Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   **Official NC "Two Step" 2021 Thread** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=353411)

BruceW 01-22-2020 07:00 AM

**Official NC "Two Step" 2021 Thread**

Friday, July 24, 2020 - Raleigh
Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - Charlotte

Sorry Texas, I stole your thread title.

NC is back to a 2 show state! :multi:bounce:multi

anklebunker 01-22-2020 08:20 AM

Re: **Official NC "Two Step" 2020 Thread**

What kind of fun family stuff is there to do in Raleigh? Thinking of planning a 5-day family trip around the Raleigh / Va. Beach pair of shows. If there's enough fun stuff in Raleigh we could spend Thu & Fri in Raleigh, then Sat/Sun/Mon in Va. Beach. If the beach wins out in terms of family stuff, we could fly into Raleigh on Fri, then spend Sat-Tue in Va. Beach. The kids' ages are 4-6. Any help would be appreciated!

GoingToCA91 01-22-2020 08:32 AM

I'm in for Charlotte. I think I'm going to wait it out and buy a ticket from someone on the boards the week of the show though. Thanks in advance, whoever you are!

grilldanmo 01-22-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anklebunker (Post 17618016)
What kind of fun family stuff is there to do in Raleigh? Thinking of planning a 5-day family trip around the Raleigh / Va. Beach pair of shows. If there's enough fun stuff in Raleigh we could spend Thu & Fri in Raleigh, then Sat/Sun/Mon in Va. Beach. If the beach wins out in terms of family stuff, we could fly into Raleigh on Fri, then spend Sat-Tue in Va. Beach. The kids' ages are 4-6. Any help would be appreciated!

Can't speak to Raleigh, but VA Beach itself is good for families. Sand & ocean, you'll definitely see some dolphins and pelicans. The VA Aquarium is down the road and quite nice. They've got dolphin cruises, pirate, cruises, and other such things. We eat at Beach Bully BBQ at least once every time we go. Good food, big serving sizes, great prices.

Our boys are now 9 (10 in July) and 15 (16 in April), but we've been taking them to VA Beach since they were babies. If the weather is nice, remember to use plenty of sun screen. :thumbsup

grilldanmo 01-22-2020 08:45 AM

To the topic of the show, we're considering the Raleigh/VA Beach "2-fer" this year. We didn't in 2018 and Raleigh got an awesome show and VA Beach did not. They were still great, but the set left a ton to be desired, especially after the monsoon that spoiled/truncated Bristow in 2018.

anklebunker 01-22-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grilldanmo (Post 17618084)
Can't speak to Raleigh, but VA Beach itself is good for families. Sand & ocean, you'll definitely see some dolphins and pelicans. The VA Aquarium is down the road and quite nice. They've got dolphin cruises, pirate, cruises, and other such things. We eat at Beach Bully BBQ at least once every time we go. Good food, big serving sizes, great prices.

Our boys are now 9 (10 in July) and 15 (16 in April), but we've been taking them to VA Beach since they were babies. If the weather is nice, remember to use plenty of sun screen. :thumbsup

Hey thanks for the info! Based on your advice and what I'm finding online, it may make the most sense to spend that extra day in VA Beach vs. Raleigh. Both have children's museums so that's a wash there...and as you pointed out, the beach is, well, the beach!

mposey34 01-22-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 17617698)

may as well, we wont be needing it

:BANG

TheLastStop123 01-22-2020 09:08 AM

see yall in raleigh!

KitKat76 01-22-2020 09:15 AM

Excited for these dates and planning on going to all 3 shows between Friday - Tuesday. My wife will be attending the VA Beach and Charlotte shows with me, I'll be going solo to Raleigh. Hoping for awesome weather!

dpduke5173 01-22-2020 10:10 AM

Excited to get Raleigh back in the mix since it’s always a crap shoot these days. Probably skipping MPP and doing both NC stops and Va Beach.

don_h 01-22-2020 10:33 AM

Glad they're hitting both Raleigh and Charlotte again for the option, but if history (2018) repeats itself, with VA Beach in the middle, there's a lot of repeats in Charlotte. I'm thinking Charlotte & Atlanta might be a better combo.

don_h 01-22-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Hopefully I'll actually spot those Corner of Grey St. shirts this year!

Michelle320 01-22-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grilldanmo (Post 17618093)
To the topic of the show, we're considering the Raleigh/VA Beach "2-fer" this year. We didn't in 2018 and Raleigh got an awesome show and VA Beach did not. They were still great, but the set left a ton to be desired, especially after the monsoon that spoiled/truncated Bristow in 2018.

But that VB 2018 poster....so good

grilldanmo 01-22-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anklebunker (Post 17618135)
Hey thanks for the info! Based on your advice and what I'm finding online, it may make the most sense to spend that extra day in VA Beach vs. Raleigh. Both have children's museums so that's a wash there...and as you pointed out, the beach is, well, the beach!

Yeah, if you love the ocean, it's really not even a choice. We're all about the ocean...

grilldanmo 01-22-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle320 (Post 17618414)
But that VB 2018 poster....so good

Yeah, I liked it too, especially the modded one. Good Good Time

GoingToCA91 01-22-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_h (Post 17618332)
Glad they're hitting both Raleigh and Charlotte again for the option, but if history (2018) repeats itself, with VA Beach in the middle, there's a lot of repeats in Charlotte. I'm thinking Charlotte & Atlanta might be a better combo.

I wish I could do ATL! Unfortunately I can't take any time off this year though. Saving it all for my wedding in September out in CA!

wjhende2 01-22-2020 01:52 PM

Not doing Charlotte this year. Raleigh is home show so excited it is back. Did Raleigh-VA Beach-Charlotte run last time and Raleigh was by far the best show but I’m also incredibly biased.

