Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 01-09-2015 09:35 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15749076)
Had to many seasons where we didn't win until it was to late. Every point matters, so I will take wins whenever they come haha

See, Wings used to often struggle the last few weeks of the season and it would carry into the playoffs where they'd struggle and lose early. So that's where my thought process is coming from.

salrx95 01-09-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15746808)
It's mid-season, so how about some mid-season awards? If the season were to end today and you got to pick individual award winners, who would give hardware to?

For me:
Vezina: Rinne, Fleury, Price
Adams: Trotz, Laviolette, Capuano
Calder: Forsberg, Ekblad, Gaudreau
Norris: Giordano, Weber, Boychuk
Hart: Voracek, Nash, Rinne

Explain yourself!
Vezina: A lot of potential hardware for the Preds. Rinne, along with Laviolette and his system, are the two biggest reasons for the team's success. They play fantastic team defense which benefits Rinne. But he's solid all around. I hated leaving BOBROVSKY off the list, but had to for now.

Adams: Really, give this to anyone of those three and I'd be happy. But I just love the patience that Capuano has displayed and how, after a lot of pieces changed in the off-season for the Isles, he was able to continue and even accelerate the team's upward progression.

Calder: Here's where my defenseman bias shows. Forsberg is wowing the league. But for Ekblad to come in and do what he's doing as a rookie DEFENSEMAN on a team like the PANTHERS is nothing short of awesome. He looks comfortable at both ends of the rink, doing what usually takes 3-ish seasons for an average defenseman to do.

Norris: Giordano has come out of nowhere to lead all defensemen in points and still play responsibly for a team that has had ups and downs. He's leading by example. Of course, I wouldn't mutter if Weber finally won. Also, love what Boychuk has done on the Isles this year. He's blossomed getting out of Chara's shadow.

Hart: Toughest one. Voracek has been awesome to watch have a phenomenal year. Nash will be my most unpopular choice probably, but he's showing that two-way excellence that we knew he had the potential for. But Rinne... that guy has just been phenomenal.

Thanks for the Capuano thoughts. I would love for him to be even a nominee for the Adams. That would mean we kept up the good play for the season and were a top seed entering the playoffs.

Need to get back on track vs the Devils. 2 game losing streak is not good.

TMoore4075 01-09-2015 11:01 AM

I gotta put Lavy as the coach of the year. Capuano is close but I look at the Preds and what they used to do offensively and look now. On pace for most points for a season in their history, and 06 and 07 were pretty dang good years for them.

fonzz41 01-09-2015 11:05 AM

^ For sure. Like I said, I think either of my three nominees would be more than worthy of receiving. All deserve it. Throw AV onto that list as well.

Alazais 01-09-2015 11:11 AM

Carlyle for Adams?

TMoore4075 01-09-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15749694)
Carlyle for Adams?

They should not have given him an extension for 2 years, if he was on that short of a leash. I'm sure they are hoping for Babcock, but he still had a year left so they could have waited it out. Just bad management in my opinion. Why would a coach want to go there?

TMoore4075 01-09-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15749676)
^ For sure. Like I said, I think either of my three nominees would be more than worthy of receiving. All deserve it. Throw AV onto that list as well.

Kinda wish it was an award for after the regular season for Trotz, cause that's when the Caps usually fail.

barbogast 01-09-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15750045)
Kinda wish it was an award for after the regular season for Trotz, cause that's when the Caps usually fail.

This is what I'm most curious about. I'm not gonna assume they'll be in yet, but if they are, what will the Barry Trotz effect be on a group that consistently melts in the playoffs?

salrx95 01-09-2015 06:42 PM

1st place clap clap 1st place.

Tavares carries us tonight into first place. Big win. We didn't play but an elite talent can carry teams to wins he did so tonight. Check the highlights if you can. Very few in the world make those plays.

Onto the Jackets.

lockman21 01-09-2015 09:00 PM

Worst game by the Hawks all season. By far. Awful effort by basically everyone not #19, #20, or #2. Really, really bad.

swordo84 01-09-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15750432)
Worst game by the Hawks all season. By far. Awful effort by basically everyone not #19, #20, or #2. Really, really bad.

And the fact that it was to the Oilers makes it that little extra worse. For some reason they always seem to have hadthe 'hawks number.

