Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   New COVID-19 Vaccine / Negative Test Mandates (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=355694)

ExistenceNow 08-23-2021 07:35 PM

Re: New COVID-19 Vaccine / Negative Test Mandates

Quote:

Originally Posted by donvito72 (Post 18023239)
The concerts don't even require a vaccine. Tell him to quit bitching and go get a negative test. Unless he doesn't think those work either....

Nasal swabs give you Chlamydia.

ISawTheBridge10 08-23-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 18023308)
If you think a vaccine will somehow fuck up your immune system, perhaps you should learn more about how they work.

Yeah Iíve always been under the impression that vaccines actually help our immune system. Which is why, you know, diseases get eradicated and things of that nature.

Is this a real talking point? Vaccines actually mess up your immune system?

mthawk07 08-23-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 18023367)
Yeah Iíve always been under the impression that vaccines actually help our immune system. Which is why, you know, diseases get eradicated and things of that nature.

Is this a real talking point? Vaccines actually mess up your immune system?

Iíve seen one theory that the vaccines will kick in and kill millions of old people this winter.

KevinTH 08-24-2021 01:19 PM

Anyone not get their COVID test back in time before the show? My wifeís hadnít come back yet and weíre attending both Gilford nights. Fuck COVID. Now she canít fucking go.

ExistenceNow 08-24-2021 01:22 PM

I would hate for my concert attendance to be dependent on CVS delivering something on time. :lol

Glad I have my shots.

dontdrink36 08-24-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 18023934)
Anyone not get their COVID test back in time before the show? My wifeís hadnít come back yet and weíre attending both Gilford nights. Fuck COVID. Now she canít fucking go.

can you not get a rapid test? Or an at home one?

ExistenceNow 08-24-2021 01:24 PM

Pretty sure at-home tests aren't valid for entry.

BrahmaBull 08-24-2021 01:45 PM

FS: Pits both nights Face + fees + rapid test

:lol

KevinTH 08-24-2021 01:45 PM

I got mine back in March. Don’t get me started on that. Think we might be going with Photoshop….I don’t know. What the hell do I do? We could try a rapid, but does that count?

How are they checking tests? Can she just show a screenshot?

Bernie41 08-24-2021 02:05 PM

I would be surprised if a rapid test wasn't accepted. I've had two rapid tests done in the past year, you can get results in like 15 minutes.

kelchlsm 08-24-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 18023991)
I got mine back in March. Donít get me started on that. Think we might be going with PhotoshopÖ.I donít know. What the hell do I do? We could try a rapid, but does that count?

How are they checking tests? Can she just show a screenshot?

Can get a rapid test and get the results before you even get back home- theyre everywhere nowadays

Alpine416 08-24-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 18022523)
it depends on the show, you'll need to look at your specific venue's policies. Some shows (gorge, burgettstown, others) require a paper print-out or the original vax card, or the original printout or a copy of the negative test.

Other shows (MSG for one) allow a picture on the smartphone.

Gotta get info direct from your venue's web page.

Literally have a friend of mine (not super close) on facebook who went on and on about not being approved. After the approval yesterday posted "guess something with <50% effectiveness is good enough for approval nowadays" don't know where he got that number even but people gonna keep movin' them goalposts....

KevinTH 08-24-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 18024039)
Can get a rapid test and get the results before you even get back home- theyre everywhere nowadays

Nothing close enough and no available appointments.

ToySoldier#34 08-24-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 18023934)

Sorry to hear this

jssmith6 08-24-2021 03:23 PM

Sorry if this has been answered, but for those that have attended a show with the new mandate, what exactly happens? If your vaccinated, they look at your card and verify with your ID. If you have a negative test, do they just verify the date, test type and "negative"? Do you keep your sheet or do they take it? Thinking of the gorge and what I need to print next week for when I get tested. Thanks.

YankeesDMB41 08-24-2021 03:25 PM

Dead and Co had people outside the stadium giving you a bracelet if you were vaccinated to make it easier to enter.

Foreverford05 08-24-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jssmith6 (Post 18024225)
Sorry if this has been answered, but for those that have attended a show with the new mandate, what exactly happens? If your vaccinated, they look at your card and verify with your ID. If you have a negative test, do they just verify the date, test type and "negative"? Do you keep your sheet or do they take it? Thinking of the gorge and what I need to print next week for when I get tested. Thanks.

pretty much; I had my ID and vax card out to go through the line, they checked it and moved me along bag check, then moved me a long to ticket check, then I was in. was easy peasy

BrahmaBull 08-27-2021 09:36 AM

Just read this on LN, for SPAC. To me, it reads if you are anti-vax by choice, that doesn't fly.

Quote:

The Event Organizer is requiring all attendees of this event to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In attending the event, you certify and attest that you and all individuals in your party attending the event will abide by the following regulations: All fans must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) and provide proof of vaccination - either the original vaccination card or a printed copy of the vaccination card. Unvaccinated fans under 12 years of age, or those fans with a valid medical restriction & medical note will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before the event and will provide proof of negative result to security prior to entering the venue. The Event Organizer encourages all guests to wear a mask for the duration of the event. Previously purchased tickets will be honored for the new date.

YouNeverKnow25 08-27-2021 09:39 AM

I agree with the sentiment but that’s a lot to put on the plate of some poor contract-worker yellow-shirt

Sabres914 08-27-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrahmaBull (Post 18027218)
Just read this on LN, for SPAC. To me, it reads if you are anti-vax by choice, that doesn't fly.

