Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Perch1019 05-27-2014 07:49 PM

Rangers didn't have it tonight. Hank sucked and they all played flat with the exception of the 5 minute onslaught in the 2nd.
Rest up and come out swinging on Thursday. It's more fun to win at home anyways.

Tiduwho 05-28-2014 05:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

The Hawks inevitable comeback starts tonight! :multi

UCFish 05-28-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiduwho (Post 15362584)
The Hawks inevitable comeback starts tonight! :multi

I hope you are right!

fonzz41 05-28-2014 08:08 AM

Just got around to watching the J. Moore hit. He'll definitely get 3-ish for that one. Bugs me that it was blind-side and head targeting. When you're coming at a guy from that angle, simply skate in front of him (instead of into him) and slightly lower your shoulder. Let him run into you. If you've established the correct body position, the check will be clean (yet still effective) and will cause minimal actual damage as both players' pads will absorb most of it. It works, I promise!

It was good to see the correct call made on the ice this time.

Also cool to see the reaction of AV and the rest of the NYR coaching staff. From what I could see, there was no yelling or screaming no belligerent protestation of the 5-minuter despite the situation they were in. From what I could see from the vid I was watching, they spoke with the refs politely and moved on.

Perch1019 05-28-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15362953)
Just got around to watching the J. Moore hit. He'll definitely get 3-ish for that one. Bugs me that it was blind-side and head targeting. When you're coming at a guy from that angle, simply skate in front of him (instead of into him) and slightly lower your shoulder. Let him run into you. If you've established the correct body position, the check will be clean (yet still effective) and will cause minimal actual damage as both players' pads will absorb most of it. It works, I promise!

He should get one. Anything more is just NHL BS. If Prust got two, and it was said he only got two instead of 1 bc of the injury, then this should be one. First time offender, he got the penalty, Weise was ok. The Prust hit was worse. He hit him something like .9 seconds after the puck left. This was in half that time. It was an ugly hit, it was dirty but its exactly the same and the fact that it was called and he got the 5 mins and hes not a repeat offender should be a factor.

I also want to know why the officials can confer and deem this a game misconduct penalty but the Prust hit was missed and not even an issue. Not one of those officials saw that hit and could confer to the others that it should have been called?

fonzz41 05-28-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perch1019 (Post 15363003)
He should get one. Anything more is just NHL BS. If Prust got two, and it was said he only got two instead of 1 bc of the injury, then this should be one. First time offender, he got the penalty, Weise was ok. The Prust hit was worse. He hit him something like .9 seconds after the puck left. This was in half that time. It was an ugly hit, it was dirty but its exactly the same and the fact that it was called and he got the 5 mins and hes not a repeat offender should be a factor.

I also want to know why the officials can confer and deem this a game misconduct penalty but the Prust hit was missed and not even an issue. Not one of those officials saw that hit and could confer to the others that it should have been called?

I agree with all your reasoning behind him only getting one game, just taking into account the silliness that is the NHL Player Safety department. Don't know if I would call either Prust or Moore's hits "worse" than the other because of a couple key differences: I know we disagree on this little thing, but I don't feel Prust targeted the head. Moore did. However, just like you said (and your .9 seconds fact succinctly backs it up), the Prust hit was a lot later. I hate to say it, but I can totally see the NHL giving Moore around the same amount of games just to "even the score". :rolleyes

The officials definitely learned from the debacle that was the Prust incident. It's possible that if the right call was made on the ice at the time, Carcillo would not be sitting for 10 games.

fonzz41 05-28-2014 08:39 AM

Also, pretty bad ass of Derek Stepan to break his jaw in Game 3, then come back in Game 5 and score two goals.

Par for the course for NHL-ers in the playoffs!

daveshookme 05-28-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15363040)
Also, pretty bad ass of Derek Stepan to break his jaw in Game 3, then come back in Game 5 and score two goals.

Par for the course for NHL-ers in the playoffs!

I think deadspin had a story that somebody from boston broke their hand in game 6 and their foot in 7 and never left.

Perch1019 05-28-2014 09:01 AM

I fully expect Moore to get 3 games.
It just really chaps my ass how much different of a series this is if they call the Prust hit. Rangers would have had a 5 min major and the way their PP was playing, could have ended the series right there. Instead they end up getting called for a penalty and then lose that guy and play a man down the rest of the game when it should have been Montreal in that situation. Im just in a bad mood after last night. I hate that this team cant make it easy.

fonzz41 05-28-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 15363073)
I think deadspin had a story that somebody from boston broke their hand in game 6 and their foot in 7 and never left.

Yeah, if I remember right it was actually Letang from Pittsburgh.

It's kind of morbid how much pride I take in finding out how many injuries guys have after a given playoff series.

TMoore4075 05-28-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 15363073)

It was Letang of the Pens. And ya know...had a stroke a few months ago too.

TMoore4075 05-28-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15363091)

It's kind of morbid how much pride I take in finding out how many injuries guys have after a given playoff series.

Damn it, Matty...

fonzz41 05-28-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15363094)
Damn it, Matty...

Yeah, but you pointed out the stroke thing, which exponentially increases the bad assery.

