Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Just Got Back From The Show! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   The Gorge (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=333590)

Sully617 09-10-2014 03:17 PM

The Gorge

My wife and I came back home the day before yesterday, we went to WA to see Dave, and went to California for vacation, (missed dave in CA though, couldn't afford tickets) and we were blown away by the show for Night 3, and the people there were fucking phenomenal people. I've never seen so much love at a show before.

I loved the concept of 2 sets, and I thought the show was on point from start to finish. I even liked what I saw of Brandi-what's-her-face, which I hated last year in Mansfield. I was worried because I didn't see a taper there, but obviously there was, so thanks for that!

I wanted to hear so many songs, and heard almost all of them. We got home and I looked at N1 and N2 and saw all the songs I wanted to hear between the three, so missed out there, but oh well.

Yeah, seriously, those of you at The Gorge, you fuckin' rule. Made my vacation, easily.

Much love.

J

socopithy 09-10-2014 03:32 PM

You know that internet meme with the South Park ski instructor?

"If you're gonna start a thread on Ants praising 2014 Gorge N3

you're gonna have a bad time."

socopithy 09-10-2014 03:33 PM

It was a phenomenal weekend though. Such a great experience.

Sully617 09-10-2014 04:06 PM

Re: The Gorge

You should post it...

Was I the only one happy with that show?

ajc_1988 09-11-2014 03:31 AM

i thought night 3 was pretty great. had some really high highs, the SAWG with rashawn had a huge shock value, and i'd never seen that song before

bowa/stone/LLD/typical/watchtower opener were awesome. aside from that, pretty basic. N2 was the best imo though

but its the gorge, so it was awesome nonetheless. ready for next gorge already

bmt322 09-13-2014 03:36 PM

I was there for nights 2 and 3. Night 2 had the better set, but man, night 3, the band was ON. It was so freakin' sweet. And I think the crowd was more into it on night 3, at least where I was on the lawn, even though there were less people there than night 2.

castmagiic 09-21-2014 09:15 PM

I had a blast all 3 nights, met tons of awesome people, smoked drank danced lived it! ready for the next gorge!

jaboyd 09-02-2016 11:27 PM

What a damn good night 1. I got the setlist. No songs skipped, none played that weren't on the setlist. Played the setlist verbatim.

jaboyd 09-04-2016 02:50 PM

Did anyone think Tim was doing a Dodo intro right before watchtower n1? I heard the same intro before another song last night but can't remember which one.