Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

salrx95 06-21-2016 09:37 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16476736)
not to mention giving up two 2nd round picks plus a 3rd round draft pick prospect in Aleksi Saarela for...wait for it....Eric fucking Staal :lol

Rangers love big names who can't play anymore or overpaying stars despite the depth of the rest of the roster

They sure do. Hey it worked in 1994 so they've been trying it since with the likes of Kurri, Holik, lindros, bure, etc.

Isles talking to Edmonton again about Hall. Rumor is more Boychuk than Hamonic in talks since Chiarelli likes him from Boston days. Boychuk is my 8 year olds favorite player but I'd welcome that depending on the rest of the pieces going out from us.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 09:48 AM

Dreger saying if it gets to July 1st, Detroit would be comfortable offering $10mil per for 7 years to Stamkos. Even with Datsyuk gone, they'd have to make room to sign the rest of their guys. If they could trade Howard and don't retain any salary, or not a lot, that could do it, but then you have to get a backup goalie too.

fonzz41 06-21-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477021)
Dreger saying if it gets to July 1st, Detroit would be comfortable offering $10mil per for 7 years to Stamkos. Even with Datsyuk gone, they'd have to make room to sign the rest of their guys. If they could trade Howard and don't retain any salary, or not a lot, that could do it, but then you have to get a backup goalie too.

Let me find Ilya Bryzgalov's phone number for you.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16477030)
Let me find Ilya Bryzgalov's phone number for you.

He's too humongous big for me. Cap should be at 73 even if players escalate, which they probably will. That helps Wings with the whole Stammer and re-signing players but still gotta think room would be needed somewhere. Even trading a Brendan Smith or something might be enough.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 10:10 AM

The Joe ends (regular season wise) April 9th against the Devils. I need to try to be there. Planned Disney trip I'm supposed to get back the day before. I will do whatever I can to get that.

Alazais 06-21-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16476665)
The thing about Andersen, is he for sure the guy? He's an upgrade, don't get me wrong but he hasn't proven too much yet. Could this be another Bernier situation where they thought they were getting a guy who was just in the shadows and become the big man in TO. Also remember Monster was look at as the future too. Man that team sure eats goalies don't they?

With Buffalo trading to get Vessey's rights, I think my Buffalo option for Stammer is done. They look to be going 100% young which is a fine option. I don't think Tampa happens. Part of me thinks it would have by now and there are just too many guys to sign. I think Toronto or Detroit are at the front. I would have it leaning towards TO.

Yeah. They eat up goalies a bit. I don't think they have done a fantastic job bringing in good goalies.

Raycroft (Is tied for the record of most goalie wins in a season. What a BUM)

Toskala: Steaming pile.

The Monster: Would make one amazing save and then let in a Timbit goal immediately after.

Reimer: Kid tried harder than anyone i've ever seen. When he finally figured out his glove and rebound control a bit we shipped him out. Too bad. Not a world beater, but someone I didn't mind putting in the net every night.

Bernier: He has all of the stuff to be legendary, is just the craziest, strangest guy. Can't figure it out between his ears. And his wife is crazy fake looking and would be a horror to be around.

Anderson: All I've read about him is he is a good, Legit starter. Not a world beater but a quality guy that can put in minutes for you. I don't think he's going to be the tier of a Price or a Lunqvist but I think he has the potential to sit an echelon below that.

I think the difference between Bernier and Anderson is more so Bernier was always in the shadows. He never had a year where he just kind of took over. Quick was always just too good. Didn't Anderson come in and win the job, get the deep run in the playoffs and then have Gibson come in and beat him out the next year?

I thought I'd read that despite Buffalo getting Vessey's rights, he still intends to test free agency. Making Nashville very happy that they dodged that bullet. Maybe I read that wrong somewhere.

I can't imagine Detroit grabbing Stammer. With Datsyuk gone (Sorry for your loss) where do you find the money for him? Tavares next year maybe but can you make it work this year? I have a tough time believe you can get rid of Pavel's contract and I don't imagine many teams chomping at the bit to give Howard the net.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16477078)
Yeah. They eat up goalies a bit. I don't think they have done a fantastic job bringing in good goalies.

Raycroft (Is tied for the record of most goalie wins in a season. What a BUM)

Toskala: Steaming pile.

The Monster: Would make one amazing save and then let in a Timbit goal immediately after.

Reimer: Kid tried harder than anyone i've ever seen. When he finally figured out his glove and rebound control a bit we shipped him out. Too bad. Not a world beater, but someone I didn't mind putting in the net every night.

Bernier: He has all of the stuff to be legendary, is just the craziest, strangest guy. Can't figure it out between his ears. And his wife is crazy fake looking and would be a horror to be around.

Anderson: All I've read about him is he is a good, Legit starter. Not a world beater but a quality guy that can put in minutes for you. I don't think he's going to be the tier of a Price or a Lunqvist but I think he has the potential to sit an echelon below that.