Perch1019 05-28-2014 09:34 AM

The NHL Thread

Dorset has a hearing today. No word on Eller or Borque for their cross checks.

Edit: they're reviewing it. Not hearing.

~Crashintome89~ 05-28-2014 10:13 AM

haha Crawford is going to get arrested for squirting a Kings fan. That's great.

HallowBillies7 05-28-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15363309)
haha Crawford is going to get arrested for squirting a Kings fan. That's great.

The guy pressing charges is an idiot, he's saying there's back wash in the water that irritated his eyes. You can't get back wash in the Gatorade bottles.

TMoore4075 05-28-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 15363332)
The guy pressing charges is an idiot, he's saying there's back wash in the water that irritated his eyes. You can't get back wash in the Gatorade bottles.

Yeah nothing will happen. The law will laugh at his ass. The NHL will fine Crawford I'm sure, because he crossed that line but nothing more than that will happen.

daveshookme 05-28-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15363091)

It is morbid but as players ourselves (at least I believe you are...?) it's a sadistic kind of pride.

aeroshady 05-28-2014 11:07 AM

I got asked if I was a Hawks fan by abc news Chicago while walking down the street today. They wanted to interview me about tonight's Hawks game haha

fonzz41 05-28-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 15363449)
It is morbid but as players ourselves (at least I believe you are...?) it's a sadistic kind of pride.

Yes I am, and that's a great way of describing it. :lol

~Crashintome89~ 05-28-2014 11:20 AM

Chicago fans are probably hoping Crawford gets suspended for the entire series.

barbogast 05-28-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15363459)
I got asked if I was a Hawks fan by abc news Chicago while walking down the street today. They wanted to interview me about tonight's Hawks game haha

:lol that's great

LAA1305 05-28-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15363485)
Chicago fans are probably hoping Crawford gets suspended for the entire series.

He really hasn't been the problem. Hawks defenders have been letting guys just camp in front of the net all night, wouldn't matter who is in goal if their defensemen don't start moving guys out and at least giving their goalie a chance.

As for Moore, he will absolutely get more than one game and he absolutely deserves more than one game. His hit was every bit as bad as Prust's. Wiese didn't break his jaw like Stepan, but he easily could have on a hit like that. It was late AND targeted the head area. Making it even worse is the fact that Moore got in front of Wiese then launched himself back in the other direction to hit him -- well after the puck was gone. So it was late, high and he led with the elbow -- absolutely deserves more than a game. Not sure I could see any justification on how his hit was more of a "hockey play" than Prust's. Even Prust didn't change directions to make his hit.

Perch1019 05-28-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAA1305 (Post 15363618)
As for Moore, he will absolutely get more than one game and he absolutely deserves more than one game. His hit was every bit as bad as Prust's. Wiese didn't break his jaw like Stepan, but he easily could have on a hit like that. It was late AND targeted the head area. Making it even worse is the fact that Moore got in front of Wiese then launched himself back in the other direction to hit him -- well after the puck was gone. So it was late, high and he led with the elbow -- absolutely deserves more than a game. Not sure I could see any justification on how his hit was more of a "hockey play" than Prust's. Even Prust didn't change directions to make his hit.

It was a bad shot but Prust got two Bc of the injury. Factor that in with him being a repeat offender and thats why he got two. Moore is neither. One should be more then sufficient and I only think he gets one bc the 'Match penalty' call. Prust went more of a distance to get to Stepan. Prust hit took .93 second while this was .5 (CBC technology determined that) A late hit is considered .6. It was ugly no doubt.

And fuck the Habs coach whos against this hit but called the Prust one "a hockey hit". I hate that guy.

LAA1305 05-28-2014 02:00 PM

Agreed, neither was a hockey hit. But the time thing is irrelevant to me because Moore changed directions to make his hit, Prust did not -- to me, that makes up for the fractions of a second difference. Both players knew exactly what they were doing and both hits were dirty. I'd be shocked if it isn't two games.

Perch1019 05-28-2014 02:15 PM

He might not switch directions but I see Prust line up Stepan in his hit and then throw his body into his head area.
It's all semantics. Neither should have done it.
Hearing was almost 3 hours ago and no news. Fake twitter report had three and spread quick. I still think one.

LAA1305 05-28-2014 04:02 PM

Official ruling is two games. Very much deserved, in my opinion. It's too bad that so much time in this series (and others in the past) are spent talking about the lengths of suspensions and whether or not suspensions are even necessary. A lot of nonsense so far, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this series wraps up.

Still don't see a why the Rangers lose two more with the advantage they have in net.

HallowBillies7 05-28-2014 04:26 PM

I figured not a lot of you guys would see this from the Bruins show Behind the B. They have Bergeron mic'd up and him and Subban talking is hilarious. Bergy is such a gentleman.

http://youtu.be/yTHsloNFgTg

bonzo48280 05-28-2014 04:37 PM

I think if the Hawks win tonight then this thing goes 7 and we all hate our lives for a few days

rustysurf83 05-28-2014 04:38 PM

Like the Hawks lines tonight if Zus and Bollig are going to be in anyway. Think Kaner gets one tonight, Sharpie might hate life.