Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

hailtopitt 02-03-2016 06:46 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16278483)
Good lord, you are so miserable. Can someone get this guy a balloon, or an ice cream cone or something? Life's not that serious, man. Relax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16278589)
Ice cream cones are a waste and mean nothing and don't get my started on those balloons

i'm sorry that facts upset you so much

Dramageek 02-03-2016 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16278746)
Nice nailbiting win by the Hawks without Toews.

What on earth was NHL.com thinking by redesigning their perfectly good website? I have a subscription to watch all the Hawks games but tonight was brutal, I got to watch about 20 minutes of the game because it constantly blacked out to refresh - no need to reinvent a perfectly good wheel. I tried calling nhl.com and was on hold for 30 minutes before finally hanging up due to frustration so I was apparently not the only one who was annoyed at their gimmick. Before the all star break I had no problems watching the games at all. They better get this squared away soon because this was brutal and I fully plan to call them again tomorrow duriing the day to give them a piece of my mind.

They changed their app, too, and not for the best. I was out last night and tried to follow the Pens game on the app, but it's real time updates didn't seem to be working properly, and seemed harder to follow than the old app. Ah well, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Speaking of the Pens, though, it is really nice to see Crosby playing like himself again. He's back up to No. 14 in scoring, which is impressive considering where he was and his horrible start. He won't catch Kane by any stretch, but I won't be surprised to see him in the top 5 by season's end.

hailtopitt 02-03-2016 07:07 AM

:lol that Penguins game was poetic timing coming after our discussion of needing to increase scoring in the league

although, a few of those were due to lackluster goaltending last night. really fun game nonetheless. now off to Florida for a road trip

i think it might be the Dad's trip but i'm not sure

Dramageek 02-03-2016 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16279041)
:lol that Penguins game was poetic timing coming after our discussion of needing to increase scoring in the league

although, a few of those were due to lackluster goaltending last night. really fun game nonetheless. now off to Florida for a road trip

i think it might be the Dad's trip but i'm not sure

That was like a game from 1988, but I'll take the win! :lol

And nice. The team always seems to play well during the dad's trip. Keep the momentum going.

As for the updated NHL.com, it does seem to offer better stat breakdowns, so that's a plus.

hailtopitt 02-03-2016 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16279054)
That was like a game from 1988, but I'll take the win! :lol

And nice. The team always seems to play well during the dad's trip. Keep the momentum going.

As for the updated NHL.com, it does seem to offer better stat breakdowns, so that's a plus.

how fucking sexy is that Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel line?

no one can skate with them....and the Power Play, my god :hump

Dramageek 02-03-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16279070)

no one can skate with them....and the Power Play, my god :hump

Yes yes yes to all of this. The team if finally playing like I've been hoping they would with all of their talent.

I have to give Rutherford some credit. The Scuderi for Trevor Daley deal and the Perron/Clendening for Hagelin deal are looking pretty, pretty, pretty, prettyyyyy good.

space_raven 02-03-2016 07:32 AM

Florida Panthers surprise team of 2015-16?

Lcsulla 02-03-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16278835)
i had trouble with NHL TV and my Chromecast last night. Rangers broadcast wouldn't load and the Devils broadcast cut in and out every 10 minutes or so. Whatever they did on the back end is off to a rough start.

I do like how you can change the broadcasts without loading the video first though, when you're casting.

Nice to know I was not the only one, even thought I suspected as much when the help lines were so clogged. I had the same issues as you did. I tried it from a windows 10 laptop wireless, them plugged it in to the router hoping maybe my wireless was the issue - no dice, then I tried it with a windows 8 laptop - both wired and wireless, them tried an apple iPad, then a smart phone and lastly I tried my desktop (hardwired) to pipe it into my smart TV via blue tooth and lastly I even tried my android phone. Nothing seemed to work until about midway through the third where I was watching it on my desktop monitor - heck I even tried multiple browsers. I think they need more bandwidth on their end to be honest. Rather lousy roll out for a new platform IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 16278983)
This article has a lot of relevant information. Short answer: MLB Advanced Media took over the site and all of the NHL's digital side.

