Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 05-28-2016 06:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...ain-lightning/

Stamkos says he'd like to stay in TB. Not sure how much weight to put behind that, I feel like he pretty much said this all season. Also a comment that came on the heels of a round 3 elimination.

TMoore4075 05-28-2016 12:02 PM

He might want to but it'll be tough. He'll have to sign for 8.5 and that's then 8.5 that's could go for a couple of guys. He could have signed by now if he wanted to stay. Tampa knows what they can afford and he knows it too.

bartender_man 05-28-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16440545)
Go Sharks.

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

daveshookme 05-28-2016 08:33 PM

Looks like I'm going to Pittsburgh if there's a game 7 and watch this thing outside. I may try and make game 5, but I'd have to trade shifts and get my Wednesday covered.

I'd LOVE to be in the house for game 7 though, I just want to see the cup. Nothing in sports compares to seeing the cup.

daveshookme 05-28-2016 09:01 PM

Looks like I'm going to Pittsburgh if there's a game 7 and watch this thing outside. I may try and make game 5, but I'd have to trade shifts and get my Wednesday covered.

I'd LOVE to be in the house for game 7 though, I just want to see the cup. Nothing in sports compares to seeing the cup.

kev87lads 05-29-2016 09:32 AM

This could be accurate if Jamie Benn was actually a freaking center idiot.

salrx95 05-30-2016 04:56 AM

A couple of days after the lightning were defeated they were multiple articles from Islanders pages on my Facebook feed saying how the Islanders and Stamkos might be a fit . Heard no chatter at all the whole year and then a bunch. I found it quite interesting and out of nowhere.

I'm of the opinion not to pursue him since JT will need a similar contract soon and much of our young talent will need raises. Haven't seen a ufa list yet but I assume Okposo is gone so they need a top winger for JT somewhere, which is where I think this comes from.

Cap is going up but not that much.

barbogast 05-30-2016 05:33 AM

http://m.thn.com/blog/pavel-datsyuk-...he-wrong-page/

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Timmy, thoughts on this? I mean, I'm no Wings fan, but I can't think Datsyuk leaving one year early at age 38 is even remotely close to the same thing as what happened with Federov. This article seems like garbage to me and is kind of insulting to Pavel, honestly.

TheLastPig 05-30-2016 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16443761)
A couple of days after the lightning were defeated they were multiple articles from Islanders pages on my Facebook feed saying how the Islanders and Stamkos might be a fit . Heard no chatter at all the whole year and then a bunch. I found it quite interesting and out of nowhere.

I'm of the opinion not to pursue him since JT will need a similar contract soon and much of our young talent will need raises. Haven't seen a ufa list yet but I assume Okposo is gone so they need a top winger for JT somewhere, which is where I think this comes from.

Saw a similar one about the Rangers.

trd1610 05-30-2016 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16441497)
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...ain-lightning/

Stamkos says he'd like to stay in TB. Not sure how much weight to put behind that, I feel like he pretty much said this all season. Also a comment that came on the heels of a round 3 elimination.

Yeah we'll have to see. I think he could stay around but who really knows. He likes it their and the organization obviously loves him, it'll just come down to making the cap figures work without sacrificing what other guys may demand in 2017 and beyond.

trd1610 05-30-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16443803)

I have a feeling we're going to hear a lot of reports over the next few weeks and months about who's interested and where he may want to go. A lot of it will be rampant speculation though.

trd1610 05-30-2016 07:49 AM

Not sure who I'll be rooting for yet this series I just want to see some exciting hockey. If the Pens win then at least we lost to the champs, but the Sharks getting a cup finally would be nice.

salrx95 05-30-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Not sure how much but we have a lot more cap space than them so I think it would be hard for the rag$ to sign him. Not sure how much they have coming off besides Boyle.

TheLastPig 05-30-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16443833)
Not sure how much but we have a lot more cap space than them so I think it would be hard for the rag$ to sign him. Not sure how much they have coming off besides Boyle.

Article included moving Yandle and a couple other guys, I cant remember who right now.

TMoore4075 05-30-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16443761)

Yeah I wouldn't do it if I were the Isles. You've got your superstar and have to pay him. Don't get greedy.
Quote:

Rangers would have to do a lot of work to make it happen and it wouldn't shock me for them to be like "omg star players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" but I wouldn't go there if I were him. I'd rather go to the Leafs who have a future. Rangers best player is getting old. Leafs have nowhere to go but up. Of course I want him here first though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16443773)
http://m.thn.com/blog/pavel-datsyuk-...he-wrong-page/

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Timmy, thoughts on this? I mean, I'm no Wings fan, but I can't think Datsyuk leaving one year early at age 38 is even remotely close to the same thing as what happened with Federov. This article seems like garbage to me and is kind of insulting to Pavel, honestly.

