Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

mr.MikeD 06-15-2019 12:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: Gloria!

Ha, I mean I like hockey far more but league has room to improve.

drakan 06-15-2019 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17472234)
Ha, I mean I like hockey far more but league has room to improve.

Every league is improving

Golf is trying to speed up the game and well survive.

Football still doesn't know what a fucking catch is.

Baseball is trying to speed up.

Soccer is incorporating VAR.

jcc522 06-15-2019 01:36 PM

Hockey officiating is bad far the worst of the major sports

Roose13 06-15-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 17472451)
Hockey officiating is bad far the worst of the major sports

You should watch more football on Sundays...

Lcsulla 06-15-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17471622)
Good trade for the Caps I think. Gudas adds a lot of nasty that the Caps don't have on their back end. Heís also cheaper and less expensive than Niskanen, and if this gives them space to bring back Hagelin, then yeah itís a no brainer. Mac killing it as per usual.

Will miss Nisky for sure. He was a big part of what happened last year.

Cap relief move IMO. We all know gudas is not the best player out there, he averages about 20 points a year and triple that in penalties. Yeah, he brings some edge but I think the Caps would much rather have Nisky in a perfect world.

kev87lads 06-15-2019 03:22 PM

The Flyers won’t be bringing back Andrew MACdonald. What an era it was.

Roose13 06-15-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 17472495)
The Flyers wonít be bringing back Andrew MACdonald. What an era it was.

Thank God

Chumlee67 06-15-2019 09:58 PM

Maatta for Kahun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradshaw06 06-15-2019 10:06 PM

Damn, gonna miss Olli. Was one of my favorites.

Lcsulla 06-16-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17472675)
Maatta for Kahun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I like this trade, Hawks are loaded with defensemen and Kahun was pretty solid on offense and will get better.

bradshaw06 06-16-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17472866)
Not sure I like this trade, Hawks are loaded with defensemen and Kahun was pretty solid on offense and will get better.

For what its worth, i think olli is built more for the west than east. He was really promising but the cancer and injuries kinda delayed him. He isnt the most fleet of foot and that was part of his issue, didnt fit with the pens system.

MOWJO8185 06-16-2019 12:23 PM

Brett Hull has been drunk for four straight days:

https://youtu.be/VEWGtRo-EHk

https://youtu.be/5iKW9V5SRRs

drakan 06-16-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 17472960)
Brett Hull has been drunk for four straight days:

https://youtu.be/VEWGtRo-EHk

https://youtu.be/5iKW9V5SRRs

I thought that was matt leblanc. my bad.

barbogast 06-16-2019 05:34 PM

Caps re-up Hagelin for four years :thumbsup

Lcsulla 06-16-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17472909)
For what its worth, i think olli is built more for the west than east. He was really promising but the cancer and injuries kinda delayed him. He isnt the most fleet of foot and that was part of his issue, didnt fit with the pens system.

I am more annoyed at losing Kahun, he is going to be pretty solid on the wing and can play any position on the foreword line plus the potential to be a top 6 guy. That said Hawks have an abundance of talented wingers both in the NHL and in the pipeline so that takes some of the sting out of it.

As for Maatta - I like the guys style (just not so much his contract and cap hit) - he is a defensive minded guy like Hjarlmasson that can offset Keith, Seabrook and Gustafsson so that helps. I also think Maata will help shore up our awful PK!

hailtopitt 06-17-2019 03:13 AM

Love ya Olli

Gonna miss him dearly

Chumlee67 06-17-2019 11:05 AM

LeBrun saying Karlsson has resigned in SJ for 8 years for 11+/year.

Brohan_Santana 06-17-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17473114)
Caps re-up Hagelin for four years :thumbsup

$10 mil left and still have AB65, Vrana & Connolly to deal with. AB65 & Vrana are both RFA.

If they keep both Burakovsky & Vrana, they'll need to ship out a high salary to keep both Holtby & BAkcstrom

Going to be very tricky

Lcsulla 06-17-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17473464)
LeBrun saying Karlsson has resigned in SJ for 8 years for 11+/year.

Saw that, going to be tough to make the math work if they want to hang on to Thornton, Pavelski, Meier, Donskoi and Nyquist though.

Sets the bar high for defensmen too - anoyone with some talent is going to be upping their numeric expectations. Happy the Hawks got Maatta prior to this signing too, they have enough talent in the pipeline on defense (plus vets) that they can afford to deal for a center, draft Turcotte to solidify the 3rd line center or go nuts and draft a D man knowing full well they will trade him or one of their prospects for an NHL seasoned foreword.

barbogast 06-17-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17473488)
$10 mil left and still have AB65, Vrana & Connolly to deal with. AB65 & Vrana are both RFA.

