Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 05-08-2017 11:30 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16784643)
I liked the changing logos but also saw some of the more recent ones change and think...did they change? Add a color or something?

I know some of the older teams but never knew Pit had a team called the Pirates before the Original 6.

I did notice the ones that didn't look like they changed much. I noticed it with Pittsburgh at least once and Carolina and Edmonton I think too. I was so pumped when the Sreaming Eagle pop up.

I didn't know about a lot of those older teams.

TheLastPig 05-08-2017 11:32 AM

Follow @theesquireof212 for the ultimate rangers hot takes. Dude is awful and RT's alot of crazy fans. He is also super anti-penguin bias which is hilarious.

Every call against the caps or CBJ so far has been "Refs bailing out the Pens again!" type stuff. Good entertainment.

unccrombie 05-08-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16784637)
What do I have to look forward to right now?

the toasting of the sandwich to complete the caps melt?

barbogast 05-08-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16784653)

:lol :lol caps melt with extra Bonino

TMoore4075 05-08-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16784648)
I did notice the ones that didn't look like they changed much. I noticed it with Pittsburgh at least once and Carolina and Edmonton I think too. I was so pumped when the Sreaming Eagle pop up.

I didn't know about a lot of those older teams.

Carolina and Minnesota were the two I noticed. I was like....uh they look the same. Also I laughed at the first Coyotes logo. If that doesn't scream 90's, nothing does. Oh and the fisherman. That one made me laugh.

barbogast 05-08-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16784659)
Carolina and Minnesota were the two I noticed. I was like....uh they look the same. Also I laughed at the first Coyotes logo. If that doesn't scream 90's, nothing does. Oh and the fisherman. That one made me laugh.

The Coyotes goalie dude was awesome. That was the best time for logos. Everyone looked ridiculous.

TheLastPig 05-08-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16784659)

Love both of those logos. Theyre so out of left field. The early Coyotes jerseys were amazing. The epitome of 1990s.

unccrombie 05-08-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16784657)
:lol :lol caps melt with extra Bonino

sounds like it wouldn't be gluten free

kev87lads 05-08-2017 11:45 AM

#boninosauce

Climb2safety 05-08-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16784653)

Curious how much people think it would really be a melt.

Pittsburgh:
Defending champs
111 points, second most, 7 behind Washington
#1 goal scorer and #2 point getter
Most regular season goals, and points
Have led the whole series

If you want to call the Caps loss a melt go ahead. It won't make it any more disappointing but would seem to insult Pittsburgh tbh.

mr.MikeD 05-08-2017 12:20 PM

I watched a third of the 7-1 Oilers game after work and didn't see a single goal.
Pointless stat - Connor scores in 3 games in this series, Oilers lose those 3. Connor doesn't score in 3, Oilers win those.
Only conclusion is to scratch him for game 7 I guess.

unccrombie 05-08-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16784694)

Pittsburgh:
Defending champs

If you want to call the Caps loss a melt go ahead. It won't make it any more disappointing but would seem to insult Pittsburgh tbh.

buzzkill burt to the rescue

Climb2safety 05-08-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16784700)

Just reminding everyone (myself) that this is a pretty good team Pittsburgh has

barbogast 05-08-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Pittsburgh:
Defending champs

Caps need to get it done. Until they do, it's a melt.

The Caps are the best team in the league this year, including Pittsburgh. If they can't beat them, they have once again failed to meet their potential, and that, at this point in the Ovie area, is another melt.

lockman21 05-08-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Pittsburgh:
Defending champs

It's also a Pitt team without their #1 defenseman, their starting goaltender, and the best player in the world out for a game (which the Caps lost).

Also a Pitt team that had a main acquisition of Ron fuckin' Hainsey at the trade deadline, while the Caps got the biggest name on the market in Kevin Shartenkirk.

Sure Pitt is a great team, but this was supposed to be THE year for the Caps. They have a number of people coming off the books next year and there's just no way to retain the roster. Hence the Sharty trade. And that great team in Pitt is also severely hobbled. Combine the two? People will say it's a collapse. Especially given all that combined with the Caps history.

lockman21 05-08-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16784700)

dont worry i gotchu fam

Climb2safety 05-08-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16784749)
Caps need to get it done. Until they do, it's a melt.

The Caps are the best team in the league this year, including Pittsburgh. If they can't beat them, they have once again failed to meet their potential, and that, at this point in the Ovie area, is another melt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16784798)
It's also a Pitt team without their #1 defenseman, their starting goaltender, and the best player in the world out for a game (which the Caps lost).

Also a Pitt team that had a main acquisition of Ron fuckin' Hainsey at the trade deadline, while the Caps got the biggest name on the market in Kevin Shartenkirk.

Sure Pitt is a great team, but this was supposed to be THE year for the Caps. They have a number of people coming off the books next year and there's just no way to retain the roster. Hence the Sharty trade. And that great team in Pitt is also severely hobbled. Combine the two? People will say it's a collapse. Especially given all that combined with the Caps history.

Asked and answered I guess.

barbogast 05-08-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16784815)
Asked and answered I guess.

I don't know why you'd expect anyone to feel or think anything different

Climb2safety 05-08-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16784831)
I don't know why you'd expect anyone to feel or think anything different

Because I do. If they lose fuck yeah I'm going to be disappointed. I also know they've lost to the Stanley Cup champs 4 times is it? Not that I am at all counting us out.

When I saw the bracket I knew this was a huge mountain.

This president me trophy stuff is fun (for Caps haters) but anyone with a clue knows it's not at all a good indicator of winning the cup. Only 7 times since 1985 has the best record won the cup.

So, unless they were up 3-0 or 3-1 I wouldn't use the term choke or melt. That's just me.

Roose13 05-08-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16784798)

Pretty much this. If you put all your eggs in one basket, play the best 82 games out of anyone in the league and are on the verge of being deposited like trash in the second round to a banged up team without some of its best players, then yes, you melted.

TMoore4075 05-08-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16784851)
Pretty much this. If you put all your eggs in one basket, play the best 82 games out of anyone in the league and are on the verge of being deposited like trash in the second round to a banged up team without some of its best players, then yes, you melted.

I'll add to this. You start off down 2-0 in game one and tie it only to have a big fucking brain fart to lead to the game winner. Game 2, outplay them like crazy early, but can't score and end up getting blown out. Game 4, have them now without their best player and still can't find a way to win. You're the best team in the league during the regular season, going up against a team missing some key guys and you start off down 3-1. Sorry, that shouldn't happen. And it's not like this is the first time they're here so you can't say well they'll learn from this. They've had let downs again and again. This should have been their chance with the injuries and stuff the Pens had.

JRS1386 05-08-2017 04:54 PM

So C2S are you named because we will need to get to higher grounds when you melt extra hard?

Roose13 05-08-2017 04:59 PM

Get the mops ready

Dramageek 05-08-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16784917)
Get the mops ready

Not yet. Shitty first period for the Pens.

TMoore4075 05-08-2017 05:25 PM

Ouch. Tough fall by Sid.

cry_minarets458 05-08-2017 05:56 PM

Pens look lost.

mthawk07 05-08-2017 05:57 PM

Incredible individual effort by Burakovsky!

barbogast 05-08-2017 06:04 PM

This is scary as fuck

bradshaw06 05-08-2017 06:09 PM

Pens are toast.

cry_minarets458 05-08-2017 06:12 PM

Will this be the worst "x blew a 3-1 lead" joke in sports?