Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Away From The World (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   ***Official AFTW Midnight Stream Review Thread*** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=316642)

stoneje 09-03-2012 12:37 PM

***Official AFTW Midnight Stream Review Thread***

We've still got a few hours to wait, but this is a place for everyone's first impressions to be consolidated so we don't get multiple, repetitive threads.

:multi new DMB is coming soon! :multi

Should be cool to look back at this some day and remember what everyone's initial reactions were.

chrisandiego 09-03-2012 12:42 PM

Re: ***Official AFTW Midnight Stream Review Thread***

Yes, great idea to begin this official thread - thanks! Can't freakin wait! Countdown = 8 hours, 18 minutes.

lafleurjp 09-03-2012 12:51 PM

great idea. staying up to listen to this album tonight will tank my tomorrow but i cannot. help. myself.

atlantic 09-03-2012 12:52 PM

:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce it will be 5am when this comes out, do i get up early or stay up all night?

SmoothRider[PL] 09-03-2012 12:56 PM

So, it's going to start in 8hours, right?
Any link please?

twostepinbillie 09-03-2012 12:59 PM

8 HOURS TO GO!!!!!!1:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce:)

TrippinNancies1 09-03-2012 01:08 PM

Over here on the west coast, I guess the San Diego radio stream is ago at 9 p.m. and Itunes stream at 12 a.m.

For those wantin a link to the San Diego radio stream, Here ya go: http://www.kprifm.com/08/27/12/Previ...85&feedID=7199

Simply click on the link, and hit LISTEN LIVE in the top right corner. :bounce

Here's hoping we hear this baby tonight :thumbsup

ElijahSoRight72 09-03-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippinNancies1 (Post 13990172)
Over here on the west coast, I guess the San Diego radio stream is ago at 9 p.m. and Itunes stream at 12 a.m.

For those wantin a link to the San Diego radio stream, Here ya go: http://www.kprifm.com/08/27/12/Previ...85&feedID=7199

Simply click on the link, and hit LISTEN LIVE in the top right corner. :bounce

Here's hoping we hear this baby tonight :thumbsup

So lets say you live in the Midwest. What would 9pm be central time?

DannoMac21 09-03-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 (Post 13990176)
So lets say you live in the Midwest. What would 9pm be central time?

11 PM, same time we'll be able to access the iTunes stream. To be safe, I'm listening to the radio stream first just to make sure I hear it...then I'll go mess with the iTunes stream for my 2nd and beyond listen.

jerseyhitman12 09-03-2012 01:27 PM

Have we confirmed the radio stream is still on? They took down the page and there was speculation on another thread that it may be off?

radiocure 09-03-2012 01:32 PM

I'm new here. Happy Labor Dave Weekend, everyone.

JunkBondTrader 09-03-2012 01:38 PM

this whole stream thing has given me little faith in the future of mankind. do you people really not know how to convert pacific to mountain to central to eastern????

grantg 09-03-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkBondTrader (Post 13990200)
this whole stream thing has given me little faith in the future of mankind. do you people really not know how to convert pacific to mountain to central to eastern????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvKXDYoab5w

ebrread003 09-03-2012 01:57 PM

Only downside is you can't take dave's advice and go 'away from the world' when listening to the stream.

groogrux27 09-03-2012 02:01 PM

that was fonzies advice

stoneje 09-03-2012 03:53 PM

Starting the Lillywhite countdown at 8pm - one album per hour before the live stream.

dvalukis 09-03-2012 04:08 PM

It's a good thing there's concrete proof of a stream. This way a lot of people don't freak out and crash ants at Midnight EST. I can easily see this being a train wreck.

thebridge15 09-03-2012 04:12 PM

So far today has taught me that most Ants can't convert time zones and aren't familiar with iTunes.

antsmarching777 09-03-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvalukis (Post 13990392)
It's a good thing there's concrete proof of a stream.

:violent
I wish we could get confirmation either way. This KPRi San Diego preview appears to be off and the itunes preview seems like it is more wishful thinking than anything.

stoneje 09-03-2012 04:32 PM

Everyone relax - Cap$haw said (in a published interview, not just to some random Ant) that there would be an iTunes stream. Those happen one week prior to album release dates, and start at midnight.

