Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 09-22-2015 05:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

So keepers for me are (not knowing how many we can keep) Pavelski, Malkin, Hedman, Johnny Hockey for sure. The questions are Markov, Hossa and Datsyuk. Not knowing when Pavel is back is a big question and Hossa, while helpful is slowly on the decline. But do I find anyone better in the draft?

barbogast 09-22-2015 05:34 AM

Probably only going to keep Giroux, Karlsson and Backstrom. Sounds like Nicky's only going to miss the first ~2 weeks of the season, so not a lot of risk there. I do wish we knew for sure how many we can keep.

TMoore4075 09-22-2015 06:19 AM

‏@frank_seravalli:
"Through 2 nights: 3-on-3 OT in 7 preseason games. A winning goal was scored in 6 of 7 and only 1 of 6 took longer than 2:05. (@TSNResearch)"

dmbetc 09-22-2015 06:33 AM

How long are the 3-on-3's, 5 minutes?

TMoore4075 09-22-2015 06:35 AM

yeah, 5 minutes.

barbogast 09-22-2015 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16144958)
‏@frank_seravalli:
"Through 2 nights: 3-on-3 OT in 7 preseason games. A winning goal was scored in 6 of 7 and only 1 of 6 took longer than 2:05. (@TSNResearch)"

The NHL may have solved their problem of too many shootouts, but it was so wide open last night it almost looked silly. It will be interesting to see how teams approach it going forward, and when it's games that count. The full on go for it, high risk high reward style I watched last night is gonna suck when it goes against you in a regular season game. I'm curious to see if teams go for it like that, or play it more safe (maybe use 2 d?). Like I said, after actually seeing it, there was just so much room, it's almost cartoonish. I just kind of think it will get old quick seeing games end like what I saw last night.

Granted, last night didn't feature starting goalies. So there's that.

TMoore4075 09-22-2015 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16144984)
The NHL may have solved their problem of too many shootouts, but it was so wide open last night it almost looked silly. It will be interesting to see how teams approach it going forward, and when it's games that count. The full on go for it, high risk high reward style I watched last night is gonna suck when it goes against you in a regular season game. I'm curious to see if teams go for it like that, or play it more safe (maybe use 2 d?). Like I said, after actually seeing it, there was just so much room, it's almost cartoonish. I just kind of think it will get old quick seeing games end like what I saw last night.

Granted, last night didn't feature starting goalies. So there's that.

Yeah that's my concern is that it'll seem weird with so few guys out there. I think most of us agreed that 4 on 4 should have happened first but NHPA is stupid and wants to wield what little power they actually have. BUT they needed to lessen the shootouts. I said before, I wonder if we just end up back at ties after a while. There is no perfect solution at all. The fairest one is a tie. No matter how much people hate it, it's the fairest across the board. You can't argue that.

unccrombie 09-22-2015 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16144992)
Yeah that's my concern is that it'll seem weird with so few guys out there. I think most of us agreed that 4 on 4 should have happened first but NHPA is stupid and wants to wield what little power they actually have. BUT they needed to lessen the shootouts. I said before, I wonder if we just end up back at ties after a while. There is no perfect solution at all. The fairest one is a tie. No matter how much people hate it, it's the fairest across the board. You can't argue that.

they could have done old school indoor soccer rules, but modified: 4v4 for 2 min, 3v3 for 2 min, .... :lol
I remember it getting down to goalie vs goalie in a couple of my games.

barbogast 09-22-2015 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16144992)

Agreed, you really can't argue that. But ties do kind of suck, and honestly there used to be too many of them. In a league desperate for offensive excitement, I don't think they want anything to do with a tie. Don't forget how bad it was when teams played for a tie. I don't hate them or anything, but if they ever come back it won't be for a long, long time. The shootout will be the ultimate decider. Unfortunately.

