Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 12-14-2011 09:42 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Emery has been so solid lately. Love it.

UCFish 12-14-2011 10:03 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Great game so far....nice to at least have a point

rickyh24 12-14-2011 10:11 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Great game tonight...nice to be the best team in hockey.

bonzo48280 12-14-2011 10:13 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 13189559)
Great game tonight...nice to be the best team in hockey.

except that you're not....points wise.

UCFish 12-14-2011 10:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
That was fucking filthy.....KANER!!!!

UCFish 12-14-2011 10:17 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13189564)
except that you're not....points wise.

rickyh24 does not understand hockey :lol

bonzo48280 12-14-2011 10:21 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Minnesota
Chicago
Philadelphia
Boston
Detroit

TeH bestzzz!>!>!<!!!!!<1.,11!!

Shootouts are dumb but that goal by Kaner was disgusting.

lockman21 12-14-2011 10:24 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Patrick Kane. What.

rickyh24 12-14-2011 10:25 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13189564)
except that you're not....points wise.

Points wise......yes.

bonzo48280 12-14-2011 10:29 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 13189592)
Points wise......yes.

points wise...no.

44 > 41

42 > 41

41 = 41

Minnesota > Boston

Chicago > Boston

Philly = Boston

lockman21 12-14-2011 10:30 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13189564)
except that you're not....points wise.

The +41 goal differential is pretty ridiculous. I'd be hard pressed to say they aren't the best team in hockey right now.

UCFish 12-14-2011 10:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13189590)
Patrick Kane. WhT?.

fyp.....

rickyh24 12-14-2011 10:37 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13189603)
points wise...no.

44 > 41

42 > 41

41 = 41

Minnesota > Boston

Chicago > Boston

Philly = Boston

I meant if you want to go by points then yes you are right. I don't need points explained to me. There is more to it than just points though especially when its December.

DMBCubs25 12-14-2011 10:56 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I would say Boston is best in the league right now by a fair margin. Still would put them as the favorites at this point...

~Crashintome89~ 12-14-2011 10:57 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
shiitt there better be a link to HBO tomorrow morning when I come back here.

bradshaw06 12-14-2011 11:26 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
For all the shit we gave brohan for claiming the caps were the best because they had the most points, we're now arguing Boston isnt the best because they dont have the most points??

bonzo48280 12-14-2011 11:32 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I just hate Boston...I know they are the best now. I hate it.

Brohan_Santana 12-14-2011 11:40 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This. Is. Awesome.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp19874

Bron Yr Aur 12-15-2011 12:12 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13189685)
For all the shit we gave brohan for claiming the caps were the best because they had the most points, we're now arguing Boston isnt the best because they dont have the most points??

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13189697)
I just hate Boston...I know they are the best now. I hate it.

Exactly. Right now, they are +41 in 30 games. That's incredible. They are scoring at a much higher pace than last year, and the defense + Tim Thomas are playing just as well as they did last year. They are really scary good at the moment.

UCFish 12-15-2011 12:13 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
The war of words between the Chicago Blackhawks and Vancouver Canucks has resumed, even though the teams don't play again until Jan. 31.

After hearing disparaging comments about Daniel and Henrik Sedin made by Hawks center Dave Bolland, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault responded.

"When you have comments like Bolland's, he's obviously an individual whose IQ is probably the size of a bird seed, and he has a face that only a mother can look at," Vigneault told reporters Wednesday, according to the Vancouver Province.

Umm does Vigneault realize this makes him look just as dumb as Bolland?

Vancouver is the worst

Bron Yr Aur 12-15-2011 12:39 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 13189778)
The war of words between the Chicago Blackhawks and Vancouver Canucks has resumed, even though the teams don't play again until Jan. 31.

After hearing disparaging comments about Daniel and Henrik Sedin made by Hawks center Dave Bolland, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault responded.

"When you have comments like Bolland's, he's obviously an individual whose IQ is probably the size of a bird seed, and he has a face that only a mother can look at," Vigneault told reporters Wednesday, according to the Vancouver Province.

