Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 03-23-2016 07:35 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Starting with tonight ^

cooke726 03-23-2016 08:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
anyone see that diving stop by GhostBear to keep Columbus from clearing the puck at the end of the third? Damn that dude is fun to watch!

watching the flyers in a shootout is painful.

barbogast 03-23-2016 08:37 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooke726 (Post 16343701)
anyone see that diving stop by GhostBear to keep Columbus from clearing the puck at the end of the third? Damn that dude is fun to watch!

watching the flyers in a shootout is painful.

I did see that. Looked like a shortstop. Good stuff.

fonzz41 03-23-2016 08:42 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
E tu, LA?

Come on good teams, help a brother out!

Harrycaray 03-23-2016 09:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16343516)
Again Wings can't take care of their own business. Flyers choked amazingly last night and you can't take advantage. Wings have a 3 game home stand and need to take all of them to have a chance. It's gonna come down to that Wings/Flyers game in the last week I think, barring the Bruins total collapse. Which hey...I can dream.



Det needs to step it up.. Sadly they are so easy to defend.. breakouts they do a three pass and the final pass is through the slot. which is easy to defend and other teams are doin it. the times they try to go up middle or boards its a pussy shot that the other team stops and keeps in zone/poss.

kronwall and ericsson look so slow and lost i cant stand it. kronner had regressed in skill 10fold. again he takes a penalty on a pkill. that had to be the second time in three games he did that. hell half the guys arent moving their feet even on a breakout. too much standing around and watching.

They are so predictable in the ozone too. they usually try to go outside and then throw the puck to the center like its nhl 1994 on snes. every fucking time. its so hard to watch.

I have played hockey for twenty years and now I am a coach and not saying that means dick but just for idea of what i was taught and for how long. what i see is Det is lacking so many fundementals its sickening to watch. Breakouts, regroups, taking away passing lanes, keeping opp wide, situational dump outs...

The thing i hate most is the repititiveness.. on our board we have written the quote of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expectin different results. Det is sadly trying to force pucks when noone is up the middle and trying to do the same breakout everytime regardless of the opp postioning. Hockey is about "angles, and reading and reacting".

Sadly I think the streak ends this year...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeroshady 03-23-2016 09:30 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrycaray (Post 16343804)
Det needs to step it up.. Sadly they are so easy to defend.. breakouts they do a three pass and the final pass is through the slot. which is easy to defend and other teams are doin it. the times they try to go up middle or boards its a pussy shot that the other team stops and keeps in zone/poss.

kronwall and ericsson look so slow and lost i cant stand it. kronner had regressed in skill 10fold. again he takes a penalty on a pkill. that had to be the second time in three games he did that. hell half the guys arent moving their feet even on a breakout. too much standing around and watching.

They are so predictable in the ozone too. they usually try to go outside and then throw the puck to the center like its nhl 1994 on snes. every fucking time. its so hard to watch.

I have played hockey for twenty years and now I am a coach and not saying that means dick but just for idea of what i was taught and for how long. what i see is Det is lacking so many fundementals its sickening to watch. Breakouts, regroups, taking away passing lanes, keeping opp wide, situational dump outs...

The thing i hate most is the repititiveness.. on our board we have written the quote of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expectin different results. Det is sadly trying to force pucks when noone is up the middle and trying to do the same breakout everytime regardless of the opp postioning. Hockey is about "angles, and reading and reacting".

Sadly I think the streak ends this year...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy, another Wings fan has arrived.

Wings are definitely the closest they have been to missing out. Hopefully my Rangers can help you out with a win tonight!

Side note: I never understood the Cubs fans that are Wings fans as well.

TMoore4075 03-23-2016 09:39 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Go Rangers!

kev87lads 03-23-2016 11:07 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16343876)
Go Rangers!

We finally agree.

dmbetc 03-23-2016 11:21 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16343747)
E tu, LA?

Come on good teams, help a brother out!

Wasn't for a lack of trying, Dubnyk stood on his head last night.

~Crashintome89~ 03-23-2016 11:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16343339)
Dumbass.

love you too, boo.

kev87lads 03-23-2016 12:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16344144)
love you too, boo.

:banned :trap

aeroshady 03-23-2016 01:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16343340)
I also hope the Rangers beat the piss out of the Bruins tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16343610)
I wasn't aware they blew a lead like that, just saw the final. :lol yikes

Still, the Wings are playing like they don't want it either. That's a really bad result for them last night too.

I want both of y'all to get in. Let's just hope the Bruins pretty much lose out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16343876)
Go Rangers!

Feeling the love and support for tonight's game! Lets go Rangers! More than just your fans to represent tonight!


