Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 05-17-2017 12:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

I'm surprised Streit hasn't seen any action. He was pretty serviceable in Philly this season.

fonzz41 05-17-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16791652)
I'm surprised Streit hasn't seen any action. He was pretty serviceable in Philly this season.

Maybe that's why the Pens are still playing and philly isn't?

bradshaw06 05-17-2017 05:31 PM

Eventually the injuries are going to catch up to the pens.

bradshaw06 05-17-2017 05:35 PM

Sens are doing an excellent job blocking shots and limiting chances.

unccrombie 05-17-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16792004)
Eventually the injuries are going to catch up to the pens.

that'd be right, about, meow

unccrombie 05-17-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16791652)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16792002)

aaaaaand Brass just beat him for a goal

unccrombie 05-17-2017 05:41 PM

That should do it for MAF.

bradshaw06 05-17-2017 05:41 PM

Holy shit this is embarrassing.

cpxc. 05-17-2017 05:45 PM

Dimulon and Cole look like fucking trash out there. Never thought I'd say this but Maatta looks like only D out there.

bradshaw06 05-17-2017 05:51 PM

Buzz your girlfriend woof.

TMoore4075 05-17-2017 05:52 PM

The way the Sens play will make it tough for a comeback.

Roose13 05-17-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16792002)

At the rate this game is going, maybe not for much longer...

bradshaw06 05-17-2017 06:39 PM

I cant remember the last time the pens scored 3 goals. Game two against the caps?

unccrombie 05-17-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16792074)
I cant remember the last time the pens scored 3 goals. Game two against the caps?

well, you'll need 6.

JRS1386 05-17-2017 07:21 PM

Holy fuck :lol

bradshaw06 05-17-2017 07:58 PM

Well that was bad. Offense is gonna need to score more than a goal a game. Defense is gonna need to stop playing like the puck is a grenade.

hailtopitt 05-17-2017 08:00 PM

Pens blue line is garbage right now

Props to Ottawa for capitalizing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradshaw06 05-17-2017 08:10 PM

People will make a lot of the 'trap' but its really more of the sens play in their own end. Getting a lot of sticks on pucks, blocks, and clears.

hailtopitt 05-17-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16792238)
People will make a lot of the 'trap' but its really more of the sens play in their own end. Getting a lot of sticks on pucks, blocks, and clears.

True, but the responsibility falls on the Pens to create lanes and good lord get healthy

bradshaw06 05-17-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16792258)
True, but the responsibility falls on the Pens to create lanes and good lord get healthy

Never said they werent responsible. Just giving the sens some credit for their gameplan.

Dramageek 05-17-2017 09:08 PM

Yuck yuck yuck. What happened to the Pens' offense? I feel like I'm slowly watching a car run out of gas while simultaneously blowing a tire. Looks like missing Letang as well as the other injuries are finally catching up to them. It pains me to see the offense this anemic, and it's not all the Sens' 1-3-1. They certainly cannot give up four goals in the first 12 minutes. :lol Ah well, it's been a good run, and next year looks to be another really good shot. If they pull it together and get past the Sens (which is still very possible), well, that would be great fun. If not, tip of the cap to the Sens for putting together a very solid team, even if I am not a huge fan of their brand of hockey. I can't complain too much.

Game 4 against the Caps was 3-2. After that, it's been only 1 or 2 goals per game, but with two shutouts by MAF.

TMoore4075 05-18-2017 04:47 AM

Have they said if MAF will play game 4? It wasn't his fault by any means, Pens were getting beat to all the pucks. He deserves another start imo.

bradshaw06 05-18-2017 05:58 AM

Sullivan said he 'hasnt thought about it.'

bradshaw06 05-18-2017 06:02 AM

Its a tough one. I am on the fence. One one hand, those were vintage fleury goals he gave up. On the other, he got the pens this far

TMoore4075 05-18-2017 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16792500)
Its a tough one. I am on the fence. One one hand, those were vintage fleury goals he gave up. On the other, he got the pens this far

yeah, they don't get by the Caps without him. Would be bad if that's his last game as a Pen before he goes to Vegas.

Roose13 05-18-2017 06:03 AM

That was fun last night. Let's do it two more times.

Dramageek 05-18-2017 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16792500)

Eh, the first two were shitty bounces, too. Can't put it all on MAF. And the offense needs to come back to life, too.

aeroshady 05-18-2017 06:09 AM

I want to like the Sens because I actually like Ottawa and have been there for a game. I just really hate trap style hockey. The Devils pretty much ruined hockey in the 1990's playing that crap. Ottawa is doing the same. I want to see the trap fail, because if it doesn't, more teams will adapt that style and boring hockey across the NHL will be coming our way.

I can't even count how many 0-0 games I attended in New Jersey in the late 90's and early 00's....

bradshaw06 05-18-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16792506)
Eh, the first two were shitty bounces, too. Can't put it all on MAF. And the offense needs to come back to life, too.

Yea it is certainly a collective cluster right now

TheLastPig 05-18-2017 06:19 AM

Props to the Sens last night. They came out flying. First home conference finals game in a decade definitely played into that. MAF let in a couple iffy ones but its not all on him.

I have confidence they can bounce back, but they have to make a strong push friday out of the gates.

This isnt based on anything but I think Hornqvist laces them up friday and that will be a biiig help against a team like the Sens. Would be nice to get Schultz back but im doubting it.

To the Sens credit their positioning has really affected the Pens through the neutral zone. But at the same time, there have been alot of passes there and the Pens arent connecting on them... Sens doing a great job getting in passing lanes and blocking shots in their defensive end, but the Pens are still getting tons of chances, but theyre either not burying them or its because Anderson is making a big save time and time again.

As far as MAF/Murray... this is a tough decision. Toughest Sullivan has had as Pens coach. But just off my gut reaction, id go Murray. I say this because of how much the puck has been bouncing around unpredictably in this series, and also because of the way the boards are in Ottawa. MAF has always had trouble with bounces like that, and they happen often there. Murray is a calming influence in net with that kind of stuff. Also I think MAF's play has dropped off slightly in this series. He has been a little sketchy handling the puck, and he isnt covering the net east to west very well right now. If you go to Murray it might send the team a bit of a jolt too.

But even with all that said I still feel good with either guy, I just think Murray is the correct choice right now.