TMoore4075 09-22-2015 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16145005)
Agreed, you really can't argue that. But ties do kind of suck, and honestly there used to be too many of them. In a league desperate for offensive excitement, I don't think they want anything to do with a tie. Don't forget how bad it was when teams played for a tie. I don't hate them or anything, but if they ever come back it won't be for a long, long time. The shootout will be the ultimate decider. Unfortunately.

I didn't hate the ties. Didn't like them either but they were part of the game and I accepted that because it really wasn't hurting anything. No one was gaining or losing points because of them. If we have to live with SO I'll take this 3on3 all day to lessen them.

TMoore4075 09-22-2015 09:06 AM

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/09/21/...eries-jerseys/

uhhhhhhh. At least 90 year old people will be able to read the numbers...

fonzz41 09-22-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16145283)
http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/09/21/...eries-jerseys/

uhhhhhhh. At least 90 year old people will be able to read the numbers...

Yeah I don't love these. Especially after seeing how cool their new third sweaters look. Was hoping for more like that.

kev87lads 09-22-2015 10:14 AM

Those are horrendous.

lockman21 09-22-2015 10:33 AM

Those might be worse than the Islanders third.

unccrombie 09-22-2015 10:37 AM

definitely worse than the islanders

TMoore4075 09-22-2015 12:02 PM

I'm not sure I'd say worse than the Isles because the Isles will wear theirs more than the Avs will wear these.

dmbetc 09-22-2015 05:23 PM

Tim I apologize for my moms Facebook reply to you, she thought you were her cousin. :lol

dmbetc 09-22-2015 05:25 PM

Headed to Staples. I know it's only stupid preseason but I start my job shortly after the season starts and won't be able to go to many. Gonna do it up right.

waterboy100 09-22-2015 05:47 PM

So, last year the idea of a keeper league was tossed around. I've been thinking about the number and type of players that should be allowed to be kept. After speaking to a buddy of mine we came to the following conclusions

'Real' draft: Worst team drafts first...
5 Keepers: Max of 2 forwards, 2 d-men, 1 goalie
No keeping your previous years first round pick: This allows true superstars to be released back into the pool.

Let me know what you think...

edit: First round picks were:
Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Corey Perry
Alex Ovechkin
Tuukka Rask
Evgeni Malkin
Patrick Kane
Henrik Lundqvist
Jonathan Quick
Ryan Getzlaf
Claude Giroux
Jamie Benn

waterboy100 09-22-2015 05:54 PM

Also, we are still waiting for the owner of Quebec Nordiques to show up. Anyone know who that was? Or is anyone interested in taking it over?

dmbetc 09-22-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16145891)
Also, we are still waiting for the owner of Quebec Nordiques to show up. Anyone know who that was? Or is anyone interested in taking it over?

I think that might be unccrombie

waterboy100 09-22-2015 06:06 PM

So, I also made a few changes to the scoring of the league. For the skaters i removed Penalty Minutes and added Blocks. And for Goalies i removed Games Started and Shutouts and added Saves.

I think that this helps balance things out a bit. Penalty Minutes is a stat that rewards your player for handicapping their team. Blocks will help make defensemen a bit more valuable.

Games started is dumb upon reflection and shutouts is a bit too luck based for my taste. I added Saves because that will help reward people for starting their goalies and not resting after 3 great starts. Also it will help reward number one goalies, but can also be contributed to by lesser goalies.

So our tracked stats are now
New Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals, Assists, Plus/Minus, Powerplay Points, Shots on Goal, Faceoffs Won, Hits, Blocks
New Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins, Goals Against Average, Saves, Save Percentage

Anyways, that should wrap up my posts for tonight, let me know what you guys think.

daveshookme 09-22-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16145891)

I'd be interested I suppose. How much $$?

waterboy100 09-22-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16145904)
I'd be interested I suppose. How much $$?

I'll take whatever you want to give me..

seriously though, it isnt a pay league.

daveshookme 09-22-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16145913)
I'll take whatever you want to give me..

seriously though, it isnt a pay league.