I do like the changes they made to offer more content but they need to get the bugs worked out soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16278990)
McDavid's goal last night is the goal of the year. That was insane.

Great to see him back on ice and yeah, that was an amazing goal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 16278995)
Kid knows how to hockey. He's gonna be so much fun to watch for a long time.

Yup! But how long will Edmonton keep him will be the big question, He is going to be a star and he will have his agents trying to get him more $'s for his next contract and truthfully the Oilers are not that good a team so they may choose not to resign him but equally they may wish to retain him simply to put a better team on the ice and pack more fans into the arena. No idea which way they will play this one out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16279028)
They changed their app, too, and not for the best. I was out last night and tried to follow the Pens game on the app, but it's real time updates didn't seem to be working properly, and seemed harder to follow than the old app. Ah well, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Speaking of the Pens, though, it is really nice to see Crosby playing like himself again. He's back up to No. 14 in scoring, which is impressive considering where he was and his horrible start. He won't catch Kane by any stretch, but I won't be surprised to see him in the top 5 by season's end.

I do not have the app so I cannot comment on that. I do agree it is great to see Crosby back in top form.

hailtopitt 02-03-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16279090)
Yes yes yes to all of this. The team if finally playing like I've been hoping they would with all of their talent.

I have to give Rutherford some credit. The Scuderi for Trevor Daley deal and the Perron/Clendening for Hagelin deal are looking pretty, pretty, pretty, prettyyyyy good.

yea great trades as of today

and i'll give Sullivan some credit too...he seems to be the one guy to FINALLY get Crosby to play on the goal line on the PP and have Geno on the half-wall

it's glaringly obvious that that's the best alignment for this team

TMoore4075 02-03-2016 08:02 AM

I don't like those 6-5 games when they involve my team. I like scoring chances and pace but when goalies give up bad goals, it can be cringe worthy.

hailtopitt 02-03-2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16279206)
I don't like those 6-5 games when they involve my team. I like scoring chances and pace but when goalies give up bad goals, it can be cringe worthy.

guess you didn't read my post very thoroughly

TMoore4075 02-03-2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16279214)
guess you didn't read my post very thoroughly

I did. Just giving my opinion.

Lcsulla 02-03-2016 08:17 AM

Just spoke with nhl.com tech support and customer support. They know they goofed last night with the roll out and were apologetic. They have their tech guys working 24/7 to correct the flaws and all should be normal in a day or two so we can all enjoy games again!

hailtopitt 02-03-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16279233)
I did. Just giving my opinion.

i'm not sure you know what an opinion is, then

my post was perfectly in line with everything i was saying yesterday. i'm sorry you can't handle that.

TMoore4075 02-03-2016 08:26 AM

https://twitter.com/strombone1/statu...17491856957440

Dramageek 02-03-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16279261)

:lol Definitely Luongo.

dmbetc 02-03-2016 11:03 AM

Wow, 20 games for Wideman.

SirBobalew 02-03-2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16279535)

Just saw that. Not terribly surprised, refs union would probably have been pissed with anything less. I fully expect Wideman to appeal it and get it knocked down to 10. Even Kerry Frasier said he expected it to be 10.

~Crashintome89~ 02-03-2016 11:22 AM

I'm just glad the Pens are back in form so they can ultimately lead their fans to inevitable disappointment come Spring time.

Roose13 02-03-2016 11:25 AM

Just watched the Wideman hit again. Clearly intentional.

hailtopitt 02-03-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16279565)
I'm just glad the Pens are back in form so they can ultimately lead their fans to inevitable disappointment come Spring time.

being "disappointed" would mean that we are expecting something other than an early exit

either way, you as a DMB fan and a Flyers fan should feel optimistic as this is year #41 without a Cup for you guys

must be a sign

~Crashintome89~ 02-03-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16279612)
being "disappointed" would mean that we are expecting something other than an early exit

either way, you as a DMB fan and a Flyers fan should feel optimistic as this is year #41 without a Cup for you guys

must be a sign

Thanks, Mark Madden!!!

coldengrey12 02-03-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16278702)
Nice way to come back from an injury
http://youtu.be/-9ru_R7Qjjo

Yowzah.

