Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 01:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15947216)
Can we give out the Ted Lindsay Award for Best Players Rep to: fonzz41

Totally deserves it. Putting us all on his back and giving out player awards.

From Wiki: The first NHLPA was formed in 1957 by hockey players Ted Lindsay of the Detroit Red Wings and Doug Harvey of the Montreal Canadiens after the league had refused to release pension plan financial information. The owners broke the union by trading players involved with the organization or sending them to the minor leagues. After an out-of-court settlement over several players' issues, the players disbanded the organization.

Seconded

fonzz41 05-12-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Totally deserves it. Putting us all on his back and giving out player awards. Matty is terrific

From Wiki: The first NHLPA was formed in 1957 by hockey players Ted Lindsay of the Detroit Red Wings and Doug Harvey of the Montreal Canadiens after the league had refused to release pension plan financial information. The owners broke the union by trading players involved with the organization or sending them to the minor leagues. After an out-of-court settlement over several players' issues, the players disbanded the organization.

Hey thanks, but I'm just here for the free drinks

(Awww, thanks buddy)

fonzz41 05-12-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947206)
Hart trophy!! Thanks, bro

Also happy to see Bobalew get the Calder

This has to be the most well-represented the Caps have been at an Awards ceremony in, like, forever right?

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947173)
All right, our 2015 NHL THEED awards!

Vezina: dembetc. We all get a little crazy in here, but Sarah's always back there to anchor us.

Adams: TMoore. This guy leads the post count by over 1,000 posts in here. Holy crap!!! But more importantly, always around to set us straight.

Selke: hailtopitt. Consistently attacking while still being called upon to defend. ;)

Richard: ~Crashintome89~. No one has scored more one-timed zingers in this thread this season than Matt.

Byng: For the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, the ever pleasant Kev87Lads. Remember, the Byng is technically awarded to the nice guy who is also a GREAT player.

Norris: Rebecca De Mornay, for his consistent defense of his team, no matter what.

Calder: SirBobalew. He's only been around a short time, but IMO time enough to earn an award. Great having you on board.

Conn Smythe: bonzo48280, UCFish for their increased performance during the playoffs.

Hart: Barbogast. Hard to deny the impact he's had on the thread this year. MVP status for sure.

And don't worry, there's more!

Buccigross Award for top hockey writer: Roose13

Lappy Award for best trash-talker (formerly the Avery award): JRS1386 (SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, FOLKS)

Keenan Award for being a great hockey mind with the ability to lose it once in a while: aeroshady

Chelios Award for being the oldest (and probably most accomplished) poster in the thread: Salrx95

Shane Doan award for bullish devotion to team: HallowBillies and Pathetic

Don Koharski award for most disagreed with poster: Bron

Ilya Bryzgalov award for poster with most :lol after a quoted post: Brohan Santana

Charlie Conway award for most willing to learn more about hockey: thechad9000

Rick Nash award for most non-existent during the playoffs: Swordo84

Sorry to anyone I've missed... we'll get you!

:lol:lol very well done

Quote:

Totally deserves it. Putting us all on his back and giving out player awards. Matty is terrific

I'd like to be the second person to second this

barbogast 05-12-2015 01:55 PM

Matty deserves all the awards

barbogast 05-12-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947236)
This has to be the most well-represented the Caps have been at an Awards ceremony in, like, forever right?

Oh the Caps bring the heat at the regular season awards sometimes

GoingToCA91 05-12-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946853)

I don't necessarily think Hitch is the problem in St Louis, but inevitably teams shake things up and usually the coach is the first to go.

I agree with Tim, I think Babcock could take them where they wanna go. Still, they're in the Central, and as you surely know, life in the Central is incredibly difficult.

