Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Brohan_Santana 03-13-2016 09:30 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16333038)
:lol now?? Wow

Does this mean anything for Wideman other than having his record show a 10 game instead of 20 game suspension?

He should get pay for the other 9 games. So instead of missing 20 games of pay its just 10. 9 games of pay is roughly half a million dollars for him

Brohan_Santana 03-13-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16333086)
http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/hockey/nh...ator-1.3487475

Wideman has already served 19 games of the suspension, so while he won't get the extra nine games back, he will only forfeit $282,258.06 US in salary to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund, instead of the original $564,516.13.

nvm to above...didn't read

Brohan_Santana 03-13-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16334151)
Not so good last night in San Jose. No surprise there. I hate that building.

The Caps have not played with a lead for 5 consecutive games now. Not the best time to be playing their worst hockey of the season, but they've still got a month to figure this out.

Rough west coast swing for the Caps. Historically they've never played very well on the West coast. Not an excuse but at least they're not pooping the bed at home?

Right now all the "good" teams in the NHL have been very inconsistent recently. Hawks have played .500 hockey over their past 20 or so games. Panthers lost the Atlantic lead to the lowly B's. Bruins are a very inconsistent team overall. Wings aren't getting results. Stars have heated up recently but they're still very inconsistent at times. Kings haven't been playing very well, losing to the Devils at home last night. Isles lost Halak and have been very streaky lately.

Flyers making their yearly push in March. Always seems like they get hot in March to get close to contention and then fizzle out by April

Hopefully returning to home for the Caps will get the ball rolling again...

JRS1386 03-13-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16334180)
Rough west coast swing for the Caps. Historically they've never played very well on the West coast. Not an excuse but at least they're not pooping the bed at home?

Right now all the "good" teams in the NHL have been very inconsistent recently. Hawks have played .500 hockey over their past 20 or so games. Panthers lost the Atlantic lead to the lowly B's. Bruins are a very inconsistent team overall. Wings aren't getting results. Stars have heated up recently but they're still very inconsistent at times. Kings haven't been playing very well, losing to the Devils at home last night. Isles lost Halak and have been very streaky lately.

Flyers making their yearly push in March. Always seems like they get hot in March to get close to contention and then fizzle out by April

Hopefully returning to home for the Caps will get the ball rolling again...

Even if this is the case I would be upset but not as much as past seasons. The Flyers were not supposed to be playoff contenders this year. However, this team does not seem like a team that is just merely playing hot. This team seams like a team who has come into their own. With Pittsburgh losing Malkin for the regular season the Flyers chances have just gotten a lot better.

TMoore4075 03-13-2016 10:05 AM

Kronwall 1-3 weeks with knee sprain. Fuck! Here is hoping for 1.

Brohan_Santana 03-13-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16334184)
Even if this is the case I would be upset but not as much as past seasons. The Flyers were not supposed to be playoff contenders this year. However, this team does not seem like a team that is just merely playing hot. This team seams like a team who has come into their own. With Pittsburgh losing Malkin for the regular season the Flyers chances have just gotten a lot better.

I do agree to an extent. If they make the playoffs or not they have made better strides a a team this year, with Giroux and Voracek under performing for at least half of the year.

Sean Coutourier is the key to that time I think. When he was out the Flyers were giving up goals on goals from all over the ice specifically the blue line. When he is in the LU it's a completely different team.

Flyers season I think boils down to the next 4 games. They play the Wings, Hawks, Penguins & Isles. If they can get 5 or 6 points out of those next 4 games I think they have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. If they can only come up with 2 or 3 it's hard to see them making it. Especially when they finish the season @Pit, @Det, Tor, Pit, NYI. The fact that they do play the Pens 2 times in the last couple games they could make up ground for sure, but the next 4 games are crucial for them.

aeroshady 03-13-2016 11:59 AM

Rangers suck again. Can't believe they lost both of those games.

kev87lads 03-13-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16334260)

Flyers fans can't either. Jerks.

Lcsulla 03-13-2016 03:55 PM

Cannot imagine St. Louis can keep up this level of play much longer. They are playing amazing despite so many injuries. I do not think they have what it takes to win a cup just yet but damn are they playing well lately!

unccrombie 03-13-2016 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16334260)

going in to a very tough Cali run with no momentum.

lockman21 03-13-2016 06:29 PM

lol Rangers fans might hit the panic button faster than Hawks fans

aeroshady 03-13-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16334647)

We also don't have 3 recent cups to fall back on haha.

