Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

jrkarger 04-05-2017 09:17 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where home field advantage matters!)

This is fun :popcorn

TheLastPig 04-05-2017 09:17 AM

Letang out 4-6 months. what the flying fuck

jrkarger 04-05-2017 09:19 AM

Well it was fun.

Time to shine up the golf clubs.

TheLastPig 04-05-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16760251)
Well it was fun.

You mean you dont trust that Hainsey/Dumo top pairing? :lol

dmbetc 04-05-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16760251)
Well it was fun.

:lol:lol

jrkarger 04-05-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16760254)
You mean you dont trust that Hainsey/Dumo top pairing? :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16760256)
:lol:lol

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...1d898ddd9e.jpg

Dramageek 04-05-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16760250)

Surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck. Jesus James Christ. He's had worse injury luck than Sid.

TheLastPig 04-05-2017 09:28 AM

Pretty convinced PPG Paints is built on an indian burial ground.

Climb2safety 04-05-2017 09:29 AM

Whatever. Not buying it Pittsburgh fans. Sid and Malkin is plenty and you know it.

TheLastPig 04-05-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16760268)
Whatever. Not buying it Pittsburgh fans. Sid and Malkin is plenty and you know it.

Still think we can win a couple rounds but thats a huge blow.

We need Maatta and Daley back and playing well in the worst way.

Climb2safety 04-05-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16760270)

That's more like it.

Dramageek 04-05-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16760270)

Very much this. Letang played 30 minutes per game last playoffs. That load's going to be have to be spread around. Time for Shultz and Cole to step up bigly.

hailtopitt 04-05-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16760028)
Pens looked good last night. Geuntzel continues to impress.

I acutally am starting to think they are healthier than they are letting on. I fully expect Geno and Letang to play in the first round. I dont think that Rust and Cullen are really hurt, I just think they were being cautious.

Getting home ice over CBJ I actually think is a big advantage in that series.

yea, about that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16760250)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16760261)
Surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck. Jesus James Christ. He's had worse injury luck than Sid.

season over. Pens are fucked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16760268)

no, Sid and Geno aren't even close to "plenty"

without Letang they have no chance to repeat, simple as that.

fonzz41 04-05-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 16759930)
it was a crazy game. makes up for the one in chicago when everything fell apart for the avs after the blown offsides call.

i wish they would keep duchene (and mackinnon). i'd rather them trade landeskog. duchene and mac make plays happen. matt has had a ton of bad luck with shots going off posts, etc, and it was really nice to see him have a great game, but at some point those shots are going to start going in for him. he can be a 30+ goal guy. he just needs guys around him to help out to make some scoring chances.

its been fun watching the young guys playing for the avs the last few weeks. lots of talented kids that can really make a difference with some experience under their belts. lots of hustle, constantly pestering opposing players. rantanen, compher, jost, and adrighetto could be a huge boost to this team if they can all click and live up to the expectations. i love the mackinnon-rantanen-adrighetto line.

Wish I could agree with you, my friend, but I'm rooting for a Duchene trade. And it's not because I don't like him. He's worked his ass off for the Avs. Always gives 100%, is a fantastic team guy, has rounded out his 3-zone game, and is one of the most visible guys in the Denver community in terms of charity and such. A great guy for any team to have. He can get streaky, but that shouldn't take away from all the positives.

However, they've got to move someone in order to land some solid defensive help. I agree on keeping MacKinnon. He is a franchise centerpiece. And although Landeskog isn't putting up the points that I think people expected, he has something about him that I think the Avs need. A lot of Peter Forsberg in his game in terms of combining finesse with grit. I also think this season has been important for his evolution as a captain. I've said this a couple times, but on many nights it looks like he's dragging the team to the season's finish line through pure force of will. I'm interested to see him next season with the lessons he's learned this season.

Duchene is simply going to be their best bet for fetching a solid return. And if moving him is what it takes to start improving defensively, I'm for it. He's enticing trade bait precisely because of the things you and I have talked about. It pains me to say it, but it's true.

What softens the blow of moving him is also what you pointed out: The youngsters. Raantanen has been fantastic, Compher has looked great, Jost has all the potential in the world, and Andrighetto was a HELLUVA pick up by Sakic. As those guys continue to develop, they will replace Duchene's production.