OneSweetMonkey 09-03-2012 04:42 PM

I'm trying to call the radio station in San Diego to get confirmation but it's just ringing through. I guess we'll find out.

Jtr132 09-03-2012 04:42 PM

Don't burn the day away waiting for this.

Austin2641 09-03-2012 04:43 PM

so where do we go on itunes at midnight to listen to the preview?

Jtr132 09-03-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSweetMonkey (Post 13990439)
I'm trying to call the radio station in San Diego to get confirmation but it's just ringing through. I guess we'll find out.

Call again :rattle

OneSweetMonkey 09-03-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtr132 (Post 13990445)
Call again :rattle

lol... I tried both numbers. Feel free to lend a hand...

CALL THE STUDIO

858 450-1021

Maybe y'all will have some luck.

The2SteppingPig 09-03-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtr132 (Post 13990441)
Don't burn the day away waiting for this.

^^this guy. love it.

DannoMac21 09-03-2012 04:50 PM

im calling right now

DannoMac21 09-03-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannoMac21 (Post 13990459)
im calling right now

i got nothing.

OneSweetMonkey 09-03-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannoMac21 (Post 13990463)
i got nothing.

Yeah, same here. The office number I can understand, but the studio... you would figure someone would be answering there.

Whatever.

:bang

crounsa810 09-03-2012 04:58 PM

I don't understand how so many people don't understand iTunes.

Also, anyone think of the idea that the radio station may just be relaying the stream from iTunes?

lastcall 09-03-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810 (Post 13990479)

Also, anyone think of the idea that the radio station may just be relaying the stream from iTunes?

thats what i was thinking. but some other people have been telling me that itunes' stream wont start until 12am EST.

thecrackedjack 09-03-2012 05:02 PM

One thing that concerns me is that Itunes almost never updates on time when it's a holiday. It's midnight normally, but on holidays you almost always end up waiting until much later in the day until the store updates. But I hope I'm wrong.

groogrux27 09-03-2012 05:03 PM

guys, calm down. management will send out an email tomorrow saying the stream is up, but we already know about it, well listen to it tonight. no worries haha

MPizzle06 09-03-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiocure (Post 13990196)
I'm new here. Happy Labor Dave Weekend, everyone.

Welcome to Ants!! :thumbsup

And big fucking props for the Wilco username!!!

WiseManSay 09-03-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810 (Post 13990479)

Rarely use it.

I'm just guessing here but when you search up "DMB - Away From the World" the album comes up and at the bottom there is a button in gray that says "preview all".

Is that how you stream it tonight? Will that become active?

As far as I can tell it isn't listed obviously anywhere else.

groogrux27 09-03-2012 05:13 PM

FOR EVERYONES KNOWLEDGE. TO STREAM THE ALBUM TONIGHT. On the iTunes homepage store there will be all the different advertisements for new stuff thats happening in the world of music. if you go there right now and wait for it to cycle through you will see a thing that says "Matchbox Twenty: North" if you click on that it will take you to a page that says listen to the whole album for free. That will be the same exact case tonight with AFTW.

ebrread003 09-03-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groogrux27 (Post 13990510)
FOR EVERYONES KNOWLEDGE. TO STREAM THE ALBUM TONIGHT. On the iTunes homepage store there will be all the different advertisements for new stuff thats happening in the world of music. if you go there right now and wait for it to cycle through you will see a thing that says "Matchbox Twenty: North" if you click on that it will take you to a page that says listen to the whole album for free. That will be the same exact case tonight with AFTW.

let me clear the air, because i've never heard of a FULL album iTunes stream, only a minute or so of each song. is that what you are talking about by streaming, or will it be every song in its entirety?? thanks

grantg 09-03-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebrread003 (Post 13990523)
let me clear the air, because i've never heard of a FULL album iTunes stream, only a minute or so of each song. is that what you are talking about by streaming, or will it be every song in its entirety?? thanks

Every song in its entirety

ebrread003 09-03-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantg (Post 13990531)

thank you

groogrux27 09-03-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantg (Post 13990531)

this. it will play as one 55 minute long track. you can move the cursor to different parts of the album, but there will be no indicator as to which song is playing or what song you go to by moving the cursor

seekupdani 09-03-2012 05:53 PM

Is it just at midnight? Or all day tomorrow?

