Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 06:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777481)
this...what a bitch ass pussy...typical

fuck off, your AHL tough guy picked on a guy who has never had a fight in the NHL. Big tough guy. He got a nice little taste of his own medicine.

Farnham should have gotten an extra two for taking off his helmet.

aeroshady 01-21-2015 06:58 AM

Rangers kept it going last night! One point behind Pitt with a game at hand! Closing in on the Icelanders!

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777489)
fuck off, your AHL tough guy picked on a guy who has never had a fight in the NHL. Big tough guy. He got a nice little taste of his own medicine.

Farnham should have gotten an extra two for taking off his helmet.

i'm just going to pretend that you aren't serious right now because that would be the only logical thing

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777511)
i'm just going to pretend that you aren't serious right now because that would be the only logical thing

What? Am I hurting your feelings by telling the truth? Farnham was called up for some little dancing, right? Well, if you're going to dance, pick a proper partner. He didn't do it, and paid for it.

Also, I've said nothing about the Rinaldo hit because it was classless, late, and dirty. So don't try and lump in my opinion of the game with what Rinaldo did.

You know why the Pens have lost six straight against the Flyers? It's because they get sucked into the emotion. The Pens lose their shit every time the Flyers play. All they have to do is walk away every time the whistle blows, and they never do.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777524)
What? Am I hurting your feelings by telling the truth? Farnham was called up for some little dancing, right? Well, if you're going to dance, pick a proper partner. He didn't do it, and paid for it.

Also, I've said nothing about the Rinaldo hit because it was classless, late, and dirty. So don't try and lump in my opinion of the game with what Rinaldo did.

You know why the Pens have lost six straight against the Flyers? It's because they get sucked into the emotion. The Pens lose their shit every time the Flyers play. All they have to do is walk away every time the whistle blows, and they never do.

at least Farnham properly challenged the guy, unlike Voracek who literally attacked Scuderi from behind after a perfectly legal and clean hip check. and at least Scuderi turned around and fought like a man.

yea, the penguins are going to get sucked into the emotions when their star defenseman gets blind sided and the flyers start acting like fools. the difference this year is that the penguins completely outplayed the flyers last night, with a JV squad i might add. Johnston won't go the Bylsma route, which played into the Flyers hands before.

we'll be getting "sucked in" to a first round matchup in April while the Flyers try to figure out how to build a blue line that can actually win instead of building a team that gets under the Penguins skin

im ok with that trade off

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:38 AM

want some cheese with that whine?

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:41 AM

:lol that's what i thought, typical response

hey man, hats off to the Flyers, they keep beating the penguins and good for them. doesn't really change anything i said though

would love Matty's take on the game if he's seen highlights yet

Rebecca De Mornay 01-21-2015 07:47 AM

what exactly happened in the pens/flyers game last night? i saw a bunch of tweets about it, anything worth watching?

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:48 AM

Pens fans melting are the best kind of fans.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15777661)
what exactly happened in the pens/flyers game last night? i saw a bunch of tweets about it, anything worth watching?

if you like goonery, then yea

if you like hockey, then no

basically Rinaldo cheap shotted Letang from behind into the boards...craziness ensued, 93 penalty minutes combined

game took over 3 hours to play because of the clown shit

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:49 AM

:lol hats off to the flyers=melting

love it!

Rebecca De Mornay 01-21-2015 07:50 AM

i know they are rivals but was there some kind of lead up to this?
i remember someone posting or tweeting yesterday that they expected this to happen.

also, Rinaldo and Voracek are shit.

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15777661)

Dumb, dangerous, blindside Rinaldo hit on Letang.

Four fights, including Pierre E. Bellemare fighting in his first NHL fight against a AHL goon and popping him right in the button. A long bout between Downie and Luke Schenn, Jake Voracek standing up for himself and fighting Scuderi, and one other I'm forgetting.

Pens should have smoked the Flyers, but they did nothing on their six powerplays. Went to overtime, Giroux with the GWG with a minute left.

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15777673)
i remember someone posting or tweeting yesterday that they expected this to happen.

yeah, pens called up two of their AHL goons but apparently it's the Flyers fault.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-21-2015 07:52 AM

whatever, i hate both teams. hopefully they both tank after this.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15777673)

yea p much

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777674)

Four fights, including Pierre E. Bellemare fighting in his first NHL fight against a AHL goon and popping him right in the button. A long bout between Downie and Luke Schenn, Jake Voracek standing up for himself and fighting Scuderi, and one other I'm forgetting.

Pens should have smoked the Flyers, but they did nothing on their six powerplays. Went to overtime, Giroux with the GWG with a minute left.

the bolded is seriously laughable, and the fact that flyers fans really believe this is sad

since when is it ok to attack someone because you suck at skating and he hit you with a CLEAN hip check?

am i missing something?