Oh then I'm definitely interested if uncrombie is giving it up. I'll check with him.

barbogast 09-22-2015 06:35 PM

Pretty sure Quebec Nordiques was Greg (aeroshady). Haven't seen him in here for a while

bradshaw06 09-22-2015 07:07 PM

By god. I know its only preseason, but kessel 2 goals, crosby/malkin 3 pts each, letang 4 points.

bradshaw06 09-22-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16145886)
So, last year the idea of a keeper league was tossed around. I've been thinking about the number and type of players that should be allowed to be kept. After speaking to a buddy of mine we came to the following conclusions

No keeping your previous years first round pick: This allows true superstars to be released back into the pool.

Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Corey Perry
Alex Ovechkin
Tuukka Rask
Evgeni Malkin
Patrick Kane
Henrik Lundqvist
Jonathan Quick
Ryan Getzlaf
Claude Giroux
Jamie Benn

sounds good to me.

dmbetc 09-22-2015 07:40 PM

http://imgur.com/b1nDkGI

Weird

dmbetc 09-22-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16145920)
Pretty sure Quebec Nordiques was Greg (aeroshady). Haven't seen him in here for a while

Oh yeah..I knew it was a Rangers fan.

dmbetc 09-22-2015 07:41 PM

New page, still weird

coldengrey12 09-22-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16145310)
Yeah I don't love these. Especially after seeing how cool their new third sweaters look. Was hoping for more like that.

I'm gonna be in the "cheap" seats. Big numbers sound good to me. :lol

Those new 3rd sweaters look sharp, though.

unccrombie 09-23-2015 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16145964)
New page, still weird

Draft Kings.
Definitely weird.

TMoore4075 09-23-2015 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16145864)
Tim I apologize for my moms Facebook reply to you, she thought you were her cousin. :lol

LOL no problem. Was funny.
Quote:

Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Corey Perry
Alex Ovechkin
Tuukka Rask
Evgeni Malkin
Patrick Kane
Henrik Lundqvist
Jonathan Quick
Ryan Getzlaf
Claude Giroux
Jamie Benn

This sounds ok to me. Thanks for the list, helps me out, also makes it easier to make my choices for keepers.

TMoore4075 09-23-2015 05:25 AM

Still need to make a decision on forwards. Johnny Hockey or Pavel? Probably Gaudreau since Pavel will miss time to start the year. Maybe I can grab him in the draft still.

TMoore4075 09-23-2015 05:32 AM

Also read this morning that the young Wings (no stars played) had a nice third period against a Hawks team that had a lot of their stars on the ice. Down 4-1, came back to force OT. Not that it matters at all but nice to see the young kids play well. Guessing Wings put a lot of the stars in tonight at home. No need to travel the veterans and let the home fans see them instead of on the road.

UCFish 09-23-2015 10:41 AM

This Kane story just took an absurd turn.

gocubsgo3822 09-23-2015 10:42 AM

educate yourself. Kane gains nothing by doing this

Tiduwho 09-23-2015 10:57 AM

Shit makes no sense. Lost.

Shady shit that doesn't make sense.

fonzz41 09-23-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16145920)

How dare he desecrate such a sacred name
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16145903)
Anyways, that should wrap up my posts for tonight, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for all your work on this. :thumbsup
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 16145969)
I'm gonna be in the "cheap" seats. Big numbers sound good to me. :lol

Those new 3rd sweaters look sharp, though.

Yeah, I don't care about the numbers like some do. The sweaters themselves just aren't that cool.

Yeah, the 3rd sweaters are awesome.

For those who haven't seen them: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...204804696.html

EDIT: Coldengrey, do you go to many games? I'm making the trip out to go see them play the Bruins on the 14th. Would be rad to meet up.

TMoore4075 09-23-2015 11:45 AM

Just read the Kane stuff. wtf is going on?

barbogast 09-23-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16146661)
Just read the Kane stuff. wtf is going on?

This is my thought as well

barbogast 09-23-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 (Post 16146600)
educate yourself. Kane gains nothing by doing this

Why would anyone think he would? If anything I would say this looks bad for him. Like really bad.