Great stick work.

hailtopitt 02-03-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16279636)
Thanks, Mark Madden!!!

nah, Mark Madden hates DMB

barbogast 02-03-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16279579)

Clearly. No clue how people saw it differently.

TMoore4075 02-03-2016 12:33 PM

I thought 10 games was gonna happen as they would argue it was unintentional and it's hard to actually prove intent. But I'm ok with 20.

Lcsulla 02-03-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16279535)

Not shocked at all, he deserves it after that hit - also gonna cost him over $550,000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16279565)

I can relate completely, I am also an Oakland Raiders fan and they disappoint me every damn year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16279579)

Yeah, I agree. That was clearly an intentional crosscheck in the back.

skwormin 02-03-2016 02:26 PM

Hawks dominated in Denver last night. Was a fun night at the Pepsi center. Always is when the Hawks are in town

Lcsulla 02-04-2016 08:51 AM

Hearing a lot of talk about Andrew Ladd being traded back to Chicago if the two teams can work out a trade that is mutually beneficial to both teams. Ladd would be a damn solid 3rd line winger for the Hawks if this happens.

fonzz41 02-04-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16280800)
Hearing a lot of talk about Andrew Ladd being traded back to Chicago if the two teams can work out a trade that is mutually beneficial to both teams. Ladd would be a damn solid 3rd line winger for the Hawks if this happens.

Who would they give up cap-wise to get him? I mean, they might be able to make it work... I have no actual interest in doing the calculations to see what his pro-rated salary would be if he got moved at the deadline.

But yeah, Ladd is the type of guy any team would want to have going into the playoffs.

Lcsulla 02-04-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16280869)
Who would they give up cap-wise to get him? I mean, they might be able to make it work... I have no actual interest in doing the calculations to see what his pro-rated salary would be if he got moved at the deadline.

But yeah, Ladd is the type of guy any team would want to have going into the playoffs.

You guys want Brian Bickell and a few draft picks in return? :lol

I am like you with having no interest in doing the calculations - all I know is the Hawks have over 3 mil in cap space remaining to work with so maybe something could be worked out.

Agreed on Ladd being an asset going into the playoffs, he be a great boost on the Andrew Desjardins line along with Teuvo Teravainen since both Ladd and Teravainen can play equally well on either wing.

Lcsulla 02-04-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16279070)

no one can skate with them

Kane, Panarin and Anisimov line is every bit as good.

TMoore4075 02-04-2016 10:06 AM

Per generalfanager, Hawks could take on 3.3mil in terms of cap hit. Ladd's cap hit is 4.4.

hailtopitt 02-04-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16280889)
Kane, Panarin and Anisimov line is every bit as good.

i meant more of a line vs a shutdown defensive pair

but even still, every time they are out there, they're on the attack. they always have puck

also, remember that Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel have only been playing together for a couple weeks...only gonna get better

and Kane-Panarin-Anisimov don't have the same speed as the Malkin line

Roose13 02-04-2016 10:07 AM

NHL.com's new layout sucks.

Roose13 02-04-2016 10:08 AM

Since we're all gonna be homers now, I think the Voracek-OMGCG-Simmonds line is pretty snazzy.

kev87lads 02-04-2016 10:12 AM

^ That line isn't even the best on the Flyers. Give me Read-Laughton-Raffl any day against anybody.

hailtopitt 02-04-2016 10:12 AM

i never said the Pens line was the best, i just said no one can skate with them

Roose13 02-04-2016 10:16 AM

And I just said that line was snazzy. And the second line, before Coots' injury, was Raffl-Coots-Schenn and that is their best line right now.

hailtopitt 02-04-2016 10:18 AM

i don't think saying the Hegelin-Malkin-Kessel line is the fastest in the league is homerism, all you have to do is watch them

if you go through my posts over the years here i think you'll see i'm pretty objective when it comes to the Pens.

Lcsulla 02-04-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16280897)

but even still, every time they are out there, they're on the attack. they always have puck

also, remember that Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel have only been playing together for a couple weeks...only gonna get better

Agreed on the speed but watching them play is amazing. Also, they get a lot of help from their D guys on that line, Seabrook and TVR.