That's been the general opinion of Blues fans, too. Like I said, I was expecting them to fire Hitch this offseason. I honestly expected it by this point.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947211)
I'd like to thank Braden Holtby for being a badass, Nick Backstrom because nobody ever thanks Nick Backstrom, and space_raven for making it so easy

So, so much that. Love the guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947243)
Oh the Caps bring the heat at the regular season awards sometimes

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947236)

Ovi is the king of the regular season award. Calder, 3 Harts, 3 Lindsays, a Ross, 5 Rockets. But yeah, having *more* than one Cap win anything?!? That'd be news.

barbogast 05-12-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15947258)
Ovi is the king of the regular season award. Calder, 3 Harts, 3 Lindsays, a Ross, 5 Rockets. But yeah, having *more* than one Cap win anything?!? That'd be news.

Looks like we broke new ground then! Well done my man!

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:05 PM

I'd like to thank Braden Holtby for being a brick wall, for all of his Holtbyisms, and for growing a glorious beard that mere mortals such as myself can only dream about.

And I'd like to thank Ovi for my new favorite quote: "I love to celebration. I love to goals."

barbogast 05-12-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15947271)
I'd like to thank Braden Holtby for being a brick wall, for all of his Holtbyisms, and for growing a glorious beard that mere mortals such as myself can only dream about.

And I'd like to thank Ovi for my new favorite quote: "I love to celebration. I love to goals."

I'd like to thank Kuznetsov for mine: "thank you for make building loud"

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:26 PM

All I know is Ovi'd better goals tomorrow.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 02:43 PM

If I could just win the Foote award for best cross-checker, I'd be pleased.

JRS1386 05-12-2015 03:31 PM

I'd like to thank most of you for liking shitty teams and making it easy for me to win the Lappy Award

dmbetc 05-12-2015 03:41 PM

Had I known I was getting an award today I would've dressed nicer. It's not always easy to play with all boys but I wouldn't want to do it with any other group.

http://imgur.com/wqv4e2T

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 03:44 PM

I get the Richard? Are you guys really thinking on Jonathan fuckjng Cheechoo?

fonzz41 05-12-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15947441)
Had I known I was getting an award today I would've dressed nicer. It's not always easy to play with all boys but I wouldn't want to do it with any other group.

http://imgur.com/wqv4e2T

I said, "aww" when I read the first part of your post. Then I looked at the picture and started bawling. Like, so bad I started dry heaving.

So.

Beautiful.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15947448)
I get the Richard? Are you guys really thinking on Jonathan fuckjng Cheechoo?

Drinking already? Good lord, man, it's like 5:00 on a Tuesday!

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947452)

:lol :lol :lol

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947452)

the funny thing is I'm actually doing that right now.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15947455)
the funny thing is I'm actually doing that right now.

That's my boy.

lockman21 05-12-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Vezina: dembetc. We all get a little crazy in here, but Sarah's always back there to anchor us.

Adams: TMoore. This guy leads the post count by over 1,000 posts in here. Holy crap!!! But more importantly, always around to set us straight.

Selke: hailtopitt. Consistently attacking while still being called upon to defend. ;)

Richard: ~Crashintome89~. No one has scored more one-timed zingers in this thread this season than Matt.

Byng: For the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, the ever pleasant Kev87Lads. Remember, the Byng is technically awarded to the nice guy who is also a GREAT player.

Norris: Rebecca De Mornay, for his consistent defense of his team, no matter what.

Calder: SirBobalew. He's only been around a short time, but IMO time enough to earn an award. Great having you on board.

Conn Smythe: bonzo48280, UCFish for their increased performance during the playoffs.

Hart: Barbogast. Hard to deny the impact he's had on the thread this year. MVP status for sure.

Lappy Award for best trash-talker (formerly the Avery award): JRS1386 (SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, FOLKS)

Keenan Award for being a great hockey mind with the ability to lose it once in a while: aeroshady

Chelios Award for being the oldest (and probably most accomplished) poster in the thread: Salrx95

Ilya Bryzgalov award for poster with most :lol after a quoted post: Brohan Santana

Does this mean I'm the 2014-15 Keith Yandle Award winner?

lockman21 05-12-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947185)
And Lockman wins the Yandle!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947193)
I was wondering who would be the first to notice. :lol :lol :lol

Congrats, Chris.