I think the difference between Bernier and Anderson is more so Bernier was always in the shadows. He never had a year where he just kind of took over. Quick was always just too good. Didn't Anderson come in and win the job, get the deep run in the playoffs and then have Gibson come in and beat him out the next year?

I thought I'd read that despite Buffalo getting Vessey's rights, he still intends to test free agency. Making Nashville very happy that they dodged that bullet. Maybe I read that wrong somewhere.

I can't imagine Detroit grabbing Stammer. With Datsyuk gone (Sorry for your loss) where do you find the money for him? Tavares next year maybe but can you make it work this year? I have a tough time believe you can get rid of Pavel's contract and I don't imagine many teams chomping at the bit to give Howard the net.

It's true about all those goalies. Monster was a good backup here and in Boston.

Buffalo has until August 15th to sign Vessey before anyone else can touch him and he's played with Eichel. I think they work hard to get it done. My point there is I don't see them going big money on Stammer with a move like going after Vessey. With him and Eichel and others (assuming they sign Vessey) a $10mil cap hit could hinder them in a few years.

Wings could move Pavel to the Coyotes I'd think. They are around $20mil beneath the floor. Wings just need to figure out what is worth to give up to move him. Pulkkenin and a conditional pick would be worth it to me, if the Coyotes thought so. I don't know why they wouldn't. Get some assets without giving up ANYTHING and get you closer to the floor without actually having to pay Datysuk's contract.

Alazais 06-21-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477106)
It's true about all those goalies. Monster was a good backup here and in Boston.

Buffalo has until August 15th to sign Vessey before anyone else can touch him and he's played with Eichel. I think they work hard to get it done. My point there is I don't see them going big money on Stammer with a move like going after Vessey. With him and Eichel and others (assuming they sign Vessey) a $10mil cap hit could hinder them in a few years.

Wings could move Pavel to the Coyotes I'd think. They are around $20mil beneath the floor. Wings just need to figure out what is worth to give up to move him. Pulkkenin and a conditional pick would be worth it to me, if the Coyotes thought so. I don't know why they wouldn't. Get some assets without giving up ANYTHING and get you closer to the floor without actually having to pay Datysuk's contract.

Sure. I get that. Buffalo just can't seem to do it these days. They lose out on everyone. I doubt they'll get Vessey (Actually wouldn't be surprised to see him in Toronto. His dad or uncle is on the scouting team here). I can't imagine, even with the money Stamkos plays in Buffalo.

I thought Holland wouldn't give up any real assets to get rid of his contract? Something about them being fine for a year.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16477122)
Sure. I get that. Buffalo just can't seem to do it these days. They lose out on everyone. I doubt they'll get Vessey (Actually wouldn't be surprised to see him in Toronto. His dad or uncle is on the scouting team here). I can't imagine, even with the money Stamkos plays in Buffalo.

I thought Holland wouldn't give up any real assets to get rid of his contract? Something about them being fine for a year.

The other day he said he wouldn't give up top guys, so depends on what he considers a top guy. If they want to improve for next year, they aren't fine. They can't add much without moving Pavel's contract. Which, if he had said after the season, "we're going with the kids" I'd say ok...but he said he wants to improve. I wonder if it's part of his game to say he won't give up anything. Last year he said they wouldn't be active on July 1st and they went out and got Mike Green. He has to know it'll cost him something to move Datyuk's contract and he has to know the Coyotes are in a spot where they need to add salary. Smarter for them to add a contract like Datsyuk's (and not have to actually pay it) than to go into UFA and give 9mil to Lucic or something just to get to the floor.

I'm not holding my breath on Stammer though. I think they have a shot but it's a level playing field in terms of $$ these days. He's gonna get paid roughly the same no matter where he goes. He needs to decide what is the best fit for him.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16477122)

Listening to Dreger on Toronto 1050

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...ender-1.512175

He's saying that he heard Holland is ok giving a 2nd rounder. If that's true, i think it happens. Savard was moved for a 2nd rounder so why couldn't Pavel be moved for it? I'd hate to give it up when you are transitioning to a young team and assets are very valuable but if you can get Stamkos...that'll be big.

aeroshady 06-21-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16476595)
not to the old ways but Marty St. Louis, Keith Yandle in back to back years right?

Both gave us a real shot at the Stanley Cup. We had no chance of resigning Cally for what he was asking. With out St. Louis we never make the finals in 2014. Yandle was our best player last year in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16476736)
not to mention giving up two 2nd round picks plus a 3rd round draft pick prospect in Aleksi Saarela for...wait for it....Eric fucking Staal :lol

Rangers love big names who can't play anymore or overpaying stars despite the depth of the rest of the roster

I don't really agree with the second point anymore. I believe the Rangers have done a good job at avoiding the big name stars that can't play anymore.