Umm does Vigneault realize this makes him look just as dumb as Bolland?

Vancouver is the worst

:lol Shouldn't the head coach be above the chatter and back-and-forth?

bradshaw06 12-15-2011 12:44 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
the solar system is so humungous big

UCFish 12-15-2011 12:55 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13189852)
:lol Shouldn't the head coach be above the chatter and back-and-forth?

Exactly.....way to not be the bigger man

lockman21 12-15-2011 01:26 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Bigger man? You probably don't know much about Vigneault's (shortlived) NHL career.

~Crashintome89~ 12-15-2011 08:31 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
How many Cups has Vancouver won?!?!

TMoore4075 12-15-2011 09:35 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
So long term IR for Mr 15 (now I have 9) years. I'd say retire but he'd be walking away from $40mil. Bet he wishes the Isles would have been smart enough to do a frontloaded contract.

dduncan6er 12-15-2011 09:38 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13189777)
Exactly. Right now, they are +41 in 30 games. That's incredible. They are scoring at a much higher pace than last year, and the defense + Tim Thomas are playing just as well as they did last year. They are really scary good at the moment.

Can't ignore Rask either. He has a lower gaa than timmy right now. Obviously he hasn't played as many games but he's been impressive in almost every one of his starts.

dduncan6er 12-15-2011 09:41 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 13189708)
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This. Is. Awesome.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp19874

Any all concussion team with Marc Savard on it is not legitimate.

Giant Jew 12-15-2011 10:24 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Awesome shout out to Rochester last night on 24/7. Ryan Callahan is the man.

Roose13 12-15-2011 11:19 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
‎Highlight of 24/7 courtesy of Ilya Bryzgalov

"Right now, I’m very into the universe. You know, like how it was created. You know, like, what is it? You know, solar system is so humungous big, right? But, if you see our solar system and our galaxy on the side, you know, like, and you see it and it was so small. You couldn’t even see it, our galaxy is like huge, but if you see the big picture, our galaxy is like small, tiny, like, dot in the universe, like. You think, we have some problems here on the earth we worry about, compared to, like... nothing. Just be happy. Don’t worry, be happy right now."

fonzz41 12-15-2011 11:40 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 13190644)
‎Highlight of 24/7 courtesy of Ilya Bryzgalov

"Right now, Iím very into the universe. You know, like how it was created. You know, like, what is it? You know, solar system is so humungous big, right? But, if you see our solar system and our galaxy on the side, you know, like, and you see it and it was so small. You couldnít even see it, our galaxy is like huge, but if you see the big picture, our galaxy is like small, tiny, like, dot in the universe, like. You think, we have some problems here on the earth we worry about, compared to, like... nothing. Just be happy. Donít worry, be happy right now."

I ended up being able to watch this last night. Loved the Ilya wisdom :lol

dmbetc 12-15-2011 12:05 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I thought that Alain Vigneault's comments were worse than Bollands, especially since he is a coach. Has he apologized like Bolland has?

kev87lads 12-15-2011 04:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
To my Philly peeps. I think this is actually going to be awesome.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=606575

swordo84 12-15-2011 05:39 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Pronger out long-term, potentially the season. (as per ol' Bobby McKenzie)

bonzo48280 12-15-2011 05:39 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
After seeing concussion Drs., PHI's Chris Pronger won't be playing anytime soon and I won't be surprised he doesn't play rest of season.

UCFish 12-15-2011 06:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 13190738)
I thought that Alain Vigneault's comments were worse than Bollands, especially since he is a coach. Has he apologized like Bolland has?

Also Bolland's fiance is hot as shit....I guarantee she is better than Vigneault's wife.

dmbetc 12-15-2011 07:42 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 13191906)
Also Bolland's fiance is hot as shit....I guarantee she is better than Vigneault's wife.