Can't wait for next season!

JRS1386 04-05-2017 09:40 AM

I agree with what Ricky says about NHL being the weakest of the four major sports. Its got the worse TV deal of any sport. I think he was coming at it in a overall appeal sense not quality of game (I could be wrong)

jrkarger 04-05-2017 09:41 AM

What everyone else said, Climb.

Letang was just as important as Sid during last year's run. He damn-near single-handily beat San Jose in game 6 last year. He gives you 30 min a game of goal line to goal line play.

bradshaw06 04-05-2017 09:45 AM

What terrible news. This team has the worst injury luck.

Climb2safety 04-05-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16760282)
I agree with what Ricky says about NHL being the weakest of the four major sports. Its got the worse TV deal of any sport. I think he was coming at it in a overall appeal sense not quality of game (I could be wrong)

But what is the point of saying this? You think I like baseball or basketball more than hockey? No way.

Who cares what the overall population thinks?

rickyh24 04-05-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16760282)

Correct. I didn't mention quality because then it becomes an opinion and not fact.

Climb2safety 04-05-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16760283)
What everyone else said, Climb.

Letang was just as important as Sid during last year's run. He damn-near single-handily beat San Jose in game 6 last year. He gives you 30 min a game of goal line to goal line play.

I completely agree with his importance. He is the kind of player that wins cups.

I just wanted to establish it's still unlikey you'll be needing those golf clubs til May. I'd love to see sooner though but I'll never count the Pens out until I see it happen.

rickyh24 04-05-2017 09:52 AM

The NHL Thread (where home field advantage matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16760288)
But what is the point of saying this? You think I like baseball or basketball more than hockey? No way.

Who cares what the overall population thinks?

You shouldn't care at all. Caring about it leads to getting rattled when the sport becomes more interesting to other people once playoffs come around. It should be embraced.

Edit: check 2 posts down for examples.

hailtopitt 04-05-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16760294)
I completely agree with his importance. He is the kind of player that wins cups.

I just wanted to establish it's still unlikey you'll be needing those golf clubs til May. I'd love to see sooner though but I'll never count the Pens out until I see it happen.

doubt the Pens get past CBJ in the first round without Letang

barbogast 04-05-2017 09:54 AM

Fuck Marchand

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16760167)
No shame in that. I love hockey but it's the lesser of the 4 major sports. Just the reality of the situation.

Super worth pointing out, as well :thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16760213)
Holy fuck this thread.

Playoffs! Time to bring the dumb!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16760229)
Me too buddy.

It's felt a little different this year, who knows. I think this thread mocking them all season (lol Caps) gave the extra inspiration. Locker room stuff.

It's good to see them shake off that skid of a few weeks ago.

This thread has mocked the Caps since longer than either of us has been around this site. It's nothing different this year.

barbogast 04-05-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16760300)

Bud I am hoping for this harder than you know. I feel genuinely bad for Letang. And you and the Pens people too. But my god please let Columbus beat you.

hailtopitt 04-05-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16760303)
Bud I am hoping for this harder than you know. I feel genuinely bad for Letang. And you and the Pens people too. But my god please let Columbus beat you.

why? Penguins without Letang seems like a better matchup than a fairly healthy CBJ coming off a huge momentum building series win

i get the whole Penguins stigma regarding the Caps but i think this would be the year for the Caps to break the so-called curse

JRS1386 04-05-2017 10:00 AM

The more sex cannon the better

barbogast 04-05-2017 10:00 AM

Meh. I'll pass. Columbus please.

barbogast 04-05-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16760311)
The more sex cannon the better

:lol :lol :lol and this

TheLastPig 04-05-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16760300)

Eh I still think we can beat CBJ

JRS1386 04-05-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16760310)
why? Penguins without Letang seems like a better matchup than a fairly healthy CBJ coming off a huge momentum building series win

i get the whole Penguins stigma regarding the Caps but i think this would be the year for the Caps to break the so-called curse

If the Penguins win it will be on the back of either hot goaltending or a hot Crosby/Malkin. Neither of which you want to face in the playoffs