With the exception of Staal. The Staal trade was desperation to save a shitty season. I do agree it was more than we should have given up. That said, it was worth the last shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16476988)
They sure do. Hey it worked in 1994 so they've been trying it since with the likes of Kurri, Holik, lindros, bure, etc.

Isles talking to Edmonton again about Hall. Rumor is more Boychuk than Hamonic in talks since Chiarelli likes him from Boston days. Boychuk is my 8 year olds favorite player but I'd welcome that depending on the rest of the pieces going out from us.

I don't even know who Kurri is, and Lindross, Bure, Holik??? You realize that was 12-16 years ago right? There are kids in high school that were not even around when those deals went down :lol

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16477228)

I don't even know who Kurri is, and Lindross, Bure, Holik??? You realize that was 12-16 years ago right? There are kids in high school that were not even around when those deals went down :lol

And the those kids should be thankful for that.

We're missing some here though. Kamensky, Fleury, Lefebvre, Kasparaitis...fuck did they just sign the Avs cast aways?

hailtopitt 06-21-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

I don't really agree with the second point anymore. I believe the Rangers have done a good job at avoiding the big name stars that can't play anymore.

With the exception of Staal. The Staal trade was desperation to save a shitty season. I do agree it was more than we should have given up. That said, it was worth the last shot.

you completely contradict yourself here...

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 11:31 AM

Back to the Wings schedule. They play the Hawks on my birthday. Depending on what they do this offseason....lol...maybe i go to that one. If they don't make many moves, I don't think I'll want to view that one in person lol. For sure trying for the last game at JLA. Maybe if I don't do the Hawks game, I'll do December 27th at home against the Sabres since I'm off that week.

Guaranteed loss on November 2nd at Philly though.

salrx95 06-21-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Come on with Kurri. Really? He only ended his career with over 600 goals. You guys traded Mattias Nordstrom in that deal, who went on to captain the kings and had a long career. Sweet rental.

I only stopped at Bure and added etc but could have gone on.

Also, Vincent LeCavalier retired.

fonzz41 06-21-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477233)
We're missing some here though. Kamensky, Fleury, Lefebvre, Kasparaitis...fuck did they just sign the Avs cast aways?

And remember when they offer-sheeted Sakic? I remember as a kid being devastated, thinking there was no way the Avs would match.

Also, was pissed when Lefebvre left. That guy was so solid on the Avs. But, as seems to happen when FAs go to the Rangers, he kinda pittered out.

Yes, I just used the word pittered.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16477265)
And remember when they offer-sheeted Sakic? I remember as a kid being devastated, thinking there was no way the Avs would match.

Also, was pissed when Lefebvre left. That guy was so solid on the Avs. But, as seems to happen when FAs go to the Rangers, he kinda pittered out.

Forgot about the Sakic offer sheet. As a Wings fan, I was hoping he was going to NYR. lol However, the Avs being the team they were, beating that team with Sakic on it was more fun.

Lefebvre might have been a "worked well where he was" type of thing.

salrx95 06-21-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16477265)

And they front loaded it with a ridiculous signing bonus if I remember correctly to make it as close to impossible for the avs to match. Big market prick bullies :D:D

fonzz41 06-21-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477271)
Forgot about the Sakic offer sheet. As a Wings fan, I was hoping he was going to NYR. lol However, the Avs being the team they were, beating that team with Sakic on it was more fun.

Lefebvre might have been a "worked well where he was" type of thing.

You shut your mouth.

And yeah, I think Lefebvre worked well in the scenarios the Avs put him in, which was playing with Footer. No doubt he was going to be good on a pairing with that guy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16477276)
And they front loaded it with a ridiculous signing bonus if I remember correctly to make it as close to impossible for the avs to match. Big market prick bullies :D:D

Yeah. I was but a wee lad at the time and didn't understand the financial side of hockey at all. But showing the article to my dad and seeing his eyes get wide, I knew what was going down.

You could've gotten me no presents for Christmas that year and I still would've been a happy kid knowing that Sakic was remaining an Av.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16477285)

Yeah. I was but a wee lad at the time and didn't understand the financial side of hockey at all. But showing the article to my dad and seeing his eyes get wide, I knew what was going down.

You could've gotten me no presents for Christmas that year and I still would've been a happy kid knowing that Sakic was remaining an Av.

Funny to think about where the Avs were a few years later. Bourque, Blake, Kasper...

fonzz41 06-21-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477296)
Funny to think about where the Avs were a few years later. Bourque, Blake, Kasper...

I will never, ever regret the Bourque and Blake acquisitions.

... That's all I have to say about your post.

aeroshady 06-21-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477233)
And the those kids should be thankful for that.

Again, there are kids in high school that were not alive when these deals went down. I barely even remember those days haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16477235)
you completely contradict yourself here...