Keith Yandle award for biggest snub: Lockman21

(But also cuz Yandle's a dandy of a player and Chris has an eternal hard-on for him)

:lol:lol God damnit.

thechad90000 05-12-2015 04:52 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15947518)
:lol:lol God damnit.

It's like one of the highest honors you can receive in this thread. :lol

And I couldn't really announce it with the others cuz it would kind of defeat the purpose.

salrx95 05-12-2015 05:42 PM

Wow. Lucky me.

https://thealerunner.files.wordpress...ajor-award.gif

Not sure if I can make it in to accept it. I don't think the senior living bus leaves the old age home that day.

However accomplished I am, I appreciate the thought and love being part of the thread. Thanks to Matty for your work on the awards. As always, you are spot on and amongst the best of what's around.

lockman21 05-12-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15947600)
Wow. Lucky me.

Not sure if I can make it in to accept it. I don't think the senior living bus leaves the old age home that day.

However accomplished I am, I appreciate the thought and love being part of the thread. Thanks to Matty for your work on the awards. As always, you are spot on and amongst the best of what's around.

Shut it, grandpa.

salrx95 05-12-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15947619)
Shut it, grandpa.

Better watch it or I will hit you with my cane.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15947648)
Better watch it or I will hit you with my cane.

The cane that cost him about 10k - pocket change for a guy as professionally accomplished as himself.

But seriously, all meant as a compliment my friend. :thumbsup

thechad90000 05-12-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947663)
The cane that cost him about 10k - pocket change for a guy as professionally accomplished as himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQrXUpvkuc

jackisback24 05-12-2015 05:59 PM

TB on a roll. Price is wrong tonight.

salrx95 05-12-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947663)

Since I'm accomplished, I can afford it. No problem. :thumbsup

I'm fully aware it is all meant as compliment. Thanks. I know you how much I like you, especially because you get a chubby when you watch Tavares play.

mthawk07 05-12-2015 07:53 PM

Glad to see the Bolts move on, since my #1 team will be gone in 24 hours.

lockman21 05-12-2015 09:01 PM

So glad the Habs are eliminated.

bartender_man 05-12-2015 09:03 PM

Hope Tampa lose next round....

lockman21 05-12-2015 09:06 PM

That all depends on who wins tomorrow.

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15947600)
Wow. Lucky me.

fragile, must be Italian!

lockman21 05-12-2015 11:05 PM

Edit: Nevermind.

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 11:05 PM

definitely not space raven.

TMoore4075 05-13-2015 04:06 AM

Take Price away from the Habs and they aren't even a playoff team. There just isn't enough there (imo) to win it all.

salrx95 05-13-2015 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15948114)
Take Price away from the Habs and they aren't even a playoff team. There just isn't enough there (imo) to win it all.

Definite truth in that.

Get it done tonight Caps.

TMoore4075 05-13-2015 05:44 AM

Anyone see this?

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015...nt-burns-troll

Thought that was pretty good.

aeroshady 05-13-2015 06:10 AM

Quote:

I want to thank all of my fans, and God, and my parents and if the Rangers don't win tonight they should trade Hank and start over....same old problems....I mean...LETS GO RANGERS!!

Seriously though, very accurate award haha

aeroshady 05-13-2015 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15948117)
Definite truth in that.

Get it done tonight Caps.

:violent

Although we had a similar exchange before game six and that seemed to work out nicely for New York's team!

SirBobalew 05-13-2015 06:33 AM

With all of the horrible stats out there about how good the Caps are at blowing series, let's not lose sight of the positive. Barry Trotz is 1-0 career in game 7.

kev87lads 05-13-2015 06:36 AM

Looking forward to the game tonight. Hoping for OT as I always do for game 7s not involving my team.

space_raven 05-13-2015 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15948058)
definitely not space raven.

