Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 05-27-2015 09:44 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Timonen is out..sorry Flyers fans.

fonzz41 05-27-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15979588)
Timonen is out..sorry Flyers fans.

Injury or scratch?

TMoore4075 05-27-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15979593)
Injury or scratch?

Looks like a scratch.

Also DeBoer hired in San Jose. Good coach but that team is past it's window for winning I think.

fonzz41 05-27-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15979613)
Looks like a scratch.

If so, it was time. I appreciate the player Kimmo has been, but he's unfortunately been more of a liability than anything else. And you all know how much I love giving d-men the benefit of the doubt, so yeah. It's bad.

Lcsulla 05-27-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15979528)
Also, Lets go Hawks tonight! Get that series to a game 7!

I think after Toews scored those two to tie it the other night (before blowing it in OT) my circa early 1990's Roenick jersey has run out of luck. I just went out and bought an embroidered replica Duncan Keith one for tonight. :lol

M. Steng 05-27-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15979329)
:lol it's not a bad thing at all.

it's just funny because aeroshady has declared the rangers officially finished at least 10 times now these playoffs.

Shoulda clarified, didn't really meant bad like it's a bad thing per se but that Rangers fans are excessively reactionary based on the most recently-played game. Obviously a very passionate fanbase which I consider myself proud to be a part of, but I'd like to think I'm on the level-headed side, or at least not as live-or-die as some of the callers on WFAN. That's all I meant :lol

rconverse 05-27-2015 12:49 PM

Can't wait for tonight!

Lcsulla 05-27-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 15979965)
Can't wait for tonight!

I am well aware absolutely nothing I can do will impact the outcome but I am wearing the same shorts, different jersey because they lost last game, the same flip flops, sitting in the same chair, having the same grape propel, taking a xaxax and yelling at my TV, not shaving, etc, etc - basically doing all the same stuff I have done while they were winning and changing up things I did when they lost. Call it superstition or whatever but I don't care it has worked in the past! :lol

UCFish 05-27-2015 01:27 PM

Doing similar things....I get it.

lockman21 05-27-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15979701)
If so, it was time. I appreciate the player Kimmo has been, but he's unfortunately been more of a liability than anything else. And you all know how much I love giving d-men the benefit of the doubt, so yeah. It's bad.

He started out solid, he's just been such a liability lately.

Problem is, his replacement Rundblad, has been a liability also. He was directly at fault for the first 2 goals in the only game he played.

unccrombie 05-27-2015 02:17 PM

hoping the hawks win tonight.
want the hawks over the ducks if the rangers win.

AJF_41 05-27-2015 06:39 PM

Keith is good. He created those last two goals.

~Crashintome89~ 05-27-2015 06:42 PM

duncan keith, man.

unreal.

daveshookme 05-27-2015 07:45 PM

Anybody know why doc refuses to call it a crease? Always saying "blue paint". Like, I don't think I've heard him say crease yet this post season. Is it like the Super Bowl for some reason where he can't? what the fuck.

UCFish 05-27-2015 07:56 PM

Stressful end....hope Chicago does what LA did to the Ducks last year in game 7.

Lcsulla 05-27-2015 08:12 PM

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it home Saturday Hawks. Amazing night for Keith too, seemed like he was involved in everything tonight!

lockman21 05-27-2015 09:06 PM

God, I love Duncan Keith.

bartender_man 05-27-2015 09:58 PM

Fuck yeah Hawks!!!!

lockman21 05-27-2015 11:36 PM

My Conn Smythe front runner from each team -

Rangers - Hank or Brassard, but I think if push came to shove, it'd have to be Hank. I mean, if they win game 7, that means Hank is 7-1 all time in game 7s, and the stats this guy puts up when the money is on the table are absolutely absurd. Best between the pipes in the world.
Lightning - Tyler Johnson. I mean, seriously, dude has been no question their MVP. Kucherov and Stamkos have been great as well, but Johnson wins this one.
Hawks - Duncan Keith. I know how rare it is for a defensemen to win this trophy, and I think Keith has been all that and then some. Since 1995, only Lindstrom, Niedermayer, and Stevens have won the trophy as defensemen...I think Keith is the front runner to join those ranks if the Hawks pull this off.
Ducks - No one. Fuck them.

Overall - Duncan Keith. Dude has been absolutely unreal. The best stretch of hockey of his career, and considering this guy has two Norris Trophies, that's kinda saying something.