Because that has anything to do with it. :rolleyes

swordo84 12-15-2011 07:58 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Pronger done for the season.

dmbetc 12-15-2011 07:59 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Pronger done for life?

bradshaw06 12-15-2011 08:00 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Wow, pronger done.

Matt83 12-15-2011 08:02 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 13190644)
‎Highlight of 24/7 courtesy of Ilya Bryzgalov

"Right now, Iím very into the universe. You know, like how it was created. You know, like, what is it? You know, solar system is so humungous big, right? But, if you see our solar system and our galaxy on the side, you know, like, and you see it and it was so small. You couldnít even see it, our galaxy is like huge, but if you see the big picture, our galaxy is like small, tiny, like, dot in the universe, like. You think, we have some problems here on the earth we worry about, compared to, like... nothing. Just be happy. Donít worry, be happy right now."

http://i.imgur.com/PLB4e.jpg

dmbmuskie 12-15-2011 08:02 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I give the Flyers credit for being honest. The Pens milked the Crosby comeback for all it was worth last spring.

bradshaw06 12-15-2011 08:03 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Putting him on ltir frees up a ton of space, but you hate to see a guy go out like this.

LisaH 12-15-2011 08:06 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 13192051)
Pronger done for the season.

:thumbsdow Sucks, but not really unexpected. :(
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...0743584438-689

Roose13 12-15-2011 08:20 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt83 (Post 13192073)

I actually tried to come in and post that earlier but Ants was giving me problems. It's my phone background.

lockman21 12-15-2011 10:01 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt83 (Post 13192073)

:lol:lol:lol:lol This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

monkeyman68 12-15-2011 10:39 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 13192054)
Pronger done for life?

Unfort I think his career is very much in jeopardy. Because of his age/the severity, this has Keith Primeau/Ian Laperriere written all over it.

Obviously this news sucks. The two "big picture" things that bother me the most are these:

1). Because Homer is a fucking idiot and didn't know the NHL's rules before he signed Pronger's contract extension, Pronger's cap hit of approx 4.9 million (until 2017) will not come off the books if Pronger retires due to injury.

2). Given the players/players' contracts, last year was the best year for the Flyers to win a Cup. Homer ignored Snider's requests to get a legitimate #1 goalie in the offseason (which was widely known as the Flyers' biggest need going into last year) and thought the tandem of Boosh and Leighton would be able to get the job done (again). This move blew up in Homer's face and was the main reason that Snider put his foot down and mandated that Homer get Illya this year.

In my opinion, Game 2 was the turning point of the Flyers/Bruins series last year. It was quite obvious that the Flyers were not prepared to play Boston after the debacle that was Game 1. The Flyers were ready for Game 2 and jumped out of the gate getting an early lead on Boston while dominating early play. Unfort for the Flyers, Boosh did not have one of his finer games as a Flyer and let in several soft goals (while Thomas stood on his head at the other end). The B's came back, tied the game, and ultimately won the game in OT. For all intents and purposes, the series was over once the Flyers had to go back to Boston being down 0-2.

Oh well....

~Crashintome89~ 12-15-2011 10:45 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyman68 (Post 13192498)
Unfort I think his career is very much in jeopardy. Because of his age/the severity, this has Keith Primeau/Ian Laperriere written all over it.

Obviously this news sucks. The two "big picture" things that bother me the most are these:

1). Because Homer is a fucking idiot and didn't know the NHL's rules before he signed Pronger's contract extension, Pronger's cap hit of approx 4.9 million (until 2017) will not come off the books if Pronger retires due to injury.

2). Given the players/players' contracts, last year was the best year for the Flyers to win a Cup. Homer ignored Snider's requests to get a legitimate #1 goalie in the offseason (which was widely known as the Flyers' biggest need going into last year) and thought the tandem of Boosh and Leighton would be able to get the job done (again). This move blew up in Homer's face and was the main reason that Snider put his foot down and mandated that Homer get Illya this year.

