Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 10:42 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/i...mcdavid-photo/

This is a freaking hilarious picture if you haven't seen it.

mr.MikeD 05-10-2017 11:32 AM

are there any interesting hockey games on tonight?

aeroshady 05-10-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16786472)
are there any interesting hockey games on tonight?

http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/games/

Scroll to May 10th! Lets go Germany!!

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 11:48 AM

USA already won so I don't have any I'm psyched for.

barbogast 05-10-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786033)
Again, Hank is screwed as long as he is a Ranger. That said, Barbs, the Sens are beatable. Your Caps have the best chance they have ever had in front of them. Go get it done.

If the Caps lose, Hank and Ovie need to go win a cup together in Vegas :lol

Thanks for that dude. You seem like a really awesome guy Greg and I feel like you genuinely want the Caps to get this done for me. I appreciate that and even though I hate your team I am sorry your team didn't get it done during their window. No matter what happens, you're a pretty fucking cool guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786323)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJtTdxOInA <-- This one is extra classless

:lol :lol :lol

Excuse me mr. official, can someone make an announcement for them to stop throwing all those hats?

barbogast 05-10-2017 12:56 PM

Starting to feel the nerves a little bit. I really want this one. I don't wanna be the loser again.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 01:09 PM

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comme...medium=twitter

This would be nuts. So Vegas could sign a player and then trade him to another team that wanted him.

hailtopitt 05-10-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16786378)
Murray dressing tonight. MAF starting.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201705100174

Well, I hope Sully doesn't get an itchy trigger finger. I don't think he will though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786423)
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/i...mcdavid-photo/

This is a freaking hilarious picture if you haven't seen it.

Hahahahahahaha perfection

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16786590)
Well, I hope Sully doesn't get an itchy trigger finger. I don't think he will though.

Hahahahahahaha perfection

Nah hes not stupid enough to put in a cold goalie in a game 7. Ride or die with MAF tonight no doubt.

fonzz41 05-10-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786593)
Nah hes not stupid enough to put in a cold goalie in a game 7. Ride or die with MAF tonight no doubt.

If anything, they're dressing Murray more for the mental effect as much as for the actual relief insurance.

On one hand, MAF may feel less pressure knowing if he screws up, there's no longer a no-name backup that comes in. May lead to him relaxing a bit and therefore playing better.

On the OTHER hand, MAF may feel MORE pressure knowing that an experienced, Cup-winning goalie is waiting in the wings should he screw up.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16786597)
If anything, they're dressing Murray more for the mental effect as much as for the actual relief insurance.

On one hand, MAF may feel less pressure knowing if he screws up, there's no longer a no-name backup that comes in. May lead to him relaxing a bit and therefore playing better.

On the OTHER hand, MAF may feel MORE pressure knowing that an experienced, Cup-winning goalie is waiting in the wings should he screw up.

I dont really see any of that being an issue. Im sure MAF was well aware Murray was almost back. He was skating the morning of game 6 as well.

If MAF has a good or bad game its not because Murray is sitting on the bench.

jrkarger 05-10-2017 01:51 PM

Or... they could be dressing Murray because he's been medically cleared to play................

Dramageek 05-10-2017 01:54 PM

If Murray's coming in at all tonight, either Fleury's hurt or the game's over already.

Roose13 05-10-2017 01:55 PM

So can we say Pens/Caps is one of the biggest Game 7's in NHL history (excluding ones in the SCF)? I mean, in hindsight, this could be the series that either catapults the Capitals into finally winning a Cup or it's their last chance for a while. Also, this is all thrown out the window if Washington does win but loses in the ECF or SCF.

fonzz41 05-10-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16786618)
So can we say Pens/Caps is one of the biggest Game 7's in NHL history (excluding ones in the SCF)? I mean, in hindsight, this could be the series that either catapults the Capitals into finally winning a Cup or it's their last chance for a while. Also, this is all thrown out the window if Washington does win but loses in the ECF or SCF.

I don't know about history. But for someone like Ovi? This is the game of his career (so far).

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 02:00 PM

Stomach knot and butt clench in full effect. Need some alcohol.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16786491)
Thanks for that dude. You seem like a really awesome guy Greg and I feel like you genuinely want the Caps to get this done for me. I appreciate that and even though I hate your team I am sorry your team didn't get it done during their window. No matter what happens, you're a pretty fucking cool guy.

:lol :thumbsup

Thanks man! I am fully rooting for a Caps v Preds finals. Now that my team is out I have no issue being okay with this finally being the Caps year for you!

Good luck tonight! If possible, try to enjoy the game man! (I know it is impossible to really enjoy a game 7 when your team is in it)

To everyone else, in case I can't pop in here tonight, enjoy the two awesome game 7's we have!

barbogast 05-10-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16786621)
I don't know about history. But for someone like Ovi? This is the game of his career (so far).

This. Precisely. This is a huge moment in the Ovie cycle. This could possibly be an unrecoverable moment, which may seem a bit extreme, but it's no secret the team will look a little different next year and probably won't be as good. They've got some dynamic youth though so it's not like they'll go from 120 point seasons to 75 point seasons but as far as realistically being good enough to win a Cup, yeah, this a huge huge HUGE game.

Climb2safety 05-10-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786593)

I'd imagine there is a 2 maybe 3 goal hook which I'd love but doubt occurs.

barbogast 05-10-2017 02:22 PM

It depends on how it goes. If MAF gives 3 but it's like 3-2 late then obviously he won't be pulled for that, but yeah if it's like 3 real early and fast I could see Sullivan getting an itchy finger

barbogast 05-10-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure I agree with this entirely. Sure winning tonight and losing to the Sens would sting, but if they end up in the Cup Finals but come up short I don't think that's like a huge failure or anything.

I can't believe I just used all those words in a sentence together talking about the Caps.

Pens in 7.

lockman21 05-10-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

I feel like that's recency bias blown way out of proportion.

Probably biggest of Ovie's career, like Matty said, but in NHL history? No. Unless we're being very liberal with the term "biggest".

JRS1386 05-10-2017 02:39 PM

Some local radio guy says that the Caps will win 5 or 6 to nothing

barbogast 05-10-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16786652)

I've seen predictions like that. I can understand why some people are inclined to feel this way, but I gotta say it again the history just says this isn't gonna be a cake walk and could possibly be very ugly.

mthawk07 05-10-2017 03:05 PM

I have zero excitement about this game 7. Too many letdowns in the past to get excited.

lockman21 05-10-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

aka just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks

cry_minarets458 05-10-2017 03:14 PM

If the pens D doesn't improve, game will be over before it starts. Gotta get inspired boys!

Climb2safety 05-10-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Not too late to hop on the bandwagon. Seat next to Barbs.

daveshookme 05-10-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16786654)
I've seen predictions like that. I can understand why some people are inclined to feel this way, but I gotta say it again the history just says this isn't gonna be a cake walk and could possibly be very ugly.

I don't think it gets ugly unless it's a blowout late in the game.

Unless you're talking getting ugly to mean score.

barbogast 05-10-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16786712)
I don't think it gets ugly unless it's a blowout late in the game.

Unless you're talking getting ugly to mean score.

Yeah that's what I meant. Score ugly.