P.S. Barbs, I took you saying the Bruins should lose out as you pulling for the Rangers tonight. Thanks for all the support!

dmbetc 03-23-2016 01:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I miss J. Williams so much :lorraine:lorraine
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDR377VqH4t/?taken-by=nhl

hailtopitt 03-23-2016 01:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16344407)
I miss J. Williams so much :lorraine:lorraine
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDR377VqH4t/?taken-by=nhl

:lol:lol

aeroshady 03-23-2016 01:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16344407)
I miss J. Williams so much :lorraine:lorraine
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDR377VqH4t/?taken-by=nhl

:thumbsup You may get to see him in June...

dmbetc 03-23-2016 02:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16344412)
:thumbsup You may get to see him in June...

I thought I predicted Caps/Kings Final earlier than this but here is from early January

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16245226)
Kings Caps is going to be a fun Final. Game 7 winning goal will go to Williams and LA hearts will be broken forever.


unccrombie 03-23-2016 02:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16344412)
:thumbsup You may get to see him in June...

on the golf course

aeroshady 03-23-2016 02:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16344476)
I thought I predicted Caps/Kings Final earlier than this but here is from early January

:lol awesome.

Has a really good chance of those two teams being there in the end. Then again, anything can happen in the playoffs.

aeroshady 03-23-2016 02:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Updated the Avatar for the playoffs. BTW. How do I make the Avatar bigger like everyone else did?

unccrombie 03-23-2016 02:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16344502)
Updated the Avatar for the playoffs. BTW. How do I make the Avatar bigger like everyone else did?

donate to Ants...
Ants+

dmbetc 03-23-2016 02:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16344478)
on the golf course

:lol probably, at least the Kings
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16344486)
:lol awesome.

Has a really good chance of those two teams being there in the end. Then again, anything can happen in the playoffs.

I was more confident in January of the Kings going to the Finals than I am now. Even though they seem to be clicking on all sides of the ice, it feels like the are missing a piece to go all the way. Maybe I'm just being cautious.

Although, Dowd looked very good in his debut last night, I think they will keep him in the roster and send down Shore. We will also have to see how Gaborik is when he returns. Quick is playing his best (aside from the last two games), Doughty playing his best, Toffoli...Lucic has really melded well with the team. They have all the right pieces but I feel they are going to fall short.

aeroshady 03-23-2016 02:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16344507)
donate to Ants...
Ants+

Ah, got it. Unfortunately, not an option right now. Smaller size will have to do!

dmbetc 03-23-2016 02:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16344502)
Updated the Avatar for the playoffs. BTW. How do I make the Avatar bigger like everyone else did?

Give us your money.

dmbetc 03-23-2016 02:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'll change my avatar when the playoffs actually start up.

~Crashintome89~ 03-23-2016 02:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16344514)
Smaller size will have to do!

not a surprise for a Rangers fan. :rolleyes

aeroshady 03-23-2016 02:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16344512)
:lol probably, at least the Kings

I was more confident in January of the Kings going to the Finals than I am now. Even though they seem to be clicking on all sides of the ice, it feels like the are missing a piece to go all the way. Maybe I'm just being cautious.

Although, Dowd looked very good in his debut last night, I think they will keep him in the roster and send down Shore. We will also have to see how Gaborik is when he returns. Quick is playing his best (aside from the last two games), Doughty playing his best, Toffoli...Lucic has really melded well with the team. They have all the right pieces but I feel they are going to fall short.

It is funny, because when I watch the Kings play the Rangers I hate them soooo much; but only because it reminds me of what the Rangers are not. That and they keep crushing the Rangers after going down early in every game against them.

The Kings are very good. I have watched them a lot over the last week. They are honestly my pick in the West right now. Yes the Ducks, Blues, Stars and Hawks are good too. Really, the Hawks are the only team that I think could beat LA, and so far they have not been able to.

If the Kings were wearing Rangers jerseys, I would be saving money to go to the finals.

aeroshady 03-23-2016 02:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16344529)
not a surprise for a Rangers fan. :rolleyes

Well played :lol:hump

unccrombie 03-23-2016 02:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16344529)
not a surprise for a Rangers fan. :rolleyes

:lol :lol

aeroshady 03-23-2016 02:34 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16344516)
Give us your money.

Something I will consider when I am no longer a student in a year!

dmbetc 03-23-2016 02:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16344530)
It is funny, because when I watch the Kings play the Rangers I hate them soooo much; but only because it reminds me of what the Rangers are not. That and they keep crushing the Rangers after going down early in every game against them.

The Kings are very good. I have watched them a lot over the last week. They are honestly my pick in the West right now. Yes the Ducks, Blues, Stars and Hawks are good too. Really, the Hawks are the only team that I think could beat LA, and so far they have not been able to.

If the Kings were wearing Rangers jerseys, I would be saving money to go to the finals.

I'm just over critical of them, as I'm sure you understand. I can understand you hating them, If I wasn't a Kings fan and only a Rangers fan, I'd hate them too. It's honestly hard for me to even think of myself as a Rangers fan anymore as I'm so detached from them. It's funny how it switched by me moving to LA. Before I was die hard NY with Kings as a fun team to cheer for. Now I'm all about LA and am so out of touch with NY.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.