Where do you see that? I see this:

Quote:

COVID-19 Testing Or Vaccination (BEFORE October 4th)

This information only applies to the following shows:

Dead & Company - Friday, August 27th
Maroon 5 - Monday, September 13th
Dave Matthews Band - Friday, September 17th & Saturday, September 18th
Jonas Brothers - Tuesday, September 28th [PLEASE NOTE: This show is requiring a negative test 72 hours of the event, instead of 48 hours listed below]

Please note this performance is requiring all fans to provide PRINTED proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of the event OR full vaccination for entry.

-All fans must have received a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before entry to the facility and provide printed proof of a negative result prior to entering the venue. Or, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) and provide proof of vaccination - either the original vaccination card or a printed copy of the vaccination card.
-Unvaccinated fans under 12 years of age will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before entry to the facility and will provide printed proof of negative result prior to entering the venue.
-Unvaccinated fans over 12 years old with a valid medical restriction & medical note will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before entry to the facility, and will provide printed proof of negative result prior to entering the venue.
https://www.livenation.com/venue/Kov...s#venue-safety

BrahmaBull 08-27-2021 04:03 PM

The pop up you get when you click that link reads much differently.

Quote:

Important Note
The Event Organizer is requiring fans agree to the terms below prior to ticket purchases & event entry. Please note these confirmations will apply to all members of your party before they are allowed to enter the event and to any users of the tickets purchased by you. By purchasing tickets for this event, I confirm that I will have received a negative COVID-19 test within 48-hours of the event, OR I will have been fully vaccinated (14 days past final vaccination shot) at the time of the event. Children under 12 years of age, or fans with a valid medical note preventing vaccination, will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before the event and will provide proof of negative result prior to entering the venue. Mask wearing will be encouraged.

BrahmaBull 08-27-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres914 (Post 18027349)

https://concerts.livenation.com/dave...493.1625583279

upper right corner, click more.

Sabres914 08-27-2021 04:22 PM

Interesting. So now we have conflicting information on the venue page compared to the event page. Not sure what to think.

Bowa34 08-29-2021 01:41 PM

Mohegan is planning to be fully masked for DMB.

lc_2000 08-29-2021 05:41 PM

I put my card in a plastic holder, attached a lanyard, and also put my ID and tickets in it …. Pretty easy getting through. No personal rights were violated in the process.

Thirtyfouroi 08-30-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahpissah (Post 18022460)
This is horse shit!!!! There's 30K+ going to sporting events without being vaccinated but we need it for this?! I never get sick so I'm worried that shot will fuck up my immune system. If your that paranoid about covid you shouldn't be going to concerts. Order siriusxm radio and stay the fuck home!

Yes. 100% need it. Please don’t get me sick.

And…

Oh my word… this. “I never get sick, I’m worried that shot will f up my immune system” —— this will generally be the attitude/quote of the century when history looks back at us and wonder why we didn’t get this thing under control and why so many people died. A majority of people around the world are clamoring for any way possible to get a shot. Yet, here in America we seem to have a fairly new first world problem — too many resources, too much science, providing a vaccine so fast that people think it’s odd and become afraid of it. We are over-flowing with credible resources — get a vaccine on just about any block, science of it made readily available, research made readily available. But people continue to fail to understand the most basic fact regarding covid. IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU. YOU CAN BE CARRYING IT WITH ZERO SYMPTOMS AND GIVE IT TO SOMEBODY WHO THE DIES.

And none of this is directed at the OP. Because millions hold this attitude. I did last spring, in fact. But was heading home for a wedding and my parents essentially talked me in to it. I did my research and chose the JJ shot and was done. Months later, no third foot growing, ears didn’t fall off, and I’m still running the average 7:30minute mile on my 5 mile runs. I’ve literally been sick once in my life. Never missed a day of school.

How do people not understand that most of the danger is not in getting sick? It’s getting the virus, not realizing it, and passing it to your neighbor, who ends up getting very sick, and/or has their life up ended, and/or dies. It is truly baffling at this point. The arrogance of not informing oneself, of making it political, or of listening to and believing the one crack pipe doc who wants to tell you the entire medical community is wrong… it’s just ignorance and naivety at its greatest

Thirtyfouroi 08-30-2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donvito72 (Post 18016812)
This was wholly unnecessary.

Diasagreed. Adults acting like 3 year olds when it comes to a life saving vaccine, not understanding the basic level of why it is needed, that is is wholly unnecessary

Thirtyfouroi 08-30-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoDaFoo (Post 18016991)
There it is, the worst post ever on Ants.

Seriously, fuck off.

You aren’t kidding. From left field doesn’t even touch on its randomness. However, when you click on the profile, the last four or five of his posts have been calling people out in a similar fashion. TAlking about race.,

Thirtyfouroi 08-30-2021 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donvito72 (Post 18016997)
I assumed it was just an over the top joke. As someone that's been to 50 shows, the numbers of times I've seen more minorities in the audience than in the band was....zero.

Not a joke. Look at their last half dozen postsÖ. All the same.

LaLaLaLaHey 08-30-2021 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahpissah (Post 18022460)
This is horse shit!!!! There's 30K+ going to sporting events without being vaccinated but we need it for this?! I never get sick so I'm worried that shot will fuck up my immune system. If your that paranoid about covid you shouldn't be going to concerts. Order siriusxm radio and stay the fuck home!

Thatís not how vaccines work. They canít screw up your immune system. You can and almost definitely will get sick if you donít get the shot. 99% of all COVID related deaths these days are unvaccinated people. Donít contribute to that statistic.