Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 02-25-2016 05:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by bothebradyfan (Post 16314747)
bow down to the kings.

fyp.......

BotheLaneFan 02-25-2016 05:47 PM

Wrong. You didn't make my post anything but utter garbage. I hope you stub your toe.

JRS1386 02-25-2016 06:56 PM

Not sure how I feel about the trade. Seems steep but the Jets keeping some money on the deal is a nice bump

Lcsulla 02-25-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16314704)
Amazing deal, but a steep price that's more than worth it if you win the cup.

Are Fraser and Harrison worth anything? They are coming back with Ladd.

Not all that steep a price IMO, especially since Winnipeg is eating over a third of Ladd's salary. Not bad for a rental come crunch time. Also like how Ladd plays physical up top like Shaw. Now you look at the Hawks lines when Hossa Returns

Ladd/Toews/Hossa
Panarin/Anisimov/Kane
Shaw/Desjardins/Teravainen
Rasmussen/Panik/Mashinter - Slot Kruger in the 4 line center when he comes back as well.

Q switches it up a lot so don't quote me on anything but the first two lines! :lol

Not sure about Fraser and Harrison, both are headed to Rockford.

JRS1386 02-25-2016 07:25 PM

Holy fucking tits, Neuvy

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14847663

barbogast 02-25-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16314846)

:lol I love the reaction from the Wild players. Awesome

JRS1386 02-25-2016 08:01 PM

I love the way Neuvy gets up like fuck you all im a boss

Lcsulla 02-26-2016 06:05 AM

Wow, bad night for the Central when the three top teams all loose. Nashville and Colorado are right back in the mix now. Hopefully Ladd will fit right in and CHI can beat CO on Sunday and pick up 2 points.

Roose13 02-26-2016 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16314846)

What a fucking save. They should honestly just role with him as the starter this year from here on out. I wouldn't be shocked if they try to trade Mason with Stolarz looking close to being NHL ready.

TMoore4075 02-26-2016 06:17 AM

Great night for my Wings though. Canes, Devils and Sens who are on their tail, lost. I'll take all the help I can get. Wings need to take care of their own business now. Battle of the fugliness on Saturday.

fonzz41 02-26-2016 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16315029)
Wow, bad night for the Central when the three top teams all loose. Nashville and Colorado are right back in the mix now. Hopefully Ladd will fit right in and CHI can beat CO on Sunday and pick up 2 points.

Unless STL loses out and COL/NAS go on a tear, I think the top 3 in the Central are pretty set. Especially with only 20 games left. Might be some shuffling of the order of those top 3, but I don't think the Preds and Avs are going to overtake one of them.

I used to at least want the Avs to get into the 1st Wild Card spot rather than the second, but if Dallas can hold on to that top spot in the West, I'd kinda almost prefer the Avs stayed at #8. I'd much rather face the Stars in the first round than the Kings.

hailtopitt 02-26-2016 07:45 AM

Penguins just locked up Olli Maata to a 6 year/$24.5 million extension

love this signing. really happy for Olli too. he earned it :thumbsup

hailtopitt 02-26-2016 07:47 AM

Penguins just locked up Olli Maata to a 6 year/$24.5 million extension

love this signing. really happy for Olli too. he earned it :thumbsup

fonzz41 02-26-2016 07:52 AM

Reading those headlines of Foote saying he wants to punch Draper in the face, I thought for sure he was joking. But then I went and listened to the interview, and he sounds halfway serious. :lol

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...game&id=573701

fonzz41 02-26-2016 08:00 AM

Reading those headlines of Foote saying he wants to punch Draper in the face, I thought for sure he was joking. But then I went and listened to the interview, and he sounds halfway serious. :lol Not like he's going to go out looking for someone to hit, but the guys asked him who he would punch in the face on the Wings if he had to pick one, and he gave an honest answer.

lockman21 02-26-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16315264)
Reading those headlines of Foote saying he wants to punch Draper in the face, I thought for sure he was joking. But then I went and listened to the interview, and he sounds halfway serious. :lol Not like he's going to go out looking for someone to hit, but the guys asked him who he would punch in the face on the Wings if he had to pick one, and he gave an honest answer.

:lol I was just gonna post that for you.

Lcsulla 02-26-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16315145)
Unless STL loses out and COL/NAS go on a tear, I think the top 3 in the Central are pretty set. Especially with only 20 games left. Might be some shuffling of the order of those top 3, but I don't think the Preds and Avs are going to overtake one of them.

I agree with this, gonna be a shuffle for the top slot. Be a fun 20 games. Being a complete homer I want the Hawks to overtake the top slot so they play a lesser ranked WC team. Truthfully, it would not surprise me if the Central got 2 WC slots!

barbogast 02-26-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16315393)
I agree with this, gonna be a shuffle for the top slot. Be a fun 20 games. Being a complete homer I want the Hawks to overtake the top slot so they play a lesser ranked WC team. Truthfully, it would not surprise me if the Central got 2 WC slots!