Bluewater21 09-03-2012 05:54 PM

So far so good on the Matchbox 20 stream with the iPad, no stopping yet. If you have one i recommend you stream AFTW with it.

Bluewater21 09-03-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekupdani (Post 13990588)

You'll be able to stream it as many times as you want starting at midnight until the album is released next week.

BruceW 09-03-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

If there is a stream it will be available until the release next week.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but here it goes anyway: Can people seriously not backread? These questions are getting redundant and ridiculous.

grantg 09-03-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

The reality is, no one really knows when the thing will be available to stream on iTunes...the rolling stone review made a subtle reference to it possibly being available tonight, but nothing real definitive...my guess is since it has been cancelled on the san Diego radio station for tonight, it also won't be on iTunes tonight...but no one knows...all speculation

WiseManSay 09-03-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groogrux27 (Post 13990510)

Got it now... thanks so much!

DMBzilla 09-03-2012 05:57 PM

Looks like conflicting reports - are we thinking it'll be tonight at midnight eastern, or pacific?

seekupdani 09-03-2012 05:57 PM

Also it doesn't appear that I can do this from my iPhone... I'm still in Washington, headed home from our Gorge trip tomorrow. I hope I don't miss it!

Edit: nm, you guys answered my question before I replied. Thanks :)

BruceW 09-03-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13990598)
Looks like conflicting reports - are we thinking it'll be tonight at midnight eastern, or pacific?

no one truly knows

Bluewater21 09-03-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13990598)

Any new album is available to purchase at midnight eastern time on tuesdays, so i dont see why the stream would be any different.

JunkBondTrader 09-03-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastcall (Post 13990482)
thats what i was thinking. but some other people have been telling me that itunes' stream wont start until 12am EST.

12EDT=9PDT

WEERIIIRRRRRRRRD.

jesus people. the radio station advertised a 9pdt start. which coincidentally is the same exact fucking time the itunes stream is supposed to go live. how is this hard to comprehend?

12 eastern daylight time=11 central daylight time=10 mountain daylight time=9 pacific daylight time.

you guys live in the US of A right?

Bluewater21 09-03-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkBondTrader (Post 13990605)
12EST=9PST

WEERIIIRRRRRRRRD.

jesus people. the radio station advertised a 9pst start. which coincidentally is the same exact fucking time the itunes stream is supposed to go live. how is this hard to comprehend?

:lol:lol yes :thumbsup

seekupdani 09-03-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 13990595)
If there is a stream it will be available until the release next week.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but here it goes anyway: Can people seriously not backread? These questions are getting redundant and ridiculous.

I apologize for my obvious shortcoming. I read the whole thread, I must have missed that it was available for preview until it's release, only saw that it starts tonight at midnight.

DMBzilla 09-03-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkBondTrader (Post 13990605)
12EST=9PST

WEERIIIRRRRRRRRD.

jesus people. the radio station advertised a 9pst start. which coincidentally is the same exact fucking time the itunes stream is supposed to go live. how is this hard to comprehend?

The problem is that no one can confirm whether the radio stream is still on, and I've seen at least one post stating that Apple updates iTunes at midnight pacific and not eastern, so there is some question as to what time the stream may be available on the east coast.

JunkBondTrader 09-03-2012 06:07 PM

and my initial post was wrong. we arent even on Standard time right now, everyone is currently on daylight savings time obviously (EDT, CDT, MDT, PDT).

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is what everything is based off of. in the winter or standard time, the eastern time zone is -5:00 from UTC. So if UTC time is 19:00, then the time in New York is currently 14:00. During the summer (or DST), the current time would be 15:00, or -4:00.

Clemson8 09-03-2012 06:07 PM

I do not see any link on iTunes to listen to the entire Matchbox 20 album...what am I missing?

spicyitalian739 09-03-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson8 (Post 13990629)
I do not see any link on iTunes to listen to the entire Matchbox 20 album...what am I missing?

A brain! :lol

Sorry, I had to! Look on the right of the main image in the shop and there should be three smaller pictures. It's in there.

JunkBondTrader 09-03-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson8 (Post 13990629)

....the ad on the front page for the MB20 stream is what youre missing. look harder.

its a scrolling page so if you dont catch it right away it will scroll by, there are boxes of different promotions you can thumb through them with the arrow if you scroll over it.