Honestly though, have to say the most amazing offensive line I ever watched was Gretzky, Hull and Shanahan when they were the top line for the Blues!

hailtopitt 02-04-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16280915)
Agreed on the speed but watching them play is amazing. Also, they get a lot of help from their D guys on that line, Seabrook and TVR.

Honestly though, have to say the most amazing offensive line I ever watched was Gretzky, Hull and Shanahan when they were the top line for the Blues!

:lol yea that's hard to complete with

Lcsulla 02-04-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16280916)
:lol yea that's hard to complete with

So true, no idea why they didn't advance very far in the playoffs. That line had Al MacInnis and Chris Pronger supporting them on D, not to mention Grant Fuhr was a damn good goalie and Keenan was a solid coach!

Roose13 02-04-2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16280914)
i don't think saying the Hegelin-Malkin-Kessel line is the fastest in the league is homerism, all you have to do is watch them

if you go through my posts over the years here i think you'll see i'm pretty objective when it comes to the Pens.

Well that escalated quickly.

Calm down, sparky. It was a joke.

hailtopitt 02-04-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16280928)
So true, no idea why they didn't advance very far in the playoffs. That line had Al MacInnis and Chris Pronger supporting them on D, not to mention Grant Fuhr was a damn good goalie and Keenan was a solid coach!

i loved Al MacInnis

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16280933)
Well that escalated quickly.

Calm down, sparky. It was a joke.

do i look like Chevy Chase?

fonzz41 02-04-2016 10:38 AM

Guys, McLeod-Mitchell-Skille is the best 4th line in hockey. So there.

Dramageek 02-04-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16280897)

Not this weekend. Malkin is sitting out the FLA trip with a "nagging" lower body injury. :mad

hailtopitt 02-04-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16280953)
Not this weekend. Malkin is sitting out the FLA trip with a "nagging" lower body injury. :mad

yea i just heard

sounds like Fehr will be out a month too

here we go with the Penguins injury bug again...

Dramageek 02-04-2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16281013)
yea i just heard

sounds like Fehr will be out a month too

here we go with the Penguins injury bug again...

I'm actually relieved. I thought he was done for the season. But yeah, here come the injuries. Stay safe out there, Sid!

hailtopitt 02-04-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16281027)
I'm actually relieved. I thought he was done for the season. But yeah, here come the injuries. Stay safe out there, Sid!

so they've got Letang and Crosby firing on all cylinders right now

if Malkin can come back quickly and play like he did the first half of the year and Fleury can shake off the cobwebs, we may have something here...

Lcsulla 02-04-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16280936)
i loved Al MacInnis

Yeah, he was rock solid on D and had so much power in his shots. The year before Mike Luit was moved from St. Louis to Hartford MacInnis took a slapshot from outside the blue line that had so much force behind it it completely shattered Liut's goalie mask. Talk about some power in a shot, holy damn was that astounding.

hailtopitt 02-04-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16281085)
Yeah, he was rock solid on D and had so much power in his shots. The year before Mike Luit was moved from St. Louis to Hartford MacInnis took a slapshot from outside the blue line that had so much force behind it it completely shattered Liut's goalie mask. Talk about some power in a shot, holy damn was that astounding.

:lol the real life Fulton Reed

fonzz41 02-04-2016 12:31 PM

I remember one time seeing Chris Drury dive face first to block a MacInnis slapper. Luckily the puck completely missed him, but just his willingness to do that cemented himself in my eyes as one of the gutsiest players to ever play the game.

Lcsulla 02-04-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16280899)
NHL.com's new layout sucks.

Yeah, they really botched the redesign completely. No idea why they felt it necessary to reinvent a perfectly good wheel. On the plus side, when I spoke with them yesterday they said they had their tech guys working 24/7 to work out the bugs.