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777679)
yeah, pens called up two of their AHL goons but apparently it's the Flyers fault.

Farnham has been a contributor before last night btw

and the Flyers don't have to call up goons because they are already on the roster

and yes, it was clearly the Flyers fault

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:56 AM

Voracek sucking at skating. :lol :lol :lol

just because a hit is clean doesn't mean it should have happened. Hip checks can be dangerous if not executed properly. If you watch the video, you actually see the principle point of contact is the hip, but Voracek's knee gets caught as well. He also got flipped over and if he hadn't landed on Scuds he could have been injured. Voracek intially thought the hit was dangerous, which is why he reacted like that--I have no problem with him dropping the mitts. Are you seriously going to tell me that you won't let Malkin or Crosby stand up for himself on a hit they might think is dangerous? You're outta your mind.

And it's not like Voracek punched him in the back of the head or anything. He grabbed him, spun him around and said let's go. All is fair.

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:57 AM

besides Rinaldo, who's the other goons on the Flyers?

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 07:59 AM

yes the Flyers are goons but the Penguins lead the league in majors penalties with 29, including 9 game misconducts. But yeah, the Flyers are total dirtbags with their one game misconduct. Got it, bud.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 07:59 AM

yes, i would absolutely have a problem with Malkin or Crosby attacking someone from behind while play is happening if they got hit cleanly

and yes, you suck at skating if you let slow-ass Rob Scuderi hip check you into oblivion

you got got, take it like a man

for all the pussy/whining shit the penguins take, the flyers, and the rest of the league for that matter, are just as bad

i think its hilarious

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777706)
yes the Flyers are goons but the Penguins lead the league in majors penalties with 29, including 9 game misconducts. But yeah, the Flyers are total dirtbags with their one game misconduct. Got it, bud.

that number is skewed, its all Downie and you know it

and fights are different than attacks

Downie's reputation precedes him

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 08:00 AM

really love the holier than thou stance the Pens are taking. Really saying something about a team that has employed Matt Cooke, Matthew Barnaby, Darius Kasperitus, and James Neal over their lifetime.

Yeah, they're SOOOO much cleaner than the Flyers.

CrushB610 01-21-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777674)

Such a good game to be at... the fight you are forgetting is where Raffl got embarrassed but hes not really a fighter. Either way 3/4 ain't bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777700)
Voracek sucking at skating. :lol :lol :lol

just because a hit is clean doesn't mean it should have happened. Hip checks can be dangerous if not executed properly. If you watch the video, you actually see the principle point of contact is the hip, but Voracek's knee gets caught as well. He also got flipped over and if he hadn't landed on Scuds he could have been injured. Voracek intially thought the hit was dangerous, which is why he reacted like that--I have no problem with him dropping the mitts. Are you seriously going to tell me that you won't let Malkin or Crosby stand up for himself on a hit they might think is dangerous? You're outta your mind.

And it's not like Voracek punched him in the back of the head or anything. He grabbed him, spun him around and said let's go. All is fair.

1)Someone said Voracek sucks at skating?? :lol:lol

2) Perfectly fair. He also got a 10 min misconduct so it's not like he didn't get punished.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777719)
really love the holier than thou stance the Pens are taking. Really saying something about a team that has employed Matt Cooke, Matthew Barnaby, Darius Kasperitus, and James Neal over their lifetime.

Yeah, they're SOOOO much cleaner than the Flyers.

i never said they were cleaner than anyone

but they certainly were clean last night, esp in comparison to the shit the flyers were pulling

i've never once condoned the actions of James Neal or Matt Cooke, and my posts in this thread can confirm that

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 08:02 AM

hey guys when's the last time a player has led the league in scoring but sucked at skating?

Jake "cement feet" Voracek.

dmbetc 01-21-2015 08:03 AM

:popcorn:popcorn

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 15777726)
Such a good game to be at... the fight you are forgetting is where Raffl got embarrassed but hes not really a fighter. Either way 3/4 ain't bad.

1)Someone said Voracek sucks at skating?? :lol:lol

2) Perfectly fair. He also got a 10 min misconduct so it's not like he didn't get punished.

if you get a 10 minute misconduct, then that mean what you did was not fair :confused

a 10 minute penalty doesnt make it ok either...

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777728)
i never said they were cleaner than anyone

but they certainly were clean last night, esp in comparison to the shit the flyers were pulling

good for them, let's give them a medal or something.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 08:04 AM

JFC its called hyperbole, obviously vorachek can skate, but he got got on that play...Scuderi took him to school, he should've dealt with it like a man