BotheLaneFan 05-28-2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15980668)

Rangers - Hank or Brassard, but I think if push came to shove, it'd have to be Hank. I mean, if they win game 7, that means Hank is 7-1 all time in game 7s, and the stats this guy puts up when the money is on the table are absolutely absurd. Best between the pipes in the world.
Lightning - Tyler Johnson. I mean, seriously, dude has been no question their MVP. Kucherov and Stamkos have been great as well, but Johnson wins this one.
Hawks - Duncan Keith. I know how rare it is for a defensemen to win this trophy, and I think Keith has been all that and then some. Since 1995, only Lindstrom, Niedermayer, and Stevens have won the trophy as defensemen...I think Keith is the front runner to join those ranks if the Hawks pull this off.

Overall - Duncan Keith. Dude has been absolutely unreal. The best stretch of hockey of his career, and considering this guy has two Norris Trophies, that's kinda saying something.

Which means Patrick Kane will win it because of course he will.

TMoore4075 05-28-2015 04:20 AM

Quote:

Tough one for the Rangers. Could go with either of them.

TBL, no question. Without Johnson, Lightning lose in 5 to the Wings, if not get swept.

Hawks, would like to see a guy like Keith get it. Stevens and Lidstrom ones surprised me back in the day, so maybe we see it. Lidstrom I think got it cause there were so many choices with Hasek, Hull and Yzerman too. Not that he didn't deserve it but.. It's always easy for people to vote for the goalie or the leading scorer, takes balls to do vote for a d-man.

in all seriousness with the Ducks, I don't know who you go with. Probably Perry but Getzlaf has been good and so has Silfverberg and Andersen has proven a lot of people wrong.

I'd like Bruce to win it and say "See? It wasn't me. It was the freaking Caps team."

bonzo48280 05-28-2015 04:41 AM

Hawks-Rags was my pick at the beginning of the year and I'm sticking with it! Plus, I'll be in New York next Wednesday-Saturday so I'd be going to a road Finals game! let's go!

aeroshady 05-28-2015 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15980699)
Hawks-Rags was my pick at the beginning of the year and I'm sticking with it! Plus, I'll be in New York next Wednesday-Saturday so I'd be going to a road Finals game! let's go!

Dude...I had no idea you were rich! Wish I had $1,000 to drop on a finals game! No doubt if the Rangers win game 7 those tickets will be out of control. Especially with games 1 and 2 being in NY. Last year ticket prices were down slightly because we came home down 0-2 in the series. They were still like $700 a pop though.

Either way, first things first. Tampa can still easily win this series (as can the Ducks). Radio consensus here is split. Half the radio personalities think the Rangers can't lose now, and the other half feel that the Rangers are over due for a game 7 let down at home.

I don't know what I think. I could see it going either way. I hate the two days off because I feel like it gives Tampa enough time to regroup. Will be completely heart broken if NY comes up short, but as long as they leave it all on the ice I can't ask for much more at this point.

Today will be a long day thinking about tomorrow night.

salrx95 05-28-2015 06:05 AM

My cousin, who has a partial Rangers plan, I think, has had several playoff seats this year. He is not really a hockey fan (is actually an Islanders fan) and has them for family, clients, or even to flip them, it seems.

He had a pair of tickets for Game 7, 7 rows from the ice and sold them last night for...................$3,750. Unreal.

space_raven 05-28-2015 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15980761)
...................$3,750. Unreal.

Seems reasonable :rolleyes

unccrombie 05-28-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15980761)
My cousin, who has a partial Rangers plan, I think, has had several playoff seats this year. He is not really a hockey fan (is actually an Islanders fan) and has them for family, clients, or even to flip them, it seems.

He had a pair of tickets for Game 7, 7 rows from the ice and sold them last night for...................$3,750. Unreal.

could be the last game there for the year, makes sense

:rolleyes

Rebecca De Mornay 05-28-2015 07:50 AM

looks like the sabres are going with Bylsma

some interesting facts on bylsma vs. babcock

Pts per game
Babcock (DET) - 1.29
Bylsma - 1.33

Postseason win%
Babcock - .547
Bylsma - .551

1st rd exits
Babcock - 4
Bylsma 2

and they've each won a cup

unccrombie 05-28-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15980975)
looks like the sabres are going with Bylsma

some interesting facts on bylsma vs. babcock

Pts per game
Babcock (DET) - 1.29
Bylsma - 1.33

Postseason win%
Babcock - .547
Bylsma - .551

1st rd exits
Babcock - 4
Bylsma 2

and they've each won a cup

nice break down
always appreciate your dilligence.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-28-2015 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15980979)
nice break down
always appreciate your dilligence.

