Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 02-07-2018 03:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Golden Knights are alright)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17010026)
Haha, I voted counted... hence the 50/50... what a mess, just st kill the interference challenge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17010178)
Just from glancing at it, the goal shoudl count. The forward isn't in the crease. The goalie comes out and initiates contact with the forward. Forward only falls over goalie after being hit into goalie by defenseman. Incidential contact.

"Call on the ice stands, we have a GOOD GOAL!" --Wes MaCauley

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17010207)
On first glance, I voted no goal.

However, looking a it more closely, yes the offensive player is at the top of the crease, but the goalie comes out and initiates contact and the defensive player makes contact with the offensive player right as the puck is at their feet. I have a very hard time faulting the offensive player, who is focusing on the puck, for falling into the goalie as the puck is at their feet.

The more I look at this I agree with you all that it should count since it does not look like the FWD initiated the contact. I originally saw the no goal signal and to be honest those camera angles are lousy so I thought the call on the ice should stand. After looking at it a few more times that is definitely a good goal.

That is what annoys me so much about that rule, it is just so damn subjective that it can often seem absurd.

daveshookme 02-07-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17010802)
The more I look at this I agree with you all that it should count since it does not look like the FWD initiated the contact. I originally saw the no goal signal and to be honest those camera angles are lousy so I thought the call on the ice should stand. After looking at it a few more times that is definitely a good goal.

That is what annoys me so much about that rule, it is just so damn subjective that it can often seem absurd.

Yeah but at least we donít have to debate for half an hour what a fucking catch is.

Roose13 02-07-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17010675)
wow, dustin brown retiring.

You okay, Sarah?

https://deadspin.com/a-tearful-dusti...-in-1822803881

God dammit you had me

Brohan_Santana 02-07-2018 05:49 PM

Remember when we all made fun of the Bruce Cassidy hiring last year? Yea well the Bís are 50-19-9 since the hiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fonzz41 02-07-2018 10:07 PM

The NHL Thread (Golden Knights are alright)

Burrows gets 10 games after going kneedlessly (see what I did there? Iím hilarious) postal on Taylor Hall.

http://bit.ly/2shd6jL

What an idiot.

Roose13 02-07-2018 10:14 PM

Wow, fuck Alexandre Burrows. Surprised that goon is still in the league.

dmbetc 02-08-2018 12:18 AM

Wow that’s messed up!

aeroshady 02-08-2018 09:23 AM

Burrows is a scumbag.

Also, the Rangers fall from grace has become comical at this point. Hank is going to have to face reality soon. I really would like to see him except a trade to a cup contending team (if that exists).

TMoore4075 02-08-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17011362)
Burrows is a scumbag.

Also, the Rangers fall from grace has become comical at this point. Hank is going to have to face reality soon. I really would like to see him except a trade to a cup contending team (if that exists).

His contract is gonna make that tough, even if he wants to go somewhere. AND how many teams need a goalie?

Chumlee67 02-08-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17010977)
Remember when we all made fun of the Bruce Cassidy hiring last year? Yea well the Bís are 50-19-9 since the hiring

I was skeptical at first. Now I have a full on pants tent...

fonzz41 02-08-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17011362)

The thing that bums me out most about the Rangers right now is Hank not getting a Cup. Would also love to see him go to a contender for a shot at it, but the problem is all cup contenders already have pretty solid goalies (that's part of why they are contenders) and Hank's way too good and makes way too much to go in as a backup. Maybe if a contender's starter goes down with an injury right before the deadline?

aeroshady 02-08-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17011488)
The thing that bums me out most about the Rangers right now is Hank not getting a Cup. Would also love to see him go to a contender for a shot at it, but the problem is all cup contenders already have pretty solid goalies (that's part of why they are contenders) and Hank's way too good and makes way too much to go in as a backup. Maybe if a contender's starter goes down with an injury right before the deadline?

Chicago maybe?

The Rangers need to move some pieces. I don't really care if the return is not prime. They need to get younger and blow this up. They need AV gone and they need to look towards building a team that can compete in 3-5 years again.

fonzz41 02-08-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17011610)
Chicago maybe?

The Rangers need to move some pieces. I don't really care if the return is not prime. They need to get younger and blow this up. They need AV gone and they need to look towards building a team that can compete in 3-5 years again.

Yeah, maybe Chicago... if they can even get into the playoffs!

Looking at the standings, St. Louis jumped out at me. They are in a great spot and primed to contend, but Allen's consistency has been probably their biggest weakness. They've tried the quick-fix-vet-goalie idea before (Brodeur and Miller) with neither panning out, but I would contend that Hank is still much better than either of them. The Blues would have to clear some cap space for him, as just about any team would. The Rangers would want some of their young pieces in return, which I would be very hesitant about parting with.

TMoore4075 02-08-2018 01:12 PM

Chicago does not have the cap space. It would have to be dollar in-dollar out and that's 8.5mil per for Hank? Plus they've got Crawford on the books for 2 more years and if his career is done and goes on IR that's one thing but if not, 14mil for your 2 goalies?

Isles maybe? Would be tough with them wanting to get JT signed too but they need a goalie.

aeroshady 02-08-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17011623)
Yeah, maybe Chicago... if they can even get into the playoffs!

Looking at the standings, St. Louis jumped out at me. They are in a great spot and primed to contend, but Allen's consistency has been probably their biggest weakness. They've tried the quick-fix-vet-goalie idea before (Brodeur and Miller) with neither panning out, but I would contend that Hank is still much better than either of them. The Blues would have to clear some cap space for him, as just about any team would. The Rangers would want some of their young pieces in return, which I would be very hesitant about parting with.