If they keep both Burakovsky & Vrana, they'll need to ship out a high salary to keep both Holtby & BAkcstrom

Going to be very tricky

Tricky is putting it lightly :lol

I like the Hagelin deal. They need a player like him and I think the cap hit is manageable. Hagelin is more important for me than Andre, as weird as that seems. Vrana is a no brainer. Connolly I expect is going to walk, and I think some team will dramatically overpay for him and heíll be put into a situation where more is expected of him than what is reasonable and it has the potential to not feel so good in a couple years.

Also, I trust in Mac. Every move heís made so far has been excellent. Backstrom is a must get it done deal. I donít think Braden Holtby gets resigned. Thoughts on that?

Chumlee67 06-17-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17473745)
Saw that, going to be tough to make the math work if they want to hang on to Thornton, Pavelski, Meier, Donskoi and Nyquist though.

Sets the bar high for defensmen too - anoyone with some talent is going to be upping their numeric expectations. Happy the Hawks got Maatta prior to this signing too, they have enough talent in the pipeline on defense (plus vets) that they can afford to deal for a center, draft Turcotte to solidify the 3rd line center or go nuts and draft a D man knowing full well they will trade him or one of their prospects for an NHL seasoned foreword.

Definitely going to be tough. I think they are factoring in a rise in the cap.

Brohan_Santana 06-17-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17473751)
Tricky is putting it lightly :lol

I like the Hagelin deal. They need a player like him and I think the cap hit is manageable. Hagelin is more important for me than Andre, as weird as that seems. Vrana is a no brainer. Connolly I expect is going to walk, and I think some team will dramatically overpay for him and heíll be put into a situation where more is expected of him than what is reasonable and it has the potential to not feel so good in a couple years.

Also, I trust in Mac. Every move heís made so far has been excellent. Backstrom is a must get it done deal. I donít think Braden Holtby gets resigned. Thoughts on that?

Part of me hopes he takes a step back so itís easier to let him go. But I think they have to let him go. A lot of Caps fans that are in the LBGT community wonít agree as heís made a impact for those in DC but from a business sense I think you let him go and usher in the Samsonov era

The expansion draft is going to throw a huge wrench in the plans too. GMBM does such a a good job, that uncertainty of expansion draft hurts. I wouldnít be surprised if he puts a trade in place

barbogast 06-17-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17473806)
Part of me hopes he takes a step back so itís easier to let him go. But I think they have to let him go. A lot of Caps fans that are in the LBGT community wonít agree as heís made a impact for those in DC but from a business sense I think you let him go and usher in the Samsonov era

The expansion draft is going to throw a huge wrench in the plans too. GMBM does such a a good job, that uncertainty of expansion draft hurts. I wouldnít be surprised if he puts a trade in place

Youíre right about the expansion draft. If he didnít cost the team a fortune (which heís going to) then ideally youíd hang onto him to cover the gap for these next two years and let samsonov develop slowly, and then expose Holtby and let him be for Seattle what Fleury was for Vegas. Unfortunately thatís not really a reality as Holtby has no reason to sign such a contract.

If you let Holtby go after this season, who plays goalie next year? Do we really end up losing Braden Holtby for nothing? Itís a real tough spot. Holtby is without doubt the most interesting of the decisions over the next 2-3 years.

fonzz41 06-17-2019 05:46 PM

we're talking about Sergei Samsonov, right?

drakan 06-17-2019 06:07 PM

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/arts...jersey-mugshot

Chumlee67 06-17-2019 09:59 PM

Trouba to NYR for Pionk and a pick (the pick was originally the Jets too)

fonzz41 06-17-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17474034)
Trouba to NYR for Pionk and a pick (the pick was originally the Jets too)

Rangers giving the rebuild idea the olí finger again. (Trouba is a great add though)

Brohan_Santana 06-18-2019 12:10 AM

The NHL Thread: Gloria!

Kessel vetoed trade to Wild

Edit: Pens GM now is saying ďheís here to stayĒ. Bold move to try and gain some leverage back

aeroshady 06-18-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17474108)
Rangers giving the rebuild idea the olí finger again. (Trouba is a great add though)

This was a huge move for the Rangers assuming he signs. We basically got him for nothing and he is a huge step up on our blue line! This rebuild has been amazing to watch. I canít wait to see it come together on the ice over the next few years.

Lcsulla 06-18-2019 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17473761)
Definitely going to be tough. I think they are factoring in a rise in the cap.

Yup, but even with a small rise they do not have the cap space to retain them all unless they can shop that asshole kane!