Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Started receiving spam texts to buy DMB gear... (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354909)

MSIMSON 05-03-2021 09:05 AM

Started receiving spam texts to buy DMB gear...

Has anyone else started receiving spam text messages with links to buy DMB gear? Here are a few I've gotten:

From (833) 330-1322:
Dave Matthews 30th anniversary fanwear - Order: https://moologo.com/<REDACTED UNIQUE IDENTIFIER>

From (844) 602-0369:
Dave Matthews Tumbler Cup. Only for True Fans! Link> https://cahere.com/<REDACTED UNIQUE IDENTIFIER>

I haven't bought any DMB gear for quite some time and I don't think I've ever purchased from 3rd party websites. (Only Live CDs from the official store, and that was years ago.)

Wondering where these could be coming from. Anyone else receiving these messages, or have any ideas?

Bartender72718 05-03-2021 09:09 AM

Re: Started receiving spam texts to buy DMB gear...

I have gotten a few also.

MSIMSON 05-03-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartender72718 (Post 17947058)
I have gotten a few also.

The texts I received also included a "Reply STOP to unsubscribe." I've avoided replying because any interaction with spam messages can validate to the spammer that your number is a real person, and lead to more spam...

Did your messages have the same unsubscribe option? Did you reply?

DaveHead77 05-03-2021 10:10 AM

Yup I got one yesterday. I’m assuming, it’s all from this site since we get that ad pop-up that you have to click on to get rid of it. So thanks Ants Marching!

dancheatham 05-03-2021 10:20 AM

I got one of these a year or two ago and then have received two more recently. Pretty strange. Not sure I've ever put my phone number into a DMB-related site or anything (other than Warehouse).

MSIMSON 05-03-2021 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveHead77 (Post 17947127)
Yup I got one yesterday. I’m assuming, it’s all from this site since we get that ad pop-up that you have to click on to get rid of it. So thanks Ants Marching!

I'm not sure I'm ready to blame AM.org - as far as I can remember, I haven't provided this website with my phone number. I can't find it anywhere in my profile here either. (I can't even find a field where a phone number would be added...)

For those that have received these messages recently, did they use the same wordings/websites that I included in my OP?

Foreverford05 05-03-2021 10:40 AM

Yeah I got one the other day, I just deleted it. I'm sure at some point during a ticket purchase we gave our number, and that data was sold to merch so they could hit the ground running this season with some sales initiatives.

davetripping02 05-03-2021 11:37 AM

Yes I've gotten like 3 recently. Just deleted them

DaveHead77 05-03-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSIMSON (Post 17947163)
I'm not sure I'm ready to blame AM.org - as far as I can remember, I haven't provided this website with my phone number. I can't find it anywhere in my profile here either. (I can't even find a field where a phone number would be added...)

For those that have received these messages recently, did they use the same wordings/websites that I included in my OP?

Well on second thought, I think you’re right. AM.org - my apologies.

HonestDenver1 05-03-2021 02:13 PM

I have as well. I don't know how/who they got my info from..

HonestDenver1 05-03-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foreverford05 (Post 17947170)
Yeah I got one the other day, I just deleted it. I'm sure at some point during a ticket purchase we gave our number, and that data was sold to merch so they could hit the ground running this season with some sales initiatives.

Didn't click it, but doesn't seem legit even. If so, it would be kind of crappy for DMB to sign us up without our knowledge.

verarino 05-03-2021 03:49 PM

I get them for a few bands. I'm wondering if its merchbar.com or something similar that hosts merch for multiple bands.

RiotAct 05-03-2021 04:05 PM

I haven’t gotten any yet. Kind of feel left out now.

Twostep542 05-03-2021 09:59 PM

If you got spam are you on iPhone or Android?

Maybe DMB app somewhere and spread through contacts.

i am android phone user and i didnt get no spam texts.

MSIMSON 05-04-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twostep542 (Post 17947626)
If you got spam are you on iPhone or Android?

Maybe DMB app somewhere and spread through contacts.

i am android phone user and i didnt get no spam texts.

I'm on android.

A quick Google search shows Ticketmaster had a data beach in 2018. Either that or maybe The Warehouse had a leak that hasn't been discovered/announced yet...?

Has anyone gotten these messages for another band's gear?