Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Dramageek 02-15-2017 01:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16718649)
Happy Barbsday Birth!

:lol Nicely done.

Happy womb emancipation day! Have a banner and a President's Trophy.

TMoore4075 02-15-2017 01:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16718651)
:lol Nicely done.

Happy womb emancipation day! Have a banner and a President's Trophy.

And Tom Gilbert.

JRS1386 02-15-2017 01:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
You all realize his birthday was yesterday. What a bunch of jerks,

hailtopitt 02-15-2017 01:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16718710)
You all realize his birthday was yesterday. What a bunch of jerks,

hey at least he gets b-day wishes

TheLastPig 02-15-2017 02:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Happy birthday Barbs!


Malkin was a joy to watch last night.


Also no, it's not shocking Therrien got fired even though the Habs are in 1st. They are 5th in the east currently, their division just sucks. They were treading water under him. Definitely a new voice was needed.

barbogast 02-15-2017 02:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
:lol it's true, the big day was yesterday

Thanks for the love though

Crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4shDnMXMD0

Lcsulla: the truth is, Jagr had a decent enough supporting cast, but the team was a victim of poor coaching and lack of defensive depth. But the teams that Jagr played on featured some damn good forward groups. If the coaching was better at the time, and Jagr put his whole heart in it, he could've been more productive.

fonzz41 02-15-2017 02:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Great stuff from Corey Hirsch on mental health:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/cor...ark-dark-dark/

Quote:

If anything, athletes who make it to a high level while battling these issues are mentally stronger than the average person. On days when I could barely get out of bed, I was able to push my misery and pain to the side for 60 minutes and go out and win games in the NHL.

So donít tell me Iím weak.

Lcsulla 02-15-2017 05:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16718831)
Lcsulla: the truth is, Jagr had a decent enough supporting cast, but the team was a victim of poor coaching and lack of defensive depth. But the teams that Jagr played on featured some damn good forward groups. If the coaching was better at the time, and Jagr put his whole heart in it, he could've been more productive.

I know the Caps D was really shallow and I don't think Jagr's heart was into it like it had been in Pittsburgh - shit, imagine if he and Ovechkin had played on the same line? Damn that would have been fun to watch!

barbogast 02-15-2017 07:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16719069)
I know the Caps D was really shallow and I don't think Jagr's heart was into it like it had been in Pittsburgh - shit, imagine if he and Ovechkin had played on the same line? Damn that would have been fun to watch!

I mean again it wasn't like he didn't have the line mates. Don't forget who was on that team at that time. Oates, Bondra, Lang, Juneau etc. They had forwards. They were just terribly mis coached.

Hence why I :lol'd so hard when Butch Cassidy came back from the dead the other day. He was the one that ruined that core.

And regardless, they never had the D.

Lcsulla 02-15-2017 07:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16719114)
I mean again it wasn't like he didn't have the line mates. Don't forget who was on that team at that time. Oates, Bondra, Lang, Juneau etc. They had forwards. They were just terribly mis coached.

Hence why I :lol'd so hard when Butch Cassidy came back from the dead the other day. He was the one that ruined that core.

And regardless, they never had the D.

Yeah, he had the linemates at times but he never produced like people expected based on past performance. Completely agree on the D - I know it sounds silly but I think one of the main reasons for the Hawks sustained success has been keeping the core of Keith, Seabrook and Hjarlmasson intact and plugging in guys like TVR, Oduya, Campbell, Rozsival, Svedberg, etc, etc to eat up the remaining ice time and fill in for an injury or scratch - or perhaps a suspension if Keith gets pissed off about something and wacks a guy over the head with his stick.

TMoore4075 02-15-2017 08:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
I can't wait till the trade deadline and then want to jump to the finals in June.

lockman21 02-15-2017 09:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16719155)
I can't wait till the trade deadline and then want to jump to the finals in June.

Whaaaaaaaaa? The first round of the playoffs is like the best thing in the world.

aeroshady 02-15-2017 09:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Holy back read! :lol at Brohan!

Also, the Boston/Montreal saga just got really fun again. I hope they play in the playoffs so badly now!

And finally, happy belated to Barbs!!!

TMoore4075 02-16-2017 07:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16719252)
Whaaaaaaaaa? The first round of the playoffs is like the best thing in the world.