It would surprise if they didn't. The pacific is terrible.

Lcsulla 02-26-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16314704)
Are Fraser and Harrison worth anything? They are coming back with Ladd.

I could see Harrison slotting up on the third defensive pairing to give the first two D pairs some needed time off. Fraser is a little tricky, he should see some ice time on the 3rd of 4th line because he is a pretty good player who would have more points if Winnipeg didn't suck! :lol

If anyone gets injured I would expect to see both of them get more ice time as well.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16315507)
It would surprise if they didn't. The pacific is terrible.

Well, yeah there is that, outside of LA, Anaheim and San Jose they are pretty bad!

fonzz41 02-26-2016 10:09 AM

Yep, Foote and Draper looking pretty pissed at each other:
https://twitter.com/adater/status/703277066871910400

Or maybe it's one of those smile-on-the-outside-for-appearances things, when really, they're muttering under their breath to each other.

Draper: "I heard what you said about me, ass hole. I'd love to see you try."
Foote: <chuckles> "Yeah, just wait."

TMoore4075 02-26-2016 10:30 AM

Draper is probably still pretty fast. He'll fly by Foote and his nose.

TMoore4075 02-26-2016 10:37 AM

Tomorrow the 20 year anniversary of Gretzky traded to the Blues. So weird to think of him as a Blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnkOZtJxyD0

Lcsulla 02-26-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16315616)
Tomorrow the 20 year anniversary of Gretzky traded to the Blues. So weird to think of him as a Blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnkOZtJxyD0

No idea how that team didn't advance very far. Top line of Gretzky, Hull and Brendan Shanahan with Al MacInnis and Chris Pronger backing them up along with Grant Fuhr in net. Not all that much depth but still, those guys ALL knew how to get it done.

Edmonton reached out to Chicago per ESPN offering 25 years old D man Justin Shultz for prospects and a draft pick or 2. Depending on cap space that would be a nice addition.

~Crashintome89~ 02-26-2016 11:01 AM

looks like chicago wants some lower d Depth. They were interested in Hamhuis but that's cooled.

TMoore4075 02-26-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16315652)
No idea how that team didn't advance very far. Top line of Gretzky, Hull and Brendan Shanahan with Al MacInnis and Pronger backing them up along with Fuhr in net. Not all that much depth but still, those guys ALL knew how to get it done.

Edmonton reached out to Chicago per ESPN offering 25 years old D man Justin Shultz for prospects and a draft pick or 2. Depending on cap space that would be a nice addition.

Shanny wasn't there but yeah good team. I would say cause of no Grant Fuhr but Jon Casey was amazing for them. Ran into a better Red Wings team and then this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwr4dyu8-o

As for Justin Schultz, he'd be a little reclamation project for whoever, but a team like Chicago, or any better and more successful team, is where he needs to go.

Lcsulla 02-26-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16315662)
looks like chicago wants some lower d Depth. They were interested in Hamhuis but that's cooled.

Yeah, they don't necessarily need it as bad as some other teams but adding another guy would be nice if they can swing it without a big cap hit. Rozi has been playing great lately, Keith and Seabrook are stars, TVR is getting better with each game, Svedberg is starting to make an impact while Hjalmarsson keeps growing and blocking every damn shot in sight, not to mention they have Gustafsson to slot in almost anywhere. They don't really need another D man but I would not complain if they added a young guy like Shultz.

lockman21 02-26-2016 11:14 AM

This is gettin crazy AND I LIKE IT

Lcsulla 02-26-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16315677)
Shanny wasn't there but yeah good team. I would say cause of no Grant Fuhr but Jon Casey was amazing for them. Ran into a better Red Wings team and then this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwr4dyu8-o

As for Justin Schultz, he'd be a little reclamation project for whoever, but a team like Chicago, or any better and more successful team, is where he needs to go.

You are right, my bad. I forgot they traded Shanahan to Hartford during the offseason. Fuhr started 79 games for them and won 30 so it wasn't really until the playoffs that Casey stood out.

Completely agree on Shulz, Chicago would be a great fit with guys like Keith and Seabrook mentoring and helping him along.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16315688)
This is gettin crazy AND I LIKE IT

Makes two of us!

mr.MikeD 02-26-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16315652)
No idea how that team didn't advance very far. Top line of Gretzky, Hull and Brendan Shanahan with Al MacInnis and Chris Pronger backing them up along with Grant Fuhr in net. Not all that much depth but still, those guys ALL knew how to get it done.

If you like always-out-of-position defensemen, you couldn't ask for a better deal.
Watch though, he's going to be a star when he leaves here.

Lcsulla 02-26-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16315783)
If you like always-out-of-position defensemen, you couldn't ask for a better deal.
Watch though, he's going to be a star when he leaves here.

I am not that familiar with his play to be honest but out of position guys who make mental mistakes drive me insane. It is even worse with the Hawks due to Crawford's occasional brain farts!