Definitely not space raven, what?

SirBobalew 05-13-2015 06:59 AM

Russian Machine got a list of Capitals nicknames from Eric Fehr.

Wilson: Whip
Latta: Steam
Orlov: Snarls
Green: Murph
Carlson: Jumbo
Laich: Brooks
Orpik: B&O Railways (or just Brooks)
Fehr: Frank (or F-16)
Burakovsky: Burracuda
Chimera: Ice Cheetah
Johansson: Jojo
Beagle: Beags

socopithy 05-13-2015 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15947690)
Since I'm accomplished, I can afford it. No problem. :thumbsup

I'm fully aware it is all meant as compliment. Thanks. I know you how much I like you, especially because you get a chubby when you watch Tavares play.

Who doesn't though? Really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15948351)
Definitely not space raven, what?

It's just not, okay?

space_raven 05-13-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15948624)
Who doesn't though? Really.

It's just not, okay?

;)

Yeah....... but not what........? That's the question.

kev87lads 05-13-2015 08:33 AM

It's just not. It really isn't.

socopithy 05-13-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15948659)

So true.

space_raven 05-13-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15948659)

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15948674)
So true.

The best. Thanks.

aeroshady 05-13-2015 09:12 AM

Just realized that no matter we will have seen every possible outcome in the second round. 4-0, 4-1, 4-2, and tonight 4-3.

aeroshady 05-13-2015 10:08 AM

Man this thread is slow on a day with a game 7!

kev87lads 05-13-2015 10:14 AM

Eh. I think everything has been said. 6 games worth and seasons worth between/with these teams. Just waiting game now.....

barbogast 05-13-2015 10:58 AM

Checking in for the day. Off work and home now, nothing to do but wait. Gonna be a long 5 and a half hours. Luckily I've got this baby to keep me company so I don't have to stew in solitude.

mthawk07 05-13-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15949066)
Checking in for the day. Off work and home now, nothing to do but wait. Gonna be a long 5 and a half hours. Luckily I've got this baby to keep me company so I don't have to stew in solitude.

I'm having dinner with some out of town family at 5:30, hopefully the kitchen is running slow and my relatives are chatty. Just looking for an excuse to not watch. :lol

SirBobalew 05-13-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15948963)
Man this thread is slow on a day with a game 7!

I'm trying to actually do work (what a novel concept) to distract me from thinking about the game until it's actually game time. So far, my productivity has not been what I'd hoped.

barbogast 05-13-2015 12:17 PM

Good things coming for the Caps tonight. I believe in Trotz and Holtby and the D and even Ovie this year. It's time to get over the hump.

aeroshady 05-13-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15949274)
Good things coming for the Caps tonight. I believe in Trotz and Holtby and the D and even Ovie this year. It's time to get over the hump.

This post will be revisited one way or another in about 6 hours....

barbogast 05-13-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15949291)
This post will be revisited one way or another in about 6 hours....

That's fine. I stand by it. Gonna try to be positive until I have a reason not to. Besides, I've got a tiny little good luck charm on my side. The Caps might have a terrible game 7 record, but my 12 week old is 1-0 :)

aeroshady 05-13-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15949333)
That's fine. I stand by it. Gonna try to be positive until I have a reason not to. Besides, I've got a tiny little good luck charm on my side. The Caps might have a terrible game 7 record, but my 12 week old is 1-0 :)

Dude, not even fair. You can't play the new born child card!

jackisback24 05-13-2015 01:19 PM

got no dog in the race but I am pulling for Domick Moore. Go Rangers.

aeroshady 05-13-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackisback24 (Post 15949454)
got no dog in the race but I am pulling for Domick Moore. Go Rangers.

:thumbsup

Class man and player.

barbogast 05-13-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15949427)
Dude, not even fair. You can't play the new born child card!

I can and I will! My daughter doesn't know how to lose

kev87lads 05-13-2015 01:32 PM

^ She'll get there. :lol Sounds so harsh. Not meant to be. Just history of losing for all of our teams we follow.....