Well yeah, my point was there was one exception where they did sign away and old guy. Staal was a mistake. At the time it seemed worth it for the price though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16477252)
Come on with Kurri. Really? He only ended his career with over 600 goals. You guys traded Mattias Nordstrom in that deal, who went on to captain the kings and had a long career. Sweet rental.

I only stopped at Bure and added etc but could have gone on.

So I am 30 years old and I guess my point would be that if I don't even remember the deal, or in the case of Kurri or Nordstrom, the players involved, it can't really be used as evidence that the Rangers still sign away the old guys for crazy contracts.

Stuff from 10+ years ago is not really relevant in sports. In many sports that includes titles. NFL doesn't give a rats ass who won 14 years ago. They care who won in the last 3-5 years.

NHL for me is about 10 years of history that matters. I believe the Rangers have been right in line with the rest of the NHL in the last 10 years.

Also Sal, the Islanders have DP and Yashin deals that make the Rangers ones from that era look like nothing haha.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16477307)
I will never, ever regret the Bourque and Blake acquisitions.

... That's all I have to say about your post.

Just saying funny how they went from possibly being fleeced to being one of teams that was the big spenders. Kariya and Selanne after that. oh and your favorite deal of Drury for Morris.

fonzz41 06-21-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16477314)
Also Sal, the Islanders have DP and Yashin deals that make the Rangers ones from that era look like nothing haha.

:lol Just about anything from the Milbury era.

fonzz41 06-21-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477323)
oh and your favorite deal of Drury for Morris.

Delete your account.

Dramageek 06-21-2016 12:00 PM

Tha fuck? Hawks apparently are contemplating getting Geno. The questions are: what the hell would the Pens get, and how will the Hawks make room under the cap?

https://twitter.com/stevezipay/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

fonzz41 06-21-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16477328)
Tha fuck? Hawks apparently are contemplating getting Geno. The questions are: what the hell would the Pens get, and how will the Hawks make room under the cap?

Goodbye Brent Seabrook.

Dramageek 06-21-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16477337)
Goodbye Brent Seabrook.

That would be tasty. I could see why the Hawks would be interested in Geno, but I'm not sold on the Pens giving him up. If the price was right, though...

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

They don't. Unless Toews or Kane are moved. 30.5mil for 3 players? Ummmmm no.

~Crashintome89~ 06-21-2016 12:17 PM

I don't see how the Hawks can do this without moving Kane, Toews, or Keith. Seabrook maybe, but that's a big subtraction in an area which you cemented for a number of years only to add a big offensive piece which you really don't need?

Hmm...

fonzz41 06-21-2016 12:20 PM

Yeah, in the end I do not see this happening. Kicking the tires on a player and seriously pursuing a trade are two very different things, and I have a feeling this is just the former.

But hey, it could happen.

#KaneCrosby2016

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 12:26 PM

Hawks have 16 players signed so have to sign 7 players, or get that many more on the roster, and do it for 7mil.....ok.

hailtopitt 06-21-2016 12:37 PM

Geno isn't going anywhere

salrx95 06-21-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16477314)

So I am 30 years old and I guess my point would be that if I don't even remember the deal, or in the case of Kurri or Nordstrom, the players involved, it can't really be used as evidence that the Rangers still sign away the old guys for crazy contracts.

Stuff from 10+ years ago is not really relevant in sports. In many sports that includes titles. NFL doesn't give a rats ass who won 14 years ago. They care who won in the last 3-5 years.

NHL for me is about 10 years of history that matters. I believe the Rangers have been right in line with the rest of the NHL in the last 10 years.

I was just surprised a regular poster in this thread didn't know who Kurri was. No biggie. I have that kind of brain for useless information and stats, especially on sports. My wife wanted me to go on that show "stump the Schwab".

Disagree about history. As a Yankees fan, I can tell you history means a lot. Islanders dynasty means a bunch and not just because its the only cups we have. It's a source of pride and that team accomplished something that will never be repeated...19 straight playoff series wins.

Yashin and Dp were signed in their prime and just entering their prime by the owner who wanted to make a big splash when he bought the team . Til this day, il say the dp would have worked out if not for injuries. Other teams followed suit soon thereafter with deals like that since it can make sense for cap reasons, etc.

lockman21 06-21-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

da faq

Quote:

Goodbye Brent Seabrook.

Please, no.

lockman21 06-21-2016 12:59 PM

Being a beat writer seems like the easiest job of all time.

"Hearing the Penguins are seriously entertaining offers for Crosby."

Look at that, I just got 1,000 retweets.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16477421)

That's kinda what I was thinking. Retweets mean that much? Clicks for an article I get...but tweets?

Dramageek 06-21-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16477421)

Exactly! I don't know who this Steve Zipay is other than a guy looking for clicks and retweets. Not seeing anything from anybody in Pittsburgh. I doubt this happens, even if the Hawks are looking at it.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 01:06 PM

Malkin is still supposed to be out at the start of the year right? Why would the Hawks do this, just from that standpoint? This is stupid. Maybe Eklund hacked this guys twitter, cause it sure sounds like him.