Lcsulla 02-04-2016 06:54 PM

Wow, I have never seen coach Q so mad and rightfully so. Anyone who sees the replay of the Chicago goal that was called back by that idiot ref knows that it is not interference if an opposing player pushes someone into their goalie. It is so clear from the replays that even Stevie Wonder would know it is a good goal by Hossa. Then Q was so mad he yelled at the refs enough to get a 2 minute penalty and amazingly Phoenix converts so instead of it being 1-0 Chicago it is 1-0 Phoenix. Morons.

Edit: Also going back to the new nhl website. It is pretty amazing that they have no problem streaming crystal clear commercials with no issues at all but when the actual game is on it gets all choppy, refreshes quite often, looses audio and sometimes even looses video entirely. Whoever the mental midget who designed this new site does not know how to make a webpage in the slightest. Not idea what what the dimwhits at NHL were thinking. They had a perfectly good site and now it is a disaster. They better get this fixed quick or next season I am just getting the NHL subscription through my cable TV provider and to hell with nhl.com.

~Crashintome89~ 02-04-2016 06:54 PM

Flyers making Pekke Rinne look silly.

JRS1386 02-04-2016 07:32 PM

Flyers are terrible

mr.MikeD 02-04-2016 08:14 PM

I'm not getting too excited because it was against Columbus and Ottawa but the oilers have some life.

barbogast 02-04-2016 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16281490)
Wow, I have never seen coach Q so mad and rightfully so. Anyone who sees the replay of the Chicago goal that was called back by that idiot ref knows that it is not interference if an opposing player pushes someone into their goalie. It is so clear from the replays that even Stevie Wonder would know it is a good goal by Hossa. Then Q was so mad he yelled at the refs enough to get a 2 minute penalty and amazingly Phoenix converts so instead of it being 1-0 Chicago it is 1-0 Phoenix. Morons.

There's not nearly enough excessive swearing in this post. You okay tonight, Sulla?

unccrombie 02-05-2016 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16281358)
Yeah, they really botched the redesign completely. No idea why they felt it necessary to reinvent a perfectly good wheel. On the plus side, when I spoke with them yesterday they said they had their tech guys working 24/7 to work out the bugs.

what's even more ridiculous is that they felt the need to re-brand and change the gamecenter backend MID SEASON
like....ok :lol

Lcsulla 02-05-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16281641)
There's not nearly enough excessive swearing in this post. You okay tonight, Sulla?

I am usually calm but on occasion I will swear in anger. Watch the video on the called back goal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxKXGewKCpA) and you can see why Q was so mad. It was only the first intermission for the game when I posted that with so I knew a lot of hockey was still to come and I also knew the Hawks had not found their groove yet and were struggling to stay in the O zone. Did you see any of the game? We all know that Chicago relies more on finesse then brute force but damn was that a battle that should have been played with pitchforks, swords and spears rather than sticks. Nice comeback for Toews too netting 2 with one to win in OT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16282011)
what's even more ridiculous is that they felt the need to re-brand and change the gamecenter backend MID SEASON
like....ok :lol

Honestly, make your changes after the season so the bugs are worked out before the season starts!

barbogast 02-05-2016 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16282125)
I am usually calm but on occasion I will swear in anger. Watch the video on the called back goal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxKXGewKCpA) and you can see why Q was so mad. It was only the first intermission for the game when I posted that with so I knew a lot of hockey was still to come and I also knew the Hawks had not found their groove yet and were struggling to stay in the O zone. Did you see any of the game? We all know that Chicago relies more on finesse then brute force but damn was that a battle that should have been played with pitchforks, swords and spears rather than sticks. Nice comeback for Toews too netting 2 with one to win in OT!

No I didn't watch the game nor have I seen the highlight of the call you speak of. Was just pointing out the noticeable lack of intense, excessive swearing. No commies, cock suckers, etc. That's my favorite part of when you get upset.

Lcsulla 02-05-2016 07:28 AM

Look at Q's reaction after the goal was reversed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xemkUBQrf4

hailtopitt 02-05-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16282163)
Look at Q's reaction after the goal was reversed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xemkUBQrf4

i didn't see the play, but Q was kind of embarrassing himself there...

Alazais 02-05-2016 07:32 AM

Leafs win 2 in a row. Cup Bound?

barbogast 02-05-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

:lol awesome. I imagine this is how you've reacted to things a few times.