:lol stole it from tweeter

TMoore4075 05-28-2015 08:17 AM

Tough comparison cause Babcock was there 10 years compared to Bylsma's 5.5. I think Bylsma will do better in Buffalo than Babcock will in TO. We can talk about how badly they tanked but that's over and they have 0 cap issues, a butt load of talent, potential talent and draft picks. I'd rather just start building something than wait for it to be blown up and then build it.

unccrombie 05-28-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15980983)
:lol stole it from tweeter

:lol :lol

fonzz41 05-28-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15981022)
Tough comparison cause Babcock was there 10 years compared to Bylsma's 5.5. I think Bylsma will do better in Buffalo than Babcock will in TO. We can talk about how badly they tanked but that's over and they have 0 cap issues, a butt load of talent, potential talent and draft picks. I'd rather just start building something than wait for it to be blown up and then build it.

Agreed on Babs, and I think that's the big difference, that he's been coaching twice as long.

Also agree that Bylsma's really not coming into all that bad of a situation. There are a lot of really solid pieces on Buffalo's roster. A pretty good mix of veteran and young talent. With the right direction, they will do well.

Lcsulla 05-28-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Agree on a lot of that:

For me Keith would be a no brainer for the Hawks, dude has been upping his game every night. Last night he put on a clinic for any defenseman to watch. 3 assists, saved a certain goal when that puck was literally an inch away from crossing the line and he swiped it away and that one play where he held on to the puck for a while, made 3 or 4 bluff passes then whipped one through all the players to Hossa who was wide open on the opposite side to smash it past Anderson.

Rangers - yup, Hank or Brassard have carried them.

Bolts - definitely Johnson is the frontrunner but if Kucherov has a big game in 7 he may get the nod.

Ducks - think you'd have to go with Perry or Kessler.

Lcsulla 05-28-2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 15980551)
Anybody know why doc refuses to call it a crease? Always saying "blue paint". Like, I don't think I've heard him say crease yet this post season. Is it like the Super Bowl for some reason where he can't? what the fuck.

Speaking of the crease; not that it matters now but the ducks second goal should have been called back because of interference. That was clear from every angle of replay, while the shot was in the air that duck clipped Crawford.

fonzz41 05-28-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Nice! Here's mine, but I'll also add an "underdog" selection, just 'cuz I love those guys that get their job done without getting a ton of credit.

Hawks - Yeah, Keith easily.
Underdog: Seabrook. He'd be the MVP on any other team, but playing with Keith somehow makes him the underdog on the Hawks. Kruger's also had a good series.

Rangers - Brassard for overall consistency.
Underdog: Carl Hagelin. Tends to disappear from the scoresheet for stretches, but I like his 3-zone game and hustle.

Lightning - Johnson
Underdog - Brian Effing Boyle. I love everything about his game. One of my top 10 favorite NHL-ers. If I were to buy a Lightning sweater, I would get his.

Ducks - Perry
Underdog - Clayton Stoner. He was a decent 5-6 guy in Minny, but has grown leaps and bounds this year. IMO, the steadiest of the Ducks defensemen.

kev87lads 05-28-2015 10:33 AM

I'll play. And I'll play with Matty's underdog selections addition.

Ducks: I'd go with Perry. He's been a force pretty much from the jump.
Underdog: Cam Fowler -Pretty much what Matty said about Stoner, could be said about Fowler.

Hawks: Keith. Duh.
Underdog: If he could be called that: Kane. Dude's the best. He doesn't hustle 100% of the time. But makes up for it with everything he does both on offense with his skating ability and his little board plays on offense and defense to spring someone or himself.

Lightning: Tyler Johnson. Little dude's been awesome.
Underdog: Boyle. Agree with Matty here. Boyle's not on the scoresheet a ton, but he's done everything right for his team and for his role. He's been maybe the best PK in all of the playoffs for any team. Sans goalies and Keith...

Rangers: Lundqvist. Yeah, he wasn't great a few games in this series but you can't argue against how much he means in getting the team to this point. Inclduing his bending but not breaking to come back, down 3-1 last series.
Underdog: Stepan. Love his game and what he brings.

kev87lads 05-28-2015 10:36 AM

Some fun trivia: After going to the Wiki page for Conn Smythe Trophy. 8 past winners are still active in the NHL. Can you name them? NO CHEATING! Give your best guesses a try on the fly!