Dramageek 06-21-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477433)
Malkin is still supposed to be out at the start of the year right? Why would the Hawks do this, just from that standpoint? This is stupid. Maybe Eklund hacked this guys twitter, cause it sure sounds like him.

That's right. It was reported he has to get Tommy John surgery or some such yucky procedure on his elbow. He's supposed to be out for months.

Yeah, Geno's not going anywhere.

lockman21 06-21-2016 01:14 PM

It just stionks link clickbait.

"NHL's cash cow team looking at acquiring superstar on latest Stanley Cup Champion"

Formula for maximizing the audience of people who might care/freak out.

TMoore4075 06-21-2016 04:53 PM

Goligoski close to signing with Yotes. If I'm Yandle I'm more tempted to go to market. You're #1 now.

Lcsulla 06-22-2016 07:17 AM

Quote:

Saw that too and figured they had screwed up in the reporting and just used the Hawks instead of another team. The entire idea is absurd. Chicago has plenty of offense and if they want to keep most of it intact they are better off reigning Shaw and shedding some deadweight and see if Ladd will give them some sort of 'hometown' discount.

Quote:

Goodbye Brent Seabrook.

No way. Seabrook is far more advantageous to the Hawks chance of success than Malkin could be. No knock on Malkin but the Chicago has plenty of offense, they need a D guy who eats up ice time and chips in on offense much more than taking on a contract they cannot possibly fit into their cap structure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16477357)
That would be tasty. I could see why the Hawks would be interested in Geno, but I'm not sold on the Pens giving him up. If the price was right, though...

Course they'd be interested - any team would but in Chicago's case the numbers just do not work with the cap. This will never happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477361)
They don't. Unless Toews or Kane are moved. 30.5mil for 3 players? Ummmmm no.

Exactly and their is no chance in hell they move Toews or Kane - both homegrown superstars and the core of the team along with Keith, Seabrook, Hossa and Hjarlmasson.

Lcsulla 06-22-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16477723)
If I'm Yandle I'm more tempted to go to market. You're #1 now.

Guessing Florida would not have parted with 2 draft picks if they didn't have a pretty solid idea they could sign Yandle.

fonzz41 06-22-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Goligoski close to signing with Yotes. If I'm Yandle I'm more tempted to go to market. You're #1 now.

Just read that Lebrun is saying they are "close" to a 5 year deal. I guess Goligoski liked what he saw in Arizona.

And you know, now that I think about it, if you take out the fact that it's ARIZONA, there's a ton to like about the Coyotes right now. All the right young foundational pieces.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16479022)
No way. Seabrook is far more advantageous to the Hawks chance of success than Malkin could be. No knock on Malkin but the Chicago has plenty of offense, they need a D guy who eats up ice time and chips in on offense much more than taking on a contract they cannot possibly fit into their cap structure.

That was a total joke, but something they would have to consider if they ever were serious about acquiring Malkin.

As an update to all that malarkey, Rutherford came out today and said Malkin is not available. Glad that reporter got his retweets.

hailtopitt 06-22-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

god what does that say about the market :lol

Lcsulla 06-22-2016 07:34 AM

If we do get a team in Las Vegas and you are your teams GM who do you protect? If I was Bowman these would likely be my choices:

Crawford
Keith
Seabrook
Hjarlmasson
Toews
Kane
Hossa
Shaw (assuming the Hawks retain him)
Anisimov
Kruger
Desjardins or Panik

Admittedly if the Hawks can work something out with Ladd they'd protect him over Anisimov or Kruger. TVR and Panarin would not have the requisite 2 full years to be eligible for the draft so no need to protect either I believe.

hailtopitt 06-22-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16479068)
If we do get a team in Las Vegas and you are your teams GM who do you protect? If I was Bowman these would likely be my choices:

Crawford
Keith
Seabrook
Hjarlmasson
Toews
Kane
Hossa
Shaw (assuming the Hawks retain him)
Anisimov
Kruger
Desjardins or Panik

Admittedly if the Hawks can work something out with Ladd they'd protect him over Anisimov or Kruger. TVR and Panarin would not have the requisite 2 full years to be eligible for the draft so no need to protect either I believe.

i would nuke Vegas and hold Bettman hostage saying that i'll drop another nuke if they try to expand again

lockman21 06-22-2016 07:37 AM

Ladd isn't coming back, and Anisimov has a NMC so he has to be protected.

~Crashintome89~ 06-22-2016 07:39 AM

Quote:

True, but I don't know how much more money Yandle is going to get on the market. Teams are shying away from big contracts and only willing to dish out large contracts to elite players. I wouldn't call Yandle elite, and he's certainly no spring chicken. He's 29, in his prime right now.

It's tough though. I think he ultimately signs with Florida before July 1st. He'll be the guy next to Ekblad, especially if Campbell decides to leave.