In my opinion, Game 2 was the turning point of the Flyers/Bruins series last year. It was quite obvious that the Flyers were not prepared to play Boston after the debacle that was Game 1. The Flyers were ready for Game 2 and jumped out of the gate getting an early lead on Boston while dominating early play. Unfort for the Flyers, Boosh did not have one of his finer games as a Flyer and let in several soft goals (while Thomas stood on his head at the other end). The B's came back, tied the game, and ultimately won the game in OT. For all intents and purposes, the series was over once the Flyers had to go back to Boston being down 0-2.

Oh well....

Chill the fuck out. This team has more of a chance at winning a Cup than any of the other Mike Richards teams did. blah blah blah 2010. Whatever.

I believe in this team with or without Chris Pronger.

Roose13 12-15-2011 10:54 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
^ :thumbsup :thumbsup

It's still way too early to start shitting pants and worrying about how May plays out when it's December. They're still playing good hockey at their absolute unhealthiest.

That being said, the Flyers will definitely be on the market for a DMan come trade deadline. It won't be now because they have time to assess what they have. This team will be fine until it's time to make a big move.

~Crashintome89~ 12-15-2011 10:56 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Everyone getting their panties wet for Shea Weber. Sorry, the dude isn't coming here. At best, we'll look at some third pairing D-man. No way am I sacrificing depth or youth for a playoff run until I know for sure what we have.

bradshaw06 12-15-2011 10:56 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Pronger will probably get the mike rathje treatment.

~Crashintome89~ 12-15-2011 11:00 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13192527)
Pronger will probably get the mike rathje treatment.

One of the Flyers did dress up as Pronger as a pylon, so...

monkeyman68 12-15-2011 11:04 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13192509)
Chill the fuck out. This team has more of a chance at winning a Cup than any of the other Mike Richards teams did. blah blah blah 2010. Whatever.

I believe in this team with or without Chris Pronger.

Yikes, I make a simple observation that clearly touched a nerve with ya big fella. This has nothing to do with Richards. I thought my post made it pretty clear that my issue was with Homer. I guess I probably shouldn't have mentioned Richards as many times as I did in my original post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 13192518)
^ :thumbsup :thumbsup

It's still way too early to start shitting pants and worrying about how May plays out when it's December. They're still playing good hockey at their absolute unhealthiest.

That being said, the Flyers will definitely be on the market for a DMan come trade deadline. It won't be now because they have time to assess what they have. This team will be fine until it's time to make a big move.

I'm not shitting my pants because I never expected this team to make a serious run at the Cup. I was simply pointing out two key mistakes that Homer made.....

kev87lads 12-15-2011 11:53 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Seven wins in a row is the bigger story.

At least that's what I'll make myself believe....

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 12:06 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Paul Holmgren is in the top 3 GMs since the lockout.

Dale Tallon
Ray Shero
Paul Holmgren
Holland
Possibly Polie or Mcphee

bonzo48280 12-16-2011 12:27 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
who can the Flyers possibly trade? Do they have anything else? I'm asking this legitimately not sarcastically.

monkeyman68 12-16-2011 12:48 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13192686)
Paul Holmgren is in the top 3 GMs since the lockout.

Dale Tallon
Ray Shero
Paul Holmgren
Holland
Possibly Polie or Mcphee

Strongly disagree.

A GM's job is to put together a team to win a SC, yes?

O.k., there is no question that Homer did a great job rebuilding the Flyers after the lockout.

So far so good.....

Once he got Pronger, Homer gave the team that he put together a realistic 3 year window of opportunity to win a Cup.

The first year of the window the Flyers make it to the SCF. Again, so far so good....

Unfort, Homer then blows his offseason following the SCF by not getting an elite goaltender. Like it or not, that move had a huge negative impact on the following year's playoff run. Homer should not, and will not get a pass for not getting a goalie that summer.