Meaning I want to jump to the offseason.

Dramageek 02-16-2017 09:51 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16719252)
Whaaaaaaaaa? The first round of the playoffs is like the best thing in the world.

No doubt about this, but if the Pens weren't in said first round for the first time in a quarter century, I might have a tough time watching, too.

TMoore4075 02-16-2017 10:04 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16719537)
No doubt about this, but if the Pens weren't in said first round for the first time in a quarter century, I might have a tough time watching, too.

Just want to hit reset. I'll be watching the playoffs, I mean I knew they'd gone in round 1 last year and still watched the rest. Knowing they need to make changes and sitting around waiting for the changes is tough. I really wish we could jump to October to see where they are.

fonzz41 02-16-2017 11:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16719562)
Just want to hit reset. I'll be watching the playoffs, I mean I knew they'd gone in round 1 last year and still watched the rest. Knowing they need to make changes and sitting around waiting for the changes is tough. I really wish we could jump to October to see where they are.

I kind of want to see this season through. I've developed a morbid fascination with seeing just HOW far the Avs can fall.

TMoore4075 02-16-2017 11:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16719683)
I kind of want to see this season through. I've developed a morbid fascination with seeing just HOW far the Avs can fall.

Wings are still 22 points ahead of the Avs that's amazing to me. I think I might be with you if the Wings were in that position. How bad can you finish? I'm just curious to see what Holland can do and if it'll help. He's never been in this position before. Sounding like he'll be looking at moving UFA's right now, although I wouldn't be shocked to see Green moved if the right deal came along, and any other moves (Tatar or Nyquist) would happen after the season.

~Crashintome89~ 02-16-2017 12:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16719128)
or perhaps a suspension if Keith gets pissed off about something and wacks a guy over the head with his stick.

didn't we have a discussion here about someone whacking a guy over the head with his stick and a person in here had no problem with it?

hailtopitt 02-16-2017 01:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16719781)
didn't we have a discussion here about someone whacking a guy over the head with his stick and a person in here had no problem with it?

i can say with confidence that this person was not me lol

aeroshady 02-16-2017 01:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Getting really pumped for my trip to Chicago this weekend! Really hope the Hawks don't come out flat after the week off. I may never get invited back if they fail to score again....

Brohan_Santana 02-16-2017 02:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
My god the Flyers are bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kev87lads 02-16-2017 03:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16719781)
didn't we have a discussion here about someone whacking a guy over the head with his stick and a person in here had no problem with it?

:lol Yes. It was him.

kev87lads 02-16-2017 03:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16720023)
My god the Flyers are bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking news!!!!

JRS1386 02-16-2017 03:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16720023)
My god the Flyers are bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its weird how inferior you feel to the Flyers

~Crashintome89~ 02-16-2017 03:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
I don't care how terrible the Flyers are at the moment, a Caps fan can never ever burn the Flyers because they've never won a Stanley Cup.

Brohan_Santana 02-16-2017 04:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16720247)
I don't care how terrible the Flyers are at the moment, a Caps fan can never ever burn the Flyers because they've never won a Stanley Cup.



Soooo, what rationale do you use to defend the Eagles?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brohan_Santana 02-16-2017 04:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16720247)
I don't care how terrible the Flyers are at the moment, a Caps fan can never ever burn the Flyers because they've never won a Stanley Cup.



Soooo, what rationale do you use to defend the Eagles?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brohan_Santana 02-16-2017 04:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16720247)
I don't care how terrible the Flyers are at the moment, a Caps fan can never ever burn the Flyers because they've never won a Stanley Cup.



Soooo, what rationale do you use to defend the Eagles?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lcsulla 02-16-2017 04:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16719781)
didn't we have a discussion here about someone whacking a guy over the head with his stick and a person in here had no problem with it?

Yeah, that was probably me and at times I am fine with it if it is warranted. I am not advocating smashing someone in the mouth or hitting them over the hear if they lose their helmet but a wack to the helmet is fine with me in certain circumstances - aka someone cheapshots your teammate. Lords knows I did enough slashing, spearing, high sticking, crosschecking as a d man back when I played and someone intentionally tried to injure one of our top guys - that said I never actually hit anyone over the head with a stick in a hockey game! :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.