WTF? Fedorov gave up on, as the article says, 2 huge offers from the Wings at the age of 33, one year after winning the Cup. He could still play, the team loved him. He bolted for being the big star. This was never Sergei's team and I think that's what he wanted. Him leaving backfired as the Ducks missed the playoffs, then no season and then was traded to purgatory aka Columbus. His career was never the same. Datsyuk is 38 and wants to go HOME to be near his family, especially his teenage daughter. The NHL season is getting tough on him and I get that. The Wings (at least publicly) seem very accepting of Pavel's decision to want to go home. Fedorov took less money to still play in the NHL, that is not what Pavel is doing. On top of that, Fedorov tried to leave in 97 as well when he held out and then signed the offer sheet from the Canes. So he essentially turned his back on them twice. Pavel has never done that and is hoping that he can help the Wings out somehow so they aren't screwed next season. #13 will be in the rafters within a year or two I think. 91 might never be. Datsyuk being 5-6 years younger and taking less money to play in Tampa would be what Fedorov did. What stupid fucking article. You'd think the guys on PTI came up with this article.

TheLastPig 05-30-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16443944)

WTF? Fedorov gave up on, as the article says, 2 huge offers from the Wings at the age of 33, one year after winning the Cup. He could still play, the team loved him. He bolted for being the big star. This was never Sergei's team and I think that's what he wanted. Him leaving backfired as the Ducks missed the playoffs, then no season and then was traded to purgatory aka Columbus. His career was never the same. Datsyuk is 38 and wants to go HOME to be near his family, especially his teenage daughter. The NHL season is getting tough on him and I get that. The Wings (at least publicly) seem very accepting of Pavel's decision to want to go home. Fedorov took less money to still play in the NHL, that is not what Pavel is doing. On top of that, Fedorov tried to leave in 97 as well when he held out and then signed the offer sheet from the Canes. So he essentially turned his back on them twice. Pavel has never done that and is hoping that he can help the Wings out somehow so they aren't screwed next season. #13 will be in the rafters within a year or two I think. 91 might never be. Datsyuk being 5-6 years younger and taking less money to play in Tampa would be what Fedorov did. What stupid fucking article. You'd think the guys on PTI came up with this article.

:lol talk about the #1 worst source on hockey information/takes.

I cant wait to hear the garbage Wilbon spews these next couple weeks. Im sure it will be anti-crosby tomorrow if he doesnt score a goal tonight.

~Crashintome89~ 05-30-2016 04:43 PM

That was a highly entertaining article on Datsyuk. I had no idea how selfish he was.

dmbetc 05-30-2016 04:56 PM

I find myself leaning towards the Sharks and I want to throw up and punch myself.

BeyondKnight 05-30-2016 06:00 PM

What a 1st period!! I wonder if Milbury and JR will be able to hold down their disgust.

swordo84 05-30-2016 06:50 PM

Going to be a great series. Haven't watched a lick of the playoffs as yet but hard not to get up for this one.

Dramageek 05-30-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16444258)
What a 1st period!! I wonder if Milbury and JR will be able to hold down their disgust.

The second period did not go as well. Dammit Pens stop blowing multi goal leads!

wampa3 05-30-2016 07:06 PM

Wonder what the Vegas odds are for the Pens blowing a 2-0 lead? If it's more than one to one, its a bet worth taking!

:grimey

Come on, boys. Get it back!

dmbetc 05-30-2016 07:06 PM

I'm watching on a delay and after just seeing the first two Penns goals I can confidently say my heart wants the Penns.

Beat the Sharks!

Dramageek 05-30-2016 07:27 PM

Good thing to see the PP continues to click on zero cylinders!

wampa3 05-30-2016 07:44 PM

Will be interesting to see if the league does anything on the Marleau hit. Seemed like a pretty clear cut target of a guy with his head down and a shoulder square on the button. Rust is out of the game.

Dramageek 05-30-2016 07:53 PM

HBK all the way!!

BeyondKnight 05-30-2016 07:55 PM

That's one! Will Brohan come in here and compare us all to Bonino again? I'd gladly be associated with the game winner!

bradshaw06 05-30-2016 08:06 PM

Bonino bonino bonino!

bradshaw06 05-30-2016 08:07 PM

Sid was a beast

dmbetc 05-30-2016 08:29 PM

Wow what a game! Incredible that I dislike/hate both these teams and I still get goosebumps and my anxiety level is high while watching.

Even with the lose, Jones looks amazing. Love to see him doing well.