DMBZeppelin 09-23-2015 11:52 AM

Ya this Kane shit is crazy. How did the police let this happen?

lockman21 09-23-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Corey Perry
Alex Ovechkin
Tuukka Rask
Evgeni Malkin
Patrick Kane
Henrik Lundqvist
Jonathan Quick
Ryan Getzlaf
Claude Giroux
Jamie Benn

I like it!

rustysurf83 09-23-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16146668)
Ya this Kane shit is crazy. How did the police let this happen?

This is what I would guess happened: Rape kit was taken at hospital and put in the envelope being discussed. Rape kit in envelope was delivered to lab. Lab opened the envelope to test the rape kit. After testing kit was put in new envelope. Original envelope ended up in the trash. Some dumpster diving Kane fanboi found it and has a sick sense of humor.

TMoore4075 09-24-2015 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustysurf83 (Post 16147130)
This is what I would guess happened: Rape kit was taken at hospital and put in the envelope being discussed. Rape kit in envelope was delivered to lab. Lab opened the envelope to test the rape kit. After testing kit was put in new envelope. Original envelope ended up in the trash. Some dumpster diving Kane fanboi found it and has a sick sense of humor.

I dunno. You'd think that the girls lawyer would have asked "hey is this just the first envelope and you've since put it in another?" before doing this. I know someone could say he wanted the attention but if the cops come out and say "yeah we have it in an new envelope now, nothing mischievous has happened" that would make him look stupid.

TMoore4075 09-24-2015 06:46 AM

Speaking of actual hockey though.... hope last night is an example of what Richards will be able to do with Tatar. They already seem to have good chemistry out there. Only one preseason game, but I like what I saw..well for the few minutes I watched.

salrx95 09-24-2015 06:53 AM

Isles came out to "No Sleep til Brooklyn" last night. Shocker.

2-0 now. So pissed I had forgotten the game was on TV so I didn't DVR it. Worked 24 hours between Tues and Wed so last 2 days were a blur.

BotheLaneFan 09-24-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16147300)
I dunno. You'd think that the girls lawyer would have asked "hey is this just the first envelope and you've since put it in another?" before doing this. I know someone could say he wanted the attention but if the cops come out and say "yeah we have it in an new envelope now, nothing mischievous has happened" that would make him look stupid.

According to Deadspin...

Update (3:46 p.m.): Erie County Commissioner of Central Police Services John Glascott released a statement today claiming that all the evidence related to Kane’s case is accounted for, including the rape kit and packaging.

Lcsulla 09-24-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan (Post 16147327)
According to Deadspin...

Update (3:46 p.m.): Erie County Commissioner of Central Police Services John Glascott released a statement today claiming that all the evidence related to Kane’s case is accounted for, including the rape kit and packaging.

This just makes no sense at all to me, rape kits don't just spontaneously multiply and transport. So was the rape kit left on the door step a phony? If so to what end? Kane gains nothing by having someone doing this because he would have himself or others charged with evidence tampering and a major HIPPA violation in addition to a possible rape charge. If anything Kane would likely benefit from an investigation as to how the bag got there.

Also, the results of the rape kit were made known to both prosecution and Kane's lawyers who found no evidence of Kane's DNA on the woman "from the waist down."

Given the DNA results and the latest mess with the kit this is likely going to result in no charges filed. Kane is in a no win situation though, whether allegations are true or not this is a black mark on his character that is going to haunt him for the rest of his career. He cannot even do anything about it - he could file a defamation of character suit but as a star athlete and millionaire he will get zero sympathy from the public, the media or the courts - he will be vilified for a suit (even if he was not seeking damages) just to clear his name. That is not justice IMO.

Roose13 09-24-2015 02:20 PM

You know what I like about this thread? We comment only when something new comes up on Kane. There isn't 150 pages of back and forth like in the NFL Thread during DeflateGate.

dmbetc 09-24-2015 06:31 PM

That's because hockey fans are mature.

rustysurf83 09-24-2015 07:18 PM

Accuser's attorney in the Kane case has resigned. Kane's attorney has a press conference tonight and the DA has one scheduled for tomorrow.