BruceW 01-22-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_h (Post 17618336)
Hopefully I'll actually spot those Corner of Grey St. shirts this year!

I probably won't be there. Nolan more than likely will be though

don_h 01-22-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 17618792)
I probably won't be there. Nolan more than likely will be though

I'm trying to convince my wife that WPB would be a good place for her 2nd show... So maybe there.

OK... now I just sound like a stalker... I'll shut up! LOL

Michelle320 01-22-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjhende2 (Post 17618788)
Not doing Charlotte this year. Raleigh is home show so excited it is back. Did Raleigh-VA Beach-Charlotte run last time and Raleigh was by far the best show but I’m also incredibly biased.

Did Charlotte in 2018 and seriously considering Raleigh before VB this year. Haven’t really considered Charlotte especially with MPP the weekend before VB. Seems like that is where I’m leanin towards

Michelle320 01-22-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_h (Post 17618908)
I'm trying to convince my wife that WPB would be a good place for her 2nd show... So maybe there.

OK... now I just sound like a stalker... I'll shut up! LOL

Absolutely loved WPB last year. Do it! Would do it again for sure if it wasn’t the weekend after Raleigh/VB....but not cancelling that Hilton WPB reservation just yet

jenhen27 01-22-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Ah, this is where you all are. I created a Raleigh thread when I couldn't find one. Just moved it to Trash. Excited to have Raleigh back. I'm thinking of bringing my 8yo. Her favorite song is Bartender. What's the pit like? Would she be sqaushed? I'd go for seats but I'm worried she won't be able to see anything.

Michelle320 01-22-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenhen27 (Post 17619113)
Ah, this is where you all are. I created a Raleigh thread when I couldn't find one. Just moved it to Trash. Excited to have Raleigh back. I'm thinking of bringing my 8yo. Her favorite song is Bartender. What's the pit like? Would she be sqaushed? I'd go for seats but I'm worried she won't be able to see anything.

If you don’t think pit would work I’ve seen the smaller kids standing on the seats and that makes them the same height at the adults (at other venues like VB).

jenhen27 01-22-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anklebunker (Post 17618016)

The state museums are free. We have a history museum and science museum right next to each other downtown. Dinosaurs, snakes, bugs, etc... The NC Museum of Art is also free and has lots of walking trails and outdoor sculptures.

Pullen Park has a carousel and train and is one of the oldest continuously running amusement parks in the world.

Raleigh also has one of the top 10 flea markets in the country with over 1,000 vendors and runs every weekend at the Fairgrounds except during the State Fair in October.

We have four state parks in our metropolitan area if you include Durham and Chatham counties. Jordan Lake State Park has a 14,000 acre reservoir and is home to the largest concentration of bald eagles on the east coast. You can take a captained pontoon boat tour with Jordan Lake Tours.

There are also tons of horse farms offering trail rides. Dead Broke Horse Farm offers trail rides on real horses (not ponies) (children under 6 ride with a parent on a draft horse).

The Durham Bulls (AAA) and the Mudcats (single A) have home games that weekend.

jenhen27 01-22-2020 08:41 PM

Just noticed that both Charlotte and Raleigh have oddball ticket prices of $123.34 for pit and lowers and similar oddball prices as you go down. Most venues stayed at the $115, etc... price while others have equally bizarre prices of $120.75, $125.93, $127.08,etc... I wonder if it's some kind of weird tax.

anklebunker 01-23-2020 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenhen27 (Post 17619148)
The state museums are free. We have a history museum and science museum right next to each other downtown. Dinosaurs, snakes, bugs, etc... The NC Museum of Art is also free and has lots of walking trails and outdoor sculptures.

Pullen Park has a carousel and train and is one of the oldest continuously running amusement parks in the world.

Raleigh also has one of the top 10 flea markets in the country with over 1,000 vendors and runs every weekend at the Fairgrounds except during the State Fair in October.

We have four state parks in our metropolitan area if you include Durham and Chatham counties. Jordan Lake State Park has a 14,000 acre reservoir and is home to the largest concentration of bald eagles on the east coast. You can take a captained pontoon boat tour with Jordan Lake Tours.

There are also tons of horse farms offering trail rides. Dead Broke Horse Farm offers trail rides on real horses (not ponies) (children under 6 ride with a parent on a draft horse).

The Durham Bulls (AAA) and the Mudcats (single A) have home games that weekend.

Thanks for the info! It now might end up being a dual family vacation, with my best friend and his family....so all of this is doubly helpful. :)

wjhende2 01-23-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Just noticed that both Charlotte and Raleigh have oddball ticket prices of $123.34 for pit and lowers and similar oddball prices as you go down. Most venues stayed at the $115, etc... price while others have equally bizarre prices of $120.75, $125.93, $127.08,etc... I wonder if it's some kind of weird tax.
VA Beach also has weird prices.
I’m just glad we can opt out of both $48.80 lawn and $48.80 reserved seating.

wjhende2 02-17-2020 01:13 PM

Here’s to hoping the premium lowers in Raleigh aren’t awful!

Hahninator 02-18-2020 07:32 AM

Had a pit in my cart on the Citi presale, went to check out, blah blah, entered 3 digit card code, hit confirm... it says "Sorry an error has occurred" and released the ticket. Jesus.

ISO 1 taper pit, if anyone has any luck with buying pit tickets

pcable89 02-18-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 17637774)
Had a pit in my cart on the Citi presale, went to check out, blah blah, entered 3 digit card code, hit confirm... it says "Sorry an error has occurred" and released the ticket. Jesus.

ISO 1 taper pit, if anyone has any luck with buying pit tickets

Wife had 2 pits in her cart right at the beginning of the citi presale and lost them too. So frustrating. Ended up with decent seats in Row G of Section 9.