn't even hit him; hard, at least. But this one guy just drilled him. I don't even remember who the guy was - some kid - and he was mugged right after it happened (I believe it was Lappy who did the mugging). I still remember the camera panning to his teammates, who were kind of looking at him like, "WTF did you just do?" :lol

There's only a handful of guys like that in the league at any given time, and Hank is one of them.

Yeah, I have a ton of respect for guys like that. Only an ass like say Ulf Samuelson (remember him? :lol) hits one of those guys who everyone respects. Maybe John Scott! lol

JRS1386 12-16-2016 01:48 PM

Damn Lunqvist got railed and not in the good way. I was half expecting #26 to grab Eakin from behind and start pummelling him, but nothing

fonzz41 12-16-2016 01:57 PM

I think I've already told you guys this, but growing up my dad always told me there's two situations where he's ok with me throwing the first punch:

1) If someone hits one of my sisters
2) If someone hits my goalie

dmbetc 12-16-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16667341)

Yeah, maybe your team can beat their shitty team this time.

barbogast 12-16-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16667572)
If Eakin had not made the head the principal point of contact, and had not left his feet, I'd be okay with the hit. Goalies are too protected when it comes to being outside the crease. I'm not talking about Radko Gudas lining up for a hit on Quick or Price. I mean a little interference, like in a situation last night where Hank cut Eakin off and possessed the puck on his own. That's fair game. I think the borderline is Lucic's hit on Miller a couple of years ago. I'd say that's a penalty because of charging.

Last thing: it has to go both ways. You can't let Carey Price drop Chris Krieder behind the net when the puck isn't even close, and not call a penalty. And then turn around and call an interference penalty because a forward got knocked into a goalie. Either call it both ways, or not at all.

As a general rule I agree goalies are over protected outside their crease. Specifically behind the net. However, you aren't allowed to do it, so it's a no brainer penalty. Considering how high he went and the fact that the head was the point of contact, that's the big problem for me. You can't hit anyone like that, but you especially can't hit the goalie like that.

And I also found it strange that there was such a delayed reaction from the Rangers on the ice. Soft team is soft, I guess.

hailtopitt 12-16-2016 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16667651)

you have such a warm disposition

dmbetc 12-16-2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16667168)

Who would want to hurt that beautiful face?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16667338)
Wings might suck, but Mrazek's Christmas helmet does not.

https://twitter.com/shelby_mann/stat...26856052621312

Amazing.

lockman21 12-16-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16667645)
I think I've already told you guys this, but growing up my dad always told me there's two situations where he's ok with me throwing the first punch:

1) If someone hits one of my sisters
2) If someone hits my goalie

:lol Yep.

4 game suspension is pretty significant, too. Considering Eakin has no history and Hank wasn't injured.

barbogast 12-16-2016 04:37 PM

He got 4 games? I hadn't seen that yet. Yeah that's actually pretty lengthy by NHL standards

Dramageek 12-16-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16667651)

Nope! But I'll take the loser point.

dmbetc 12-16-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16667341)

maybe next time :)

Brohan_Santana 12-17-2016 06:31 AM

Does anyone else wish we had exit velocity on SOG in real time for hockey? I feel like that would be perfect addition. A little difficult to angle radar's but would def make everything a little more interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roose13 12-17-2016 06:48 AM

Or an even better idea. They put a blue ring around the puck, but when it's shot, it changes to red. Would be so cool.

JRS1386 12-17-2016 09:36 AM

What if they had a puck that glowed on TV? That would be so rad

Roose13 12-17-2016 09:58 AM

We could call it FoxTrax, you know, because Fox is the world-wide leader in airing NHL games these days.

Lcsulla 12-17-2016 06:17 PM

Good game in St. Louis, they have a damn good team. Frustrating to lose Anisimov but having Toews, Kane and Panarin on the same line is dangerous for any opposition.

The Blue's go ahead goal may have been one of the most fluky goals I have ever seen, a pass hits the blade of a broken stick lying on the ice and redirects into the Chicago net. Ugh.

Almost felt bad for Shwartz at one point, I know he is a solid players but unless you are Crosby or Gretzky there is a good chance you are not going to stickhandle to the net through Toews, Keith and Hjarlmasson on your own without one of them taking the puck away! :lol

Wow, just as I finished typing that Kane ties it up burying a breakaway! Nice!!!

TheLastPig 12-17-2016 10:39 PM

Caps twitter just embarassing again.. read the thread from this tweet

https://twitter.com/capitals/status/810290337231081472

Roose13 12-18-2016 05:23 AM

All good things must come to an end. Let's win 10 more again.

rconverse 12-18-2016 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16668042)
Good game in St. Louis, they have a damn good team. Frustrating to lose Anisimov but having Toews, Kane and Panarin on the same line is dangerous for any opposition.

The Blue's go ahead goal may have been one of the most fluky goals I have ever seen, a pass hits the blade of a broken stick lying on the ice and redirects into the Chicago net. Ugh.

Almost felt bad for Shwartz at one point, I know he is a solid players but unless you are Crosby or Gretzky there is a good chance you are not going to stickhandle to the net through Toews, Keith and Hjarlmasson on your own without one of them taking the puck away! :lol

Wow, just as I finished typing that Kane ties it up burying a breakaway! Nice!!!

Hawks !!!

barbogast 12-18-2016 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16668093)
Caps twitter just embarassing again.. read the thread from this tweet

https://twitter.com/capitals/status/810290337231081472

I'm not well versed enough in twitter and all that snazzy youth lingo stuff, what exactly am I looking at here? What did they do that is so boneheaded?