Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 03-15-2015 11:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

It's the Wings, plenty of time left. Although, Pens making the Wings pk look good again.

Dramageek 03-15-2015 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One! One goal. Ha. Ha. Ha.

JRS1386 03-15-2015 02:15 PM

Hockey Headlines ‏@HockeyHead1ines 38m38 minutes ago
Did you know?: Martin Brodeur and the Nashville Predators franchise have both played exactly 1266 games.

barbogast 03-15-2015 02:18 PM

Just saw where Steve Downie pushed down the linesman. Sounds about right

JRS1386 03-15-2015 02:25 PM

http://thepensblog.com/2015-archives...ame-vs-detroit

TMoore4075 03-15-2015 02:33 PM

I'm sure some Pens fans will say that refs went too far on stuff, but they did so many stupid things today. Kunitz got the first warning in between periods and you would have thought they'd have gotten the message to watch it. They didn't.

aeroshady 03-15-2015 04:49 PM

Fantastic week for the Rangers!

barbogast 03-15-2015 04:57 PM

This very well might be the most important game of the Caps season tonight. Come good and they can start to right the ship immediately. Have a bad showing and the ship might sink for good. Obviously, there's more games left after tonight regardless and nothing is a sure thing at this point, but considering the standings and the opposite trends these two teams are experiencing, this game is massive. Really massive.

So far so good after one commercial break. First goal will be so incredibly important.

barbogast 03-15-2015 07:18 PM

Exceptional performance. One of the best efforts I've seen all season, and when they really needed it to boot. Everyone was on board tonight, and Holtby was a monster in the cage. Very rarely did it feel like the Bruins were threatening at all tonight. Caps totally locked that game down from the opening face off all the way through. Still a little bit undisciplined with the penalties, but the PK was fantastic tonight. Huge, huge win. They dearly needed that.

By the way, fuck Milan Lucic. So hard.

hailtopitt 03-16-2015 04:18 AM

:lol Penguins :lol

TMoore4075 03-16-2015 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15868880)
Exceptional performance. One of the best efforts I've seen all season, and when they really needed it to boot. Everyone was on board tonight, and Holtby was a monster in the cage. Very rarely did it feel like the Bruins were threatening at all tonight. Caps totally locked that game down from the opening face off all the way through. Still a little bit undisciplined with the penalties, but the PK was fantastic tonight. Huge, huge win. They dearly needed that.

By the way, fuck Milan Lucic. So hard.

Thanks for the win. Kept the Bruins at bay for me.

As for Lucic, I understand having a kid can disrupt your sex life, but you're so desperate to go for that?

TMoore4075 03-16-2015 05:35 AM

If Wings didn't play back to back later this week, I'd wonder if Mrazek would get both starts, but I'm sure they'll split. I don't blame Howie, because the team was not playing well the previous handful of games, but Mrazek was great yesterday.

Also yesterday I had said how good Zidlicky has been. 7 points in 7 games.

TMoore4075 03-17-2015 09:35 AM

Since no one is here....looks like we may get coach's challenge for goalie interference. Also for OT, talking about AHL model or just straight to 3on3. I'm more for the AHL model if we're changing things.

lockman21 03-17-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15871650)
Since no one is here....looks like we may get coach's challenge for goalie interference. Also for OT, talking about AHL model or just straight to 3on3. I'm more for the AHL model if we're changing things.

The problem with the AHL model is that the NHLPA wants to keep OT 5 minutes. So when do they switch from 4 on 4 to 3 on 3? The AHL has 7 minute OT, they swap at the first whistle after 4 minutes have past. So when? After 3 minutes of 4 on 4 they swap after the first whistle?

lockman21 03-17-2015 09:58 AM

Big night here in the West. If Minny and Chicago can win in regulation, the Hawks are in great shape to take 2nd in the Central.

Also a matchup of StL and Calgary, which has some major implications as well. Calgary isn't even a wild card team right now, but a loss in regulation tonight and a Winnipeg win, and a LA win/OT loss tomorrow, and they aren't even in the playoff picture. It's ridiculously tight down there.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-17-2015 10:02 AM

i know most of you don't care and have probably not paid even a moment of attention but...