Lcsulla 06-22-2016 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16479050)
That was a total joke, but something they would have to consider if they ever were serious about acquiring Malkin.

As an update to all that malarkey, Rutherford came out today and said Malkin is not available. Glad that reporter got his retweets.

I assumed you were joking based on your knowledge of the game. I also saw that article you mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16479056)
god what does that say about the market :lol

Says to me that the options for defensemen are really low. Better to develop internally, trade or look to the European leagues or the KHL for an NHL ready player.

Lcsulla 06-22-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16479071)
i would nuke Vegas and hold Bettman hostage saying that i'll drop another nuke if they try to expand again

I would agree with this mindset! Las Vegas team will be a joke, nothing more than a gimmick IMO. Basically the only way they could fill an arena is to give out tickets to medium and high rollers every night and I do not see how they would be much of a draw on the road either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16479072)
Ladd isn't coming back, and Anisimov has a NMC so he has to be protected.

Did not know that about Anisimov, thought he waived it when he came to Chicago. Not completely giving up on keeping Ladd. Theoritically they can shed some deadweight to make cap room, work with Ladd to try and get him to take a little less than he'd get on an open market and then backload the contract - not like Ladd is having cash flow problems right now.

TMoore4075 06-22-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16479071)

They ain't staying at 31.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16479092)
I would agree with this mindset! Las Vegas team will be a joke, nothing more than a gimmick IMO. Basically the only way they could fill an arena is to give out tickets to medium and high rollers every night and I do not see how they would be much of a draw on the road either.

I'm not saying Vegas is great for the long term, honestly we have no idea. But I'm not worried like so many people are about the tourists needing to fill it. They hit 12,000 season tickets purchased with a minimum of a 3 year commitment before they had a team there. Now they are up over 14,000 and I bet it grows a little more when they formally announce. Those are just locals. So the interest is there right now. Does is last? Only if the team competes but that goes for every team outside of Canada. Illitch used to give away cars because no one went to Wings games. Hawks and Pens used to have trouble getting people to show up too. Again I'm not for expanding but I think Vegas will be fine. You've got local interest, a smart owner who has done his homework, he owns the arena so can't get fucked by a crappy lease, and the NHL has done it's homework on this too and being the first team there will be helpful too. We don't need another team but i'd take Vegas over a couple other markets right now.

unccrombie 06-22-2016 08:49 AM

with the schedules being released today...when do tickets normally go on sale?

TheLastPig 06-22-2016 08:51 AM

Saw the report about the Hawks pursuing Malkin.

Clearly I dont take it seriously whatsoever, but did that report even come from anyone reliable?

Also heard numbers for Goligoski, 5 years $27 mil. Seems to be way overpaying for him, what was he making in Dallas?

Roose13 06-22-2016 09:31 AM

No way Hawks acquire Malkin unless they trade Kane for him. That's too much salary for Malkin + Kane and Toews.

Lcsulla 06-22-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16479212)
But I'm not worried like so many people are about the tourists needing to fill it. They hit 12,000 season tickets purchased with a minimum of a 3 year commitment before they had a team there. Now they are up over 14,000 and I bet it grows a little more when they formally announce. Those are just locals.

They may be technically locals but you have to wonder how many of those season ticket have been snatched up by hotels, casino's and whorehouses to give to repeat customers, high rollers and stuff like that.

Lcsulla 06-22-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16479402)
No way Hawks acquire Malkin unless they trade Kane for him.

No chance Chicago would even consider that. Kane is 2 years younger than Malkin, is a better all around player than Malkin and I see no reason at all the Hawks would want to break up the Kane/Panarin pairing on their second line. A full court press to resign Panarin after next season makes much more sense for Chicago once they shed some salary and can lock him up long term.

fonzz41 06-22-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16479287)
Also heard numbers for Goligoski, 5 years $27 mil. Seems to be way overpaying for him, what was he making in Dallas?

Not sure of his pay in Dallas, but what these new numbers are just about right for a top pairing D-man. He's not an all-star but he's a steady defenseman who can play both the PP and PK and will probably be the #2 behind OEL. Not quite an all-star level player, but the type of defenseman you don't always notice because he quietly goes about doing his job.

~Crashintome89~ 06-22-2016 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16479439)
No chance Chicago would even consider that. Kane is 2 years younger than Malkin, is a better all around player than Malkin and I see no reason at all the Hawks would want to break up the Kane/Panarin pairing on their second line. A full court press to resign Panarin after next season makes much more sense for Chicago once they shed some salary and can lock him up long term.

The only way or reason the Hawks move Kane would have nothing to do with his on ice production.

hailtopitt 06-22-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16479654)
The only way or reason the Hawks move Kane would have nothing to do with his on ice production.

yup

and if it came to that, he would be toxic and have little to no trade value

~Crashintome89~ 06-22-2016 10:54 AM

he's already on a tight leash, he's stuck in Chicago for the summer on management's orders.

barbogast 06-22-2016 11:00 AM

Wow I didn't realize the Hawks had Kane on a leash like that. If I remember correctly, everything that happened last summer turned out to be false accusations, yes?

jrkarger 06-22-2016 11:29 AM

Malkin rumor pure lunacy.