DMBZeppelin 09-24-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustysurf83 (Post 16147977)
Accuser's attorney in the Kane case has resigned. Kane's attorney has a press conference tonight and the DA has one scheduled for tomorrow.

This whole thing is crazy. It sounds like the victims mother blew up the whole case. Though we'll have to wait to hear what the DA says.

rustysurf83 09-24-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16147986)
This whole thing is crazy. It sounds like the victims mother blew up the whole case. Though we'll have to wait to hear what the DA says.

Largely 2 reasons that an attorney would ever recuse themselves in this type of situation:
1. Client can't pay anymore
2. Attorney was lied to about something major

You're not worried about getting paid in a case against Patrick Kane so.....

lockman21 09-24-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16147859)
You know what I like about this thread? We comment only when something new comes up on Kane. There isn't 150 pages of back and forth like in the NFL Thread during DeflateGate.

Time and time again this thread proves why it's one of the best on this website. I think, for the most part, we're a pretty level headed group that understands the seriousness of this, and understands how quickly rumors and hearsay can make things go bonkers.

We're a tough group that can make fun of each other, but also can actually hold discussions in a logical, intelligent way.

Also, Detroit sucks.

lockman21 09-24-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustysurf83 (Post 16147992)
Largely 2 reasons that an attorney would ever recuse themselves in this type of situation:
1. Client can't pay anymore
2. Attorney was lied to about something major

You're not worried about getting paid in a case against Patrick Kane so.....

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The lawyer of a woman accusing Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane of sexual assault abruptly quit the case Thursday night, saying he's no longer comfortable representing the woman because of how her mother reported finding an evidence bag they believed once held the woman's rape kit.

rustysurf83 09-24-2015 08:00 PM

Red Wings blow dick.Fucking Communists.

barbogast 09-24-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustysurf83 (Post 16147977)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16147998)
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The lawyer of a woman accusing Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane of sexual assault abruptly quit the case Thursday night, saying he's no longer comfortable representing the woman because of how her mother reported finding an evidence bag they believed once held the woman's rape kit.

What. The. Fuck.

This thing just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Kaner starting to look more and more innocent, imo

barbogast 09-24-2015 09:54 PM

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-jersey-video/

This could only happen to Alex Semin.

dmbetc 09-24-2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16148034)
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-jersey-video/

This could only happen to Alex Semin.

:lol:lol:lol

Roose13 09-25-2015 04:14 AM

That's awesome :lol

And this Kane thing is looking bad for the girl. Jesus. Good for Kane

Tiduwho 09-25-2015 05:14 AM

If this girl really did get raped, wow did her mom just fuck up her life even worse.

kelchlsm 09-25-2015 05:49 AM

Not sure how she was raped if Kane's DNA wasn't found below her waist.... Odd story, but seems more and more like a money grab from the start

salrx95 09-25-2015 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 16148088)
Not sure how she was raped if Kane's DNA wasn't found below her waist....

Really?

You need this explained to you?

Roose13 09-25-2015 06:12 AM

Facefucking is not rape according to kelchism.

kelchlsm 09-25-2015 06:15 AM

You guys are right he raped her via BJ :rolleyes

TMoore4075 09-25-2015 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiduwho (Post 16148076)
If this girl really did get raped, wow did her mom just fuck up her life even worse.

So weird. My guess is the mother thought with the leaks coming out about the test she had to do something...but that's so amazingly dumb. I think we all assume something happened that night but when you do something like this and it blows up in your face...it's gonna make your daughter look bad.

BotheLaneFan 09-25-2015 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 16148100)
You guys are right he raped her via BJ :rolleyes

I mean, you are aware that can totally happen, right?