Climb2safety 05-13-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15949274)

I love the optimism Barbs!

barbogast 05-13-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15949516)
^ She'll get there. :lol Sounds so harsh. Not meant to be. Just history of losing for all of our teams we follow.....

Not tonight she won't. 2-1 Caps. Jay Beagle with the GWG.

aeroshady 05-13-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15949568)
Not tonight she won't. 2-1 Caps. Jay Beagle with the GWG.

Barbs and Ovi both with the guarantee. Just like the rest of the Rangers...I will let the game do my talking. LETS GO RANGERS!!!

barbogast 05-13-2015 02:27 PM

:lol I figure what do I have to lose. I'll get a little cocky while I still can

space_raven 05-13-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15949676)
Barbs and Ovi both with the guarantee. Just like the rest of the Rangers...I will let the game do my talking. LETS GO RANGERS!!!

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup one more time.

aeroshady 05-13-2015 03:40 PM

On my way to the pub! Good luck everyone rooting for either team! Lets Go Rangers!!

JRS1386 05-13-2015 03:45 PM

Let's go Crapitals!

lockman21 05-13-2015 03:47 PM

Game 7s are the fucking best.

Unless the Hawks are in them. Then it's fucking miserable and makes my heart feel like it's going to explode for 3 hours.

thechad90000 05-13-2015 04:35 PM

Go Caps! Because of Trotz, Ovi, and Joel Ward scored the first goal that I ever saw live with the Preds. Natural choice since my Preds are out. Love Game 7's

mthawk07 05-13-2015 05:09 PM

Ovie with the late night filings!!!!

Climb2safety 05-13-2015 05:10 PM

#backitup

barbogast 05-13-2015 05:10 PM

Fuck yeah Alex

mthawk07 05-13-2015 05:19 PM

Thank you, Holtby!

~Crashintome89~ 05-13-2015 05:25 PM

lol rick nash

aeroshady 05-13-2015 05:26 PM

Nash needs to score that goal. Caps were better in the first. Next goal is huge. Caps score it and they are moving on.

rconverse 05-13-2015 05:26 PM

Gotta love game 7 in a hockey playoff. I'm not even that much of a fan of hockey and watching tonight's game.

aeroshady 05-13-2015 05:32 PM

I am not loving it right now haha. Rangers did not do much to convince me we were moving on in that first period. Going to need to be a lot better in the second.

Climb2safety 05-13-2015 05:36 PM

Win or lose everyone, fuck it. Cheers!

mthawk07 05-13-2015 05:48 PM

So the Caps feel like they can win this game a man down the entire fucking game.

mthawk07 05-13-2015 05:51 PM

Well you can only hold them off for so long when you're constantly a man down.

dmbetc 05-13-2015 05:51 PM

Woot woot!!

lockman21 05-13-2015 05:51 PM

There we go Rags

DMBluedevils 05-13-2015 05:52 PM

That was so nice

Climb2safety 05-13-2015 05:52 PM

Great goal

dmbetc 05-13-2015 05:53 PM

Beautiful.

Dramageek 05-13-2015 06:02 PM

Good game so far! Game 7's are much more fun when your team's not in it!:lol

barbogast 05-13-2015 06:07 PM

The power play needs to be better

JRS1386 05-13-2015 06:19 PM

This is great (for the non-Rangers and non-Caps fans)

mthawk07 05-13-2015 06:21 PM

Caps setting us up for an extra strength heartbreak tonight.

aeroshady 05-13-2015 06:26 PM

Well, one more period to decide this! Lets go Rangers!!

Brohan_Santana 05-13-2015 06:55 PM

Boyle just got ROCKED

salrx95 05-13-2015 06:59 PM

Just got in from work. Come on Caps. Get it done. You are right there. It's yours for the taking.

Climb2safety 05-13-2015 07:00 PM

Love seeing Eric fehr