Rebecca De Mornay 05-28-2015 10:44 AM

crosby, toews, tim thomas, kopitar

that's all i have off the top of my head

Lcsulla 05-28-2015 10:49 AM

I really hope Quenville keeps the Toews/Kane/Saad line together for game seven. They looked unstoppable last night especially when Keith and/orSeabrook was on the ice backing them up and creating chances.

kev87lads 05-28-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15981335)
crosby, toews, tim thomas, kopitar

that's all i have off the top of my head

Only Toews of those guesses is correct.

Edit: Thomas won but not active. Other two didn't win.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-28-2015 10:53 AM

:lol shit.

jonathan quick?
Malkin? either he or crosby had to have won
who won for the kings last year?

edit: oh, zetterberg is another one.

Lcsulla 05-28-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15981346)
Only Toews of those guesses is correct.

Edit: Thomas won but not active. Other two didn't win.

If memory serves Kane got one too.

Lcsulla 05-28-2015 10:55 AM

Yeah, I think Quick got one too

kev87lads 05-28-2015 10:56 AM

Kane, Malkin, Quick and Zetterberg are all correct.

So that's 5.

fonzz41 05-28-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15981320)
Some fun trivia: After going to the Wiki page for Conn Smythe Trophy. 8 past winners are still active in the NHL. Can you name them? NO CHEATING! Give your best guesses a try on the fly!

Oh man... I'm positive I can get the teams right, but MVPs will not be my strong suit. I'll go back 10 seasons:

LA - Kopitar
CHI - Toews
LA - Quick
BOS - Thomas
CHI - Niemi
PIT - Crosby
DET - Osgood
ANA - Pronger
CAR - Ward
TB - Richards

kev87lads 05-28-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15981364)
Oh man... I'm positive I can get the teams right, but MVPs will not be my strong suit. I'll go back 10 seasons:

LA - Kopitar
CHI - Toews
LA - Quick
BOS - Thomas
CHI - Niemi
PIT - Crosby
DET - Osgood
ANA - Pronger
CAR - Ward
TB - Richards

Welp. Let's see here. Active as in active players. So no on Pronger and Osgood and Thomas. Niemi didn't win. Nor Kopitar.

Richards and Ward are right.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-28-2015 10:58 AM

:lol i thought Kopitar won the last one too matty.

he should have, at least.

fonzz41 05-28-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15981366)
Welp. Let's see here. Active as in active players. So no on Pronger and Osgood and Thomas. Niemi didn't win. Nor Kopitar.

Richards and Ward are right.

Yeah, I was just trying to go back and name them all.

kev87lads 05-28-2015 10:59 AM

:lol at still not getting last year's. The only one we're missing here.

fonzz41 05-28-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15981367)
:lol i thought Kopitar won the last one too matty.

he should have, at least.

Right? Totally should have!

EDIT: Of course, I was handing out MVPs, we all know what position they'd play.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-28-2015 11:00 AM

oh!

it was that guy who scored all the OT winners. what was his name??!!

barbogast 05-28-2015 11:04 AM

Justin Williams won last year. Tim Thomas definitely won in 2011

kev87lads 05-28-2015 11:05 AM

Yay. Justin Williams ftw. Thus ends the game.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-28-2015 11:07 AM

oh yeah, justin williams.

great game.

Lcsulla 05-28-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 15979899)
I think after Toews scored those two to tie it the other night (before blowing it in OT) my circa early 1990's Roenick jersey has run out of luck. I just went out and bought an embroidered replica Duncan Keith one for tonight. :lol

Who says superstitions and luck don't factor into watching sports. I am taking some credits for that game last night! :lol

Brohan_Santana 05-28-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

What is Tim Thomas active in? :lol:lol:lol

Rebecca De Mornay 05-28-2015 12:24 PM

he just said 8 past winners are active. not THE pas 8 winners.

i read it the wrong way at first too which is why i guessed tim thomas.

dmbetc 05-28-2015 12:24 PM

How could you guys forget Mr. Game 7, Justin Williams?!

kev87lads 05-28-2015 12:29 PM

Sorry for failing at asking the question. I didn't read it that way.

dmbetc 05-28-2015 12:48 PM

What the hell? The Rangers game isn't until tomorrow?

unccrombie 05-28-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15981591)

yeah, Friday ratings

and Billy Joel

aeroshady 05-28-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15981591)

I am happy because I would have missed game 7 if it was tonight. Tomorrow night I will be glued to the TV!