They said, I am in Chicago for the Hawks game tomorrow! Went to the Blackhawks store today. Nice store! Very overpriced though!

kev87lads 03-13-2016 07:27 PM

Ok Leafs. That's what we like to see.

~Crashintome89~ 03-13-2016 08:49 PM

Thanks Jonathan Bernier. You're the best!!

barbogast 03-14-2016 06:28 AM

Didn't realize we were already to playoffs in the fantasy league. That snuck up fast

Lcsulla 03-14-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

No panic at all here, just a curiosity about where they will be seeded come playoff time. Every team hits rough patches in a long season, glad the Hawks are hitting theirs at this point - Hossa getting back in the mix, integrating Ladd, Weise, Ehrhoff and Fleischmann to the system, not to mention Kruger will likely be back for the playoffs to center the fourth line and add some physical presence to help out Shaw, Mashinter and Ladd in that department. Just have to get in in gear for the stretch before the first round. Gonna be a good measuring stick tonight facing LA.

fonzz41 03-14-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16334854)
Didn't realize we were already to playoffs in the fantasy league. That snuck up fast

Prepare for some weak title defense from me!

barbogast 03-14-2016 08:47 AM

Ilya Kovalchuk got benched again :lol :lol

barbogast 03-14-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16334995)

Oh I fully expect I'll lose my first matchup. True to form.

lockman21 03-14-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16334931)
No panic at all here, just a curiosity about where they will be seeded come playoff time. Every team hits rough patches in a long season, glad the Hawks are hitting theirs at this point - Hossa getting back in the mix, integrating Ladd, Weise, Ehrhoff and Fleischmann to the system, not to mention Kruger will likely be back for the playoffs to center the fourth line and add some physical presence to help out Shaw, Mashinter and Ladd in that department. Just have to get in in gear for the stretch before the first round. Gonna be a good measuring stick tonight facing LA.

Not picking on you, this thread just notoriously has had a couple fans that freak out whenever a losing streak happens.

Lcsulla 03-14-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Not so good last night in San Jose. No surprise there. I hate that building.

The Caps have not played with a lead for 5 consecutive games now. Not the best time to be playing their worst hockey of the season, but they've still got a month to figure this out.

They are still the team to beat in the east. Come playoff time though it all goes out the window because it is almost a new season. If they can get the puck to Ovi to shoot on net (whether he scores or simply causes a rebound that can be cashed in) they will keep on rolling. Conversely if they play a team with a solid D than can shut down his lanes they may be in for an early exit. Playoff hockey is a royal pain to predict so even great teams like the Caps, Stars, Rangers, Hawks, Kings or Ducks could go either way - an advance to the finals would be doable but on the other side of the coin I could see any of those teams make an early exit if they cool off against a hot team. Again, who the heck knows, I am no Miss Cleo!

TMoore4075 03-14-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16334995)

The nice thing if my team loses this week....no need to worry about setting my lineup.

TMoore4075 03-14-2016 10:06 AM

Tomorrow's game is huge. Not that the Wings would be done if they lose but need the win to put some space there. Will get the first look at Anthony Mantha tomorrow night too.

Lcsulla 03-14-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16335078)
Not picking on you, this thread just notoriously has had a couple fans that freak out whenever a losing streak happens.

Never assumed you were. It is a long season and becomes a grind because the players take a beating plus the teams have to worry about injuries and too much ice time for their key guys. It is natural that even the better teams have cold streaks. Admittedly I hate loosing streaks as much as anyone but I know they can turn be turned around in a game or two. Teams are never as good as they look on their best day nor are they as bad as they look on their worst day.

dmbetc 03-14-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

They are just getting ready for their shallow playoff run!

dmbetc 03-14-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16334854)

I squeaked into the playoffs!

kev87lads 03-14-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16335114)
Tomorrow's game is huge. Not that the Wings would be done if they lose but need the win to put some space there. Will get the first look at Anthony Mantha tomorrow night too.

Yeah it f'n is!

Voracek will still be out. But they are 5-1-1 w/o him from what I read.

TMoore4075 03-14-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16335224)
Yeah it f'n is!

Voracek will still be out. But they are 5-1-1 w/o him from what I read.

Wings just need to find a way to score for my sake. I can't complain too much about the way they've played since after the first period against the Jets. Excited to see Mantha play though.

unccrombie 03-14-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

definitely just Greg.

aeroshady 03-14-2016 04:38 PM

^ truth haha

Also, I am at the Hawks/Kings game at the United Center! So excited to be here! Got a free replica of the United Center as a give away. High class here in Chicago!