Sexual assault isn't just inserting your hoo-hoo dilly into a woman's cha cha. You get that, right? Please tell me you get that.

kelchlsm 09-25-2015 06:28 AM

Yes I get that, but given the circumstances, I find it highly unlikely of it happening in this case

Lcsulla 09-25-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Not sure how she was raped if Kane's DNA wasn't found below her waist.... Odd story, but seems more and more like a money grab from the start

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. This is extremely fishy. Even if he wore a condom sex (especially rape) involves a lot of bodily contact, if this woman did not shower before taking the rape kit is is almost impossible for Kane to have left no DNA, he'd have to be in an isolation suit or something. Think a moment about sex, you are using your hands, your private parts, your mouth all of which leave unique DNA samples - hairs, saliva, skin cells, bodily fluids, etc, etc.

Guess is the prosecution's press conference will be stating that the investigation is over and no charges will be filed when they make their statements.

rickyh24 09-25-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16147859)

That's because this story is about an nhl player. It's getting nearly no press coverage.

BotheLaneFan 09-25-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16148214)
That's because this story is about an nhl player. It's getting nearly no press coverage.

And it's about rape, which isn't as easy to throw around as "deflated footballs" (that weren't actually deflated.)

Dramageek 09-25-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan (Post 16148218)
And it's about rape, which isn't as easy to throw around as "deflated footballs" (that weren't actually deflated.)

:lol To be fair, though, Ben Roethelisberger's similar situation was plenty discussed.

TMoore4075 09-25-2015 08:33 AM

The DA is explaining what happened with the bag. The mother seriously hurt her daughter's case now.

kelchlsm 09-25-2015 09:29 AM

Im assuming she did this to try and get the rape kit evidence tossed out, because Kanes DNA wasnt found on her. What a headache this has become, who does this type of shit? The mother should be prosecuted.

Roose13 09-25-2015 10:15 AM

This straight up reads like an SVU episode.

kelchlsm 09-25-2015 10:25 AM

Kind of feel bad for the lawyer that stepped down from this, his image too probably wont be the same either. But, really? You didn't think to make a simple phone call to check the authenticity before holding a press conference slamming your fists?

TMoore4075 09-25-2015 10:36 AM

Even if she did it to get the rape kit thrown out, doing this hurts because now even if something happened, it'll be hard for people to believe anything.

One tweet I read I thought was right, this craziness will make it even harder for rape victims to come forward.

lockman21 09-25-2015 11:51 AM

Guys, this is a great read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hawks/comme...also_a_hockey/

Even if you're not huge into Reddit, I recommend reading through this.

lockman21 09-25-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 16148361)
Kind of feel bad for the lawyer that stepped down from this, his image too probably wont be the same either. But, really? You didn't think to make a simple phone call to check the authenticity before holding a press conference slamming your fists?

Here's the most important thing about this, though.

There's no WAY he backed out just because of this part. There had to be more that he started doubting, regardless of what he says publicly.

The accuser is having friends drop out of testifying because they're saying they don't fully believe what she's saying, the lawyer drops out...there's more to that than just one bad piece of "evidence".

pathetic 09-25-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

wait...what?

kelchlsm 09-25-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 16148434)
wait...what?

You guys are looking wayyy to into that comment. Yes I know that there other ways to assault someone, thanks for pointing it out.

kelchlsm 09-25-2015 12:56 PM

Point being the other alternative is that this girl goes home with Kane willingly, then he rapes her mouth? The same girl whose mom is now trying to make fake evidence, due to the results of the DNA testings? Again, this IMO is highly unlikely, this is what I was going with in that comment.

lockman21 09-25-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 16148458)
Point being the other alternative is that this girl goes home with Kane willingly, then he rapes her mouth? The same girl whose mom is now trying to make fake evidence, due to the results of the DNA testings? Again, this IMO is highly unlikely, this is what I was going with in that comment.

Or, ya know, someone used this crazy invention where you cover your dong with a small rubber bag.

I believe is called a "condom". I could be wrong though.

kelchlsm 09-25-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16148461)
Or, ya know, someone used this crazy invention where you cover your dong with a small rubber bag.