DMBZeppelin 05-28-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 15981401)
Who says superstitions and luck don't factor into watching sports. I am taking some credits for that game last night! :lol

Keith was pretty amazing that game too, so good choice.

Absolute34 05-28-2015 02:28 PM

NHL is praying for Rangers/Hawks. Would possibly be the highest rated Stanley Cup ever. However, dreams never come true so likely matchup is Cali vs Florida lmao

JRS1386 05-28-2015 03:37 PM

How could people forget Justin Williams, he's the reason the Flyers aren't 7-time defending champs because they got rid of him

Roose13 05-28-2015 03:44 PM

:lol:lol

Lcsulla 05-28-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 15981692)
Keith was pretty amazing that game too, so good choice.

Yeah, it was an easy choice too. I love Keith's style of play and he is just plain smart. I got lucky too, only paid $29.99 for a brand new with tags official handstiched reabok ones complete with the A and all that jazz(it had a couple drips of coffee or something on the back number that I can get out with a quick spray, bleach pen of just a good wash - funny thing is if you are not holding it you'd never even notice the 3 drips because they are so tiny!) Heck it is such a great jersey it even has the clips and snaps to grasp it to the padding - basically it is almost the exact same one he wears.

Brohan_Santana 05-28-2015 06:08 PM

Without doing research, I believe this is the first season Ovechkin hasn't scored a hat trick

JRS1386 05-28-2015 07:34 PM

Including or excluding Gordie Howe Hat Tricks?

aeroshady 05-28-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15981918)
Without doing research, I'm just going to make up stats that may or may not be true and name drop Ovechkin just because.

That is how I read your post :lol

Either way, he had a great season. Should be proud of it. Will be great agin next year I suspect.

Brohan_Santana 05-28-2015 08:05 PM

I was thinking about it with like 2 weeks left in the season and thought it was odd. And then just thinking back to past seasons I'm pretty sure he's had at least one.

Ovechkin only had 2 ENG this year. Only one or two were on tip in's. Over half were one timers.

Overall he had a great fucking season. How it ended was rough.

Should be interesting to see how the vote gets split for the Hart between him and Price

Absolute34 05-28-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15982053)
I was thinking about it with like 2 weeks left in the season and thought it was odd. And then just thinking back to past seasons I'm pretty sure he's had at least one.

Ovechkin only had 2 ENG this year. Only one or two were on tip in's. Over half were one timers.

Overall he had a great fucking season. How it ended was rough.

Should be interesting to see how the vote gets split for the Hart between him and Price

Normal. Predictable. Common.

TMoore4075 05-29-2015 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolute34 (Post 15981711)
NHL is praying for Rangers/Hawks. Would possibly be the highest rated Stanley Cup ever. However, dreams never come true so likely matchup is Cali vs Florida lmao

In terms of ratings, yeah they want that but in terms of hockey, I think all possible 4 possible match-ups could be fun. I've said it before, the NHL is in this weird position when it comes to teams like Tampa. They want them to succeed and go deep in the playoffs for their markets cause it gains you fans. But when they do, no one watches on tv.

~Crashintome89~ 05-29-2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Quick, Toews, Kane, Malkin, Zetterberg, Jagr, Cam Ward, St. Louis.

~Crashintome89~ 05-29-2015 05:46 AM

whoops, forgot Williams and St. Louis.

Surprised that Jagr didn't win one.

TMoore4075 05-29-2015 06:09 AM

St Louis didn't either.

~Crashintome89~ 05-29-2015 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15982308)
St Louis didn't either.

I know, I was merely commenting I messed up on the Jagr and St. Louis picks.

TMoore4075 05-29-2015 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15982316)
I know, I was merely commenting I messed up on the Jagr and St. Louis picks.

Gotcha. Jagr should get an award, for winning a Stanley Cup before some of these other guys were born.

hailtopitt 05-29-2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15982319)
Gotcha. Jagr should get an award, for winning a Stanley Cup before some of these other guys were born.