10. The Oilers have 10 wins this season. They've looked better of late, but who really gives a damn at this point?

TMoore4075 01-10-2015 06:18 AM

Nice to see Bob locked up for the Jackets. Not good for the East but good for them.

barbogast 01-10-2015 12:27 PM

How have we not talked about the all star jerseys yet? Yikes. They look like those jerseys you get when you create a team in EA sports.

Anyone like them?

http://3.cdn.nhle.com/nhl/images/upl...-unveil-DL.jpg

JRS1386 01-10-2015 12:49 PM

Those are awful

JRS1386 01-10-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15750565)
Nice to see Bob locked up for the Jackets. Not good for the East but good for them.

I wish he would just suck already

aeroshady 01-10-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15750829)
How have we not talked about the all star jerseys yet? Yikes. They look like those jerseys you get when you create a team in EA sports.

Anyone like them?

They look like keeper jerseys for the Seattle Sounders lol.

~Crashintome89~ 01-10-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15750829)

Anyone like them?

They are pretty cool if you like high-lighters.

barbogast 01-10-2015 03:19 PM

:lol Nick Backstrom didn't make the all star game :lol

He STILL hasn't made one. Unreal.

TMoore4075 01-10-2015 04:14 PM

Well that could be the Wings season.

~Crashintome89~ 01-10-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15751067)
:lol Nick Backstrom didn't make the all star game :lol

He STILL hasn't made one. Unreal.

He's such an underrated player. It's not even funny.

lockman21 01-10-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15751141)
Well that could be the Wings season.

Tim, what are your thoughts on Mrazek? I mean, I feel like it was 10 years ago that he was drafted to be the future goaltender in Hockeytown.

~Crashintome89~ 01-10-2015 08:27 PM

Also Tim, how is Howard? What happened? All I heard was him and a stretcher today.

aeroshady 01-10-2015 09:43 PM

NY Rangers sweep California!! Easily the hottest team in the NHL!! So pumped about how well they are playing right now! Proving it against the west too! NY has several games at hand on everyone too! Let's see ESPN not move them up in the power ranking now haha!

barbogast 01-11-2015 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15751444)
Also Tim, how is Howard? What happened? All I heard was him and a stretcher today.

Basically, he turned over a puck behind the net, and when he tried to recover he did like an awkward half-backward split thing and jammed his leg into the post. Sounds like it's a groin injury, most likely caused by the split. I haven't heard any update this morning but it looked pretty bad on the ice. He couldn't stand up on his own. Scary stuff.

aeroshady 01-11-2015 09:14 AM

I'm here to officially complain about the all-star game picks. Hank had been amazing and got passed over...

NY never gets credit.

TMoore4075 01-11-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15751429)
Tim, what are your thoughts on Mrazek? I mean, I feel like it was 10 years ago that he was drafted to be the future goaltender in Hockeytown.

He's only 22. He looks good, especially for not having a lot of time in the pros. They might be ok with him, but we'll see. He's the # 1 right now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15751444)

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15751625)
Basically, he turned over a puck behind the net, and when he tried to recover he did like an awkward half-backward split thing and jammed his leg into the post. Sounds like it's a groin injury, most likely caused by the split. I haven't heard any update this morning but it looked pretty bad on the ice. He couldn't stand up on his own. Scary stuff.

Basically this. No update yet. Guess we'll hear today or tomorrow. Sucks cause he was having such a great year, when everyone had written him off after last year. Picked for the all-star game at 6, out for a long time by 7:15.

TMoore4075 01-11-2015 10:43 AM

Howie had the MRI at noon and they should know this evening what's up. My guess, 2 months or end of year for him.

bradshaw06 01-11-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15751753)
I'm here to officially complain about the all-star game picks. Hank had been amazing and got passed over...

NY never gets credit.

Fleury got passed over too. Say what you want about the guy, but he has been the Pens mvp this season and has been awesome.
Bob - . 2.80gaa. .915sv%. 1so.

Fleury - . 2.16gaa. .925sv%. 6so.

Roberto - 2.23gaa. .926sv%. 2so.

Pekka -. 1.98gaa. .930sv%. 3so.

Price - . 2.20gaa. .927sv%. 2so.

Howard - . 2.08gaa. .921sv%. 2so.

Hank- 2.26gaaa, .918sv% 5so

not going to include wins as it is more of a team stat.

aeroshady 01-11-2015 02:51 PM

^ I mean Fleury is leading the league in shutouts. He should be there too.

TMoore4075 01-11-2015 03:04 PM

No real update on Howie. Had MRI, now ultrasound tomorrow.