Homer then goes and gets a goalie/trades Carter and Richards/gets young talent. The problem here is that the Flyers now have an imbalance of veterans and young players. Will the lack of experience hurt this team down the stretch/in the playoffs? Will the aging stalwarts of the blue line have enough in the tank to contribute once the younger players really start to mature? Only time will tell, but Homer certainly took a chance and made it difficult for his team to win a SC during the window of opportunity that he gave them.

Lastly, the Pronger extension may have an adverse impact on this team for year's to come.

I don't know about you but Homer cutting the Flyers' salary cap by 5 million and then failing to address a glaring weakness on the team prevents me from putting Homer in the top 3 GM's post lockout

That's just me though......

dmbetc 12-16-2011 07:37 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
we got ran all over last night. damn western conference.

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 08:40 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13192723)
who can the Flyers possibly trade? Do they have anything else? I'm asking this legitimately not sarcastically.

Flyers have wonderful depth in Read, Simmonds, etc. But are they willing to cut those pieces away?

Doubtful. Flyers are in a bind for sure, but hey, they're in first place right now and have a seven game winning streak. They won't, and shouldn't do anything until they know how long Giroux is out for.

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 08:42 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyman68 (Post 13192776)
Unfort, Homer then blows his offseason following the SCF by not getting an elite goaltender. Like it or not, that move had a huge negative impact on the following year's playoff run. Homer should not, and will not get a pass for not getting a goalie that summer.

Homer gambled and lost on the Leighton signing, but what else was he going to do? You had a guy who stepped in when Emery and Boucher went down and went on a ridiculous twenty game run of like 17 wins--then the guy turns around and has the lowest GAA in the playoffs. Are you then going to turn around and get another elite goaltender?

TMoore4075 12-16-2011 08:52 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 13192054)
Pronger done for life?

Probably. His age is the biggest thing. Not as much time to heal like Crosby. He could have taken 2 years off if needed Pronger doesn't have that luxury. I hate the guy more than probably anyone in the league but you hate for anyone to go out like this.

dduncan6er 12-16-2011 09:29 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyman68 (Post 13192498)
Unfort I think his career is very much in jeopardy. Because of his age/the severity, this has Keith Primeau/Ian Laperriere written all over it.

Obviously this news sucks. The two "big picture" things that bother me the most are these:

1). Because Homer is a fucking idiot and didn't know the NHL's rules before he signed Pronger's contract extension, Pronger's cap hit of approx 4.9 million (until 2017) will not come off the books if Pronger retires due to injury.

2). Given the players/players' contracts, last year was the best year for the Flyers to win a Cup. Homer ignored Snider's requests to get a legitimate #1 goalie in the offseason (which was widely known as the Flyers' biggest need going into last year) and thought the tandem of Boosh and Leighton would be able to get the job done (again). This move blew up in Homer's face and was the main reason that Snider put his foot down and mandated that Homer get Illya this year.

In my opinion, Game 2 was the turning point of the Flyers/Bruins series last year. It was quite obvious that the Flyers were not prepared to play Boston after the debacle that was Game 1. The Flyers were ready for Game 2 and jumped out of the gate getting an early lead on Boston while dominating early play. Unfort for the Flyers, Boosh did not have one of his finer games as a Flyer and let in several soft goals (while Thomas stood on his head at the other end). The B's came back, tied the game, and ultimately won the game in OT. For all intents and purposes, the series was over once the Flyers had to go back to Boston being down 0-2.

Oh well....

The Flyers still have to pay him but if he is placed on LTIR he doesn't count against the cap. He counts towards the cap until they go over, and he is then placed on LTIR if they need to move him there to free up cap space. This is what the Bruins are doing with Savard.

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 11:54 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-jeopardy.html

Pronger is done. Has to be. Horrible way to finish a Hall of Fame career.

fonzz41 12-16-2011 12:07 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13193512)
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-jeopardy.html

Pronger is done. Has to be. Horrible way to finish a Hall of Fame career.

