Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Keepers (Netflix) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=344975)

dre2142 05-19-2017 07:18 AM

The Keepers (Netflix)

So anyone starting this? Released today on Netflix.

They say it will be the next "Making a Murderer". Starting out a bit slow. We'll see how it progresses.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/a...flix.html?_r=0

TheLastStop123 05-19-2017 07:22 AM

Re: The Keepers (Netflix)

definitely in on this.

Jordan#41 05-19-2017 07:42 AM

I do plan on watching this. A lot of other shows currently on the plate though.

Rodey 05-19-2017 07:47 AM

Just heard about it this morning. Will probably binge through sometime soon.

Rodey 05-24-2017 08:01 PM

I only just got through Episode 2 and am already quite disturbed. Holy crap.

TimHonks 05-25-2017 06:51 AM

I watched 2 as well. It's not bad, but I can't really picture any mystery in this story.

I feel like it's just going to be a cover-up type story which isn't as interesting to me.

Ascf33 05-31-2017 07:06 AM

Finished last night. Ugh. I felt awful after Spotlight but this seems even worse. Makes me really ashamed to be Catholic, which is such a shitty feeling.

dre2142 05-31-2017 07:47 AM

I watched 2 and Im not rushing to finish it out like i have some other netflix docs....

Drwbllz 05-31-2017 07:48 AM

My wife and I binged it last weekend. Horrified, but not surprised. The same thing happened (except for the murder) in Boston, Philly and god knows where else.

Drwbllz 05-31-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre2142 (Post 16803031)
I watched 2 and Im not rushing to finish it out like i have some other netflix docs....

The second one is definitely the most stomach-turning.

justink 05-31-2017 08:10 AM

Feel like the murders might have been random. Or at most, same perpetrator but not connected to the priest.

Not sure I buy Jane doe's "he showed me the body" story. Not saying she made up the abuse. But the mind is a fickle thing and that sounds a bit.... idk. Too much.

Jake 05-31-2017 03:31 PM

Only on e3

Really feels like bullshit. Like completely unbelievable and unreliable to just take "Jane Doe" at her word

It's going to be a struggle to get through. Reminds me too much of making a murderer - with forced facts. Inserted that mislead

justink 05-31-2017 03:49 PM

Yeah they're certainly building big theories on sandy foundations. The necklace part had me rolling my eyes and fast forwarding.

Like I said, the sec abuse is probably mostly real. It happens unfortunately. The conspiracy murder and showing Jane doe the body are nonsense.

Drwbllz 05-31-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justink (Post 16803086)
Feel like the murders might have been random. Or at most, same perpetrator but not connected to the priest.

Not sure I buy Jane doe's "he showed me the body" story. Not saying she made up the abuse. But the mind is a fickle thing and that sounds a bit.... idk. Too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justink (Post 16803516)
Yeah they're certainly building big theories on sandy foundations. The necklace part had me rolling my eyes and fast forwarding.

Like I said, the sec abuse is probably mostly real. It happens unfortunately. The conspiracy murder and showing Jane doe the body are nonsense.

I don't think the nun's murder was random. If she confronted Maskell with the intent of bringing his acts to light it would behoove, at the very least, the officer(s) that were also taking part in the abuse to cover their own asses.

The other lady (name escapes me) that was found in the area just seems like coincidence, and the series hardly mentioned her aside from the beginning and the end. I didn't understand the need to include her murder. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but it seemed weird.

To the bolded: I don't see how the majority of it can't be. Why would a priest need to be burying documents (and maybe pictures) in the back of a cemetery in the middle of the night? We've also seen the Church's tendency to shuffle accused priests around from one parish to another.

My thoughts on Jane: It's possible she was never brought to the body and, as you mentioned, her being traumatized from abuse and the loss of her teacher could be responsible for her believing she did. I have no problem believing that. I also have no problem believing that Maskell thought he was above the law due to his ties to the PD and the aforementioned interest at least one of the cops would have in keeping it quiet.

If anything was underwhelming about the series, it's that there isn't that much mystery involved in it. Even if Maskell and/or his co-conspirators had nothing to due with either murder, I feel pretty confident that he was a fucking pedo and the Church helped cover up his affinity for child rape.

Jake 06-07-2017 09:05 PM

finished the show - didn't think it was very compelling.

in short...

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.