TMoore4075 06-22-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16479278)
with the schedules being released today...when do tickets normally go on sale?

Wings single games is like the last week of August.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16479770)
Malkin rumor pure lunacy.

So did you enjoy your weekend?

lockman21 06-22-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16479667)
he's already on a tight leash, he's stuck in Chicago for the summer on management's orders.

What has this thread become? TMZ? Malkin trades, Kane gossip...Lord.

That was more nonsense. Kane wanted to stay in Chicago, team just supported his decision.

jrkarger 06-22-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16479787)
Wings single games is like the last week of August.

So did you enjoy your weekend?

Yeah!!! The surprise was tickets to the Bristow show. Set could have been better but in all it was really fun.

TMoore4075 06-22-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16479811)
Yeah!!! The surprise was tickets to the Bristow show. Set could have been better but in all it was really fun.

Yeah I know. Keeping that quite for a month was tough for me. Was gonna text you just before the show but...forgot. lol Yeah wish the set would have been a little better for you.

jrkarger 06-22-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16479825)
Yeah I know. Keeping that quite for a month was tough for me. Was gonna text you just before the show but...forgot. lol Yeah wish the set would have been a little better for you.

:lol You knew too?!?! :lol

Seemed like everyone knew but me!!! :lol

TMoore4075 06-22-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16479835)
:lol You knew too?!?! :lol

Seemed like everyone knew but me!!! :lol

Yeah I was kinda digging last week to see if you knew yet cause I didn't know when she was gonna tell you.

A quick trip for DMB is never bad. Unless they played Stand Up in full then maybe.

jrkarger 06-22-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16479852)
Yeah I was kinda digging last week to see if you knew yet cause I didn't know when she was gonna tell you.

A quick trip for DMB is never bad. Unless they played Stand Up in full then maybe.

:lol Yikes

Yeah I didn't find out until Wednesday night that were were leaving Saturday morning.

TMoore4075 06-22-2016 12:24 PM

So Lucic going to the market. Idea of where that fat ass ends up? I really hope not here. lol Other than Stamkos, I'm not sure any of the other forward UFA really help my team. I'd rather just say go with the kids.

~Crashintome89~ 06-22-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16479810)
That was more nonsense. Kane wanted to stay in Chicago, team just supported his decision.

If that's what you want to believe, fine by me...

fonzz41 06-22-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16479947)
So Lucic going to the market. Idea of where that fat ass ends up? I really hope not here. lol Other than Stamkos, I'm not sure any of the other forward UFA really help my team. I'd rather just say go with the kids.

He's said before that he'd love to go home to Vancouver, and they could really use him right now.

rickyh24 06-22-2016 01:38 PM

Las Vegas Black Knights :lol :lol

fonzz41 06-22-2016 02:00 PM

I admittedly haven't looked extensively for the answer to this (why should I when I've got you guys???), but how many players can Las Vegas take from each team during the expansions draft?

Is it like one player per team until the roster is filled? Or could they completely, like, decimate another team's roster and select 10 guys?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found the answer:
Quote:

Las Vegas must select one player from each of the existing 30 teams, including at least 14 forwards, nine defensemen and three goalies.

rickyh24 06-22-2016 02:07 PM

How many players can each team freeze?

dmbetc 06-22-2016 02:11 PM

7 forwards, 3 defenseman, 1 goalie

Or

8 skaters (forwards/defensemen), 1 goalie

rickyh24 06-22-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16480170)
7 forwards, 3 defenseman, 1 goalie

Or

8 skaters (forwards/defensemen), 1 goalie

Sucks to be the black Knights.

TMoore4075 06-22-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16480193)
Sucks to be the black Knights.

Go look at the expansion draft rules for when the last 4 teams came into the league. Vegas will be getting much more quality players than any of those teams got.

barbogast 06-22-2016 03:56 PM

Yeah there's no doubt the Vegas team will ice a fairly respectable team in year one. Fortunately it seems like my team won't be too dramatically affected. But every player chosen will at least be an nhl quality player. Wasn't really like that before if I'm remembering correctly.

TMoore4075 06-22-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16480352)
Yeah there's no doubt the Vegas team will ice a fairly respectable team in year one. Fortunately it seems like my team won't be too dramatically affected. But every player chosen will at least be an nhl quality player. Wasn't really like that before if I'm remembering correctly.

You were getting 4th line guys mostly before and 3rd string goalies. The old rules:
"each allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards."

Wings list Stacy Roest, Daryl Laplante, Norm Maracle and Doug Brown (but got him back by trading a young prospect to Nashville who never played). I think that about sums up why most of those sucked for so long. These rules are better, I think the league had more talent, plus a salary cap. It should benefit them a lot.