Jagr is unbelievable

Roose13 05-29-2015 06:39 AM

Jagr also won a Cup before two of the remaining franchises were even in the league.

barbogast 05-29-2015 07:36 AM

Jagr has been in the league longer than the team he is currently playing for

Roose13 05-29-2015 07:41 AM

Jaromir Jagr so old his social security number is 0

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HxJpvBOFPMA/hqdefault.jpg

fonzz41 05-29-2015 07:54 AM

Jagr is older than the combined age of his FLA linemates, Gaudreau and Barkov.

salrx95 05-29-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15982505)
Jagr is older than the combined age of his FLA linemates, Gaudreau and Barkov.

Johnny got traded from Calgary? :lol

Huburdeau maybe.

TMoore4075 05-29-2015 08:00 AM

Jagr is older than Sal even probably. Think about that?

I have no way of knowing that, but I liked it.

salrx95 05-29-2015 08:02 AM

I give the Lightning a 25% chance tonight only because they have some ex-Rangers who won't be scared tonight and the road team has been better this series.

The Rag$ have the x-factor and he is in nets and his numbers are ridiculous in game 7's, especially at home. He will likely be the difference but he has to come up small at some point in this situation. Tonight would be nice.

salrx95 05-29-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15982518)

:lol:lol He is actually. Wiseass. Less than a year, though. :cool

unccrombie 05-29-2015 08:05 AM

the nerves for tonight are starting to kick in

~Crashintome89~ 05-29-2015 08:07 AM

Jagr is older than when man created the wheel.

fonzz41 05-29-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15982515)
Johnny got traded from Calgary? :lol

Huburdeau maybe.

All those dreaus are just the same. (Thanks for the catch)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15982518)

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15982531)
:lol:lol He is actually. Wiseass. Less than a year, though. :cool

:lol

Good lord Sal, less than a year? How are you not retired and in a home by now?!

hailtopitt 05-29-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15982533)
the nerves for tonight are starting to kick in

imagine how the players feel!

rconverse 05-29-2015 08:58 AM

Forgot there was another game 7 going on.

salrx95 05-29-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15982584)
:lol

Good lord Sal, less than a year? How are you not retired and in a home by now?!

How do you know I'm not?

TMoore4075 05-29-2015 09:29 AM

I will stay awake for this game. I will stay awake for this game.

unccrombie 05-29-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15982706)
I will stay awake for this game. I will stay awake for this game.

can't stay up past 10pm on a friday?
yikes Timmy.

TMoore4075 05-29-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15982710)
can't stay up past 10pm on a friday?
yikes Timmy.

I wake up between 5-5:30 (although alarm is for 5:45) for work right now so I'm whooped at the end of the day. Plus the kid likes to wake up early on the weekend. Have to wake his ass up during the week but Saturday without fail he'll be up at 6 or sometimes earlier. God I'm old.

unccrombie 05-29-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15982739)
I wake up between 5-5:30 (although alarm is for 5:45) for work right now so I'm whooped at the end of the day. Plus the kid likes to wake up early on the weekend. Have to wake his ass up during the week but Saturday without fail he'll be up at 6 or sometimes earlier. God I'm old.

that's about my schedule too, minus kids. though i'm also 28.

kev87lads 05-29-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15982739)

Side parent question: About when did the Griff start "sleeping in" on the weekdays? My dude still insists on waking up at like 6:15 every morning.

To add to the hockey conversation: I will no doubt be able to stay up and watch all of both game 7s. (He says now.)

Jagr sent back his AARP magazine claiming he wasn't THAT old yet and that it was addressed to a salrx95. Had no idea what it meant when I first saw the story. I got it now.

TMoore4075 05-29-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15982765)
that's about my schedule too, minus kids. though i'm also 28.

You're only a few years younger but the kid thing is more of it. I'd force myself to stay awake if I wasn't going to be up at 6 again on Saturday. I am going out after work and have time to kill between when I'm done and that so maybe grab a latte to keep me going.

TMoore4075 05-29-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15982772)
Side parent question: About when did the Griff start "sleeping in" on the weekdays? My dude still insists on waking up at like 6:15 every morning.

To add to the hockey conversation: I will no doubt be able to stay up and watch all of both game 7s. (He says now.)

Jagr sent back his AARP magazine claiming he wasn't THAT old yet and that it was addressed to a salrx95. Had no idea what it meant when I first saw the story. I got it now.

Sleep in? Sleep in is relative. Usually it's 6:30-7:00 if I were to leave him I think. We have to be out of the house by 7:00 so don't get much of a chance to leave him. A lot of months 3-12 of his life he was up around 5:30 so when it got past 6:00, it was great. Have to say, although it's all psychological, waking up that early this time of year is much easier than in November-April