That is always the case though, and these trades happen. If you are a GM within reach of a Cup now, parting with some pieces of the future to better your chances is just part of the game. I would think that Hank could get some strong pieces back.

TMoore4075 02-08-2018 01:35 PM

Brendan Smith on waivers? LOL Thanks for the 2 picks NYR.

fonzz41 02-08-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17011633)
That is always the case though, and these trades happen. If you are a GM within reach of a Cup now, parting with some pieces of the future to better your chances is just part of the game. I would think that Hank could get some strong pieces back.

He definitely could get some good pieces back. Again, I think the biggest thing getting in the way of a trade is his contract. The allure of the Cup, especially for a team like the Blues that are primed for a deep run, could be enough to convince them to part with some young talent.

aeroshady 02-08-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17011675)
Brendan Smith on waivers? LOL Thanks for the 2 picks NYR.

Placed him on Waivers on his Birthday. That is a statement if I ever saw one.

Also look: The Rangers are better than the NHL at something! http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...n-knights-no-4

TMoore4075 02-08-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17011685)
Placed him on Waivers on his Birthday. That is a statement if I ever saw one.

Also look: The Rangers are better than the NHL at something! http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...n-knights-no-4

Thoughts?:

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/961670132345995265

Brohan_Santana 02-08-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17011688)

Give me McDonagh

Lcsulla 02-08-2018 02:06 PM

As much as I wish Chicago could add Hank I do not see how they can swing it unless the Rangers want to trade him straight up for Saad who is having a lousy season for the 6mm he is making - we can through in Thomas Jurco to sweeten the pot though! :lol

Chicago just has too much money tied up in Toews (10.5mm), Kane (10.5mm), Keith (5.5mm), Seabrook (6.8mm), Saad (6mm), Crawford (6mm), Anisimov (4.5mm), Murphy (3.8mm) - that is 53mm tied up in 8 players (more actually but I rounded some figures) plus who knows what happens with Hossa who is on LTIR but owed over 5mm a year through 2021 - add in another 12 guys who are making close to a million a year (in DuClair's case more) and it just doesn't work with the cap.

Even assuming Crow does not return this season (he likely will according to what I am reading) and they could free up another 6mm in cap space the Hawks would still have to (probably) add in some rookies or second year guys that are solid and I do not see why they'd want to dump guys like Schmaltz, DeBrincat, Rutta, Hartmann, Hinestroza, or Forsling all of whom are having solid seasons. So yeah, no way I can realistically see Hank landing in Chicago unless the Rags eat a ton of his salary and do not ask too much in return which is pretty unlikely since he is one of the best goalies in the league. I would love to have Hank back there splitting time with Crow but the math just doesn't work. Sure they have nearly 4mm in cap space left but that would not land Hanks by any means and I would expect they use that money to add a FWD and maybe another D man at the trade deadline. Sad fact is that the Hawks just have too much money tied up to make any big deals right now.

dmbetc 02-08-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17011688)

Hank to Colorado!

I read that though and first thought is Hank. Hopefully to a team that has a shot this year, but can also see him going to a place like Oilers or Buffalo

unccrombie 02-08-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17011366)
His contract is gonna make that tough, even if he wants to go somewhere. AND how many teams need a goalie?

Vegas needs one for the playoffs

Roose13 02-08-2018 02:43 PM

Wait, what is going on with the Rangers?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I get it now. I wonder who they trade? I know a Rangers fan who will be sad if Hank is traded.

fonzz41 02-08-2018 03:30 PM

The NHL Thread (Golden Knights are alright)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17011761)
Hank to Colorado!

Please no. Love him, but it would go against everything Sakic has put into place youth-wise over the past couple seasons.

Plus, our backup goalie was an NHL player of the month for January, so I think weíre good there [emoji6]

fonzz41 02-08-2018 03:38 PM

^ That said, wouldn't mind taking on McDonagh for some future picks. Still got some good years in him at 28 and would be great for the Avs young blueline (albeit a blue line that's about to be pretty crowded with Timmins and Makar set to make the team in the next year or so).

TMoore4075 02-08-2018 03:47 PM

That 2nd rounder that the Wings got for Smith is great too cause it's the Sens pick and that would be the 34th pick in the draft right now.

Lcsulla 02-08-2018 03:49 PM

Tough break for the Avs having to lose Rantanen (listed as day to day with a lower body injury) to injury though on plus side MacKinnon is skating but it does not appear that the timetable has changed. Losing 2/3's of your top line sucks especialy during this stretch of games.

fonzz41 02-08-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17011911)
Tough break for the Avs having to lose Rantanen (listed as day to day with a lower body injury) to injury though on plus side MacKinnon is skating but it does not appear that the timetable has changed. Losing 2/3's of your top line sucks especialy during this stretch of games.

Rantanen is good to go for tonight, so we were only without both for one game, which the Avs still managed to win somehow (won 3-1, outshot 20-49).

So, by "somehow", I mean Johnathan Bernier.

MacKinnon's injury timetable was 2-4 weeks. In his presser today, Bednar said things are going nicely and he's optimistic it will be closer to the 2 weeks instead of 4.

pathetic 02-08-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17010977)

:thumbsup

He's handing all 4 lines great right now. team didn't really miss a beat without marchand

Anyone catch that goal by Timmy Schaller last night to knock Hank out of the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU3bKwSVpGE