CBJ prospect Marco Dano has had some unexpected time with the big club this year due to the rash of injuries that have occurred and the kid is seriously impressive. He has incredible skill and i think will not be spending time in the AHL again any time soon even when everyone gets healthy.

worth checking out some of his highlights.

TMoore4075 03-17-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15871665)
The problem with the AHL model is that the NHLPA wants to keep OT 5 minutes. So when do they switch from 4 on 4 to 3 on 3? The AHL has 7 minute OT, they swap at the first whistle after 4 minutes have past. So when? After 3 minutes of 4 on 4 they swap after the first whistle?

From what I've read, they'll talk to the PA and it'll be the 7 minute format or they'll talk about just 3on3. It doesn't sound like 4on4 to 3on3 with only 5 minutes is even being considered.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15871698)
Big night here in the West. If Minny and Chicago can win in regulation, the Hawks are in great shape to take 2nd in the Central.

Also a matchup of StL and Calgary, which has some major implications as well. Calgary isn't even a wild card team right now, but a loss in regulation tonight and a Winnipeg win, and a LA win/OT loss tomorrow, and they aren't even in the playoff picture. It's ridiculously tight down there.

hahahaha

lockman21 03-17-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15871707)
i know most of you don't care and have probably not paid even a moment of attention but...

CBJ prospect Marco Dano has had some unexpected time with the big club this year due to the rash of injuries that have occurred and the kid is seriously impressive. He has incredible skill and i think will not be spending time in the AHL again any time soon even when everyone gets healthy.

worth checking out some of his highlights.

I will check it out, he was drafted in 2013 right? The year the Jackets had like 20 first round picks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15871721)
hahahaha

:lol:lol:lol

TMoore4075 03-17-2015 11:22 AM

Been totally unmotivated the last few days and have watched that series Classic Series from the NHL Network, on youtube. Watched the Panthers beat the Flyers and Pens back in 96. Amazing run they went on.

kev87lads 03-17-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15871879)
Been totally unmotivated the last few days and have watched that series Classic Series from the NHL Network, on youtube. Watched the Panthers beat the Flyers and Pens back in 96. Amazing run they went on.

Find something else to watch....

TMoore4075 03-17-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15871888)
Find something else to watch....

I could go one year later and watch the Wings and Flyers.

TMoore4075 03-17-2015 11:28 AM

The fucking Panthers ruined the octopus toss though with those god damn rats. I mean fans still do it at The Joe but it's not he same. The stupid rats delayed the games big time.

TMoore4075 03-17-2015 12:05 PM

Mrazek in net for the Wings Thursday and Howard Friday. How these two games go, I wonder if it changes who the man is come playoff time.

hailtopitt 03-17-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15871895)
The fucking Panthers ruined the octopus toss though with those god damn rats. I mean fans still do it at The Joe but it's not he same. The stupid rats delayed the games big time.

they were smart, they used fake rats so they wouldn't have PETA up their ass all the time

TMoore4075 03-17-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15872023)
they were smart, they used fake rats so they wouldn't have PETA up their ass all the time

lol how gross would that have been? Thousands of rat carcasses thrown to the ice.

~Crashintome89~ 03-17-2015 12:24 PM

The rats were awesome.

But yeah, '96 definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

lockman21 03-17-2015 01:14 PM

I'm really excited about 3 on 3 OT. Toews/Kane, Sedin/Sedin, Crosby/Malkin, Stamkos/Callahan, etc.

Gonna be awesome.

TMoore4075 03-17-2015 01:16 PM

Datsyuk/Tatar/Kronwall followed by Zetterberg/Nyquist/Ericsson(or Zidlicky if he re-signs) for me.

TMoore4075 03-17-2015 01:17 PM

Oh and it will also give me a heart attack probably as well. But no worse than my dreading the shootout is coming.

bradshaw06 03-17-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15868549)
I'm sure some Pens fans will say that refs went too far on stuff, but they did so many stupid things today. Kunitz got the first warning in between periods and you would have thought they'd have gotten the message to watch it. They didn't.

it was bad. i made the trip out to watch. just awful stuff. embarrassing. this is what gets me, players know the refs will be harder on you the more you complain. Heck, theyve even admitted to it. so why argue about stuff? pens need to wise up.