Lcsulla 02-05-2016 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16282192)
:lol awesome. I imagine this is how you've reacted to things a few times.

In sports, yeah I certainly have. I could not show emotion at the time but senior year in soccer I was elected by my teammates to be captain but our coach nixed it thinking I was a bad influence on other players so he gave the captains band to some dork who rarely scored and could not fire up a team to save his life. I have also punched holes in my closet 4 times because I was so frustrated at mental errors or bad calls. Hell, there is even a $300 aluminum bat that I tossed into a lake after going 2/4 but lining out with the tying run on 3rd to end the game.

Alazais 02-05-2016 10:12 AM

Darnell Nurse has his parents in attendance last night and got into a fight. This was their reaction to him crushing the other guys will to live.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/main/e...-second-of-it/

TMoore4075 02-05-2016 10:46 AM

Fuck the NHL and Coyotes for giving the congrats to John Scott and his wife on the birth of their twins. 4 girls at home though...man.

barbogast 02-05-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16282770)
Fuck the NHL and Coyotes for giving the congrats to John Scott and his wife on the birth of their twins. 4 girls at home though...man.

That's a brave man. 4 kids of any variety sounds insane to me.

dmbetc 02-05-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

This is how I imagine you with every one of your posts.

barbogast 02-05-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16282804)

:lol :lol :lol exactly!

TMoore4075 02-05-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16282800)
That's a brave man. 4 kids of any variety sounds insane to me.

That too.

hailtopitt 02-05-2016 11:43 AM

really excited for Oskar Sundqvist to make his debut with the Pens tonight

lots of chatter in the summer about him possibly making the team out of camp. didn't happen that way but this kid has lots of upside

maybe even see him get a chance to jump up with Kessel & Hagelin for a shift or 2 just to see what happens

Roose13 02-05-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

:lol:lol:lol

Lcsulla 02-05-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

I am not like that 99% if the time believe it or not, just sometimes I snap. You can ask Matt or Joe or anyone else on here who I have hung out with, I am about as easy going as you can imagine. :)

Lcsulla 02-06-2016 07:50 PM

Wow, what a complete beat down of Dallas by the Hawks on the road tonight. They just did everything right from winning board battles, collecting the majority of the loose pucks, netting 2 short handed goals - heck Anisimov had a shortie and 3 assists! Seems like he is always involved so why stop now and Kane gets another goal. Crawford played out of his mind tonight. Just a complete game for Chicago to down Dallas 5-1 in the Stars own house!

Happy for the Rangers too, getting a big win in OT on a penalty shot in the dying seconds of OT!

Lcsulla 02-06-2016 08:35 PM

My mistake, it was Brad Marchand who scored on a penalty shot midway through OT to give the Bruins a win over The Sabres.

JRS1386 02-07-2016 04:27 AM

What does our Rags expert think of the Simmonds match penalty yesterday. I personally think it's bullshit

aeroshady 02-07-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16284280)
What does our Rags expert think of the Simmonds match penalty yesterday. I personally think it's bullshit

Crap call. He was reacting to a dumb hit to his head. I'm glad the Rangers won the game, but hockey officiating is getting horrendous.

JRS1386 02-07-2016 09:19 AM

Lol Capitals player fucking that odd man rush. Also, fuck Holtby and his amazing abilities

lockman21 02-07-2016 10:06 AM

I have a hard time reacting negatively to that "intent to injure" penalty. The NHL gets a bad rep sometimes for seemingly not taking player safety seriously, but when they do, people don't like it either and call officiating a joke.

aeroshady 02-07-2016 10:29 AM

After watching the replay with the Flyers announcers, I am glad Simmons got the game misconduct. They were being such biased tools about the entire thing.

JRS1386 02-07-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16284328)
Crap call. He was reacting to a dumb hit to his head. I'm glad the Rangers won the game, but hockey officiating is getting horrendous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16284396)
After watching the replay with the Flyers announcers, I am glad Simmons got the game misconduct. They were being such biased tools about the entire thing.

Would it be be biased if you agreed with them??? What part did you not like?