My disgust for Pronger is well documented, but I agree with everyone in saying that's a crappy way to end a good career. I can't believe I'm saying this, but here's hoping to a recovery. I hate to say any player be forced to quit. In an ideal world, they should all be able to finish on their own terms.

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 12:09 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
You spelled 'hoagie' wrong in your avatar comment box thingy.

fonzz41 12-16-2011 12:14 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13193559)
You spelled 'hoagie' wrong in your avatar comment box thingy.

Better now?

dduncan6er 12-16-2011 12:14 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13193123)
The Flyers still have to pay him but if he is placed on LTIR he doesn't count against the cap. He counts towards the cap until they go over, and he is then placed on LTIR if they need to move him there to free up cap space. This is what the Bruins are doing with Savard.

I just read up some more on it and I don't think the Flyers can do this because it was a 35+ contract.

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 12:17 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13193569)
Better now?

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Yes. Amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13193570)
I just read up some more on it and I don't think the Flyers can do this because it was a 35+ contract.

Yes, they can. As long as he doesn't retire, he his cap hit will be taken off. The same thing is happening with Lappierre.

jackisback24 12-16-2011 12:23 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Mike Milbury in the news for possibly physically assaulting a 12 year old kid. I think it was a hockey player on the opposing team of the one he coaches.

DMBCubs25 12-16-2011 12:29 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackisback24 (Post 13193591)
Mike Milbury in the news for possibly physically assaulting a 12 year old kid. I think it was a hockey player on the opposing team of the one he coaches.

Link?????

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 12:41 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackisback24 (Post 13193591)
Mike Milbury in the news for possibly physically assaulting a 12 year old kid. I think it was a hockey player on the opposing team of the one he coaches.

assault with a deadly shoe! :lol

TMoore4075 12-16-2011 01:02 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackisback24 (Post 13193591)
Mike Milbury in the news for possibly physically assaulting a 12 year old kid. I think it was a hockey player on the opposing team of the one he coaches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCubs25 (Post 13193605)
Link?????

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...osition=recent

Please tell me he'll be gone from NBC and VS. PLEASE!!! And hope Maguire was standing awkwardly close to the kid too so he can be fired also.

fonzz41 12-16-2011 01:53 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13193693)
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...osition=recent

Please tell me he'll be gone from NBC and VS. PLEASE!!! And hope Maguire was standing awkwardly close to the kid too so he can be fired also.

Agreed. The two biggest doofuses in the game.

bradshaw06 12-16-2011 02:00 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Thinking about the Pronger situation, im not so sure it is a bad thing. Sure they lose him, but they're playing amazingly without him, they put him on ltir and have that extra space to work with and can go out and get a piece or two. Imo, the Flyers are one of the most dangerous teams and as of now, as much as i hate to say it, i have them making the finals and winning.

DMBCubs25 12-16-2011 02:15 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Really enjoyed the first episode of 24/7. Great series.

DMBCubs25 12-16-2011 02:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13193855)
Thinking about the Pronger situation, im not so sure it is a bad thing. Sure they lose him, but they're playing amazingly without him, they put him on ltir and have that extra space to work with and can go out and get a piece or two. Imo, the Flyers are one of the most dangerous teams and as of now, as much as i hate to say it, i have them making the finals and winning.

Would love to see one of the following postseason matchups. Flyers/Bruins Bruins/Pens Flyers/Pens. One of those 3 will be coming out of the East this year and they have to be the favorites to win right now as I don't think the West is all that strong this year.

gravedigger07 12-16-2011 02:21 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
How many of you watched the first episode of 24/7. Best sports doc. I have ever seen

Bron Yr Aur 12-16-2011 02:24 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13193855)
Thinking about the Pronger situation, im not so sure it is a bad thing. Sure they lose him, but they're playing amazingly without him, they put him on ltir and have that extra space to work with and can go out and get a piece or two. Imo, the Flyers are one of the most dangerous teams and as of now, as much as i hate to say it, i have them making the finals and winning.

