Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 02-12-2015 09:35 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Holy trade Winnipeg. That's crazy.

With all these trades and the deadline coming up, here's my favorite link to check out routinely:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/top25/

barbogast 02-12-2015 09:40 AM

Very proud to announce Mrs. Barbs gave birth to a healthy and beautiful baby girl this morning, Riley Jane

hailtopitt 02-12-2015 09:43 AM

congrats man!! great news

Roose13 02-12-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15819366)
Very proud to announce Mrs. Barbs gave birth to a healthy and beautiful baby girl this morning, Riley Jane

I hope she becomes a Flyers fan.

Oh, congrats!

lockman21 02-12-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Congrats! I'll make sure to send that baby sized Mike Green sweater your way, ASAP.

TMoore4075 02-12-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Congrats to you both. I don't remember, did you know before that you were having a girl? Amazing time a head. I'll give you the advice Matty gave me almost 4 years ago when after our first night at home I asked "How the hell did you do it with two at once?" It might take a little time, but once you find the routine with the two of you and the baby, the waking up and all of that is nothing.

Enjoy it. It'll fly by.

TMoore4075 02-12-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15819508)
Congrats! I'll make sure to send that baby sized Mike Green sweater your way, ASAP.

It'll be clearenced soon enough. lol

kev87lads 02-12-2015 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Way to go Barbs. Congrats. I raise to you this pic I took for you and the thread. #Preztrophs4lyfe

Attachment 68144

fonzz41 02-12-2015 10:36 AM

Congrats Barbs! Eat up every moment, man. Enjoy it.

barbogast 02-12-2015 11:50 AM

Thanks guys. Best day of my life so far. And no Tim, we kept it a surprise. Was well worth it in the end

~Crashintome89~ 02-12-2015 11:53 AM

just make sure she has a better backchecking game than ovi.

salrx95 02-12-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Great news!!! Congratulations to all of you.

I hope mama is doing well. Of course the baby is the #1 priority but don't forget about mommy. She just went through a lot of will needs lots of help and support. Make sure she naps when the baby is napping.

Enjoy just about the best time of your life.

salrx95 02-12-2015 12:04 PM

So I heard this morning on Sirius NHL that the 3 "powerhouse" teams from California have a combined 28 wins in 64 homes games vs. the eastern conference so far this year. Either the Eastern conference is better we are led to believe compared to the west or those Cali teams are not as good.

~Crashintome89~ 02-12-2015 12:10 PM

Yeah, LA certainly hurts that number.

I still say the western conference is better by pure hockey standards. I can see St. Louis or the 'Hawks winning the whole thing.

TMoore4075 02-12-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15819734)
I hope mama is doing well. Of course the baby is the #1 priority but don't forget about mommy. She just went through a lot of will needs lots of help and support. Make sure she naps when the baby is napping.

This is very true. How tired I felt, my wife was much "worse" off. Us dudes are lucky we don't to do t hat.

JRS1386 02-12-2015 01:12 PM

Congrats Barbs. Do the kid a favor and give her a new hockey team

AJF_41 02-12-2015 07:47 PM

Wild are 9-1-2 over last 12.

Making a run, just like last year.

Dramageek 02-12-2015 08:12 PM

Quote:

Congrats! As the newest member of the Caps fan community, I'm sure her first words will be "Crosby sucks." ;)

Hope you are well.

fonzz41 02-12-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15819933)

At least only let her watch like Backstrom and Carlson, et al.

I know Ovie's doing better, but kids are so impressionable at this young age... you'd hate to get her started off on the wrong foot.

And I agree with the men of the thread. If you ever want to visit the realm of coitus again Barbs, do your wife as many solids as you can over the next few months (well yeah, and do it because you love her too, obviously). Try to look on the bright side for those late night feedings... I got to watch one whole season of 24 being up nights with our last. Unforgettable times. :lol

~Crashintome89~ 02-12-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15820670)
At least only let her watch like Backstrom and Carlson, et al.

I know Ovie's doing better, but kids are so impressionable at this young age... you'd hate to get her started off on the wrong foot.

And I agree with the men of the thread. If you ever want to visit the realm of coitus again Barbs, do your wife as many solids as you can over the next few months (well yeah, and do it because you love her too, obviously). Try to look on the bright side for those late night feedings... I got to watch one whole season of 24 being up nights with our last. Unforgettable times. :lol

leave it to the Mormon to almost get it wrong.

~Crashintome89~ 02-12-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15819933)

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

barbogast 02-13-2015 03:53 AM

Thanks for all the advice bros. Apparently my wife has a whole level of beast mode I wasn't aware of, she pushed the baby out with no drugs in less than an hour. I had no idea I was married to a birthing machine. And the baby is doing awesome, she can already hold her head up for brief moments.