BruceW 09-03-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekupdani (Post 13990609)
I apologize for my obvious shortcoming. I read the whole thread, I must have missed that it was available for preview until it's release, only saw that it starts tonight at midnight.

it's all good

Kiko 09-03-2012 06:10 PM

I'm sorry, I keep googling for info but I can't find anything. Is the stream available on the US only? Because I can't see nothing on the homepage nor when I search either the store or google. The matchbox twenty stream that's supposedly happening right now isn't showing up either :)

Any euro ants staying awake for the stream out there? :fistbump

Bluewater21 09-03-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13990616)
The problem is that no one can confirm whether the radio stream is still on, and I've seen at least one post stating that Apple updates iTunes at midnight pacific and not eastern, so there is some question as to what time the stream may be available on the east coast.

The store has always updated at midnight eastern time every tuesday.

dmbfan101 09-03-2012 06:13 PM

This thread is fucking brilliant :lol

Bluewater21 09-03-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbfan101 (Post 13990646)
This thread is fucking brilliant :lol

I don't know why i keep answering the same fucking question :lol:lol

Kiko 09-03-2012 06:21 PM

guys, guys. pssssst, guys. Is this US only? Because I can't find the matchbox twenty stream right now. And I've never seen the stream being announced anywhere other than here, so I know nothing about this.

BotheLaneFan 09-03-2012 06:23 PM

Probably US only, yeah.

WiseManSay 09-03-2012 06:23 PM

It makes sense to me that it will be there tonight at 12PM E regardless of the radio station ad being pulled.

Seems like iTunes would want people stream it through their product then anyone else. Probably has more to do with advertising rights then the stream not being available at all.

BruceW 09-03-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiko (Post 13990664)
guys, guys. pssssst, guys. Is this US only? Because I can't find the matchbox twenty stream right now. And I've never seen the stream being announced anywhere other than here.

it may be...I have NO IDEA

WiseManSay 09-03-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiko (Post 13990664)
guys, guys. pssssst, guys. Is this US only? Because I can't find the matchbox twenty stream right now. And I've never seen the stream being announced anywhere other than here, so I know nothing about this.

I can stream the MB20 stream here in Canada. You looking in the right spot?

ElijahSoRight72 09-03-2012 06:25 PM

Everyone is freaking the hell out more and more the closer it comes.

qm247 09-03-2012 06:26 PM

I'll tell you something, this thread is making my night. It's reminds me of those people that have to call the 800 number on the back of a bottle of shampoo to see how to apply it.

groogrux27 09-03-2012 06:28 PM

seriously! i just dont understand why everyone is having so much trouble with this. My post on the previous page shouldve explained everything hahaha

BotheLaneFan 09-03-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qm247 (Post 13990679)
I'll tell you something, this thread is making my night. It's reminds me of those people that have to call the 800 number on the back of a bottle of shampoo to see how to apply it.

Fuck you, IT'S FUCKING HARD!

Scuba Jeremy 09-03-2012 06:29 PM

I've completely moved to Google/Android, and ditched iTunes months ago. I'm sure the streams will be captured, but my question is how good is the quality of the stream from what we've seen with MB20 and others? Are we talking 128kbps or closer to 32? I'm not going to bother looking tonight if the quality is crap. Thanks!

spicyitalian739 09-03-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba Jeremy (Post 13990694)
I've completely moved to Google/Android, and ditched iTunes months ago. I'm sure the streams will be captured, but my question is how good is the quality of the stream from what we've seen with MB20 and others? Are we talking 128kbps or closer to 32? I'm not going to bother looking tonight if the quality is crap. Thanks!

I read a while back around March or so that Apple was adopting adaptive streaming for iTunes, depending on connection speed--but I'm not sure if it's been implemented yet.

qm247 09-03-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoGangnamStylefan (Post 13990693)

Apparently so. :)

I kid because I love.

JunkBondTrader 09-03-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiseManSay (Post 13990669)
It makes sense to me that it will be there tonight at 12PM E regardless of the radio station ad being pulled.

Seems like iTunes would want people stream it through their product then anyone else. Probably has more to do with advertising rights then the stream not being available at all.

