Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Brohan_Santana 06-10-2019 08:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!

Bruce Cassidy was a train-wreck with his stay with the Caps - I think we all thought he was a half season stop gap

Roose13 06-10-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17466929)
Well, I thought for the vast majority of the game the Blues were the better team. I thought they were the far better forechecking team and I thought Rask was really the only reason the Bruins stayed ahead through two periods. I thought the Bruins looked slow and tired. Agree or disagree?

I think both teams have looked slow tired at times. But that's what happens when you play into June. It's a total grind.

One thing is for certain with Wednesday, it won't be a blowout.

rickyh24 06-10-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17467001)
Why so sensitive?

This is great coming from the kid who was crying and telling people to leave the thread last night.

barbogast 06-10-2019 08:47 AM

How rattled can one dude be? :lol

Brohan_Santana 06-10-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17467003)
Hopefully we will be back for a banner raising shortly after and you guys can tell us to get TB12’s penis out of our mouths again.

TB12 is the goat. You don't deserve to cheer for him

Brohan_Santana 06-10-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17467008)
This is great coming from the kid who was crying and telling people to leave the thread last night.

You're missing a ring in your avatar - if you could please update. TIA

rickyh24 06-10-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17467009)

Ask your current self or last nights Brohan.

Roose13 06-10-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17467009)

I don't know, ask Brohan.

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17467007)
I think both teams have looked slow tired at times. But that's what happens when you play into June. It's a total grind.

One thing is for certain with Wednesday, it won't be a blowout.

'

It'll be a Boston blow out. No way Blues recover from losing last night.

barbogast 06-10-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17467014)
'

It'll be a Boston blow out. No way Blues recover from losing last night.

This is kinda what I’m thinking. But the Blues have been surprising us all season. And it’s just one game. It’s a random sport

rickyh24 06-10-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17467011)
You're missing a ring in your avatar - if you could please update. TIA

My avatar is definitely outdated.

Do you like this one?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d991c96776.jpg

Brohan_Santana 06-10-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17467018)
My avatar is definitely outdated.

Do you like this one?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d991c96776.jpg

Not a huge fan

DMBstandUP1984 06-10-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17467015)
This is kinda what I’m thinking. But the Blues have been surprising us all season. And it’s just one game. It’s a random sport

Unless there is another forward being suspended for game 7 I don’t see a blow out

I think Blues are winning the cup tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fonzz41 06-10-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

:thumbsup It seems that Binnington is a classic rookie in the sense that if he can make some big saves early he gets into a groove and that's when he becomes unflappable. With that in mind I think a lot will depend on the Bruins being able to score early.

This has turned into an excellent series. As a hockey fan watching purely out of love for the sport, I have not been disappointed.

Chumlee67 06-10-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17467028)
:thumbsup It seems that Binnington is a classic rookie in the sense that if he can make some big saves early he gets into a groove and that's when he becomes unflappable. With that in mind I think a lot will depend on the Bruins being able to score early.

This has turned into an excellent series. As a hockey fan watching purely out of love for the sport, I have not been disappointed.

If I am not mistaken, the team thats scored first this cup hasnt lost

Edit: I am mistaken

rickyh24 06-10-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17467027)
Unless there is another forward being suspended for game 7 I don’t see a blow out

I think Blues are winning the cup tbh

I think the Bruins learned last night to just get the puck on the net. They were trying to get too cute early in the series but it seemed like something clicked in the 3rd last night. Hopefully that carries over and Tuukka is Tuukka.

barbogast 06-10-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17467034)
I think the Bruins learned last night to just get the puck on the net. They were trying to get too cute early in the series but it seemed like something clicked in the 3rd last night. Hopefully that carries over and Tuukka is Tuukka.

I thought this was a lesson the Blues desperately could’ve used in the first two periods last night. The Blues tried to be way too cute I thought and Tuuka is Tuuka. I thought there was a lack of chaos in front of him. And then when Binnington gave the soft one early in the third it was lights out.

DMBstandUP1984 06-10-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

And there was still times I found myself screaming shoot it lol.

But yea just hammer away all night if they start getting bogged down in front of Rask all night it’s game over

rickyh24 06-10-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17467037)
I thought this was a lesson the Blues desperately could’ve used in the first two periods last night. The Blues tried to be way too cute I thought and Tuuka is Tuuka. I thought there was a lack of chaos in front of him. And then when Binnington gave the soft one early in the third it was lights out.

That soft goal made me chuckle. That’s the type of shit that makes me want to throw my controller when playing nhl.

barbogast 06-10-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17467041)
That soft goal made me chuckle. That’s the type of shit that makes me want to throw my controller when playing nhl.

It definitely was the wind out of the sails moment. That + the McAvoy play may have saved the Stanley Cup for the Bruins

ToySoldier#34 06-10-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17467001)
Why so sensitive?

You are saying this ..

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 09:23 AM

Binnington is just a more polished Michael Leighton.

Roose13 06-10-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

That's what it's going to come down to. I think both teams are going to keep it simple with this being a Game 7. It's going to come down to which goaltender makes the big saves at the right time.

Lcsulla 06-10-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17466801)
Ugh the worst thing that could’ve happened to this thread was the Bruins making the Finals. It’s just a disaster in here all the time now

Agree completely, it would be like the flyers making the finals - everyone outside their home cities cannot stand the teams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17466832)
Throwing beer cans on the ice is idiotic and dangerous. Blues fans dumb too.

Yup, dangerous to both teams but the average idiot doesn't quite grasp that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17466992)
Rask has the Conn Smythe locked up. He's been fantastic this series.

Maybe, if the bruins win yeah, he gets it but if the blues win I would wager on Tarasenko - that said if rask lays an egg in game 7 and Tarasenko does not get on the score sheet I one could easily make the case that Logan Couture deserves it more than anyone on the bruins or the blues.

Quote:

And it’s just one game. It’s a random sport

Exactly, it is one game - if either goalie slips up their team is screwed. Heck, one game - you could throw the Sens or the Wings out their and maybe they could eeek out a win so I am giving game 7 50/50 odds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17467028)

Agreed.

Lcsulla 06-10-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17467054)
Binnington is just a more polished Michael Leighton.

He has a far bigger attitude than Leithton ever had though, he needs to grow up and stop with the cheapshots and fighting. Who chases down Ben Bishop to try and start a fight? Though I did get a laugh shen he skated out to mid ice solely to slash marchand - guessing 98% of the league was laughing their tails off seeing him do that!

pathetic 06-10-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17467240)
Agree completely, it would be like the flyers making the finals - everyone outside their home cities cannot stand the teams.

i don't think the regular posters in this thread care about the bruins as much as they care that there's new people posting in here. They think they are the only ones that can talk about hockey because they're regulars in an NHL thread. It's really weird. reminds of how mad soccer hardos get during world cup

ToySoldier#34 06-10-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17467287)
i don't think the regular posters in this thread care about the bruins as much as they care that there's new people posting in here. They think they are the only ones that can talk about hockey because they're regulars in an NHL thread. It's really weird. reminds of how mad soccer hardos get during world cup

Die hard hockey fans getting defensive about their thread and looking forward to everything after game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals is kind of great though

DMBstandUP1984 06-10-2019 01:51 PM

This is the first game 7 in Boston since the 1984 finals.

Random stat with all the championships that Boston has been involved in.

drakan 06-10-2019 01:55 PM

I am glad we got a game 7. Shocked though.

jcc522 06-10-2019 03:05 PM

Me asking for a video of stuff thrown on the ice is going off the rails? Wrong.