Flyers are definitely a dangerous team that a lot of offensive depth. Giroux must be back to his fully healthy self if they have any chance, of course. And even though they picked up Bryz, their G situation is still a question mark. Ilya is having a very mediocre season and he has been pretty awful in the last two playoffs.

I don't think anyone matches up well with the Bruins. That team is stacked and they have the best goaltending duo in the NHL.

bradshaw06 12-16-2011 02:33 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCubs25 (Post 13193917)
Would love to see one of the following postseason matchups. Flyers/Bruins Bruins/Pens Flyers/Pens. One of those 3 will be coming out of the East this year and they have to be the favorites to win right now as I don't think the West is all that strong this year.

imo, its going to be one of those three in the east.

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 02:50 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quit giving me hope, damn it!

DMBCubs25 12-16-2011 02:53 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13193996)
imo, its going to be one of those three in the east.

Yup. Rags are a darkhorse team as well.

bonzo48280 12-16-2011 03:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I remember when I picked Florida to make the playoffs and almost got laughed out of the thread.

Anywho, it's Pittsburgh, Philly, or Boston in the East with the Rangers being a darkhorse and Chicago, Detroit, or Minnesota in the West, and I'm not even that sold on Minnesota.

Bron Yr Aur 12-16-2011 03:39 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13194202)
I remember when I picked Florida to make the playoffs and almost got laughed out of the thread.

Anywho, it's Pittsburgh, Philly, or Boston in the East with the Rangers being a darkhorse and Chicago, Detroit, or Minnesota in the West, and I'm not even that sold on Minnesota.

Disagree with the West. Way too early to tell. SJ started slow last year and probably will be the same this year. I don't think they have it in them to make the SCF, but you never know. And Vancouver will be there, IMO. No way do I think Minnesota is able to compete with Chicago, Detroit, or Vancouver in the playoffs.

And unless the Hawks get their defense under control, I wouldn't consider them a legitimate threat to win the Cup.

DMBCubs25 12-16-2011 03:43 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Only legit threats in the West are Chicago, Detroit, Van, and SJ with St. Louis as a possible darkhorse. Although I think the Cup comes out of the East this year barring Hawks adding a solid d-man and a competent scoring winger or center.

efraser77 12-16-2011 03:59 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13194217)
Disagree with the West. Way too early to tell. SJ started slow last year and probably will be the same this year. I don't think they have it in them to make the SCF, but you never know. And Vancouver will be there, IMO. No way do I think Minnesota is able to compete with Chicago, Detroit, or Vancouver in the playoffs.

And unless the Hawks get their defense under control, I wouldn't consider them a legitimate threat to win the Cup.

Not if they continue to have a 33% PK rate they don't. :BANG Third period last night might have saved their season though...

TMoore4075 12-16-2011 04:03 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13194202)
I remember when I picked Florida to make the playoffs and almost got laughed out of the thread.

Anywho, it's Pittsburgh, Philly, or Boston in the East with the Rangers being a darkhorse and Chicago, Detroit, or Minnesota in the West, and I'm not even that sold on Minnesota.

I keep saying that about Minny and yet they keep going. We'll see though. Heatly has worked out so far though.

Roose13 12-16-2011 04:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13194202)
I remember when I picked Florida to make the playoffs and almost got laughed out of the thread.

Anywho, it's Pittsburgh, Philly, or Boston in the East with the Rangers being a darkhorse and Chicago, Detroit, or Minnesota in the West, and I'm not even that sold on Minnesota.

I'm convinced they're a pretender

dduncan6er 12-16-2011 04:22 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Florida is relying way too much on its first line. They don't have much scoring besides on the top line. If they make the playoffs I'll be surprised.

bonzo48280 12-16-2011 04:31 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13194343)
Florida is relying way too much on its first line. They don't have much scoring besides on the top line. If they make the playoffs I'll be surprised.

sounds like Philly :trap

lockman21 12-16-2011 05:20 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I still think the Kings have too much talent to be overlooked. They have to get it together at some point, right?

fonzz41 12-16-2011 05:39 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13194343)
Florida is relying way too much on its first line. They don't have much scoring besides on the top line. If they make the playoffs I'll be surprised.