Come on. Then other parts don't touch? Like legs? Hair? Hands? Below the waist had nothing. Not even a condom would work that kind of magic.

Roose13 09-25-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16148461)

Sadly, you are

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 16148462)
Come on. Then other parts don't touch? Like legs? Hair? Hands? Below the waist had nothing. Not even a condom would work that kind of magic.

rustysurf83 09-25-2015 02:55 PM

When does the article about how the accuser's mom isn't my friend come out?

DMBZeppelin 09-25-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 16148458)

I think it's obvious that she went to Kane's house willingly. That's sort of irrelevant to this whole case. You're willing up until the point you don't want to go through with it. At that point the other party has to stop.

To your second point I think it's way too early to say what is or isn't likely. The only thing we know is this woman's mother and lawyer really damaged her case. I wasn't ready to throw Kane in jail before, and I'm not ready to say he's innocent now. People do dumb things to try and help their children. There is no way to know if the victim was in on this with her mother, and that doesn't mean something shady didn't go down that night.

Chances are we'll never know what actually happened. I'm just curious what's going to happen going forward, and where the hell can you find an impartial jury in those parts.

Roose13 09-26-2015 09:42 AM

https://twitter.com/beedub85/status/647773816517718016

I wanna tweet: "I think you shouldn't be feeding your kid computer chords but what do I know about parenting?"

Canadians are weird.

Bron Yr Aur 09-26-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16148508)
I think it's obvious that she went to Kane's house willingly. That's sort of irrelevant to this whole case. You're willing up until the point you don't want to go through with it. At that point the other party has to stop.

To your second point I think it's way too early to say what is or isn't likely. The only thing we know is this woman's mother and lawyer really damaged her case. I wasn't ready to throw Kane in jail before, and I'm not ready to say he's innocent now. People do dumb things to try and help their children. There is no way to know if the victim was in on this with her mother, and that doesn't mean something shady didn't go down that night.

Chances are we'll never know what actually happened. I'm just curious what's going to happen going forward, and where the hell can you find an impartial jury in those parts.

Good post, Zep.

lockman21 09-26-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16148508)

I mean, yeah, but what if the lawyer left because her case was bullshit? I mean, this is huge:

Quote:

Multiple sources have told the Tribune that the accuser's female friend — a college classmate — would offer testimony that would favor Kane rather than the accuser. An attorney for the friend said she would comply with any court order to testify.
Maybe the lawyer left because it just really appeared that this whole thing was a fabrication and the mother was just in on it.

I'm not saying I believe that, just playing devil's advocate. There's a lot we don't know, so to say the lawyer ruined her case implies that her case holds water and it's the lawyer's fault this doesn't go to a grand jury.

waterboy100 09-26-2015 11:52 AM

Quick fantasy update (and ill email this out too):

If the Quebec Nordiques aren't claimed by Sunday night the team will be transferred to daveshookme.

I will be having keepers lock on 9/29. Again, you may keep up to 2 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 1 goalie. I THINK that yahoo will let me slot the keepers in at the round they were picked last season for each team. If so, that is what I will do. Otherwise, I will have to figure something else out.

Lastly, It looks like the draft will be 10/5 or 10/6. I am off work both of those days. Please let me know what the best time is for you; afternoon pacific time is good for me.

Roose13 09-26-2015 12:21 PM

Either day works after 8pm EST (5 PST).

barbogast 09-26-2015 01:09 PM

I'm on vacation the week of the 5th. Either day at any time works great for me.

dmbetc 09-26-2015 01:39 PM

I'm free whenever

TMoore4075 09-27-2015 05:07 AM

I'm screwed on the draft most likely since I'll be at Disney World. So don't worry about me. If I happen to be in the room, great. If not, no big deal.

waterboy100 09-27-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16149018)
I'm screwed on the draft most likely since I'll be at Disney World. So don't worry about me. If I happen to be in the room, great. If not, no big deal.

Well yeah, but at least you will be doing something fun...

JRS1386 09-27-2015 03:44 PM

Why is Detroit's team named after a boot?