JRS1386 02-07-2016 10:38 AM

God damn Ovechkin and shitty play by the Flyers

aeroshady 02-07-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16284397)
Would it be be biased if you agreed with them??? What part did you not like?

I agree the call was a bad one. It was over the top for the situation. That said, good announcers at least make an attempt to keep their bias to themselves. These announcers were just annoying. Saying he was faking the injury was just sad.

I remember living in Boston and disliking the NESN team for the same reasons. If you want to be a fan, don't go into the announcers booth.

SirBobalew 02-07-2016 11:16 AM

What in the name of Bobby Orr did Matt Niskanen just do? That was unbelievable.

mr.MikeD 02-07-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16281561)
I'm not getting too excited because it was against Columbus and Ottawa but the oilers have some life.

Haha just kidding

barbogast 02-07-2016 01:27 PM

It really has been fun seeing how good the Caps are this year but I'm trying to remain level headed about all this. They've accomplished a lot, but basically it still adds up to nothing so far.

My family is trying to schedule a trip to the Outer Banks in late May. I'm going to be real sad when I don't have to find a bar that is showing the Caps game.

barbogast 02-07-2016 02:58 PM

Just saw the highlight of the Niskanen goal...holy smokes

Roose13 02-07-2016 06:08 PM

Dissapointing loss for Philly.

On a side note, taking my girlfriend to her first NHL game on Tuesday. Got tix cheap 19 rows off the ice for like half cost against the Ducks. Best part is that my girlfriend is originally from Michigan and she's never been to a hockey game. Get that! :lol

salrx95 02-07-2016 07:52 PM

Nice win today. I think we just scored again.

unccrombie 02-08-2016 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16284908)

On a side note, taking my girlfriend to her first NHL game on Tuesday. Got tix cheap 19 rows off the ice for like half cost against the Ducks. Best part is that my girlfriend is originally from Michigan and she's never been to a hockey game. Get that! :lol

you guys had us outplayed until the last like 10 minutes of the 3rd. then you went in to a shell.

barbogast 02-08-2016 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16285399)
you guys had us outplayed until the last like 10 minutes of the 3rd. then you went in to a shell.

I do believe he was referring to the Caps game yesterday, although the Rangers loss was probably tougher. Either way, Flyers suck and it's great.

unccrombie 02-08-2016 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16285432)
I do believe he was referring to the Caps game yesterday, although the Rangers loss was probably tougher. Either way, Flyers suck and it's great.

either way
no skin off my back

SirBobalew 02-08-2016 07:57 AM

Just read about the injury to Malcolm Subban. Scary shit. Throat protectors should be mandatory, like visors are. Grandfather in current goalies who don't use them, but otherwise...

Although even that is no guarantee, as Hank's throat injury proved.

Lcsulla 02-08-2016 08:37 AM

Agreed on the Subban injury, scary stuff.

On a lighter side it is nice to see Connor McDavid back and netting another one last night. I think he is the real deal and will have a great career, Once his contract is up in 2 seasons I think teams are going to be handing him blank checks so he can fill in the length of the contract and the annual salary.

TMoore4075 02-08-2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16285966)
Agreed on the Subban injury, scary stuff.

On a lighter side it is nice to see Connor McDavid back and netting another one last night. I think he is the real deal and will have a great career, Once his contract is up in 2 seasons I think teams are going to be handing him blank checks so he can fill in the length of the contract and the annual salary.

With the look he had on his face when the Oilers won the lottery, I wouldn't be shocked if he tried it. He didn't look happy. Thinking Buffalo or Phoenix and you get Edmonton.

Lcsulla 02-08-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16285999)
With the look he had on his face when the Oilers won the lottery, I wouldn't be shocked if he tried it. He didn't look happy. Thinking Buffalo or Phoenix and you get Edmonton.

Wouldn't you? Unless of course Edmonton somehow retools in the next two years to support him. They are a damn long was from the days of Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Fuhr, etc, etc. Kid has all the tools to be a great player for years to come, would love to have him on my team. :lol

dmbetc 02-08-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16284908)

Report back on if you smacked her around or not. I mean, whether or not she liked it.