THIS.

soon as itunes found out about the radio station trying to stream you bet your ass they jumped right on that and said fuck no.

dduncan6er 09-03-2012 06:32 PM

Kind of unfair everyone on the west coast will have to wait an extra 3 hours to listen to this. Love living on the east coast!

comerelaxnow 09-03-2012 06:32 PM

I am an Android guy myself so i can understand not being familiar with Itunes but the link for the MB20 album is right on the front page.

DannoMac21 09-03-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluewater21 (Post 13990645)
The store has always updated at midnight eastern time every tuesday.

You're 100% on this? I went from being so pissed to so pumped in a matter if minutes. First reading that it was 12 PM Pacific, or 2 AM for me, now seeing it's 11 again. 11 is doable. 12 is doable. I can't do 2.

BruceW 09-03-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiseManSay (Post 13990669)

your username describes this post well

WiseManSay 09-03-2012 06:36 PM

http://i48.tinypic.com/9ftpig.jpg

TheLastStop123 09-03-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

That's what she said

groogrux27 09-03-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13990703)
Kind of unfair everyone on the west coast will have to wait an extra 3 hours to listen to this. Love living on the east coast!

it will be 12 EST, a.k. 11 central. 10 mountain. and 9 pacific. so actually...they get it earlier...

BruceW 09-03-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiseManSay (Post 13990715)

hahaha yess!!

WiseManSay 09-03-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 13990714)
your username describes this post well

Hopefully that's a compliment? lol.

This thread is just a clusterfu*k to me now.

Jtr132 09-03-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Can you make this a little more clearer I still don't understand this. :lol:lol

jasonfilatov 09-03-2012 06:39 PM

Well I will be napping until 11:30. Can't wait to see the escalation of this buzz then..

Bluewater21 09-03-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannoMac21 (Post 13990712)
You're 100% on this? I went from being so pissed to so pumped in a matter if minutes. First reading that it was 12 PM Pacific, or 2 AM for me, now seeing it's 11 again. 11 is doable. 12 is doable. I can't do 2.

Going on past experience yes. I've downloaded many albums at midnight including big whiskey

BruceW 09-03-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiseManSay (Post 13990720)
Hopefully that's a compliment? lol.

This thread is just a clusterfu*k to me now.

compliment :thumbsup

ants31090 09-03-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

That's what she said

EDIT: Dammit someone beat me to it.

WiseManSay 09-03-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtr132 (Post 13990721)
Can you make this a little more clearer I still don't understand this. :lol:lol

:lol should clear things up.

WiseManSay 09-03-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 13990731)
compliment :thumbsup

Thanks! :thumbsup

stoneje 09-03-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groogrux27 (Post 13990717)
it will be 12 EST, a.k. 11 central. 10 mountain. and 9 pacific. so actually...they get it earlier...

One time a girl at work asked her friend on the West Coast to call and tell her how the Super Bowl was going, since "it'll be all over in California by the time we see the kickoff over here."

:lol:lorraine:lol

superfan 09-03-2012 06:48 PM

Remember when BW came out and everyone was in complete love with SMLAM........and now everyone hates it. I have a feeling Belly Belly Nice will end up with the same result amongst the fans on this site.

Norman Smiley 09-03-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13990703)

You serious Clark?

Kiko 09-03-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comerelaxnow (Post 13990704)
I am an Android guy myself so i can understand not being familiar with Itunes but the link for the MB20 album is right on the front page.

Except for those where it isn't :rattle
Quote:

yeah, I imagined that's where it's supposed to be but it isn't. guess there's only a small chance for me to listen to it on iTunes so I'll just wait for a rip tomorrow. goodnight lucky soab americans <3

BotheLaneFan 09-03-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoneje (Post 13990742)
One time a girl at work asked her friend on the West Coast to call and tell her how the Super Bowl was going, since "it'll be all over in California by the time we see the kickoff over here."

You should put your dick in her mouth.

rickyh24 09-03-2012 06:49 PM

So I just click that matchbox 20 picture at 12 central time and DMB will start playing?

groogrux27 09-03-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoneje (Post 13990742)

wait r u saying im wrong or r u just making fun of her? haha

dduncan6er 09-03-2012 06:51 PM

I don't understand how people on the west coast will be able to hear this at 9 when the stream doesn't start until midnight.