UCFish 06-22-2016 04:27 PM

People real rattled tweeting nonstop at @NHL that Panarin was not a rookie.

Silly thing to melt over!

barbogast 06-22-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16480384)
You were getting 4th line guys mostly before and 3rd string goalies. The old rules:
"each allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards."

Wings list Stacy Roest, Daryl Laplante, Norm Maracle and Doug Brown (but got him back by trading a young prospect to Nashville who never played). I think that about sums up why most of those sucked for so long. These rules are better, I think the league had more talent, plus a salary cap. It should benefit them a lot.

I think the biggest thing that pops out to me is teams only being able to protect one goalie. There's gonna be some GOOD 'tenders available this time.

TMoore4075 06-22-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16480395)
People real rattled tweeting nonstop at @NHL that Panarin was not a rookie.

Silly thing to melt over!

He was older than the rest no doubt but still technically a rookie.
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16480406)
I think the biggest thing that pops out to me is teams only being able to protect one goalie. There's gonna be some GOOD 'tenders available this time.

Just off the top of my head barring trades Howard and Fleury. Sure they are getting older but a nice was to start a franchise and have time to groom a kid.

fonzz41 06-22-2016 05:58 PM

Selke and Byng: Kopitar
Adams: Trotz
Norris: Doughty
Vezina: Holtby
Messier: Weber
Calder: Panarin

Looking good so far. All deserving.

barbogast 06-22-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16480667)
Selke and Byng: Kopitar
Adams: Trotz
Norris: Doughty
Vezina: Holtby
Messier: Weber
Calder: Panarin

Looking good so far. All deserving.

Look at all those Caps! And y'all say the Penns were the best team this year

:haha

lockman21 06-22-2016 09:10 PM

Congrats to Kaner on the Hart. First American born player to win the Hart.

With all due respect to Modano, and not just saying this because I hate Chelios, but when he retires, Kane will likely be seen as the greatest American born hockey player of all time.

JRS1386 06-22-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16481583)

With all due respect to Modano, and not just saying this because I hate Chelios, but when he retires, Kane will likely be seen as the greatest American born hockey player of all time.

You spelled John Leclair wrong

lockman21 06-22-2016 10:01 PM

Any of you bozo's going to Alpine?

dmbetc 06-22-2016 10:17 PM

Kane looked like he had a pole up his butt.

JRS1386 06-22-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16481624)
Any of you bozo's going to Alpine?

All the cool kids went to Cville

dmbetc 06-22-2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16481634)
All the cool kids went to Cville

:eiffeltower

fonzz41 06-23-2016 12:24 AM

Yandle just got paid. If he can find his game again, he will look good as a Panther.

Quote:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3h3 hours ago
Keith Yandle has agreed to terms with the Florida Panthers: seven years and $6.35 million average per season
Looks like Brian Campbell will definitely be hitting the market.

dmbetc 06-23-2016 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16481652)
Yandle just got paid. If he can find his game again, he will look good as a Panther.

LA Kings?

TMoore4075 06-23-2016 03:17 AM

See now I'm wondering if FLA trading for his rights made Yandle have them by the balls. 7 years is a lot and a NMC?

salrx95 06-23-2016 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16481583)

Only cause LaFontaine's career was cut short by injury

Yandle got paid. Must be per point offensively and those given up defensively.

lockman21 06-23-2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

I couldn't be more proud. *sheds single tear*

Quote:

He's already said he wants to come back to Chicago. At this point I'd be shocked if he didn't sign here. Hawks are looking to move Kruger and possibly Shaw's rights, and Soupy said he would take a discount to be here. Hawks already signed him to that ridiculous contract he had before, he's 37 and just wants to win another Cup, his wife is from Chicago, he still has a home in Chicago...I'd be absolutely shocked if he's not a Blackhawk next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16481660)
See now I'm wondering if FLA trading for his rights made Yandle have them by the balls. 7 years is a lot and a NMC?

He should have got 8 years. ;)

TMoore4075 06-23-2016 06:55 AM

Do you like the idea of trading Shaw?

lockman21 06-23-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16481880)
Do you like the idea of trading Shaw?

Eh, I mean, I'm not opposed to it. I love what he brings because there's no one else like him on the Hawks roster. Full of energy, great locker room guy, etc...but those were reasons why people said the Hawks should keep Adam Burish, soooooo...ya know...they're pretty dumb reasons.

Ryan Hartman should be able to step in and replace 90% of Shaw's production for 33% of the cost. If the Hawks can sign Shaw to another bridge deal (like Kruger was) at $2m, then fine, but anything more than that feels like a bad idea at this point. Hawks are so strapped for cap space, Kruger and Shaw seem like the likely candidates to be moved. The Toews and Kane deals are atrocious for the cap.