Unfortunately, she is doomed for a lifetime of Caps fan disappointment. Maybe she's the lucky charm they need.

Taking her home tomorrow (which happens to be my birthday) and I cannot wait to watch the Caps/Kings game with her :)

TMoore4075 02-13-2015 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJF_41 (Post 15820591)
Wild are 9-1-2 over last 12.

Making a run, just like last year.

I take back what I said when they got Dubnyk. Granted it's not all him,but he's been solid.
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15820735)
Thanks for all the advice bros. Apparently my wife has a whole level of beast mode I wasn't aware of, she pushed the baby out with no drugs in less than an hour. I had no idea I was married to a birthing machine. And the baby is doing awesome, she can already hold her head up for brief moments.

Unfortunately, she is doomed for a lifetime of Caps fan disappointment. Maybe she's the lucky charm they need.

Taking her home tomorrow (which happens to be my birthday) and I cannot wait to watch the Caps/Kings game with her :)

To the wife, that's amazing. Mine, it took 24 hours after her water broke. Longest day ever. However, you'll be interested to know that I remember sitting in the hospital room wtaching the Caps beat the Blackhawks that Sunday. But when we brought Griffin home Tuesday, that night my Wings took the Caps down. :) Also amazing no drugs.

Very cool about the birthday. Griffin's birthday is 4 days after mine. It was a delayed present for me.

fonzz41 02-13-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15820681)
leave it to the Mormon to almost get it wrong.

When you've got as many wives to take care of as I do, sometimes you forget the little things.
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15820735)

Yeah dude, she sounds like a superhero. :thumbsup Both mine were c-section, so quick and easy... except for the recovery part.

Have fun taking RJ home. That can be the scariest part because you're like, "ok, what do I do with her now?" But you'll figure it out. :thumbsup

And yeah, one of the best parts of a new baby is having excuses to sit around and watch hockey. It's not like you can do anything else with them, so just be like, "yeah dear, no probs, I'll take the baby for as long as you need." Plop down on the couch with her, and boom - instant excuse to watch as much hockey as you want.

TMoore4075 02-13-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15821425)
Have fun taking RJ home. That can be the scariest part because you're like, "ok, what do I do with her now?" But you'll figure it out. :thumbsup

And yeah, one of the best parts of a new baby is having excuses to sit around and watch hockey. It's not like you can do anything else with them, so just be like, "yeah dear, no probs, I'll take the baby for as long as you need." Plop down on the couch with her, and boom - instant excuse to watch as much hockey as you want.

That's why I messaged you back then. Such a weird feeling and yeah you figure it out. It's fun when you figure out things to calm them that other people don't know. I had a song for Griffin that I made up that worked a lot or the best part....Playing Ants Marching from Live Trax 20. Yep, that worked a lot. lol

I also did enjoy the watching hockey. G watched a lot of that second round series against the Sharks with me back in 2011 and I mentioned before, woke during the third of game 4 against the Yotes so I was able to lay him down to sleep and then go finish watching the sweep. He knew to wake me up. lol

TMoore4075 02-13-2015 08:05 AM

All this talk has me wondering about a second one.

barbogast 02-13-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15820765)
I take back what I said when they got Dubnyk. Granted it's not all him,but he's been solid.

To the wife, that's amazing. Mine, it took 24 hours after her water broke. Longest day ever. However, you'll be interested to know that I remember sitting in the hospital room wtaching the Caps beat the Blackhawks that Sunday. But when we brought Griffin home Tuesday, that night my Wings took the Caps down. :) Also amazing no drugs.

Very cool about the birthday. Griffin's birthday is 4 days after mine. It was a delayed present for me.

I think it's only fair that new dads get a win for their baby's first hockey game. Of course now that I've said this, go ahead and book a Kings win tomorrow :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15821425)
When you've got as many wives to take care of as I do, sometimes you forget the little things.

:lol

Quote:

Yeah dude, she sounds like a superhero. :thumbsup Both mine were c-section, so quick and easy... except for the recovery part.

My wife basically is a superhero, she's a preschool teacher and handles infants on the reg, so she's kept me in check a lot. I fully plan to take advantage of that last paragraph. Dad will be sure to use Riley as a ticket to watch as much hockey as I can handle, and right before the best part of the season is starting? Now I love her even more ;)

Rebecca De Mornay 02-13-2015 08:30 AM

not what i expected to see when i opened the NHL thread :lol

TMoore4075 02-13-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15821755)
not what i expected to see when i opened the NHL thread :lol

Sorry. So Jackets only 14 points of the last playoff spot huh?

barbogast 02-13-2015 08:40 AM

:lol sorry I hijacked the thread for a page. We can continue the hockey talk now