I initially agreed with you, but I started wondering how other teams were faring in this regard. As is common on Fridays, it's a bit slow at work so I crunched some numbers:

You're right about Florida; their top line of Weiss, Fleischmann, and Versteeg account for 47% of all their team's goals.

Some others I checked on, in comparison (going mostly by thread popularity)
Chicago (Toews, Sharp, Hossa... this one's hard to pin down a top line because of all the shuffling): 45%
Philadelphia (Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr): 37%
Boston (Lucic, Horton, Krejci): 23% - Boston actually has a little more scoring from their "second" line of Seguin, Marchand, and Bergeron, who account for 29% of the team's goals.

dduncan6er 12-16-2011 05:56 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13194570)
I initially agreed with you, but I started wondering how other teams were faring in this regard. As is common on Fridays, it's a bit slow at work so I crunched some numbers:

You're right about Florida; their top line of Weiss, Fleischmann, and Versteeg account for 47% of all their team's goals.

Some others I checked on, in comparison (going mostly by thread popularity)
Chicago (Toews, Sharp, Hossa... this one's hard to pin down a top line because of all the shuffling): 45%
Philadelphia (Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr): 37%
Boston (Lucic, Horton, Krejci): 23% - Boston actually has a little more scoring from their "second" line of Seguin, Marchand, and Bergeron, who account for 29% of the team's goals.

Looks like the hawks are frauds too.

bonzo48280 12-16-2011 06:15 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13194619)
Looks like the hawks are frauds too.

Chicago = Toews
Florida = No Toews

Moral of Story = It doesn't matter

and the top two lines are Kane-Toews-Stalberg and Sharp-Kruger-Hossa. I don't other teams 3rd and 4th lines are really outscoring the Hawks by much

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 07:48 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13194570)
I initially agreed with you, but I started wondering how other teams were faring in this regard. As is common on Fridays, it's a bit slow at work so I crunched some numbers:

You're right about Florida; their top line of Weiss, Fleischmann, and Versteeg account for 47% of all their team's goals.

Some others I checked on, in comparison (going mostly by thread popularity)
Chicago (Toews, Sharp, Hossa... this one's hard to pin down a top line because of all the shuffling): 45%
Philadelphia (Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr): 37%
Boston (Lucic, Horton, Krejci): 23% - Boston actually has a little more scoring from their "second" line of Seguin, Marchand, and Bergeron, who account for 29% of the team's goals.

Hold the fuck up here. Let's not forget that both Toews and Giroux are having MVP like seasons. Saying the Flyers or Hawks are one line team is like saying the Pens are too if they have a healthy Crosby. Chicago and Philly have the best depth around (Philly wins).

~Crashintome89~ 12-16-2011 07:49 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
fuck, I sound like I'm raging. I just came back from the gym, must be the endorphins. Jesus...

*slams metal chair in the back of Matty, then pins him*

bonzo48280 12-16-2011 07:55 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13194809)
Hold the fuck up here. Let's not forget that both Toews and Giroux are having MVP like seasons. Saying the Flyers or Hawks are one line team is like saying the Pens are too if they have a healthy Crosby. Chicago and Philly have the best depth around (Philly wins).

:trap :trap :trap

Roose13 12-16-2011 08:50 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13194379)
sounds like Philly :trap

Yea, 8-of-9 goals in their last two games without Giroux came from the other three lines :rolleyes

lockman21 12-16-2011 09:17 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
No one agrees with me about LA? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiit.

bonzo48280 12-16-2011 09:17 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 13194968)
Yea, 8-of-9 goals in their last two games without Giroux came from the other three lines :rolleyes

relax, brah

bonzo48280 12-16-2011 09:18 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13195010)
No one agrees with me about LA? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I don't take them as seriously as most


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.